Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by NPO
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I searched and couldn't find any results. Can community please chime in and teach me what they are?

How to start them? How long they last? Multiply them? Yellow light? Sometimes hammer, sometimes sword?

#2 8 years ago

In short, when you complete an objective in the game you'll get a multi-kill which is the yellow insert you see. Anytime you make the yellow insert shot, it'll randomly move to a new shot. In addition, when you get a multi-kill; the type of multi-kill is represented by a flashing weapon insert. Which weapon is chosen to represent the multi-kill is still unknown to me. Im also unsure how the base value of a multi-kill is determined, But the more multi-kills you get during one ball the bigger the value the yellow multi-kill insert is worth.

Once your ball has ended, the weapon inserts will light solid representing that the multi-kill is over. Get all weapons lit (flashing or solid) and hit woodbury for some fun!

Hope this helps. Reading material for your pleasure:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-last-man-standing-conquered

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-wow

#3 8 years ago

I am wondering this a bit too. Overhead through most all of those threads and watched some tutorial videos, but some of the MK starts are a mystery to me.

For example, yesterday I had BBMB and WWMB stacked with Riot. By the end of it I had 5 flashing weapons going. I'm not quite sure what all the objectives are, also, I'm not sure how the weapons "stack". Does it just add value to the base jackpots? I isn't notice multiple yellow lights at the same time, so I figure getting more objectives complete, doesn't light more MK lights.

I was very surprised I completed 5 things from those 2 MBs and 1 mode. I figure maybe BG worked into that? Where else can they come from?

This aspect is one of the foggiest parts of the rules for me still at this point.

#4 8 years ago

Yea. Only 1 flashing light and the MKs accumulate the jackpot value to it.

You can earn MKs for the following:
During Each of the 5 modes
Completing bicycle girl
Completing the bank of drop targets a certain # of times (6?)
Lighting the xbow a certain # of times (need to confirm)
And you might be able to get them for Super jps in the 2 main mb modes also? (Unconfirmed)

#5 8 years ago

MK values are 5% of all your mode scores throughout the game. So if you've had a 50m Barn and a 50m Arena, your MK value would be 5m. These can be doubled,etc with inlane x and playfield 2x.

In the latest software, you also get credit for 2 walker kills when you hit a MK shot that is lit for a walker kill.

#6 8 years ago

These are all excellent details and exactly what I was looking for... Thanks for the insight!!

And now, for a slight derail... can someone explain how BG scoring / mode works?
I see it counts down from 1.5 mil and you hit her in the face (Prem/LE). But one time I started it and hit her for 7.5M. This confirmed that I have no idea how it works and not sure what I did. Thoughts?

#7 8 years ago

You made the shot with an inlane multiplier

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

You made the shot with an inlane multiplier

But wouldn't the inlane Multi just make it x2 to 3M or even if 2x playfield was going, 6M?

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You can earn MKs for the following:
During Each of the 5 modes
Completing bicycle girl
Completing the bank of drop targets a certain # of times (6?)
Lighting the xbow a certain # of times (need to confirm)
And you might be able to get them for Super jps in the 2 main mb modes also? (Unconfirmed)

I could be wrong, but I think you can also earn a multi kill for completing the fishtank a certain number of times.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from McSirTuna:

But wouldn't the inlane Multi just make it x2 to 3M or even if 2x playfield was going, 6M?

Not if there were more than 2 walker kills saved up in the inlane X. Not sure there is even a limit to that multiplier.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from McSirTuna:

No, inlane multipliers continue to stack, indefinitely as far as I know. you get 1x for every two walkers killed. So if you've killed ten walkers since you last used your multiplier, the shot is at 6x.

Also
http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122/

#12 8 years ago

Now that multikills actually kill more walkers, I'm guessing we are going to start seeing some insane inlane multipliers. Think about it. Just four successfully made multikill shots gives you a 5x multiplier.

#13 8 years ago

thanks for the feedback and links guys.

basically you end up with multiple high stakes risk reward multiplied shots during a good game. and a lot of them fast-paced decisions during a multi-ball ...

hence the love for the new code.

#14 8 years ago

Pdxmonkey just told me he made a 180mil point shot last night with 5x multiplier and riot going and 2x playfield. Crazy.

#15 8 years ago

And, this is why it's the best code they've produced since ACDC.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Pdxmonkey just told me he made a 180mil point shot last night with 5x multiplier and riot going and 2x playfield. Crazy.

I had an opportunity just like this last night ..... Started Riot. Nailed it a few times. Started 2x playfield. Nailed Riot a couple more times. Shot the left ramp. Rolled over the lit inlane multiplier. Bricked the shot.

