Topic poll

“TWD or Deadpool (Pro Versions)”

• Deadpool Pro 50 votes
    46%
  • The Walking Dead Pro 58 votes
    54%

(108 votes)

#1 5 years ago

I’m having a really hard time deciding if I want to get TWD Pro or Deadpool Pro. Dollar wise they are in the same ballpark. I own Iron Maiden, TZ, and Addams Family and am in the process of trying to sell Funhouse which the new pin will be replacing. My family really likes Funhouse but I have had my mind set on TWD for a while. I played a bunch of games on DP a few days ago and really enjoyed it and it got me thinking it may be a better choice for the family / more fun than TWD. I like playing modes but feel TWD may not have the fun factor for the family like Funhouse did. Anyone care to share their thoughts? Any advice is appreciated.

#2 5 years ago

I’ve got a Deadpool pro, it’s a really fun pin. I’d consider selling or trading if you’re interested.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Tahitiansea:

I have had my mind set on TWD for a while

Quoted from Tahitiansea:

I like playing modes but feel TWD may not have the fun factor for the family like Funhouse did

Either would be a solid choice. I think DP is more fun, but what you think counts. Modes are easier to start on DP, and it's more forgiving. If you get on a roll, ball times can get pretty long, and multiballs are pretty easy to get to. TWD can be harsh. Set up is critical for both.

#4 5 years ago

I like Twd better myself but if I was thinking about what the family would like I’d have to go dp.

#5 5 years ago

Both are fun games but I think TWD is the better game but your family might like deadpool more as it's more colorful and has a LCD.

#6 5 years ago

If you're going for a pin the family can play and ENJOY go with Deadpool. If they're not really good at pinball and you want to piss them off, go with TWD. Walking Dead can just be 10 brutal games before 1 where everything all comes together. The animations on the LCD are more entertaining for a family pin.

#7 5 years ago

for family go with deadpool all day long. Walking dead is super fun for those who like challenging shots, good code and lots of patience. Not a lot happens by randomness on TWD. You must shoot the stand up to make it to one of the best mini wizard modes. Its a tough game, have to nudge and have to make your shots. TWD theme might or might not be family friendly.

#8 5 years ago

My 5 year old daughter loves our TWD Pro. I've ended up buying pins that I think I'll enjoy longterm. Everytime I buy one to cater to the family it never lasts. My family's three keepers so far are IMDN, TWD, and AFM, never would've expected IMDN and TWD to be big hits with them but they're bolted.

#9 5 years ago

Yes that’s interesting, as far as I’m concerned TWD pro is one of the most brutal pins on earth lol

#10 5 years ago

TWD is “intense”. DP is fun.

I would say DP for family and yourself.

#11 5 years ago

I’m leaning towards DP but the poll is 54% TWD, 44% DP. This one is gonna be a tough call.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Tahitiansea:

I’m leaning towards DP but the poll is 54% TWD, 44% DP. This one is gonna be a tough call.

Not sure if you are a NIB guy or like hunting for a HUO, but if you are a HUO guy then buy which ever one shows up locally first.

I kinda think TWD is like watching your team play the last quarter of a tight, meaningfull game. It is fun to watch but intense. You wanna watch, but you don’t because you might get burned and annoyed. But you will be back.

DP is more fun. Hey let’s do battles. Did that call out say “get off your phone and play?!” Hey Disco! Lets just have a good time.

Good to have a mix of these games in the lineup in my opinion.

#13 5 years ago

Pro versions = TWD
Prem versions = DP

#14 5 years ago

TWD for the win!

Deadpool is a fun game but I think the premium is the way to go with that game.

#15 5 years ago

Both awesome game i am a Prem/Le guy and would go with Twd Prem but on Deadpool i would go Pro i played both and not much of a change + i like the Pro art way more ( my taste ) but they all look nice .

Code on both are awesome , i am a Lyman fan but Klyce did a Super job on deadpool , i am still waiting a few weeks to see what comes out before pulling the trigger on Dp , Good times for pinball choices these days

Go with what you like better , watch videos of the game sound and gameplay , look up thr rules on Tilt.
Taste are very different for everyone.

