New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 187817)

TWD or AFMr

By jrawlinson_2000

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dzoomer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TWD Premium vs AFMr (SE)”

• TWD 45 votes
    49%
  • AFMr 42 votes
    46%
  • Sod it, get an Alien! 5 votes
    5%

(92 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Interesting why do you say this?
So I should get the Pro?

I have the pro. I have played the premium and didn't like the left ramp or the crossbow. There is at least one Pinsider who owned the premium/LE and swapped for the pro. Can't find the posts he's explained why. Eskaybee has reasons why he thinks the pro is better (or equal) and he used to own the premium.

IMO the pro (should/does) flow better. No bash toy under the left ramp, no Crossbow, some people don't like the extra magnet in front of the Well Walker.

Just because something is *extra* or added doesn't mean it's better, people say they don't like the Scolari brothers on GB premium and the moving ramp on XMLE was meh at best.

Most people who own the LE/premium will say it's better because what else will they say? People who bought the LE would rather have a vasectomy without local anesthesia than to say the pro is better.

The LE does have the best cab art package and the GI lighting effects and the spinners are great.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Tell me about the playing difference in between your Star Trek Premium vs a ST Pro. Oh wait, I know your answer, because what else would you say?

no playing difference between ST and STLE it's all aesthetics. STLE is like a pro with $$$ of aesthetic mods (notably lighting which you can't add to the pro such as the laser and the insert lights).

I have Tron pro, it looks 10x better with Eli lighted ramps and Arcade mod. Not any debate about that, it looks better with ramp lights and better arcade those are $600 aesthetics.

STLE has color changing inserts (like 40 of them) and has the lighted etched side rails and the metal speaker panel and mirrored backglass and the laser and lighted metal apron, ramp light and, and and.

All aesthetics. I said that TWD LE has the best cabinet art and LE/premium has better lighting.

STLE/Premium does not have any negative aspects beside price. I could take or leave the out lane kick back. I prefer the up-kicker on the left saucer and I think that's actually a positive but not like I'd buy it just for that, but the light show and better trim are nice for me and everyone that comes over says STLE is my best looking pin.

I've played TWD premium several times and didn't feel as smooth to me. I never got to play the premium too much that I got used to having the Walker bombs, so while they are probably nice, I have not got the feel to ever miss them.

Maybe if I owned a premium, I would not downgrade to the pro if I was already used to the walker bombs.

I prefer the pro but the premium/LE is just as good especially if you like the crossbow and moving ramp (I don't).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
New Bern, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside