Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Leeb18509
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which Game would you buy?”

• TWD 30 votes
      43%
    • MET 18 votes
      26%
    • TNA 21 votes
      30%

(69 votes)

#1 6 years ago

So I currently own two pins (Rob Zombie & Fish Tales) and in the coming months I will be looking at changing the lineup a bit. I'll basically have to sell Fish Tales to fund the next pin. I'm sure many will advise to seel RZ but I actually like that pin. I've played both Met & TWD and I love both of them. If I buy either of those they will be the pro model. So I would be completely happy with either of those.

I've watched the forums and different streams of TNA and everyone seems to love it. I've yet to be able to get my hands on one but DAMN does this game look and sound AWESOME! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to expo or the pinball life open house to check it out either. I'll have to wait until someone within driving distance gets one to check it out.

So if you were in my shoes what direction would you lean and why?

#2 6 years ago

Owned MET Premium for 3 years. Great pin, but tired of it. Traded for TWD and it is incredible.

There's so much to do in TWD no game is the same. Always finding new stuff. You can drain 2 balls and then STILL have a great game.

TNA looks cool but for $6K, there are other options that deliver "more game." Still I'd like to have one, just not at that price point.

#3 6 years ago

If going Pro, I would vote Metallica as I think the Pro edges out the Premium slightly on gameplay. TWD is awesome too. I think these are 2 of the best Stern games in recent history. I would give the nod to Met for playfield layout, but TWD has some of the best code ever. Haven't played TnA, but in a 2 pin collection I would go for something with depth.

#4 6 years ago

I own TWD and MET and I love both games but I like walking dead more as I like the rules better, layout and I like the theme more but both are great games. I cannot comment on TNA as I have not played it yet.

#5 6 years ago

I'm honestly surprised TWD isn't rated higher. I really am confused.

I love the hell out of Metallica. It really does everything right. Walking Dead is also an awesome machine. I don't think you could go wrong with either of them. They're both so good.

#6 6 years ago

I've got both TWD Pro and MET Pro with a TNA on the way (also have a RZ). TWD Pro was my first pin and is my most-liked. I'm still honeymooning Metallica and I play it more than my other games at the moment but TWD is my favorite. You can't go wrong with either one but if I were in your shoes, I would pick TWD as Metallica games can take a bit to get ramped up and the music starts to get old. I haven't played TNA yet but I think in a 2 pin collection, it might get stale more quickly.

#7 6 years ago

I think you'll do well with any of those options. I have TWD with TNA on the way. I'm a glutton for punishment. Played TNA at MGC last year and it was the best out of all the pins there. Can't wait till mine is ready for pickup early 2018!

#9 6 years ago

TNA looks awesome but wonder if it would get old fast in a small collection. It looks awesome to play with friends but feel like it would get old fast playing it alone a lot.

I'm still trying to figure out why people love TWD so much. I never watched the show and don't think the game looks that attractive to begin with so that has something to do with it. Still, I'm slowly warming up to it as I play it more.

I didn't care for MET at first but the more I played it the more I loved it. I just had to get one even though not a big fan of band. Basic rules are easy to learn for beginners and there is plenty of more for experienced players to do. Game really feels complete and balanced. Gameplay can be tough but amazing when you get a lot of things going at once. Crank it up modes are fairly easy to get to and so much fun with all the risk/rewards. You just feel like a pinball wizard cashing in a huge cui bonus with double scoring.

#10 6 years ago

GhostThruster you currently own the lineup that I want. I want all the pins I spoke of but the Wife & money won't let that happen all at once.

#11 6 years ago

Sell RZ and FT, buy MET and TWD. You may like RZ but you'll like both even better.

#12 6 years ago

No one owns a TNA yet, but I think that it "feels" a lot like the Iron Man style games that just kick you in the face over and over. It's intense, and I really like it. If I wasn't so ridiculously out of space, I might look into adding one. As it is, depending on future price, I would love to do just that. I want the whitewood though, the art ones are cool, but I *LOVE* the look of the whitewood.

I enjoy TWD, but haven't played a ton on it. It hasn't "captured" me the way that other games have.

I have a Met Pro and love it.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

ghostthruster you currently own the lineup that I want. I want all the pins I spoke of but the Wife & money won't let that happen all at once.

