1922333_1546277325590213_2002156588664316697_n.jpg
Rick-Coral #2.jpg
Rick-Coral.jpg
Handy.jpg
Wifi.jpg
TIMESHOCK.jpg
redneckzombies.jpg
walking dead cigar club Her.jpg

There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
#151 9 years ago

So far I think the game looks good for early code. But, I'm a sucker for horror. Yah the toys are a little too one sided (bashing). I'm looking forward to see how this develops over the next 12 months. Thanks for posting the videos RGR.

#152 9 years ago

Not sure what all the whining is about, looks pretty good to me..

#153 9 years ago

yeah, nice playing. great vid. looks like some nice shots.

#154 9 years ago

Does the music sound different to the TV show theme to anyone else? It does to me. Just slightly different like they weren't allowed to copy it note for note.

#155 9 years ago

Great video, you saved the day again.

Can't wait for my LE.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Does the music sound different to the TV show theme to anyone else? It does to me. Just slightly different like they weren't allowed to copy it note for note.

I was wondering the same thing.

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have a small request if possible, can you backup your game code to a usb drive and see if pinball browser opens the code
Just think of the worse case scenario if Stern don't address the call out issue because they really drained the balls on that one.
I seen a few balls go through the orbit nicely and majority hit one of the pops on exit, maybe Stern can address this as well with a small plexiglass piece like they have on tspp.

It was not my game... It was sited in a pub..

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Best post of the day. Great idea. Perhaps we shame Stern into doing something. I'm just stunned right now...stern needs to have voice work worthy of this otherwise great looking game.

AMC doesn't care. They got their money and that is all they want off of TWD. They don't give a damn about artistic integrity or the license as a whole.
They didn't get their chance to milk Breaking Bad as much as they would have wanted to, because it's owned by Sony, so they were more than happy about TWD being successful. They will run that series into the ground as hard as they can if it means making a bit more money with the license.

I hope for the future owners of the pin that they get their callouts by the actors and everything but I wouldn't bet on AMC giving a toss. Watch season 2 of TWD and witness how little they care about quality and how much they care about cost cutting and profit.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Can you imagine POTC with a fake Johnny Depp voice...oh, wait.

The German voice of him didn't do his voice in POTC because of some contract trouble. It's very weird to have him have a different voice just in that series.

#159 9 years ago

Can someone post the next video on the channel when it goes vertical???

#160 9 years ago

a big thank you for the video !!!

#161 9 years ago

Yeah, having someone that knows how to play makes a whole lot of difference. I also hope like people mentioned that we will be able to change the callouts on the game. I still think something is a miss with the potential wasted on the C block and the well dude.

#162 9 years ago

Thx for the video! Well played and well done, stern. This is the game I have been waiting for.

#163 9 years ago

FINALLY. Someone treats the machine right and rips off a good game.

Interesting...after prison multiball...lots of loops, etc, hit...but seemed like dead time in the game?

#164 9 years ago

Great video, thanks RGR! Nice playing too. Glad to finally get a real look at the lighting effects and hearing the music and sound effects clearly. I didn't even find the hillbilly callouts as irritating because of the music.

As per usual, going to come down to code code code. I can only hope that the code on there is a very early release version and they have a much more improved ready to go out when the majority of Pros start shipping. Buying a machine and then sitting on the current code for six months is something I have no interest in.

#165 9 years ago

19 mins. More game play, not sure how to get Horde and i did have everything flashing but not all solid... Anyway enjoy!

#166 9 years ago

The video is set to private. Please change the settings

#167 9 years ago

ok hows that??

#169 9 years ago

Was thinking of talking a video from the other side but then the jets and the prison might be blocked... Might play around with it more next week and if I learn any more l'll take another video...

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

It was not my game... It was sited in a pub..

ahh thank you. The videos are much appreciated.

#171 9 years ago

Just been playing this very same machine again for the second night in a row. I have to say it is growing on me. Initially I thought it was very unforgiving, as every shot I tried seemed to drain. But tonight with a little more time, I found myself warming to it.

I don't proclaim to have anywhere near the knowlage of RGR, who I spoke to brefily as as he finished filming these new videos, but as a regular pinball player, I am getting to like the game more and more. I posted the video showing the dot yesterday, and still believe this shows the games potential. We all know the game was rushed out due to a flyer appearing in a Blue-ray box, so give Stern some slack. The more I watch the dots, them more obvious it is what is final code and what is just a placeholder until more work is done.

I am a visual person, and hence notice this more than the audio stuff, but I guess the same goes for the whole game. Personally I don't have the spare cash to buy a NIB machine, but I find it amazing to see so many people stating that they are going to cancel their orders based on these early videos. I can't speak for RGR, but I simply posted my footage as I was excited to have played a new machine, and hope that my joy may rub off on some others.