#17 8 years ago

Basically these give you multi-kills (taken from TILT forum):

Three Barn shots during Barn mode.
Three CDC ramps during CDC mode.
Completing CDC mode.
Three Riot shots during Riot mode.
Two Tunnel shots during Tunnel mode.
Completing Tunnel mode.
Two Arena ramps during Arena mode.
Completing Arena mode.
Completing the Bicycle Girl hurryup.
Clearing the drop target bank 10 times.
Clearing the drop target bank three times during Blood Bath.
Scoring three jackpots during Well Walker multiball.
Scoring four jackpots during Prison multiball.
Completing three crossbow shots.
Collecting the Start Multi-Kill award.
Completing three fish tanks.
Completing two Woodbury skill shots.
Making 10 combos.

Do 6 of these in one game and HORDE will be lit (started at the Woodbury shot)

Making lit multi-kill shots (yellow circle insert) give 5% of your mode scores on that ball and also score 2 walker kills (as of 1.56 code update). I cannot underestimate the importance of multi-kills in the game now and yet another reason why it is so awesome and that Lyman is king!

#18 8 years ago

Seems like I heard Josh Sharpe say it was 5% of all mode scores played throughout the game, not just per ball. Can anyone confirm this?

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Seems like I heard Josh Sharpe say it was 5% of all mode scores played throughout the game, not just per ball. Can anyone confirm this?

It's per game, and definitely carries over. Getting the multi-kills relit after a good ball can be worth a lot more than multiball.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

It's per game, and definitely carries over. Getting the multi-kills relit after a good ball can be worth a lot more than multiball.

Multiball also adds to multikill value so don't ignore it! If you can manage an inlane X coupled with 2x super jack on prison or well (Using a bomb makes this much easier) your MK values will skyrocket and in turn the Horde value.

#21 8 years ago

I have my settings harder (more shots needed in the modes): otherwise Horde is too easy.

#22 8 years ago

I have my settings harder (more shots needed in the modes): otherwise Horde is too easy.

Yeah sure make it even harder...why not

Reached horde only twice in over 500 games, and that was just lucky!

4 weeks later
#23 8 years ago

So many rules ...so confusing

#24 8 years ago

Damn hard I say, lucky to light up 2/3 weapon inserts

#25 8 years ago

This might be important if horde was the wizard mode of the game but there are tons of other things to do. I think you should get to horde frequently.

#26 8 years ago

Actually I prefer Horde to be more difficult for another reason.
I have my game on 3 balls, and mostly get 1 xtra ball, rarely two xtras.

With multikills on default, I reach Horde a lot.
Horde itself is designed now that I almost never get bit... I always end that mode because my last ball has drained. And I even have the advance walker at it's maximum. Bit gives you you're ball back (keep shooting), a drain doesn't..
This way I have less chance at Last Man Standing.

If Horde would be different in that matter, it would be different.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So many rules ...so confusing

there can be no doubt about that. maybe we are not good enough but it's very difficult to pick up what exactly is going on, especially if you're the one playing and trying to maintain ball control.

It's hard enough to figure out when you're watching another player. When I get mine in a few mos I fully plan to take the glass off and finger the switches and figure it all out.

#28 8 years ago

When I get mine in a few mos I fully plan to take the glass off and finger the switches and figure it all out.

Hehe I hear it works best right between the flippers. Be sure not to go in the outlane.

#29 8 years ago

Appreciating this thread. Can't wait to play some more tonight. Thanks!

#30 8 years ago

Wish I could play mine tonight, been waiting on mine to be made (pro)and shipped. Hopefully soon.

#31 8 years ago

Man, I am chomping at the bit to get home and play tonight. I hate how much I love this game, and I love how much I hate it everytime the ball rolls down an outlane.

#32 8 years ago

Played a pro on location yesterday for the first time in a month or so. After a few crappy games I put 224M on it. Got to Horde again. I heard a new sound throughout Horde. Pretty cool repeating sound almost like a heartbeat. First time I've heard that, must have been in the last code update.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Played a pro on location yesterday for the first time in a month or so. After a few crappy games I put 224M on it. Got to Horde again. I heard a new sound throughout Horde. Pretty cool repeating sound almost like a heartbeat. First time I've heard that, must have been in the last code update.

It is a heartbeat so to speak. It goes along with the music in the game. The flashers actually pulse with it in the Prem/LE version.

Start at 17:00. Thanks to Keith Elwin for a spectacular video!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-multikill-multi-kill-multi-kill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.