1922333_1546277325590213_2002156588664316697_n.jpg
Rick-Coral #2.jpg
Rick-Coral.jpg
Handy.jpg
Wifi.jpg
TIMESHOCK.jpg
redneckzombies.jpg
walking dead cigar club Her.jpg
There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

AMH looks freaking great!

+1 that right Orbit jump ramp is the shit!

#102 9 years ago

AMH is fantastic!

#103 9 years ago

This is headed in the right direction. Music sounds great!

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Could you imagine ACDC with some cover band doing the songs?

Quoted from DaveH:

Now just think what that outrage would have been if all the songs in the game were by a lame cover band. This isn't even close to the same.

1) Didn't mean to imply anything about TWD voicework by linking an early thread about ACDC.

2) As far as it goes, I don't see random lines from the series being thrown out all the time being a major selling point for the machine, so it doesn't bother me. I do find the happy redneck callouts unsuitable for theme though, maybe they can tone them down. In a perfect world Andrew Lincoln would do custom voice work like he is leading you through the zombie attack, doing callouts specific to the pin. My guess is there are various reasons why this didn't happen.

Quoted from RGR:

Yeh this review will not be that harsh Paul... but yeah playing a pro with incomplete code... well....

Sorry RGR, didn't mean to specifically single you out, I just pulled the earliest ACDC impressions thread I could find. It was the responses to it in the thread that struck me, not so much your review.

I guess my point in linking the thread was to provide some perspective on the whole "worst game ever, so disappointed" being expressed by many people about the blurry video, early code stuff we have seen so far with TWD. Very similar in tone and content to the ACDC thread. Just reading that thread would lead you to believe it was going to be the biggest turd Stern ever shat out of its factory (insert obligatory Avengers joke here).

Perhaps TWD will end up being generally acclaimed like ACDC, or slammed like Avengers, who knows, but it is still early days.

#105 9 years ago

Much better! That video was a higher quality than the others I've seen. Thank you. It does sound good!

#106 9 years ago

Nice so far, Sounds pretty sic to me

#107 9 years ago

Same $hit, different game. One would think you guys would see a pattern here. Try before you buy

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Much better! That video was a higher quality than the others I've seen. Thank you. It does sound good!

Lol the videos are not uploaded yet... they are coming in HD btw

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Lol the videos are not uploaded yet... they are coming in HD btw

Look up^^^^^^ winball_pizzard posted one

#110 9 years ago

Me as a walker....!!!............Joey
image-612.jpgimage-612.jpg

#111 9 years ago

My cat as a walker....!!!............Joey
image-340.jpgimage-340.jpg

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Looks like Borg's best work ever.

No ,, Iron man is !!

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

This is headed in the right direction. Music sounds great! » YouTube video

That is good video! Music sounds like it will rock.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

This is headed in the right direction. Music sounds great! » YouTube video

Am I the only one who hears "This is Halloween" from The Nightmare Before Christmas?

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is the BBH and IM voice actor the same person?

Hell No !! ( Play again , there's more Walker's to kill out Thare ) That voice Is Not on IM bro ...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1553455671544324&set=vb.1454230371466855&type=2&theater

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Same $hit, different game. One would think you guys would see a pattern here. Try before you buy

I actually think trying before buying is overrated. I know this because I have played pins at friends homes and/or location, loved the pin, so I bought one...only to get it home and find out within a few days that I actually don't like the pin much at all.

I'm not saying that it isn't smart to play first. It is. But I still think it's overrated. If I had played XM at a friends house before I bought one, I still would have bought one! It took several days before I realized how much I disliked it.

To me the main reason to wait is to let the code mature.

#117 9 years ago

The shots are nice on TWD l'll give it that..

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

To me the main reason to wait is to let the code mature.

Here is an idea.....put out a game with the code already finished... ...just sayin.............Joey

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Well, that's good to know, as that's one of the more important aspects to any pin...how it shoots. Rules are also very important, and since Lyman is working on that aspect, I am confident the rules will be good too. A good shooting pin with good rules and you are well on your way to a great pin.

After that it's things like sounds, music, call outs, dots, and overall implementation of the theme.

Some have complained about how long the ball stays in the pops. Is that something you've noticed, and does it bother you? Or is it more or less a non-issue?

#120 9 years ago

Sounds fine to me. Music blends into the background, setting the mood without being distracting.

