29%
  • The Walking Dead Premium 30 votes
    71%

(42 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

#1 7 years ago

Considering TWD premium or GB premium, what is your advice on the two?

#2 7 years ago

TWD Premium is as good as it gets - known commodity.
GB Premium looks like it also may be as good as it gets - slightly unknown commodity - a bit more risk.

Both are excellent choices IMO

#3 7 years ago

I love TWD so much. We go for long walks down by the beach. Hold each other tightly and eventually we make sweet...sweet love.

#4 7 years ago

Note to self:. Never buy a "home use only" TWD premium from dmbjunky

On topic... I don't think you can go wrong with TWD

#5 7 years ago

TWD premium. The game is a total rush like nothing I have ever owned.

I like GB premium, but feel like it is a notch below -- despite having better art.

TWD I like the shots, layout, rules, and lighting better. Just a better player overall in my view.

Disclaimer: I am not a GB fanboy, so if you are take that into account. I enjoyed the movie back in the day...but it is not in my pantheon of favorites or anything.

#6 7 years ago

Setzkor, did you regret your purchase of a pro and are now seeking a premium?

#7 7 years ago

TWD - didn't like it at first but it's the table i play the most at my buddy's right now.

GB - loved the movie back in the day but the game pisses me off with cheap drains but I'm not a great pinball player.

Both are tough pins but TWD, I still have fun playing but GB's fun factor is short lived by it's frustration. Just my 2cents.
But I urge you to try both out cuz my cup of tea may not be same as yours.

#8 7 years ago

If theme does not sway you one way or the other get TWD you probably have a couple months before you could get a GB Prem anyways. Pay a fair price for TWD pre and you should be able to swap the two out at little to no cost

#9 7 years ago

Theme vs theme I'd have to keep it real and give it up for TWD, everybody knows there's no such thing as ghosts.

#10 7 years ago

TWD now and GB in a year.

#11 7 years ago

Well TWD has Lyman Sheats so there's that

#12 7 years ago

Depends what you want from your game.

Family game, young kids, GB.
Like/Love TWD show, along with others that are playing, TWD.

Complete game, fast and furious, dark, unique and intense.
A Pinheads challenge for sure, TWD.

Fun games, as the code develops, upbeat, still fast, and crazy in a premium/LE.

Value wise, TWD seeing more FS, is a better buy to get now, if money is a factor to be weighed.

just played both.....Zombies vs Ghosts...Pretty Cool...

#13 7 years ago

So far my observations of the games are:

Ghostbusters
- Better art
- Better Music
- Better toys

The Walking Dead
- Better dots
- Better code
- Better lighting

I like both themes and there is no denying how beautiful ghostbusters looks. I'm a little worried about the code on GB being not as good as TWD, especially for lastability. Lynman does such an amazing job...

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Setzkor, did you regret your purchase of a pro and are now seeking a premium?

No... Love my pro. Haven't put enough time on a premium to know if I would want upgrade in the future.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

So far my observations of the games are:
Ghostbusters
- Better art
- Better Music
- Better toys
The Walking Dead
- Better dots
- Better code
- Better lighting
I like both themes and there is no denying how beautiful ghostbusters looks. I'm a little worried about the code on GB being not as good as TWD, especially for lastability. Lynman does such an amazing job...

I think all your points are pretty good but I will say the music in TWD is really good. That theme song gets me pumped.

#16 7 years ago

Twd premium is awesome and the code is one the best ever imo. Zombie theme /horror is a plus as there aren't many good pins with dark theme . There's so many modified codes with the music and sounds that isnt a issue at all for this pin. The lightshow and mini wizard modes are amazing as are the dots. Gb looks nice and has awesome potential to be one of sterns best but i wld wait as it will b available for a long time

#17 7 years ago

This isn't an easy decision. I own both TWD Premium and a GBLE. They are each extremely fun games which offer great flow and engaging gameplay.
The theme hits the mark for both. As others have pointed out, the code is much more developed on TWD; but the rules are sure to be updated on GB as well.

IMO, GB has the better art, a wider variety of music and a few more toys. Personally, I feel the magna slings and Ecto goggles also add to the overall experience.

TWD premium as it stands now, really gets your blood pumping- the rules are really well implemented and it utulizes lighting and music very effectively. Killing Zombies is a blast!

Both of these pins can be very challenging and short ball times are not uncommon. GB can be particularly punitive when innacurate; but ah so satisfying & rewarding when successfully hitting the intended shot.

I think these are two of Stern's best releases and you'll be very happy with either or both.

#18 7 years ago

Get TWD now before the production on it ends later this year. You'll be able to guy a GB for another 2.5 years.

#19 7 years ago

TWD is hands down the better game right now. I didn't like it at first, but the code updates really brought it together.

It's possible GB may get better with updates, but right now it just doesn't feel fun to me.

#20 7 years ago

TWD now and GB later, or both. I have TWDLE and GBLE and it's super early with GB, but it's the most fun I've had with a new game and I brought my first pin home in 2003. I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I think it's a special game. It checks of all the boxes for me, the code is awesome as is, and will only get better. I think it has the potential to be my favorite game I've ever owned...but only time will tell.

TWD is one of the best games ever in my opinion...the code is a masterpiece and the layout is unique.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

TWD is hands down the better game right now. I didn't like it at first, but the code updates really brought it together.
It's possible GB may get better with updates, but right now it just doesn't feel fun to me.

