Linked Games

Topic poll

“TWD or Deadpool (Pro Versions)”

• Deadpool Pro 50 votes
    48%
  • The Walking Dead Pro 55 votes
    52%

(105 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 12 months ago

Walking Dead is probably the "better" game for the "serious" player. Very intense, very brutal, very deep. Probably the most adrenaline filled wizard mode ever (Horde). Layout is unique and good, but most shots end up in the pop bumpers slowing down flow. Very heavy focus (modes AND bloodbath) on the drop targets which are difficult, dangerous, and not terribly satisfying to hit. Can be super frustrating 95% of the time, but extremely satisfying when you get it rocking. Will be both your most hated game and your most loved game in the course of any given day. Lighting it on fire crossed my mind often when I owned it. Finally sold it when I got sick of it's crap, but now wish I had it back.

Deadpool is the more FUN game. Light hearted...lots of humor. Much better art. Not as deep, but still plenty to do for all skill levels. Clever rules with great animations, especially if you are an old-school video game lover. Unique layout with one of the best ramp/lock shots ever, though it is not a gimme shot. Will bring a big stupid smile to your face every time you play, whether you have a good game or not. Recent code updated have taken it from good to great, and they aren't done yet.

I'd go Deadpool, especially when considering the family, but even if just for myself. TWD is also a great game though. Can't lose with either. Since you are replacing Funhouse, a game the family likes, I would say Deadpool is closer in thematic "feel" (lighthearted, humor, heavy on character, getting poked fun at, etc) than TWD would be.

Hit 'em with the BOOM!

#19 12 months ago
Quoted from Tahitiansea:

Thanks for the great advice and I appreciate all the feedback. I'm curious to see what JJP has planned for April 12th and there seems to be a lot of good games on the horizon. For anyone that has owned DP recently, is there enough to keep a decent pinballer busy with the new code. I also have family get togethers around the holidays and the pins get pretty much non-stop use. I suspect DP would be more approachable and enjoyable in the long run for the casual player. I would love to pick based solely on my tastes but the family plays a lot of pinball too and I just bought IM for me a few months ago.
Lol, the poll is split 51 to 49 in favor of TWD.

Deadpool has deceptive depth. Doesn't seem like a ton at first, but there is so much side stuff going on (that stacks logically now) that it doesn't seem shallow at all. And I still haven't hit Mr Sinister, so it's not like you can just breeze through everything. Lots of ways to tackle it too, which keeps it fresh. Can pick from any of the three battles, or go for the two quests first. TWD is deeper, but DP is definitely no slouch with really fun and diverse goals to keep you occupied.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
South Bend, IN
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 14.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside