Topic Stats

• 482 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mario_1_up
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-178.jpg
Coral.jpg
nice.jpg
Stadium.jpg
IMG_7640.JPG
Coral.png
Rick - Coral #4.png
Rick-Coral #3.jpg
1922333_1546277325590213_2002156588664316697_n.jpg
Rick-Coral #2.jpg
Rick-Coral.jpg
Handy.jpg
Wifi.jpg
TIMESHOCK.jpg
redneckzombies.jpg
walking dead cigar club Her.jpg

There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 5 years ago

Its coming........
20140924_201828_Richtone(HDR).jpg

#3 5 years ago

awesome, sound too please lol

#4 5 years ago

Yeah will have it turned up

#5 5 years ago

the world is waiting

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

the world is waiting

the world is not enough (said 007)

#7 5 years ago

cover your butt, cover the what....smack....arggggggg

#8 5 years ago

We already seen the video, Not to promising https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-walking-dead-video

#9 5 years ago

So now we judge a game and all videos based on one or two previously posted from iphones etc.. that was rushed recorded because the masses were screaming for one, or maybe some are just psychic and foresee the future video already. If so please share and post the six lotto numbers for Saturday night, thanks.

RGR I'm sure just about everyone who has a horse in this race and those who are seriously interested appreciates your efforts like I do taking time in setting up tripod, recording video and sound capturing all aspects of the game in it's infancy stage to give us a taste of what's yet to come.

Early stage pinball is a lot like construction, you have to walk into a project and be able to see what the potential of what is in front of you when all the sheetrock, painting and trimmings are done but understand it's a haul to get there.

Thank you for your time and efforts.
DH

#10 5 years ago

Looks like Borg's best work ever.

#11 5 years ago

Will we see it tonight? or tomorrow RGR ?

#12 5 years ago

If I may ask a request when posting the video, can you please tell us how the machine was pitched for the video and if it was balanced across as well.

Thanks again.

DH

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Its coming........

Thanks in advance! Put the sound loud

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Thanks in advance! Put the sound loud

Hit that right ramp too!

#15 5 years ago

Sweet can not wait to see a better video !!!

#16 5 years ago

Ok got plenty of good footage. Come back in 1-2 days and I will have it uploaded.
From what I have seen the game reminds me of tron, met and tftc. Met due to the house and the Walker, tron due to the jets and the right loop shot through them and tftc due to the organ sounds, dmd dots and cheap style voices. This game needs to be updated with the actual voices from the characters from the show!!!!!!!
The flow is ok, the left ramp is far easier to shoot than the right. A potentially big problem is the feed from the jets as thid drains a lot stdm. Will give more feedback when I wake up

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Ok got plenty of good footage. Come back in 1-2 days and I will have it uploaded.
From what I have seen the game reminds me of tron, met and tftc. Met due to the house and the Walker, tron due to the jets and the right loop shot through them and tftc due to the organ sounds, dmd dots and cheap style voices. This game needs to be updated with the actual voices from the characters from the show!!!!!!!
The flow is ok, the left ramp is far easier to shoot than the right. A potentially big problem is the feed from the jets as thid drains a lot stdm. Will give more feedback when I wake up

Thanks for the feedback and upcoming videos.

#19 5 years ago

There isn't any sound clips from the show at all? Its got AMC plastered all over it you think Stern would have there blessing.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

There isn't any sound clips from the show at all? Its got AMC plastered all over it you think Stern would have there blessing.

That's what I was thinking.

#21 5 years ago

The BBH voice has to go.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The BBH voice has to go.

This was posted already. DOTS look good so far.

http://vimeo.com/107044492

#23 5 years ago

Dots are amazing. Music is really good too. Call outs not so much.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Ok got plenty of good footage. Come back in 1-2 days.

"tron due to the jets and the right loop shot through them and tftc due to...cheap style voices.

This game needs to be updated with the actual voices from the characters from the show!!!!!!!

Will give more feedback when I wake up

Thanks Richard. Borg's done the "through-the-jets" shot before on DESW and IJ4. Maybe more. I like those shots.