Callouts are a non-factor for me, but then I only watched half of season 1 before getting bored of the show. They could have anyone do the voice callouts. I sold Xmen because my kids didn't play it, not because the actors didn't do the callouts. But that's me.

I probably won't buy a Pro until next summer, but that's a financial decision and has nothing to do with what I've seen up to this point.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

And for every "me" that got pissy about fake Optimus...there were tons more people that didn't notice or care.
...in any case, it's my opinion that Optimus Prime is FAR more iconic and important to the Transformers license than any human character is to Walking Dead. Walking Dead's iconic characters are zombies....and the game delivers zombies.

You obviously do not watch The Walking Dead.

Rick, Michione & Daryl are the iconic characters from the show.

The Walking Dead refers to the humans that are still alive, not the zombies.

I would have preferred more of the characters personally. But I am not bent out of shape that it does not include them.

Marcus

#122 9 years ago

I think it would look better with incandescents. Maybe some color matched inserts if they're not superbrights. I just think the theme is screaming for some ambiance but it's lit up like a laboratory in cold white light.

I like the music.

I think the well walker looks ridiculous. Hopefully there will be mods.

I'm not as bothered by the call outs as I originally was. Not that terrible.

Love the dots.

Can't wait to see more.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

If I may ask a request when posting the video, can you please tell us how the machine was pitched for the video and if it was balanced across as well.
Thanks again.
DH

Still convinced the left orbit doesn't feed the pops and the problem is all these machines so far are just setup incorrectly? I hope that is the case, but unfortunately RGR mentions it here as well:

Quoted from RGR:

The left loop and inner loop feed the jets and then you are at risk of the ball draining from the jets stdm

If this indeed the case maybe it could be moded so the ball passes through without hitting the pops from the left orbit.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well, that's good to know, as that's one of the more important aspects to any pin...how it shoots. Rules are also very important, and since Lyman is working on that aspect, I am confident the rules will be good too. A good shooting pin with good rules and you are well on your way to a great pin.
After that it's things like sounds, music, call outs, dots, and overall implementation of the theme.
Some have complained about how long the ball stays in the pops. Is that something you've noticed, and does it bother you? Or is it more or less a non-issue?

yep they go in there too often and stay in there too long

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Still convinced the left orbit doesn't feed the pops and the problem is all these machines so far are just setup incorrectly? I hope that is the case, but unfortunately RGR mentions it here as well:

If this indeed the case maybe it could be moded so the ball passes through without hitting the pops from the left orbit.

There is a roll over switch at the top right coming out of the left orbit shot.
When the switch is triggered both top and right bumpers could be disabled allowing the ball to make a clean return to the flippers. That would make the left orbit shot much better and not get hung up in the pops. This can be programmed via software I would think right?

#126 9 years ago

The problem is the feed from the metal plate to the left of the right ramp.... It has a lip on the end of it to prevent drains so not sure that the ball feeding through here as a loop shot would be the best idea

#128 9 years ago

I have an idea and put it on the stern site in the cover photo thread.
If you like it, please like it on their facebook, and maybe join me there. At least they look and read the posts there.

" A cool idea would be you let the player chose the character he wants to play (like metallica you chose the song and transformers you chose decepticon or autobots). Voices callouts could depend to the chosen character " Tough dude, southern boy, sexy girl,..." That would give another dimension to the game and pull some people over the line I think."

#129 9 years ago

I have played it already , ill like it very much ! The software is very very early so that would be polished up.
I have orded one and i am happy i did .....

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I have an idea and put it on the stern site in the cover photo thread.
If you like it, please like it on their facebook, and maybe join me there. At least they look and read the posts there.
" A cool idea would be you let the player chose the character he wants to play (like Metallica you chose the song and Transformers you chose decepticon or autobots). Voices callouts could depend to the chosen character " Tough dude, southern boy, sexy girl,..." That would give another dimension to the game and pull some people over the line I think."

Great idea!

#131 9 years ago

^+1. 4 possible playable characters. So a 4 player game would have all represented.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

There is a roll over switch at the top right coming out of the left orbit shot.
When the switch is triggered both top and right bumpers could be disabled allowing the ball to make a clean return to the flippers. That would make the left orbit shot much better and not get hung up in the pops. This can be programmed via software I would think right?