To anyone who has placed an order for this machine, I say hang on in there. The more I play it, the more it is growing on me. I am seeing it more as a game that needs to be concoured, rather than one that you can quickly rack up some points with an easy multiball (cough, cough Mustang!)

To give some balance tonight I also played 24, Star Trek, Mustang, Getaway 2, Who Done It, Funhouse, Adams Family and Metalica. If I went back now, TWD would be my first choice. I'm not saying it is better than all the others, but it's currently my biggest challenge.

Sorry for the very long post!

#172 9 years ago

Thanks for the vid. Nice death save at 1:30 on first video! Stern should DEFINITELY have a Death Save dots, award, and call out for the Walking DEAD. Come on Stern, give some props to Data East for their death save call-outs/awards!

#173 9 years ago

I hope the info that's been posted on Stern insisting on using original voice actors is some sort of cruel hoax. Voice acting is awful -- but excuseable -- if it were just a placeholder until the real voice actors sound files were recorded, produced, and inserted into the code.

#174 9 years ago

Q: I noticed that when shooting the left orbit, the ball flys around and hits the 2nd pop bumper and shoots the ball off into another direction (as shown in 12.38 approx of above vid )

If the 2nd pop bumper had the skirt filed flat To match the flow of the curve, whould you think it would give a much more smoother orbit approach back to the flippers like the right to left shot RGR?
without hitting the pop bumper on its way down.

P.s thanks for the vid

Post edited by Squizz

#175 9 years ago

It seems like there are still sounds missing, though.
Other than that it looks fine. I don't dig the well zombie (too large and the most retarded plot point of season two - and that's saying something!) and find it's position a bit awkward but that's all I can critisize right now.

I look forward to the videos of the next few weeks.

#176 9 years ago

In my favorite pins, I love the feel and flow of combos. Reiterating others' comments on many shots going into the pops, I only count a max combo of unique shots of three (not looping the same shot over and over).

Essentially:
Maximum (and quite difficult): R orbit through the pops, and on the fly nailing the R ramp, into a final third shot that has to be the prison, walker bash toy, or woodbury shot back to the plunger.

More common: Shoot a ramp, and then shoot one of the bash shots or shots that take the ball back to the pops.

#177 9 years ago

Great job, as usual, RGR!

So after watching these videos, I can say that two of the main issues I was concerned about are now either complete non-issues, or much less of a worry than before.

First, the right ramp shot was nailed repeatedly and without rejection. Yeah, I understand RGR can make it look easy, but still, the ball never had any difficulty making it up and around the ramp and I don't think I ever saw it come back down.

The other issue of the ball always being in the pops didn't seem that way in these videos. Yes, the ball does stay in the pops longer than most Sterns when its in there, but it didn't seem to be annoying by any means.

I really like the music a lot, and again, the dots are great.

Pin looked fun to play. Flow seems to be really good.

#178 9 years ago

Looking good to me.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The other issue of the ball always being in the pops didn't seem that way in these videos. Yes, the ball does stay in the pops longer than most Sterns when its in there, but it didn't seem to be annoying by any means.

I was looking for that too, and was pleasantly surprised. When the ball gets in the pops on my STLE it can hang around longer than what I was seeing in the video for TWD.

Glad to see the GI going completely dark at some points, fitting for the theme.

Not trying to hype the LE, but I think the lighting, the extra magnet at the well walker and the lifting ramp/bicycle girl bash are going to be cool additions to the machine. Still not sold on the crossbow though.

#180 9 years ago

The flow, rules and dots look great in this video. In theory, couldn't you could use Pinball Browser to completely replace ALL of the audio with music and actor's speech from the show? That's very tempting. It would be hard to match the duration for the callouts, though.

#181 9 years ago

There were some nice clean shots through the pop bumpers too (similar to Tron and XM) where the ball doesn't get hung up in the pops at all.

An example of this is at the 5:10 mark on the second video.

Ball whips around very fast, right back to the left flipper where it started.

#182 9 years ago

Thanks for the videos RGR! Definitely nice to be able to watch a great player put the game through its paces and also be able to hear the game.

A few thoughts:

+ I like the music. Has a heavier feel to it like IM or Met. Good orchestration.
+ Dots are great and I'm sure there are many more animations coming!
+The ramps look satisfying to hit and I like the tight right orbit shot through the bumpers.
+Skill shot looks like fun
-I'm still not crazy about both left orbits feeding the pops. It does look like the left orbit usually gets stuck for only a few bumper hits which helps, but I'd prefer a consistent clean shot all the way around.
-There doesn't appear to be much for backhand opportunities. In Metallica I really enjoy backhanding the inline drops, on TWD there doesn't appear to be such a shot at least on the Pro. I also set up my games steep so the left ramp may be a tough backhandable shot? -I guess the LE at least has the bicycle girl target for backhanding. Is the left inner orbit backhandable?
-lighting looks washed out on the Pro with all the white inserts but I'm sure this can be improved through various LED kits.

