1922333_1546277325590213_2002156588664316697_n.jpg
Rick-Coral #2.jpg
Rick-Coral.jpg
Handy.jpg
Wifi.jpg
TIMESHOCK.jpg
redneckzombies.jpg
walking dead cigar club Her.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 9 years ago

People need to go post on Facebook, e-mail do whatever to help get message to Stern that they want show voices. I realize it may not make a difference but this game NEEDS the voices from show, even if clips. I still am in shock they didn't figure this out, there better have been a damn good reason why they didn't use clips from the show at a bare minimum or try and get custom work from someone from show present or past.

SO bummed, my dream theme is not as dreamy anymore.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

People need to go post on Facebook, e-mail do whatever to help get message to Stern that they want show voices. I realize it may not make a difference but this game NEEDS the voices from show, even if clips. I still am in shock they didn't figure this out, there better have been a damn good reason why they didn't use clips from the show at a bare minimum or try and get custom work from someone from show present or past.

Well I put a comment up on faceboook asking why no voice clips from the show and saying many people were disappointed, took them all of about 2 minutes to take my post down. F-them

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

cancel your preorder and tell your distributor why then post here that you did it; the message will become clear. Then, someone needs to create a dedicated thread with one mission in mind, to get a $5-7k game quality call outs.

I have been disappointed since I heard there would be no callouts from show and decided I'd wait to see and hear what it was(which current video and code I am not gong to judge yet) but for the first time I am seriously debating I might back out on NIB. Really hoping Stern puts out a legit video with good sounds and game play, I'm pretty bummed at the moment for what is one of a few dream themes for me. It just doesn't even feel like "The Walking Dead" without voices of actors, it just feels like a zombie pin.

I'd at least like to know why, if there is a reason like AMC wouldn't let them, too expensive or something else altogether?! Not just no explanation, it just doesn't make sense to me.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No, that's how Rick pronounces it on the show after he repeats Carls name several times.

CORAL jokes never get old

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#270 9 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

What I like so far:

1. Love the ramps
2. Lighting in cell block c and the game going dark looks awesome
3. Music
4. Dots

What I don't:

1. 3 shots feed the pops. The two left orbits and the far right shot to the shooter lane
2. Toys seem uninspired
3. Callouts...reminds me of roadshow

4. No voice clips from THE WALKING DEAD show in The WALKING DEAD pinball based on AMC's characters in THE WALKING DEAD

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I get the fact that some of you REALLY want actor call outs.
So what's wrong with the idea of customizing your own, and choosing your favourite quotes from the show?
Seriously, I think the ability to do that is fantastic once you think about it.
Assuming we can edit code again, this could an amazing sounding machine.

I hope someone can do it and do it good but I just feel it won't "integrate" quite as well with sound effects and music.I just don't think you can make it all flow together like Stern can. I at least have not seen major revisions to code that made a game feel totally different. With what I've seen so far there is not one voice or callout I would want in the game from Stern.

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

If Maiden happens, I'm giving the credit to my boys for personally requesting it when Gary asked them for pin ideas when we were at the factory last summer.

So the big question is with an Iron Maiden pin if Stern will actually use the music of Iron Maiden or possibly they can just use some cover bands music instead?!

Or maybe the Walking Dead hick voice can sing all the songs.

1 week later
#469 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The theme, graphics, music, callouts, lightshow, shots, rules, etc. collectively create the full experience and people not willing to recognize that are most likely stubborn and/or deluding themselves. Or at the least missing out on the full pinball experience

A great game can overcome a bad theme for someone, but it's still has it's relevence. A perfect example: many people prefer Family Guy over Shrek (and some vice/versa). You could re-theme Medieval Madness to "Little Ponies" and it would NOT get the same love - although 4-8 year olds will like it more!

Exactly!!! I have found the games I keep and enjoy the most are not only good playing games(shots, rules, etc.) but the ones that have the sounds and added effects to keep me entertained. I love hearing Tron every time I play, same with Transformers. I dance half the time I am playing AC/DC and having kick ass game with music rocking. Addams Family Multiball call out is one of my favorites and while I've heard it 1000 times, still love it every time. The new Klingon multiball sequence in Star Trek is amazing, it gets me pumped!

Bottom line it DOES matter. To some more than others but it does mean a lot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-let-the-games-begin?tu=bemmett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.