1922333_1546277325590213_2002156588664316697_n.jpg
Rick-Coral #2.jpg
Rick-Coral.jpg
Handy.jpg
Wifi.jpg
TIMESHOCK.jpg
redneckzombies.jpg
walking dead cigar club Her.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Could you imagine ACDC with some cover band doing the songs?

Quoted from DaveH:

Now just think what that outrage would have been if all the songs in the game were by a lame cover band. This isn't even close to the same.

1) Didn't mean to imply anything about TWD voicework by linking an early thread about ACDC.

2) As far as it goes, I don't see random lines from the series being thrown out all the time being a major selling point for the machine, so it doesn't bother me. I do find the happy redneck callouts unsuitable for theme though, maybe they can tone them down. In a perfect world Andrew Lincoln would do custom voice work like he is leading you through the zombie attack, doing callouts specific to the pin. My guess is there are various reasons why this didn't happen.

Quoted from RGR:

Yeh this review will not be that harsh Paul... but yeah playing a pro with incomplete code... well....

Sorry RGR, didn't mean to specifically single you out, I just pulled the earliest ACDC impressions thread I could find. It was the responses to it in the thread that struck me, not so much your review.

I guess my point in linking the thread was to provide some perspective on the whole "worst game ever, so disappointed" being expressed by many people about the blurry video, early code stuff we have seen so far with TWD. Very similar in tone and content to the ACDC thread. Just reading that thread would lead you to believe it was going to be the biggest turd Stern ever shat out of its factory (insert obligatory Avengers joke here).

Perhaps TWD will end up being generally acclaimed like ACDC, or slammed like Avengers, who knows, but it is still early days.

#164 9 years ago

Great video, thanks RGR! Nice playing too. Glad to finally get a real look at the lighting effects and hearing the music and sound effects clearly. I didn't even find the hillbilly callouts as irritating because of the music.

As per usual, going to come down to code code code. I can only hope that the code on there is a very early release version and they have a much more improved ready to go out when the majority of Pros start shipping. Buying a machine and then sitting on the current code for six months is something I have no interest in.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The other issue of the ball always being in the pops didn't seem that way in these videos. Yes, the ball does stay in the pops longer than most Sterns when its in there, but it didn't seem to be annoying by any means.

I was looking for that too, and was pleasantly surprised. When the ball gets in the pops on my STLE it can hang around longer than what I was seeing in the video for TWD.

Glad to see the GI going completely dark at some points, fitting for the theme.

Not trying to hype the LE, but I think the lighting, the extra magnet at the well walker and the lifting ramp/bicycle girl bash are going to be cool additions to the machine. Still not sold on the crossbow though.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

exactly, if i buy ac dc it's also because i want to hear their music not hear them talk.
yeah let's buy a Metallica but the music is from twisted sisters

Understand your frustration, but we know nothing about the licensing restrictions from AMC. Maybe they weren't allowed to use any voices from the show. Maybe getting actors from the show to do custom voice work was not allowed either by AMC or by some exhorbitant cost. Dunno. Some intellectual properties are more locked down than others. It isn't like Stern never uses voice actors from the properties when they can.

That being said, a Walking Dead branded pinball machine is going to attract more players and buyers than a generic zombie themed pin ever would, and my guess is to the vast majority of people who plunk down quarters in locations could care less whose voice is doing the callouts as long as the game is fun.

2 weeks later
#435 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

To those that thumbed my comments down, I question at the time of this how many of YOU have actually played it

Don't know about anyone else, but I didn't thumbs down because you didn't like it, I thought that your original review provided absolutely no value.

Quoted from Atomicboy:

Just played this at Starburst in Toronto today.... it sucks balls. Nice drawn art, no question, but the play is the same boring ass lame stern play that so many sterns suffer from. Not all sterns, but the ones that suck have that same sort of blah feeling to the play.

Quoted from Atomicboy:

Borg's games just bore me, flat out.

You went in with a mindset that all of Borg's games bore you, "boring ass lame stern play", it is biased all over the place. It wasn't a review, it was just trollish garbage.

#440 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

It offered my opinion on whether I liked it or not. There is value there. If I loved it, and noted that, would you have also thumbed that down for the same reason?

Sorry, but I find no value in any sort of blanket statement. However if you would've just said "I didn't like it" then I wouldn't have thumbs downed. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. How someone expresses that opinion though matters, at least to me. I chose to express my opinion of your opinion by thumbs downing. Sorry if that bothered you.

Quoted from Atomicboy:

Many complain of this, many games do play the same, same type of modes, same two ramps, same bash toy/magnet combo. This isn't biased, that is fact. Some, and I noted that, step out of that, and are great, and I own those.
It was hardly trollish garbage. I played it, I wasn't really unimpressed, and that’s my opinion. The level of expectation for what they crank out should be going up. I was not impressed. Next, the rules are going to be the same bash this x times, start MB, now bash this thing x times, start that MB, which is all it is now anyway. Again, typical stern stuff combined with a VERY typical borg PF. Boring, yawn, next.
I have over 30 machines, and have no issue buying what I want based on what I like. I want to like new stuff, I want to buy new stuff. I didn’t walk up to this hating it and looking for reasons to hate it more. If I liked it, I would have walked out of there with it. I did not, and my opinion of it sucking ball's balls is just as valid as someone playing it and saying "it rocks" or "it's awesome".

Again, never once said your opinion was invalid. How can an opinion be invalid? It is a completely subjective thing. In your subsequent posts you have actually mentioned specific things about the machine you didn't like which make sense. Doesn't change the fact that your initial post on the subject was useless.

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Whatever, was writing more out, but those that have CHOSEN to already like this game regardless of anything from here on out, and HAVE NOT played it can group hug and thumb down all opposed of it's awesomeness.
Enjoy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-let-the-games-begin?tu=paul_8788 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.