Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by BowlingJim
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180407_125415 (resized).jpg
    twd (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Opinions of owners of TWD and GOT. If you were going to buy a NIB one which would you choose and why.

#2 6 years ago

I'd buy the one I like the most.

#3 6 years ago

They are both pure awesomeness, but I gotta go with TWD. Get both if you can someday but get TWD first.

#7 6 years ago

Pro vs pro = GOT
    PREM vs PREM = TWD

#9 6 years ago

TWD easy. I think it's one of Stern's best games ever.

#11 6 years ago

GOT. And I disagree with Eskaybee about the premium - I think half the game is missing with the pro. Both versions of GOT are awesome, though. But with TWD, I think only the premium would be worth your cash.

#12 6 years ago

TWD pro....great pin...one of a sterns best...

#13 6 years ago

GoT

#14 6 years ago

TWD FTW!

#15 6 years ago

It's a tough call. Both great pins. GOT has pretty cool rules. But you really need to scratch at them for a while to get the strategy down. Once you understand them, it can really shine. TWD is just different. The layout, and (on the pro) sweeping ramps that if you miss, you're hamburger. I've heard the tilt warning sound on TWD more than any other game. You are always fighting the game. And the rules fit this nasty fight very well.

Both are quite unique, but I'll lean just a bit towards TWD.

#17 6 years ago

twd (resized).pngtwd (resized).png

#18 6 years ago

TWD for sure - I want to purchase one so much. I've played both versions of GOT, it's ok, that's about it. GOT Pro is super smooth, I'll give it that. I really hate the art on the GOT playfield.

#19 6 years ago

Twd by a fair amount especially if talking about the pro.

#20 6 years ago

TWD

I enjoy it's gameplay, visual appeal, and audio more. GoT leaves me sort of cold - probably in part due to its somewhat confusing ruleset. I strongly dislike the dots on GOT also.

#21 6 years ago
    #23 6 years ago

twd, got and GB are the best sterns made in a while. they earn well to. as far as which to buy between got and TWD, if its for your house its up to you. both are great choices. cant go wrong with either IMO.

#24 6 years ago

TWDLE or premium by light years! The rules are amazing and the gameplay is brutal! But if you don't mind a long player then GOT (which I'm not a fan of in the home environment) is for you. But for me it's seriously a non contest with TWDLE/Prem winning 100/100 times

#25 6 years ago

TWD Pro for me.
    But TWD is more difficult than GoT: depends who plays the game in your house (TWD can be frustrating!).

#26 6 years ago

TWD all day

#27 6 years ago

Wow...what a tough call.

Do you have a preference for Borg or Ritchie games?

Which theme do you prefer?

#28 6 years ago

TWD
    -Mike

#29 6 years ago

twd. no brainer.

#30 6 years ago

Both are excellent games. TWD will probably go into the archives soon, so I'd pick up one while you can. GoT will be available for a while yet. Premium all the way on both of them

10 months later
    #31 6 years ago

I had game of throne limited edition for a year ... very good machine, now I have twd pro ... even if it's a professional and it seems that got a lot of strategy ... twd has a code for my complex taste and much more developed .... if I had to choose one I would definitely be twd ... even if it's a professional ...much more difficult and rewarding

IMG_20180407_125415 (resized).jpgIMG_20180407_125415 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-or-got-choice-if-buying-nib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.