1922333_1546277325590213_2002156588664316697_n.jpg
Rick-Coral #2.jpg
Rick-Coral.jpg
Handy.jpg
Wifi.jpg
TIMESHOCK.jpg
redneckzombies.jpg
walking dead cigar club Her.jpg
There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Been thinking about this for a little bit........... not happy. I might ask to get a different NIB with my deposit if the distributor would allow it. Put a lot of trust in this title and I think my hand was burnt.

I'm feeling the exact same way... Really bummed out!!! I've been a zombie freak since I was 8 years old and immediately pre-ordered! I would have been just as excited about an original zombie theme, but this is a licensed game with almost nothing to do with TWD. This would have been my first Stern machine... I think I might cancel and get a Metallica premium.

#52 9 years ago

If we're lucky, maybe we'll get Pappy in there too

#53 9 years ago

I wonder if the code is even 1.0 yet? Anyone know what Version is on the machine? I'm sure with the shipping with out code on it, its a very early Test version and there will be many many improvements to come.

#54 9 years ago

There's so many threads on this...but I came across some more TWD video footage on FB. Pretty good because you can hear the SFX. Might be the best footage yet

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1553455671544324&set=vb.1454230371466855&type=2&theater

#55 9 years ago

This is exactly why Stern needs to start producing their own gameplay videos released when the game is announced with at least acceptable mostly finished code. A lot is left to the imagination when we get to see someones crappy Iphone video of a new game being played terribly. We can't see or hear whats happening and no one is explaining the rules or features of the game so of course it looks like crap. I'm still holding out for OZ to save the day though. OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE OI OI OI!!

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

It'd be nice with 2 voices, tough male voice and sexy female voice

How about a sexy male voice and a tough female voice? Just to mix it up a bit!

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

People need to go post on Facebook, e-mail do whatever to help get message to Stern that they want show voices.

Being that Stern keeps removing posts about this, maybe the post should be made on AMC pages who licensed Stern to makes this. Explain to them how it really doesn't depict the show in true form.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

This is exactly why Stern needs to start producing their own gameplay videos released when the game is announced with at least acceptable mostly finished code. A lot is left to the imagination when we get to see some ones crappy Iphone video of a new game being played terribly. We can't see or hear whats happening and no one is explaining the rules or features of the game so of course it looks like crap. I'm still holding out for OZ to save the day though. OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE OI OI OI!!

the answer why Stern doesnt release any videos as of yet is because the game is still under heavy development.. i listened to George Gomez his interview at stern.. and he told the interviewer that there will be code updates for TWD on a daily basis.. they are working hard to get this baby right as we all wanting them.. dont give an judgement on this game yet! wait and see..

i believe this game will be great once Lyman his magic is been done to the game.. more dots are available to the various modes and other happenings.. and great callouts..

remember you guys that annoying Horse Sound FX on mustang when that game was been first seen at some ford show? well people were bitching about
that too right away and guess what.. Stern took care of it,. got rid of it.. they might aswell do that too to the not so wanted narration quotes which exist on the prototype games.

#59 9 years ago

I have ordered and paid for the LE. That said, I think this is shaping up to be another Xmen voice wise. What are they thinking? It's horrendous and doesn't match the atmosphere at all.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There's so many threads on this...but I came across some more TWD video footage on FB. Pretty good because you can hear the SFX. Might be the best footage yet
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1553455671544324&set=vb.1454230371466855&type=2&theater

That call out at the end "Play again! There are more walkers to kill out there!" sounds like it could be coming from a character on The Dukes of Hazzard.

Edit: There's no way this doesn't get changed. Must just be used until they get things further along. (I hope)

#61 9 years ago

Stern Walking dead MSRP $5995
Spooky Pinball America's Most Haunted $5995

Just saying

#62 9 years ago

If I was Gary Stern, I would hire a PR/Communications Manager and a Community Manager IMMEDIATELY... They really need to get their PR in hand, otherwise we get these threads.

We've seen 3-4 poorly shot videos and several people are thinking of cancelling their pre-orders (me included). I want to believe that TWD will be a great pin, but right now they're not helping.

#63 9 years ago

TWD is similar to IM, looks fast and fun.

#64 9 years ago

From Facebook:

Does the game have quotes from the show in it?
46 minutes ago · Like

STERN PINBALL, INC. No. The game has all original characters and call outs! The team is working hard on code daily.
18 minutes ago · Like · 2

Edit: I removed the name of the poster who asked the question on Facebook. Didn't really think it was necessary.

#65 9 years ago

ive talked to Richard Rhodes,and he shooted great flippin videos of him on TWD..
he is the number 1 player in Australia, he knows how to work the silverball..
he will deliver some good videos really soon.. hold your horses!

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

From Facebook:
46 minutes ago · Like
STERN PINBALL, INC. No. The game has all original characters and call outs! The team is working hard on code daily.
Edit: I removed the name of the poster who asked the question on Facebook. Didn't really think it was necessary.

if so, what's the point of having the original actors on each side of the cab, apron, etc?