GL

#16 5 years ago

Walking Dead is probably the "better" game for the "serious" player. Very intense, very brutal, very deep. Probably the most adrenaline filled wizard mode ever (Horde). Layout is unique and good, but most shots end up in the pop bumpers slowing down flow. Very heavy focus (modes AND bloodbath) on the drop targets which are difficult, dangerous, and not terribly satisfying to hit. Can be super frustrating 95% of the time, but extremely satisfying when you get it rocking. Will be both your most hated game and your most loved game in the course of any given day. Lighting it on fire crossed my mind often when I owned it. Finally sold it when I got sick of it's crap, but now wish I had it back.

Deadpool is the more FUN game. Light hearted...lots of humor. Much better art. Not as deep, but still plenty to do for all skill levels. Clever rules with great animations, especially if you are an old-school video game lover. Unique layout with one of the best ramp/lock shots ever, though it is not a gimme shot. Will bring a big stupid smile to your face every time you play, whether you have a good game or not. Recent code updated have taken it from good to great, and they aren't done yet.

I'd go Deadpool, especially when considering the family, but even if just for myself. TWD is also a great game though. Can't lose with either. Since you are replacing Funhouse, a game the family likes, I would say Deadpool is closer in thematic "feel" (lighthearted, humor, heavy on character, getting poked fun at, etc) than TWD would be.

Hit 'em with the BOOM!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Walking Dead is probably the "better" game for the "serious" player. Very intense, very brutal, very deep. Probably the most adrenaline filled wizard mode ever (Horde). Layout is unique and good, but most shots end up in the pop bumpers slowing down flow. Very heavy focus (modes AND bloodbath) on the drop targets which are difficult, dangerous, and not terribly satisfying to hit. Can be super frustrating 95% of the time, but extremely satisfying when you get it rocking. Will be both your most hated game and your most loved game in the course of any given day. Lighting it on fire crossed my mind often when I owned it. Finally sold it when I got sick of it's crap, but now wish I had it back.
Deadpool is the more FUN game. Light hearted...lots of humor. Much better art. Not as deep, but still plenty to do for all skill levels. Clever rules with great animations, especially if you are an old-school video game lover. Unique layout with one of the best ramp/lock shots ever, though it is not a gimme shot. Will bring a big stupid smile to your face every time you play, whether you have a good game or not. Recent code updated have taken it from good to great, and they aren't done yet.
I'd go Deadpool, especially when considering the family, but even if just for myself. TWD is also a great game though. Can't lose with either. Since you are replacing Funhouse, a game the family likes, I would say Deadpool is closer in thematic "feel" (lighthearted, humor, heavy on character, getting poked fun at, etc) than TWD would be.
Hit 'em with the BOOM!

It's really hard to argue with this assessment, especially of TWD. Many people like Deadpool, but I didn't much care for it. That being said, my family hates TWD as it's way to hard for them (and frankly myself as well). I would pick DP for what you are looking for.

#18 5 years ago

Thanks for the great advice and I appreciate all the feedback. I'm curious to see what JJP has planned for April 12th and there seems to be a lot of good games on the horizon. For anyone that has owned DP recently, is there enough to keep a decent pinballer busy with the new code. I also have family get togethers around the holidays and the pins get pretty much non-stop use. I suspect DP would be more approachable and enjoyable in the long run for the casual player. I would love to pick based solely on my tastes but the family plays a lot of pinball too and I just bought IM for me a few months ago.

Lol, the poll is split 51 to 49 in favor of TWD.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Tahitiansea:

Thanks for the great advice and I appreciate all the feedback. I'm curious to see what JJP has planned for April 12th and there seems to be a lot of good games on the horizon. For anyone that has owned DP recently, is there enough to keep a decent pinballer busy with the new code. I also have family get togethers around the holidays and the pins get pretty much non-stop use. I suspect DP would be more approachable and enjoyable in the long run for the casual player. I would love to pick based solely on my tastes but the family plays a lot of pinball too and I just bought IM for me a few months ago.
Lol, the poll is split 51 to 49 in favor of TWD.