You've got great taste Fish Tales is the one I'm going to go after next.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Sell RZ and FT, buy MET and TWD. You may like RZ but you'll like both even better.

Aggressive strategy. In the end I could hold off on TWD due to having two on location not far from my house. However I still want one in my basement to play whenever I get the itch.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from GhostThruster:

You've got great taste Fish Tales is the one I'm going to go after next.

Not a deep game but one that is certainly enjoyable.

#16 6 years ago

I think you would like any of the games you mentioned more than RZ. I would sell RZ and buy TWD, but that's only my opinion. TNA does look like a lot of fun, but at $6,000 I think TWD is a better deal. Plus, it leaves you with a little extra cash to pick up something in the $2,000-$3,000 range and bolster your collection. Good luck either way.

#17 6 years ago

I'm going to be working my best to get a met pro on location out here soon! You could do a side by side comparison

#18 6 years ago

I'm not in your position because I own 10 pins and TNA will be number 11.

I have not played TNA but as you say nothing bad has been reported, I mean everyone loves it. Plus I like to get something from Spooky and TNA is quite different than my other pins.

That said I have both Met pro and TWD pro and think that the pro is the way to go. Being said that you will like to have a color DMD on both so in many events they will cost $5K with color DMD, so not that much cheaper than TNA.

I say that I've never played TNA so can't help you there but to my collection and the way I'll often just want to play for 10 minutes I like that TNA is a short ball time pin.

I think Met is slightly better than TWD they are both great can't really pick one imo.

TWD totally shines in a home environment where you can adjust the sound and lighting and add mods and especially add the revised call out which imo make this pin shine.

TNA really has it on those other two others with the full color changing inserts and GI (?) as well as the custom music but probably could get repetitive in a small collection but as I said with me it'll be my 11th pin. Also I have so many regular pins like Tron, SM, IM, etc, and TNA is just so different.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm honestly surprised TWD isn't rated higher. I really am confused.

Because there was hate & it was rated poorly for awhile when it was first released. After Lyman's big code update it became one of the best pins ever, yet no one goes back to edit their ratings. Ratings are silly anyways.

You cannot go wrong with all three. Own MET, deposit down on TNA, wishlisted TWD for long time. They are all keepers IMO.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spagano314:

I think you would like any of the games you mentioned more than RZ. I would sell RZ and buy TWD, but that's only my opinion. TNA does look like a lot of fun, but at $6,000 I think TWD is a better deal. Plus, it leaves you with a little extra cash to pick up something in the $2,000-$3,000 range and bolster your collection. Good luck either way.

I wouldn't be so sure of that . I own both a Rob Zombie and a metallica . I enjoy Rob Zombie more than I do metallica.

#21 6 years ago

I have TWD and MET.

I would rate those 3:

1. TWD
    2. MET
    3. TNA

If I was looking for a multiplayer game, I would go with TNA. It's a lot of fun with a group.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Being said that you will like to have a color DMD on both so in many events they will cost $5K with color DMD, so not that much cheaper than TNA.

The Fish Tales has a color DMD right now and they are awesome. So when I sell it I will probably be removing to replace into a TWD or MET

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

I'm going to be working my best to get a met pro on location out here soon! You could do a side by side comparison

You are bringing in some awesome pins. Keep it up!

#24 6 years ago

TWD is #1 in my book. I'll never own one because my wife thinks it's ugly and I have 2 young kids. Killing zombies is a blast. We own a MET Pro and it is absolutely great! It's a well balanced game for beginners and more advanced players.

Played the whitewood TNA at MGC. It was a lot of fun but not sure yet that I'd own one. I like ramps and it has none.

#25 6 years ago

For the record, MET Pro is the first and only pin that has ever lasted past 6 months in our house. My wife forbids me from ever selling it. I've owned a lot of fun pins but they all get sold at some point because we get bored. So far MET is not boring, we play it almost daily still.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

The Fish Tales has a color DMD right now and they are awesome. So when I sell it I will probably be removing to replace into a TWD or MET

TWD colorDMD is absolutely awesome. And for the record I sold my MET to get TWD but I'd owned it for about 4 years. Both are great games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-met-tna?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.