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

if so, what's the point of having the original actors on each side of the cab, apron, etc?

To sell games and get people to walk up and play. That's about it, I guess.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

ive talked to Richard Rhodes,and he shooted great flippin videos of him on TWD..
he is the number 1 player in Australia, he knows how to work the silverball..
he will deliver some good videos really soon.. hold your horses!

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Stern Walking Dead MSRP $5995
» YouTube video
Just saying

What r u saying exactly? From my point of view it would that if AMH is 6K then no problem paying 6K for TWD pro, AMH looks awful too me.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

From Facebook:
46 minutes ago · Like

Imagine the same answer for a MET or ACDC pinball... Sorry, but licensing a TV show/movie/band and not including the original content doesn't make sense to me.

#71 9 years ago

Voice is indeed terrible. Please fix. Someone mentioned Spooky pinball. I like that machine, but the voice is even worse than TWD.

#72 9 years ago

Just to reiterate:

The art and dots seem great. Playfield is a bit bare on the pro but the LE should be fine. Music seems OK and thankfully has the shows main theme albeit redone badly, but it's good enough.

But the theme is dark. Embrace it for Gods sake. If Gary or some other producer is trying to hedge their bets by making this thing humorous, they are making a HUGE GARGANTUAN mistake!!!!
It needs to feel like you are battling and scared. That's it. Like the show. The show is not goofy or funny.

Honestly Stern. I work on films. Send me a list of the callouts and I will send you back something that sounds like the show in quality and tone.

#73 9 years ago

Ok so... I wil have the videos uploaded in a day or so.... I adjusted the initial pic (was uploaded from phone) to be upright...

Anyway there are 2 MAJOR problems.. Not sure if they have been discussed...

1: When you shoot the right loop (which is a great shot btw) and it comes down to the left flipper, if you then shoot the right ramp the ball will fly off the ramp.... This is due to the initial ramp entrance being too steep and having a curve that is too sharp. No whitewood testing??? wtf.... Thought they would have learnt off TOM with the Metamorphosis ramp...

2: I am not sure if this is soley and issue due to this being a pre-production model but the ball sits in indentations in the playfield. The numbers above the flippers are slightly concave and its like a worn out TAF with the windows holding the ball. Surely this has to be with this game only, if it is not then wow... there are issues!!!!

The flow is ok but only from the right.... The left loop and inner loop feed the jets and then you are at risk of the ball draining from the jets stdm.... There is no protection like that of the feed from ACDC.

The right loop is a great shot. The right ramp is tight (too tight imo) and the left ramp is nice, like that of ST.

Another problem with this game is that the walker is just too big... The entire game seems to revolve around that..... Its designed well but could have been smaller.

Anyway the videos are uploading and will be online in the next day or 2.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Being that Stern keeps removing posts about this, maybe the post should be made on AMC pages who licensed Stern to makes this. Explain to them how it really doesn't depict the show in true form.

Best post of the day. Great idea. Perhaps we shame Stern into doing something. I'm just stunned right now...stern needs to have voice work worthy of this otherwise great looking game.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is the BBH and IM voice actor the same person?

Hell no. The IM voice actor has a midwestern accent. The computer of course is British.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

the answer why Stern doesnt release any videos as of yet is because the game is still under heavy development.. i listened to George Gomez his interview at stern.. and he told the interviewer that there will be code updates for TWD on a daily basis.. they are working hard to get this baby right as we all wanting them.. dont give an judgement on this game yet! wait and see..
i believe this game will be great once Lyman his magic is been done to the game.. more dots are available to the various modes and other happenings.. and great callouts..
remember you guys that annoying Horse Sound FX on mustang when that game was been first seen at some ford show? well people were bitching about
that too right away and guess what.. Stern took care of it,. got rid of it.. they might aswell do that too to the not so wanted narration quotes which exist on the prototype games.

Hey Roy! I'm sure that it will be finished and the theme has the potential to be really amazing but, why not delay the release schedule long enough to get more finished code. Control the release of video and images so your product is shown to the consumer in a professional way and in the best light. I have the money to buy one of these but, I'm still going to be careful with my purchase. They aren't exactly cheap after all. Right now I'm leaning towards no because that video just doesn't do the game any favors. If on the day it was announced on Stern's site, I could have watched a professionally produced gameplay video describing all of the features of the game, I might feel differently.

#78 9 years ago

Could you imagine ACDC with some cover band doing the songs?

#79 9 years ago

Yeh this review will not be that harsh Paul... but yeah playing a pro with incomplete code... well....

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What r u saying exactly? From my point of view it would that if AMH is 6K then no problem paying 6K for TWD pro, AMH looks awful too me.

OK, no problem. All I'm saying is that these two games are around the same price point, people can make their own judgement and comparisons.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

» YouTube video
Just saying

AMH looks freaking great!

#82 9 years ago

history is about to repeat itself indeed!

Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

DutchTommy said:

Hey Roy! I'm sure that it will be finished and the theme has the potential to be really amazing but, why not delay the release schedule long enough to get more finished code. Control the release of video and images so your product is shown to the consumer in a professional way and in the best light. I have the money to buy one of these but, I'm still going to be careful with my purchase. They aren't exactly cheap after all. Right now I'm leaning towards no because that video just doesn't do the game any favors. If on the day it was announced on Stern's site, I could have watched a professionally produced gameplay video describing all of the features of the game, I might feel differently.

im not stern allthough my fiance Angela Drobka and we do have good contacts with our friends at stern as she worked for them doin Mustang voices, we are good friends with the company and quite some employees are friends.. i like their work a lot.. keep supporting stern and pinball in general for that matter

i didnt talked about stern about this.. but i can imagine that it probably got to do with the license itself why they have to bring the game now on the market.. remember that the launchdate for the new season 5 of the walking dead will be next month.. and those inlay cards in the blueray boxes?

i simply think that it lead stern by not having a choice but to build them now.. even if that has to be with poor early software..

we all know Stern has an reputation about having poor code on fresh released games.. but they will work on it to get them right even if that takes an year after its initial release! id say every manufacturer has their flaws no one is perfect, but thats ok.. atleast stern doesnt bring promises and then to break them down.. which is smart, and not to be harse on jjp but i do remember hearing jack saying that he planned to ship his games with complete code.. and we all know what happened right with woz

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballa1983:

I'm feeling the exact same way... Really bummed out!!! I've been a zombie freak since I was 8 years old and immediately pre-ordered! I would have been just as excited about an original zombie theme, but this is a licensed game with almost nothing to do with TWD. This would have been my first Stern machine... I think I might cancel and get a Metallica premium.

I hope my distributor can get me another NIB. I know the coding is lacking on release but this is something different. I played early release ST and ACDC and it didn't look like this.

#84 9 years ago

Now just think what that outrage would have been if all the songs in the game were by a lame cover band. This isn't even close to the same.

Quoted from sammiesguys:

From Facebook:
46 minutes ago · Like

Their answer is clear, and absolute horse shite. Just lame.

Post edited by DaveH: Tom beat me by a mile on the cover band comment. Doh.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

It's a tribute. In a few years, they'll all be dead. Who cares.

If they put "fake" characters on the game, people would complain about that.

There's no winning lol

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Could you imagine ACDC with some cover band doing the songs?

Can you imagine POTC with a fake Johnny Depp voice...oh, wait.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Can you imagine POTC with a fake Johnny Depp voice...oh, wait.

Yeah that's gone.

Hey, you even complained about fake Optimus Prime...don't give me that crap.

#88 9 years ago

Thanks for posting that, it really puts things in perspective.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yeah that's gone.
Hey, you even complained about fake Optimus Prime...don't give me that crap.

And for every "me" that got pissy about fake Optimus...there were tons more people that didn't notice or care.

...in any case, it's my opinion that Optimus Prime is FAR more iconic and important to the Transformers license than any human character is to Walking Dead. Walking Dead's iconic characters are zombies....and the game delivers zombies.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Thanks for posting that, it really puts things in perspective.

I'm glad he posted it too.

Many of us here know how critical RGR can be of Stern pins. He's damn picky. That's fine, because if he likes something, at least we know he's not blowing smoke up our butts.

#91 9 years ago

Yep Rob, thats how I am... l'll never be a salesman put it that way.... But as you know I praised ST and dissed ACDC... I will give a detailed review when I post the videos.... Btw I am the same with any manufacturer. There are plenty of faults with WOZ if you want me to go over that .. Might leave that for another thread. (Btw I love WOZ)
In addition I am sure that you can see that I am technically a "Fault Finder" on SS as per my emoticon/image.... Back in the 90s Cameron Silver was the tech at the arcade that I went to and guess who hit him up with feedback on all the games that needed fixing etc

#92 9 years ago

I'm not knocking RGR's early review of ACDC, I know it was accurate of the game at the time. It's just a reminder how much the game can grow after release.

#93 9 years ago

This was one of three pins on our list to get soon.
Not going to happen now.
Stern will still get my money, just not with this title. (Yet, anyway).

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm not knocking RGR's early review of ACDC, I know it was accurate of the game at the time. It's just a reminder how much the game can grow after release.

Agreed. And I have the same kind of feeling with TWD, however yes there are plenty of improvements that will be made in terms of code. I was just frustrated back then given all the hype. Guess it was like coming out of the cinema after watching Star Wars EP1

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Guess it was like coming out of the cinema after watching Star Wars EP1

Yeah, but there is no fixing that .

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Guess it was like coming out of the cinema after watching Star Wars EP1

That was a sad day for all of us.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yeah, but there is no fixing that .

EP7!!! PRAY!!!

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Just saying

Big difference when comparing actual street price though:
AMH is $5995 plus delivery
Stern TWD is $4650 delivered

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

EP7!!! PRAY!!!

No worries. Disney kicked Lucas out of the script room.

#100 9 years ago

My friends Girls played Judith last season on TWD, I am pretty sure I can get a couple of 2 year olds to do some custom Judith call outs Too bad they didnt speak in the show...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-let-the-games-begin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.