Only thing that im worried about is apparently g.o.t and gb code is basically finished minus some bug fixes and scoring.. I definitely dont think it will get the love / lyman touch that met and twd have seen . Just wish acdc wld get the same love ...

#22 7 years ago

Both great but make sure you check out GB rules are they are much more linear than TWD.

FWIW TWD premium is my favorite Stern I have ever played.

#23 7 years ago

TWD hands down!

#24 7 years ago

Had the same debate.... TWD premium. One of the best game I have ever played

#25 7 years ago

I only played the GB pro at the show and own TWD LE. I would have to say TWD is definitely a better game and the thing that the guys that get their a** kicked on it hate it because it is hard yeah, the outlanes are brutal, but so what ... makes a challenging game. Love the theme, big walking dead fan, and really like the layout of the game as it is unique. I may get a GB premium down the road, but having played the pro it just doesn't scream at me as I must own it.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Only thing that im worried about is apparently g.o.t and gb code is basically finished minus some bug fixes and scoring.. I definitely dont think it will get the love / lyman touch that met and twd have seen . Just wish acdc wld get the same love ...

I'm worried about it too. But maybe we will start getting complete games when they ship, minus fixes, and it is what it is. I find that better than completely roadblocked code that takes a year to come around.

As a GOT owner, it does still need updates. It really needs some call outs in spots to improve it, along with some variety to the "house" calls. And I'd like some improvement in HotK and Iron Throne. However I'm happy with the overall rule set (minus bugs). It is one of their games that will never be labeled "Where's the code" because it shipped with the real structure of it. We just need to reset our expectations.

#27 7 years ago

They both are great games but I'm going with TWD

#28 7 years ago

Start a poll. TWD for me.

#29 7 years ago

Not even fair. Dead is a much better game, especially the premium. Much more satisfying when you have a great game - on GB you just feel like you got lucky.

#30 7 years ago

TWD hands down. At least until GB code is complete and can be reevaluated and compared to TWD.

#31 7 years ago

Same decision here. I was all in on GB, but I'll probably wait. TWD Premium for me this fall.

#32 7 years ago

I used my GB money to buy TWD Premium. Too good to pass up with the completed code.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I love TWD so much. We go for long walks down by the beach. Hold each other tightly and eventually we make sweet...sweet love.

Do you hold its hair back when it pukes?

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Do you hold its hair back when it pukes?

#35 7 years ago

I used my GB money to buy TWD pro. Absolutely hate the theme and originally avoided the game because of the zombie crap. One of our barcade had freeplay Sun so there was nothing to lose. I couldn't leave the game for hours. I went back multiple times and eventually pulled the trigger to buy it when GB started to lose some luster. It is the only game I play now.

Can't say about GB, will play at NYNY when I'm in Vegas next month. The experience of enjoying a finished game two (TWD and ST? Both PROs) of my last three purchases has really reinforced the need to wait it out. The one I took a chance on was KISS based on theme. Right now if GB doesn't shake out move on to Star Wars and Iron Maiden.

#36 7 years ago

TWD. Close thread. Check out where GB is in a year.

#37 7 years ago

The thing is, I only have room for 3 pins and I already have Metallica which isn't going anywhere. I'm a big Star Wars fan (who isn't) so unless they screw that up, that'll probably be another game I own.

#38 7 years ago

Just got gble No 444 and owned a twd pro for a year.

I suck at pinball but i still think twd is easier than gb.

After about 20 games it can be rewarding but definitely more frustrating than twd. My gble wont leave the house any time soon but Upon selling my twd ive always vowed to get another pro or premium of the game.

Just a thought for the op... have you considered GoT? All versions of that game are killer.

#39 7 years ago

I've played a Game of Thrones and I'm a fan of the show, but for some reason, I'm not a huge fan of the game. Perhaps because I don't completely understand the rules, but I'm also not a big fan of how much the upper playfield covers a lot of the other shots. I'm just more interested in the other two games.

#40 7 years ago

GB all the way. TWD ain't no slouch, but buy the GB. GB is special....

#41 7 years ago

I couldn't decide so I went with both!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#42 7 years ago

Theme would play a big part in this decision for me. As would the other tables in your collection. Based on the games in your favourite list and the fact you on Mettalica, I would go GB. You already have the Lyman + Borg combo so the TWD code won't be missed as much. Personally I would say a GB MET combo is a perfect mix. One game for deep code longer balls, lymans master touch, Borgs great layout. GB will offer you excellent theme intergration, great art, packed playfield and a really different playing experience with wider flipper gap and unique layout. Play both as much as you can its a big purchase. As many have already said the only thing to consider is how much longer TWD will be available NIB

3 weeks later
#43 7 years ago

T. W. D.

4 weeks later
#44 7 years ago

Just got GBLE #261 and have TWDLE.......

Both great and different games; really compliment each other

cant wait for color DMD!!

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Both great and different games; really compliment each other

This is really interesting, and I'm glad to hear this. But can you further expand on the differences? They seem more similar to me (brutal drains, 2 flippers, modes, great theme music). I have a GB pro, and a strong interest in adding a TWD pro- but not sure if they are too similar.

#46 7 years ago

Even though I can't stop playing GB right now, I still find time for some TWD and its still good almost 2 yrs later. I just feel like its more than just pinball when I play TWD....kind of an adventure to get through it. I have to give the slight nod to TWD over GB

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-or-gb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.