Deadpool has deceptive depth. Doesn't seem like a ton at first, but there is so much side stuff going on (that stacks logically now) that it doesn't seem shallow at all. And I still haven't hit Mr Sinister, so it's not like you can just breeze through everything. Lots of ways to tackle it too, which keeps it fresh. Can pick from any of the three battles, or go for the two quests first. TWD is deeper, but DP is definitely no slouch with really fun and diverse goals to keep you occupied.

#20 5 years ago

I've played both. Regularly. Been playing pinball a while..by no means a great player but not horrible. TWD was made by Satan himself. Deadpool all day long. Plus for a family, as others have mentioned it's brighter, more colorful, has more "stuff" and just is overall a more fun, easier shooting easier scoring game.

#21 5 years ago

I laughed out loud at "TWD was made by Satan himself" but I know you are only half joking. I've had some decent games on it but have lost way to many balls from the prison magnet and ramp rejects. I typically only play a few games on TWD as it eats quarters on location. Thought I might be able to get past that in a home setting though I suspect it is no less frustrating.

#22 5 years ago

I swear my TWD has a vacuum attached to the outlanes. Brutal ass game but fun at the same time.

#23 5 years ago

Wow tough choice
I love TWD because it's brutal and deep, but I wouldn't say it's a family/beginners game.
DP has easier rules and even the bad games on it will be fun, might be the better choice for a family.

So my vote is for DP on this one
Good luck with the choice!

#24 5 years ago

That's a tough decision, one that I am currently wrestling with as well. I'm deciding on my second pin and these two are at the top of my list at the moment. I go back and forth, I guess that's why I don't have a second pin as of yet! I like the challenge of TWD, it's a game that feels like it is fighting you, and when you have a good game on it you feel like you've accomplished something special. It can also be insanely frustrating for lesser skilled players. Deadpool is flat out fun. I know a lot of people were disappointed that this wasn't the adult themed DP from the Ryan Reynolds movies, but I think the humor in the game is still true to the character, and the art package is amazing. The modes and quests are fun and unique, and getting the team ups before mode start can really boost scoring. I like that once you play the Sauron mode the next time you play a new villain it actually is different and a little more difficult than the first time. The various multiballs are great (Mechsuit multiball is a blast!), and scoring modes like Katanarama and Berserker are cool too. In the end, for your poll I voted Deadpool, although I think that the overall better game is TWD. I think it fits in better for a family environment, not only because of the theme, but the game is a little more approachable for people of various skill sets

#25 5 years ago

I've had TWD IN THE LINE UP FOR AWHILE, NEXT TO MET PRO, DI LE AND MM. I GRAVITATE TOWARDS TWD FIRST AND MOST AND THATS AFTER A FEW YEARS. THATS SAYING ALOT. IT'S UGLY AND THEME MEANS NOTHING TO ME BUT A GREAT GAME IS A GREAT GAME. NEVER PLAYED THE OTHER GAME SO CANT COMMENT ON THAT.

#26 5 years ago

Deadpool is up to 52% of the votes in about 80 votes total. Very close one. Really appreciating all the feedback and advice.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from smognote:

I've had TWD IN THE LINE UP FOR AWHILE, NEXT TO MET PRO, DI LE AND MM. I GRAVITATE TOWARDS TWD FIRST AND MOST AND THATS AFTER A FEW YEARS. THATS SAYING ALOT. IT'S UGLY AND THEME MEANS NOTHING TO ME BUT A GREAT GAME IS A GREAT GAME. NEVER PLAYED THE OTHER GAME SO CANT COMMENT ON THAT.

He’s clearly very passionate about his opinion.

#28 5 years ago

Have not played DP that said can't go wrong with TWD

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-or-deadpool-pro-versions?hl=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.