By spookydog

6 months ago

Stats

• 30 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by WackyBrakke
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

twd (resized).png

#1 6 months ago

Opinions of owners of TWD and GOT. If you were going to buy a NIB one which would you choose and why.

#2 6 months ago

I'd buy the one I like the most.

#3 6 months ago

They are both pure awesomeness, but I gotta go with TWD. Get both if you can someday but get TWD first.

#4 6 months ago

twd

#5 6 months ago

got

#6 6 months ago

Got

#7 6 months ago

Pro vs pro = GOT
    PREM vs PREM = TWD

#9 6 months ago

TWD easy. I think it's one of Stern's best games ever.

#11 6 months ago

GOT. And I disagree with Eskaybee about the premium - I think half the game is missing with the pro. Both versions of GOT are awesome, though. But with TWD, I think only the premium would be worth your cash.

#12 6 months ago

TWD pro....great pin...one of a sterns best...

#13 6 months ago

GoT

#14 6 months ago

TWD FTW!

#15 6 months ago

It's a tough call. Both great pins. GOT has pretty cool rules. But you really need to scratch at them for a while to get the strategy down. Once you understand them, it can really shine. TWD is just different. The layout, and (on the pro) sweeping ramps that if you miss, you're hamburger. I've heard the tilt warning sound on TWD more than any other game. You are always fighting the game. And the rules fit this nasty fight very well.

Both are quite unique, but I'll lean just a bit towards TWD.

#17 6 months ago

twd (resized).png

#18 6 months ago

TWD for sure - I want to purchase one so much. I've played both versions of GOT, it's ok, that's about it. GOT Pro is super smooth, I'll give it that. I really hate the art on the GOT playfield.

#19 6 months ago

Twd by a fair amount especially if talking about the pro.

#20 6 months ago

TWD

I enjoy it's gameplay, visual appeal, and audio more. GoT leaves me sort of cold - probably in part due to its somewhat confusing ruleset. I strongly dislike the dots on GOT also.

#23 6 months ago

twd, got and GB are the best sterns made in a while. they earn well to. as far as which to buy between got and TWD, if its for your house its up to you. both are great choices. cant go wrong with either IMO.

#24 6 months ago

TWDLE or premium by light years! The rules are amazing and the gameplay is brutal! But if you don't mind a long player then GOT (which I'm not a fan of in the home environment) is for you. But for me it's seriously a non contest with TWDLE/Prem winning 100/100 times

#25 6 months ago

TWD Pro for me.
    But TWD is more difficult than GoT: depends who plays the game in your house (TWD can be frustrating!).

#26 6 months ago

TWD all day

#27 6 months ago

Wow...what a tough call.

Do you have a preference for Borg or Ritchie games?

Which theme do you prefer?

#28 6 months ago

TWD
    -Mike

#30 6 months ago

Both are excellent games. TWD will probably go into the archives soon, so I'd pick up one while you can. GoT will be available for a while yet. Premium all the way on both of them

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 10.00
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 12.95
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    $ 65.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 24.50
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 150.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Double Danger Pinball

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 199 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside