1922333_1546277325590213_2002156588664316697_n.jpg
Rick-Coral #2.jpg
Rick-Coral.jpg
Handy.jpg
Wifi.jpg
TIMESHOCK.jpg
redneckzombies.jpg
walking dead cigar club Her.jpg
There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

From all the posts I've read, seems to me the people expressing their disappointment are the ones that were really excited because they are Walking Dead fans.
Also seems like the people who were more interested in a generic zombie pin aren't so bothered by the lack of character voices, or prefer it as it makes the game "timeless".
Makes sense to me.

Best summary I've read yet. I think someone did the math on TWD fans vs. generic zombie fans, and decided that the TWD audience was smaller, or not worth the additional cost for licensing the audio. Sucks for us TWD fans, but I'm happy for the Joe-Bob Zombie fans. The irony is that I never would have started watching TWD if Stern hadn't released the pin.

Quoted from zucot:

Name one iconic line from TWD show. (CARL! doesnt count.)

None of the speech in Stern's LOTR was "iconic" when that game came out; putting it in the pin is what MADE it iconic.

#252 9 years ago

Ted you have some great shirts, man..

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I know, right? It had me in tears for some reason.. haven't heard that joke since I was a kid

It literally had me in tears as well. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Thanks!

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Best summary I've read yet. I think someone did the math on TWD fans vs. generic zombie fans, and decided that the TWD audience was smaller, or not worth the additional cost for licensing the audio. Sucks for us TWD fans, but I'm happy for the Joe-Bob Zombie fans. The irony is that I never would have started watching TWD if Stern hadn't released the pin.

None of the speech in Stern's LOTR was "iconic" when that game came out; putting it in the pin is what MADE it iconic.

You're out of touch dude. "You shall not pass" wasn't iconic?

That game had 3 major blockbuster movies that had been released before it was designed and released. The movies alone generated billions of dollars in revenue, not counting any of the other merchandising.

The pinball machine had nothing to do with the pop culture impact that the movies had on people.

#255 9 years ago

I think the game will need sound from the show so I have started pulling bytes. Not all of these will work but some should work great! Just a few, wish I could get the code into pinball browser.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85245931/FileChute/Walking%20Dead%20Sound%20Bytes.mp3

#256 9 years ago

I am not sure who it was, but earlier it was said that 'Sopranos' had a 'generic' mafia theme and the actor's voices weren't important. You have got to be kidding me! I have and love the pin, and I have only seen the first two episodes of 'Sopranos', but I can already recognize TONS of stuff on the pin-the characters that go 'RIP', the talking fish, the strip club, the truck heists, the ducks flying away when the game is over, the boat, etc. As for the voices, they are VERY recognizable-the 'Gimme the f*ckin money!' call is immediately recognizable from the first episode, the Eddie Falco call-outs on the italian food items are hilarious...sure the goal of moving up the mafia ranks to 'Boss' is basically generic, but without all of the specific tie-ins to the show and authentic voices, I would have no interest in this pin. That is why it is a 'Sopranos' pin, and not a 'mafia' themed pin.

I am not writing TWD off, but put me in the camp of VERY disappointed at how generic and unrelated to the show it is. The actor's voices would have made all of the difference to me.

Gribbs

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Ted you have some great shirts, man..

Thanks! It's all I wear every day of the year. I have a girl that makes them for me. I have the fabric shipped directly from the manufacturer to her. I just had a zombie shirt made!

#258 9 years ago

Having seen videos of TWD and AMH, it is AMH that I quite fancy!

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If I'm a guest at any of the conventions the Walking Dead guys are at, I'll record a few call outs from them. (We'll be drunk and smoking cigars...but what the hell).....
Disclaimer: I'm serious

Norman and Ted 1w.jpg 60 KB

walking dead cigar club Her.jpg 60 KB

Norman is wearing a Minor Threat shirt? No idea he was into straight edge hardcore

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Maybe they took the call outs from a different zombie property......

redneckzombies.jpgredneckzombies.jpg

#261 9 years ago

OK, iconic speech from TWD:

Rick: There's us and the dead. We survive this by pulling together, not apart.

Rick: How many walkers have you killed? How many people have you killed? Why?

The Governor: You kill, or you die.

Rick: We all can change; we're not too far gone. Governor: Liar!

Shane: I don't think you can keep them safe.

Hershel: You walk outside, you risk your life. You take a drink of water, you risk your life. Nowadays you breath and you risk your life. You don’t have a choice. The only thing you can choose is what you’re risking it for.

Bob: End of the world don't mean shit when you got a tank.

Maggie: You see 11 condoms, I see 11 minutes of my life I'm not getting back.

Bob: Everybody makes it until they don't.

Hershel: I'll control my people, you control yours.

Daryl: You lost your hand because you're a simple minded piece of shit.

Rick: You don't know what it's like out there. You may think you do but you don't.

Merle: Damn, you're cold as ice, officer friendly

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hershel: You walk outside, you risk your life. You take a drink of water, you risk your life. Nowadays you breath and you risk your life. You don’t have a choice. The only thing you can choose is what you’re risking it for.
Rick: You don't know what it's like out there. You may think you do but you don't.

Let's agree to disagree.

PS you're wrong

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I am not sure who it was, but earlier it was said that 'Sopranos' had a 'generic' mafia theme and the actor's voices weren't important. You have got to be kidding me! I have and love the pin, and I have only seen the first two episodes of 'Sopranos', but I can already recognize TONS of stuff on the pin-the characters that go 'RIP', the talking fish, the strip club, the truck heists, the ducks flying away when the game is over, the boat, etc. As for the voices, they are VERY recognizable-the 'Gimme the f*ckin money!' call is immediately recognizable from the first episode, the Eddie Falco call-outs on the italian food items are hilarious...sure the goal of moving up the mafia ranks to 'Boss' is basically generic, but without all of the specific tie-ins to the show and authentic voices, I would have no interest in this pin. That is why it is a 'Sopranos' pin, and not a 'mafia' themed pin.
I am not writing TWD off, but put me in the camp of VERY disappointed at how generic and unrelated to the show it is. The actor's voices would have made all of the difference to me.
Gribbs

I agree and couldn't imagine Soprano's just being a generic mafia machine. It still could have been good but to me the voice clips are some of my favorite parts. The show has been over for a long time and the machine doesn't feel dated to me and it's still one of my favorites. I'm not saying this has to apply to TWD and it's one of my favorite shows so really hope it ends up good. Just feels like people have been wanting a zombie based pin for so long that Stern can do no wrong now that they have delivered.

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Big difference when comparing actual street price though:
AMH is $5995 plus delivery
Stern TWD is $4650 delivered

Where can I get TWD 4650 delivered??

#265 9 years ago

My thoughts exactly. 4650????? Really. I'd like to hear too!

#266 9 years ago

This game is going to rock!

#267 9 years ago

Nice video! Gameplay looks pretty awesome. Flow seems nice and the shot through the pops is sweet. Would be cool if the zombies exploded on the Dmd when you hit shots in clearing prison yard (kinda like RFM style exploding). I might have to pick this up! Not sure if it's a keeper yet obviously but def would be cool to rock this pin for a while!

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Where can I get TWD 4650 delivered??

Quoted from damionrowe:

My thoughts exactly. 4650????? Really. I'd like to hear too!

That's the price I was quoted from an East Coast distrib. who I bought my ST pro from. Why, what are you guys getting for quotes? Certainly not much more than that?

#269 9 years ago

What I like so far:

1. Love the ramps
2. Lighting in cell block c and the game going dark looks awesome
3. Music
4. Dots

What I don't:

1. 3 shots feed the pops. The two left orbits and the far right shot to the shooter lane
2. Toys seem uninspired
3. Callouts...reminds me of Roadshow

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

What I like so far:

1. Love the ramps
2. Lighting in cell block c and the game going dark looks awesome
3. Music
4. Dots

What I don't:

1. 3 shots feed the pops. The two left orbits and the far right shot to the shooter lane
2. Toys seem uninspired
3. Callouts...reminds me of roadshow

4. No voice clips from THE WALKING DEAD show in The WALKING DEAD pinball based on AMC's characters in THE WALKING DEAD

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

That's the price I was quoted from an East Coast distrib. who I bought my ST pro from. Certainly not much more than that?

After what I've seen of TWD ,, I'm NOT shelling out $ 4700.00 for a 1/2 Azz copy-right ..

Everything lOOks like TWD , but the game code and Voice call outs are from the comic book , as a matter of speak-n ..( if the comic bOok could talk ) dam Borg ,, Yr were genius w/ IM , Tron & Metallica
why did u let this happen ..

#272 9 years ago

I get the fact that some of you REALLY want actor call outs.
So what's wrong with the idea of customizing your own, and choosing your favourite quotes from the show?
Seriously, I think the ability to do that is fantastic once you think about it.
Assuming we can edit code again, this could an amazing sounding machine.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I get the fact that some of you REALLY want actor call outs.
So what's wrong with the idea of customizing your own, and choosing your favourite quotes from the show?
Seriously, I think the ability to do that is fantastic once you think about it.
Assuming we can edit code again, this could an amazing sounding machine.

