1922333_1546277325590213_2002156588664316697_n.jpg
Rick-Coral #2.jpg
Rick-Coral.jpg
Handy.jpg
Wifi.jpg
TIMESHOCK.jpg
redneckzombies.jpg
walking dead cigar club Her.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#237 9 years ago

Still looking forward to the launch party and playing this in league, but it's looking like my TZ is safe for now. I'm quite bummed that this is just a generic zombie theme that just happens to have AMC's The Walking Dead all over it. TWD is my wife's favorite show and mine as well, and THIS AIN'T IT!

2 weeks later
#443 9 years ago

I have not played yet. "Sucks balls" is not a helpful review.

#447 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

It BURNS us precious! It burns!!!"

LMFAO! You are a funny dude!

#462 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Or makes it harder. Depending on what you are into...

LOL litterally LOL.

#464 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I posted this mini rant in another thread, but thought I'd reiterate it here (with respect to the TWD's voice call outs).
The happy hillbilly voice is ridiculously bad. And it has NOTHING to do with the fact that the accent is from the south. I have no problem with the person doing the voice overs having a southern accent. Just have it fit the game! You have a darker themed game, great intense music, and then a completely out out place happy higher pitched voice. Completely doesn't fit the theme or the rest of the game.
VOs would sound so much better from someone with a deeper more serious sounding voice - southern or otherwise.
By way of comparison, in Star Wars, Darth Vader was as cool as he was because of the voice of James Earl Jones. Check out "The Real Voice of Darth Vader" on youtube. Darth voiced by the actor (David Prowse) is what TWD sounds like now. It could be so much better if done right!
Another good example is the voice of Julian McMahon as Dr. Doom in the Fantastic Four movies. He is a great actor, but his voice completely sucked balls as the voice of Dr. Doom. Not menacing at all.
Please Stern, get rid of the hillbilly voice. We don't want to think BBH when we are playing TWD!

Agreed. I wanted to go through the voice calls using pinball browser since I'm just learning how to use it, but I couldn't find ANY version for TWD on Sterns website.

#481 9 years ago

I posted this in another thread. Thought I would throw it on here too.

I got to put about 4 games on a TWD today on location. Overall it is pretty fun. Both ramps flow really well, the right is much more difficult to hit than the left. A really cool thing I had not seen in the videos is this: Shoot the left orbit, it comes 3/4 way around and hits the far right pop bumper, which kicks it all the way back up the skill shot lane into the top rollovers. So you get this cool corkscrew motion of the ball. The one I played did this almost every time. Also, the Woodbury shot is a true, selectable skill shot, whereas the skillshot at the beginning of a ball is a bit of a luck fest. You can try to time the skillshot, but it is really dependent on how long the ball bounces around before it drops through one of the top rollover lanes. Multiballs are OK. The head in the barn on the one I played did not register hits every time. It had to be a solid direct hit and even then I think it failed to register a couple of times. I totally do not understand the "multi-kills". Whatever I was doing, which was mostly combos involving ramp shots, I was getting a lot of different multi-kill messages on the DMD. I did not have much problem with SDTM from the pops. In 4 games it did it like once or twice. With better software I feel this game could be a solid 8-8.5 in gameplay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-let-the-games-begin?tu=lotr_breath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.