I'm hoping the left side drop targets get utilized well in software. That would open up the shot selection a bit. In a lot of games I'll avoid intentionally avoid shooting side drops when not in multiball because they're dangerous (ACDC) but hopefully there will be enough risk/reward to make them worth shooting for.

I won't say much on the voice acting or the code since both of these will likely improve as code is updated. I don't necessarily think they need someone from the show to do the callouts but someone with a more evil/sinister tone would be more fitting. Maybe they could track down Ed Boon who I believe was the Mortal Kombat announcer?

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Does the game have quotes from the show in it?46 minutes ago · Like
STERN PINBALL, INC. No. The game has all original characters and call outs! The team is working hard on code daily.

FAIL
Although, with these newer Sterns, you can just replace the sounds? I suppose thats something.

#184 9 years ago

thanks for the videos.

i know the code is early, nothing new here.
music is not bad
dots are definitely good
artwork is great

wellverine is in the way and way too big!
needs better call outs, baddly! sounds like billy bob at a rodeo show.
no actors voice is an epic fail, no sense at all.
still too much feed into the pops but i guess we can get used to it.

i guess with better code most can be fix except for the actors voice.

#185 9 years ago

Sweet vid RGR!

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Max screen....
» YouTube video

Great video. Game looks more fun with you playing it.
Right ramp did not look hard to hit if you time it right with the ball at rest on the flipper.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

A cool idea would be you let the player chose the character he wants to play

my post was gone from facebook, then I put it here, and it appeared again 2 hours later

#188 9 years ago

That redneck voice doesn't bother me too much. I can see that the story of the game is you're a survivor, and the redneck is your buddy and telling you stuff.

#189 9 years ago

Thanks for these vids. Hope these will give people a better impression of the game on current code. I still think it's a great game

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

thanks for the videos.
i know the code is early, nothing new here.
music is not bad
dots are definitely good
artwork is great
wellverine is in the way and way too big!
needs better call outs, baddly! sounds like billy bob at a rodeo show.
no actors voice is an epic fail, no sense at all.
still too much feed into the pops but i guess we can get used to it.
i guess with better code most can be fix except for the actors voice.

i dissagree on the must having actor voices statement! i mean ac/dc didnt had any voices of the musicians themselves doin callouts or pirates of the caribbean.. still they are top games in my book!

and about the wellverine, the position of it is more higher then wolverine plus atleast wellverine makes an wheelie when u hit it.. wolverine doesnt do shit except at a bad day it loses his arm due to an fast air ball, stern learned from that misstake.. and didnt placed the figure not in close proximity to the flippers to prevent such happening and both arms of wellverine has been raised.. the right arm of wolverine isnt

this game needs good code with lots of more cool looking dots and rules and i foresee an homerun for stern!

#191 9 years ago

George Bush is doing the call outs

#192 9 years ago

I like the star rollover skill shot - at least I think thats what its showing on the display - Dont mind the voices, some callouts would be nice from the actors but I think this is going to come down to how awesome Lyman can make the rules - layout looks good, shots are nice, I think its a win!

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

He would be awesome in the Zombie Apocalypse.

I would really like to see the DOTs redone for clearing the prizon. The DOTS look good except for this (block walkers in the yard). Would be cool if they could have the zombie heads per shot as as you hit the shoot the walkers get hit in the head with a weapon (similar to the walker kills).

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

Well, the W stands for Walker.

#195 9 years ago

Hmm. Aside from saying TWD on it, this seems to me like an unbranded zombie bashing game. No characters from show (aside from well zombie). No voices from the show. No plot lines from the show. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Bashing zombies is fun. I do wonder how big fans of the show feel about it.

#196 9 years ago

I'm wondering... on the LE...will the Well Walker slowly be tilted more and more back as you hit it (thus, exposing its guts)? That would be cool. A toy that incrementally exposes its guts as it lifts back

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

i dissagree on the must having actor voices statement! i mean ac/dc didnt had any voices of the musicians themselves doin callouts or Pirates of the Caribbean.. still they are top games in my book!

two different things, this is about a tv show, you have the AMC name all over the machine and pictures of the actors.
how about watching the show with voice over from joe bob?
did you pre-ordered one?

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

i dissagree on the must having actor voices statement! i mean ac/dc didnt had any voices of the musicians themselves doin callouts or Pirates of the Caribbean.. still they are top games in my book!

People don't go to AC/DC shows to hear them talk, and the voice actor for POTC was at least TRYING to sound like Jack Sparrow.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

No plot lines from the show

I'm sure there will be at least these, after all the game does have the following scenarios/modes from the show:

Prison MB

Woodbury

CDC

Well Zombie MB

Barn

Collection of Heads for the fish tank.

It will be interesting to see how they come into play in the end.

#200 9 years ago

Question for those that have played it:

What exactly does the "super action" magnet do in front of the prison. I see that it holds the ball...does it throw the ball around?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-let-the-games-begin/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.