1922333_1546277325590213_2002156588664316697_n.jpg
Rick-Coral #2.jpg
Rick-Coral.jpg
Handy.jpg
Wifi.jpg
TIMESHOCK.jpg
redneckzombies.jpg
walking dead cigar club Her.jpg
There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 9 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Played a bunch of games today at the Australian TWD launch party as did dozens of others over a 12 hour session. Man this is one cool game, different to what's out there and very challenging. Don't be too concerned with the absent voice call outs by the actors as you don't miss them when in the midst of a game. While the prison and Well Walker shots are gaining much of the attention, the loops and ramps are really satisfying and everything off the left flipper to the right of Wellverine is hard to hit. The pops can slow things down a bit, and the exit from them can go SDTM. For me a more interesting game than Star Trek, ACDC and Mustang, slower than Iron Man but not in a bad way and with as much variety as Metallica Pro, with TWD LE yet to show what else it has to offer. A winner for certain, and after people get to experience the whole package in the flesh I'm expect they will give it a good report. I wouldn't be canceling any orders that's for sure.

So are you buying one? or not "that" good,

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

i cancelled my LE , but i will likely jump on the pro, down the road.

No you won't. You'll buy the next game which will be a hell of a lot better. Stop trying to BS a BS'er.

#353 9 years ago

Any NEW video of updated code ?? Stern guys say that code is updated daily so it would be nice to see some new goods. Usually the website has a release of v1.0 as posted but nothing yet.

#354 9 years ago

yeah l'll post another vid if the code gets updated....

#355 9 years ago

Stern is too busy rerecording the callouts.

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Stern is too busy rerecording the callouts.

WHAT?

#357 9 years ago

Lol I think he gotu

#358 9 years ago

I hope they are. TWD will be an epic fail without decent callouts. they need to take this seriously.

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Any NEW video of updated code ?? Stern guys say that code is updated daily so it would be nice to see some new goods. Usually the website has a release of v1.0 as posted but nothing yet.

we updated TWD saturday with beta code 1.05 we got from stern.
I realy liked the rules and flow of the playfield.

#360 9 years ago

@ ozno - please name a pinball machine with "average" gameplay which becomes awesome only by having great call outs...

for me - very personally !!! - it is much more important to have cool background music and soundfx.
don't get me wrong - i love great call outs, but with attack from mars and monster bash as my personal favorites... i have never seen anything like this later on, not even close. but still some of favorite pinball machines are sterns from the last three years. great call outs are a nice add-on, but not the most important part.

#361 9 years ago

Played TWD a lot this weekend with code 1.05 (update received from Stern).

Actually a lot was missing in the software but I like it a lot.
Game has really good flow. Ramps can be shot quite easy in repetion even when they are this long.
love the combo shots left ramp then barn (left loop) / left ramp then riot / right loop trough the bumpers then right ramp.
Well walker is a nice toy, satisfying to hit, cell block is also nice, especially when lit up in the red glow.
White inserts are not bothering me, the game has a nice look this way.

Gameplay:
Where most players would mostly just shoot walkers and go for the extra ball or shoot the fishtank ramp 3 times to lite woodburry (super skill shot). And combined with the 2 multiballs.
I found it more interesting to add some modes to it.
You can also shoot the 3 drop targets and then start a mode each time / get some weapons.

Modes are off course quite basic at this time. Only one with some animations in it was CDC (left ramp). It has some nice (star trek quality style) animations. Instructions said, shoot left ramp then blinking shot. But modes will sure get some updates.

You can also collect weapons and then you can go for multikills (yellow inserts).

Collecting drop target bank 3 times and again a 4th time = blood bath. Have played it but didn't really understand what was going on..

Music = good! Main tune is known from the videos. Riot mode has a quite heavy rock tune.
Fx = good! It has one specifi nice creepy psycho style tune in the game.
Dots = what's present up till now is really really good.

So even though software is quite early and empty on lot's of levels and it's not clear how you must colllect all weapons/mods for horde, siege / last man standing I really really think it's a nice game!

To give you an idea. I don't like all stern games, I love avatar acdc wpt star trek, i don't like metallica/avengers/xmen. I'm neutral about twd theme.
TWD has all the potential to be good, and knowing it has a good programmer. I think this will be a top game from Stern!

#362 9 years ago

Man this call out stuff is crap, the less the better. I love my STLE but with the latest code update the fella that plays McCoy recorded a shit load of call outs and they are brutal. Metallica was also ruined with the worst call outs I've ever heard(next to Xmen). Just good music and sound effects please. I'm not saying they don't have a place but for the most part can destroy what is a good game with repetitive, unfunny, pinball related call outs that make you want to light the game on fire.

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

So are you buying one? or not "that" good,

Not buying one, got an IMVE coming tomorrow. Nothing was released about TWD when I ordered IMVE a few months ago. It's a slow boat from Chicago to Sydney I tell ya. I'm lucky that the only one in Aust at the moment is at a bar five mins away where my league meets weekly, so I don't have the desire to own one as yet.

#364 9 years ago

from BPO, i have taken a small video while my son playing, take it as it...
(edit : as said above by Pascal & David, code is than beta 1.05)

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man this call out stuff is crap, the less the better. I love my STLE but with the latest code update the fella that plays McCoy recorded a shit load of call outs and they are brutal. Metallica was also ruined with the worst call outs I've ever heard(next to Xmen). Just good music and sound effects please. I'm not saying they don't have a place but for the most part can destroy what is a good game with repetitive, unfunny, pinball related call outs that make you want to light the game on fire.

That's my point exactly. Have you heard the redneck voice in TWD? Makes you want to light the machine on fire. Most of the ST callouts are fine IMO. Just a few too many flat new ones. ST SFX are great though. Not hearing many effects on TWD yet.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

» YouTube video

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

» YouTube video

Is this the new code 1.05? Your son is a pretty damn good player!

#368 9 years ago

Every ball that comes from the right has drain danger. A bit of a partybreaker, cause the rest of the gameplay looks fun to me.

Better then i expected. Only that right area.... That will get cursed by alot, lol.

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Every ball that comes from the right has drain danger. A bit of a partybreaker, cause the rest of the gameplay looks fun to me.

Better then i expected. Only that right area.... That will get cursed by a lot, lol.

It does look like you are constantly battling SDTM drains every time it comes out of the pops. I think this is going to be a very tough game.

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Is this the new code 1.05?
Your son is a pretty damn good player!

yes, i edited my post
bah, nothing special here, and a "good player" is enough (lol), he has time to improve as he's 19

and i agree with that right area, surelly the "bad" point of the gameplay !?

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Better then i expected. Only that right area.... That will get cursed by alot, lol.

I have a feeling the location doesn't have the game properly leveled but you could be right.

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have a feeling the location doesn't have the game properly leveled but you could be right.

I doubt it knowing the organizer.

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Not buying one, got an IMVE coming tomorrow. Nothing was released about TWD when I ordered IMVE a few months ago. It's a slow boat from Chicago to Sydney I tell ya. I'm lucky that the only one in Aust at the moment is at a bar five mins away where my league meets weekly, so I don't have the desire to own one as yet.

Congrats, on the IMVE I know how slow that boat is

#374 9 years ago

Same redneck from IM, I don't like it but I don't want cheesy pinball references from the actors either. I know a lot of you like that and all the power to ya but it does damage to my brain to hear bad call outs over and over. I wish they gave you an option in the menu to shut off voices all together, that would be great.

#375 9 years ago

a little push on the machine to the left and your ball comes from the pops Always on the left flipper...

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

» YouTube video

HEY STERN, see how colorful Star Trek is next to it? Just couldnt throw in a green, red, or yellow to the GI or inserts? I'm very disappointed with this pin. The hillbilly callouts are the icing on the cake.

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

HEY STERN, see how colorful Star Trek is next to it? Just couldnt throw in a green, red, or yellow to the GI or inserts? I'm very disappointed with this pin. The hillbilly callouts are the icing on the cake.

Not sure they were going for "colourful" with the zombie motif.

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

At least some red and green lights would fit very well.

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

HEY STERN, see how colorful Star Trek is next to it? Just couldnt throw in a green, red, or yellow to the GI or inserts?

Quoted from Kugelhagelfisch:

At least some red and green lights would fit very well.

The LE will have red, green and white GI, and full RGB color changers for the arrow inserts and star rollovers.

#380 9 years ago

I'm sure the TWDLE will be as colorful as the MET LE/Pre is compared to the Met Pro.

#381 9 years ago

I like the white inserts. It was a deliberate aesthetic decision, not like white inserts are cheaper or something.

I'd prefer it though if they had more RGB lights so they could bring color in as needed to feed you more information.

#382 9 years ago

Steps to make a TWD video:

1) Turn off the ST next to it
2) Place an "Out of Order" sign on it
3) Record TWD video

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Hazoff, just when I was starting to like you...ST's call outs are off the charts!!!! Ya one or two could be removed but i'd rather have 95% kicks ass call outs in conjunction with gameplay rather than 5%.

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

» YouTube video

Game is too low on rh side. Ball is aggressively leaning right. No wonder rh returns are stdm. They should be touching left flipper.

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hazoff, just when I was starting to like you...ST's call outs are off the charts!!!! Ya one or two could be removed but i'd rather have 95% kicks ass call outs in conjunction with gameplay rather than 5%.

Gotta admit, 'dammit Jim I'm a doctor not a pinball wizard!' Made me laugh so hard I drained the ball.

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Gotta admit, 'dammit Jim I'm a doctor not a pinball wizard!' Made me laugh so hard I drained the ball.

My favorite is, "Don't manhandle it!"

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Game is too low on rh side. Ball is aggressively leaning right. No wonder rh returns are stdm. They should be touching left flipper.

Actually it was leveled correctly. Certainly not 'aggressively leaning right'....
Every ball exit from the pops was different.

#388 9 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Actually it was leveled correctly. Certainly not 'aggressively leaning right'....
Every ball exit from the pops was different.

I'd check it again. Vid looks like ball is 'tending to go' to the right. Better?

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Doesn't need to look like WOZ but could try to do some blood red in some places. This thing is looking more and more thrown together quickly the more I look at it.

#391 9 years ago

I'm hearing domestic deliveries of TWD this week. Did anyone get theirs yet?

#392 9 years ago

EVERY time I see one of those jokes I laugh my ass off! (I am now sans ass)
Please keep them coming!

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I'm hearing domestic deliveries of TWD this week. Did anyone get theirs yet?

I haven't heard anything yet. I'm guessing about the middle of the month. Hopefully

#394 9 years ago

OK Ted, by special request. Last one for today. I need to build my queue.

Handy.jpgHandy.jpg
#395 9 years ago

Love it! Thanks!

#396 9 years ago

Here's my contribution to the cause ...

Rick-Coral.jpgRick-Coral.jpg
#397 9 years ago

I can't get enough!! (er, wish it was bigger though)

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I can't get enough!! (er, wish it was bigger though)

Here you go ...

Rick-Coral #2.jpgRick-Coral #2.jpg
#399 9 years ago

TWD has arrived in Michigan, USA.

1922333_1546277325590213_2002156588664316697_n.jpg1922333_1546277325590213_2002156588664316697_n.jpg

#400 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

TWD has arrived in Michigan, USA.

Congrats! How does she look in person?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-let-the-games-begin/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.