I hope someone can do it and do it good but I just feel it won't "integrate" quite as well with sound effects and music.I just don't think you can make it all flow together like Stern can. I at least have not seen major revisions to code that made a game feel totally different. With what I've seen so far there is not one voice or callout I would want in the game from Stern.

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

Gribbs

U can say that again !!! After i bought Soprano's , i started watch-n the Show again .. Thanxx Gomez

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Is there any other pin that 3 shots on the playfield end in the pops?

Apollo 13

#278 9 years ago

Great Videos Rich, From what I noticed watching the videos it looks this is how you got to horde. Each shoot to the crosshairs awards a zombie kill, after completing all the crosshairs it arms you with a weapon (axe , gun ,knife ect ect) all the crosshair shoots relight with a yellow light shooting all the yellow light moves you on to the next weapon, rinse and repeat.
It also looks like the "woodbury" shoot back to the plunger lane awards a mystery on the skill shoot (the 2 rollovers and the lanes up top).
Also big points are to be had after going down a lit inlane the next shoot is doubled.

#279 9 years ago

In the topic of Zombies. I sometime wonder if Pinside is the only thing feeding Stern now days?

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

That's the price I was quoted from an East Coast distrib. who I bought my ST pro from. Why, what are you guys getting for quotes? Certainly not much more than that?

I have not got a quote under 5,495................who can help with this or point me to the right distributor??

#281 9 years ago

I have not got a quote under 5,495................who can help with this or point me to the right distributor??

I would call JJ at Game Exchange colorado for a quote. I believe he is under $5,000 on the pro.

http://gameexchange.biz/

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

I would call JJ at Game Exchange colorado for a quote. I believe he is under $5,000 on the pro.
http://gameexchange.biz/

Tell him you are from pinside for a discount.

#283 9 years ago

Thanks, didn't know that

#284 9 years ago

George Gomez talks (a bit) about TWD, interesting stuff! volume on the low side..

#285 9 years ago

Holy cannoli Batman, we need to get you a new distributor! PM sent.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

George Gomez talks (a bit) about TWD, interesting stuff! volume on the low side..
» YouTube video

Who is doing this interview? He sounds drunk.

#287 9 years ago

call Melissa @ Cointaker ,, 570-847-9595 ,, Tell her B_R sent ya !!!

#288 9 years ago

Slightly off topic but pretty darn funny:
Different from beatmaster's earlier post.

#289 9 years ago

This one is pretty awesome too.

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

In the topic of Zombies. I sometime wonder if Pinside is the only thing feeding Stern now days?

Definitely not. I'm not saying we're not a core part of their audience, but we're hardly the be all end all.

Stern pays attention to what we say and do though, no question.

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Stern pays attention to what we say and do though, no question.

Absolutely. Without Pinside, there would be no Walking Dead pin.

#292 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Michone: Anger makes you stupid. Stupid gets you killed.

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from Solder_Splash:

Slightly off topic but pretty darn funny:

Yeah! That song was hysterical!

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Absolutely. Without Pinside, there would be no Walking Dead pin.

Maybe, I can definitely see that argument for sure. But it's not like it's a niche thing that we unearthed, TWD is one of the hottest TV properties around, and aimed straight at the male demographic pinball tends to cater to.

Anyways, I love Pinside, I'm not trying to drag us down. This community is great, even when we bicker. I just think we sometimes forget that there's a whole pinball world out there that doesn't spend time here.

If Iron Maiden happens I'll be convinced that we help pick licenses.

#295 9 years ago

RGR, thanks again for posting the vids.

Any ideas as to why each "weapon" mode called "Multi-Kill?" I didn't understand why using "multi." Did it make sense to you as you were playing it? What defined the duration of a Multi-Kill mode? One of them you had lit solid -- meaning you completed it? -- but how?

Perhaps just a function of dealing with VERY early code.

#296 9 years ago

Why is everyone talking about Iron Maiden? Is this just baseless speculation or is there a real chance of that being a thing?

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If Iron Maiden happens I'll be convinced that we help pick licenses.

If Maiden happens, I'm giving the credit to my boys for personally requesting it when Gary asked them for pin ideas when we were at the factory last summer.

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

If Maiden happens, I'm giving the credit to my boys for personally requesting it when Gary asked them for pin ideas when we were at the factory last summer.

So the big question is with an Iron Maiden pin if Stern will actually use the music of Iron Maiden or possibly they can just use some cover bands music instead?!

Or maybe the Walking Dead hick voice can sing all the songs.

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

» YouTube video

I really tried watching, it seemed like he was getting slow pitched those questions.

#300 9 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

They can share the credit with nimblepin, he's been lobbying Stern for years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-let-the-games-begin/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.