Wouldn't hold my breath on that. Best option may be to adjust the ball guide so a clean shot passes through the pops.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

AMH looks freaking great!

Totally agree!!!!

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Sounds good. We know the software will come together in time but this can't be fixed.

#135 9 years ago

Ok not long now... The first video has both multiballs going... 13 min 31 sec duration. The second video is just all out make every shot and see what happens. 19 min 32 sec duration. 107 million game.

There was issues with the zombie in the prison, it was not registering all the time.

After these videos there really was not much at all that was left to do given the lack of code. In fact constant left loops "Browns mode"??? had the same call outs over and over.

These videos are more about the flow/shots than the code. Will have them both ready to view within the hour.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Ok not long now... The first video has both multiballs going... 13 min 31 sec duration. The second video is just all out make every shot and see what happens. 19 min 32 sec duration. 107 million game.
There was issues with the zombie in the prison, it was not registering all the time.
After these videos there really was not much at all that was left to do given the lack of code. In fact constant left loops "Browns mode"??? had the same call outs over and over.
These videos are more about the flow/shots than the code. Will have them both ready to view within the hour.

Excellent richard, thanks for your efforts..

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I actually think trying before buying is overrated. I know this because I have played pins at friends homes and/or location, loved the pin, so I bought one...only to get it home and find out within a few days that I actually don't like the pin much at all. I'm not saying that it isn't smart to play first. It is. But I still think it's overrated. If I had played XM at a friends house before I bought one, I still would have bought one! It took several days before I realized how much I disliked it.To me the main reason to wait is to let the code mature

Yep, i know that feeling. Had a couple of encounters myself. Happened with CV and BDK for example.
Loved it at friends, but once i got it at home the magic was quickly gone. Not many survive more then 6 months over here.
So far Tron, Metle and ac/dc are safe.

#138 9 years ago

Have to say I love the ramps, very enjoyable to shoot however there is no flow from ramp to ramp. I dont mind the ball going into the jets but there needs to be more modes/code to suit this area. Feels like I am playing MET with TWD theme with the prison and walker. It is kinda annoying not having a clean shot at the prison from the right flipper but thats the game I guess... At this stage it will be one of Sterns better games for sure.

#139 9 years ago

How about zero call outs, I could get away with dmd prompts for what I need to shoot next and zombie sfx and music. I personally hate the generic call outs, maybe stuff from the show but then Stern will choose crap anyway. No call outs or I wish the option to shut them off was available.

#140 9 years ago

I hope it turns out great, because good pinball is where it's at!!

#141 9 years ago

Max screen....

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Voice is indeed terrible. Please fix. Someone mentioned Spooky pinball. I like that machine, but the voice is even worse than TWD.

It's intentionally bad in amh. Mission accomplished.

#143 9 years ago

Sounds like the call outs are from the actor that played Kenny in Telltale's Walking Dead game.

#144 9 years ago

Wow. That was the best video yet and it looks great. Very fast and like the lighting, LE should be amazing. Hopefully call outs improve with time. Thanks for the uploads.

#145 9 years ago

This new video helped the cause. Nice playing.

#146 9 years ago

yeah the 4 balls deciding to all go on the left flipper at once was nice. 2nd video on its way.... Is there anything else that people would like to see???? I can do some more next week

#147 9 years ago

I didnt seen 1 right ramp rejection on the video yet.. I must say i was affraid of that,. For some reason after the entrance incline of the right ramp kinda seems on a decline all the way to the back to help the ball making it across.. Im sure it could be rejecting thou but its more likely when u hit u make it.. Good example is at 7:40 in the latest video of RGR.. About rejections its Something i didnt like on IM for the right ramp

#148 9 years ago

Yeah I could have sworn that it rejected once.... In previous games however that might have been due to a really fast shot...

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

yeah the 4 balls deciding to all go on the left flipper at once was nice. 2nd video on its way.... Is there anything else that people would like to see???? I can do some more next week

Nice way to blow the driver transistor Rich! Not on mine please. Lol

#150 9 years ago

I have a small request if possible, can you backup your game code to a usb drive and see if pinball browser opens the code

Just thinking of the worse case scenario if Stern don't address the call out issue because they really drained the balls on that one.

I seen a few balls go through the orbit nicely and majority hit one of the pops on exit, maybe Stern can address this as well with a small plexiglass piece like they have on tspp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-let-the-games-begin/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.