That voice guy sounds like a southern version of the bloke who says, "shoot the drone targets for War Machine multiball" in IM.

image-109.jpg
image-425.jpg

#25 5 years ago

The very end of the video is Borg as a Zombie

#26 5 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to prepare and send a video! I'm really looking forward to finding out how the rule set is written for shots and combos. With such limited targets the game really looks like it's set up for building multiple shots on top of each other to complete objectives, score big points, etc. Personally, I prefer games with real "shots" versus just trying to smack a random stand-up target; if this game is done right from a rules perspective it should be a blast.

Looking closer at the playfield, the right orbit return through the pop bumpers is interesting - on a clean shot to the left orbit does the ball fly through their clean? does it return to the left flipper? Can't quite tell with the angle - looks like it has to return to the left flipper. I can see pretty easily though, a slow ball is gonna be rolling right between those flippers... Very interested to hear your opinion on that and how manageable it is and/or how frustrating it is.

#27 5 years ago

thanks for making this video, if there is one video i want to see, this is the one.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Its coming........

20140924_201828_Richtone(HDR).jp... 160 KB

Use caution that the balls don't fall out of the left side of the machine.

#29 5 years ago

dots look sick but those voice callouts need to go! must have actors voices, big disappointment if that doesn't happen

#30 5 years ago

Let's wait for judgement until the machines become available in quantity.....

#31 5 years ago

Ok, now that I've heard the voice doing the call outs it's awful. I'm still in and I'll still love it, but I'd pay even more to have Norman Reedus or Michael Rooker do the voice work. To me, the game play isn't even a factor at this point due to code, etc, but the hack doing the bad southern accent has to go. Or at least he shouldn't sound so g-ddamn chipper. It's the zombie apocalypse for cripes sake. lol

#32 5 years ago

Wow...so the rumors are actually true. Down in Australia, everything really IS tilted sideways.

#33 5 years ago

I want to hear the zombie noises that the child with cancer made for the game in there somewhere.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

This was posted already. DOTS look good so far.

I like how the house flashes at 1:35 and then all the other lights are out for a second...

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

dots look sick but those voice callouts need to go! must have actors voices, big disappointment if that doesn't happen

Merle! They need custom work from Merle!

I know I sound like a broken record but we all know his would be the best voice for custom work in the game.

#36 5 years ago

People need to go post on Facebook, e-mail do whatever to help get message to Stern that they want show voices. I realize it may not make a difference but this game NEEDS the voices from show, even if clips. I still am in shock they didn't figure this out, there better have been a damn good reason why they didn't use clips from the show at a bare minimum or try and get custom work from someone from show present or past.

SO bummed, my dream theme is not as dreamy anymore.

#37 5 years ago

Theres no way they can leave in the current voice is there ? I dont watch the show but that voice on that pin is so bad its like a joke. I hope its not for real.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Theres no way they can leave in the current voice is there ? I dont watch the show but that voice on that pin is so bad its like a joke. I hope its not for real.

You must have never heard Beast or Storm on XMen . . . sadly that is no joke. They need better voice work done . . .

#39 5 years ago

That voice is the same one from the "Mustang" pin......yikes.!

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

People need to go post on Facebook, e-mail do whatever to help get message to Stern that they want show voices. I realize it may not make a difference but this game NEEDS the voices from show, even if clips. I still am in shock they didn't figure this out, there better have been a damn good reason why they didn't use clips from the show at a bare minimum or try and get custom work from someone from show present or past.

Well I put a comment up on faceboook asking why no voice clips from the show and saying many people were disappointed, took them all of about 2 minutes to take my post down. F-them

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

SO bummed, my dream theme is not as dreamy anymore.

cancel your preorder and tell your distributor why, then post here that you did it; the message will become clear. Then, someone needs to create a dedicated thread with one mission in mind, to get a $5-7k game quality call outs.

#42 5 years ago

I am surprised they didn't just block your posts as well!

Stern has an "interesting" social networking plan of attack when it comes to negative feedback.

Just sweep it up under the virtual rug.

#43 5 years ago

It'd be nice with 2 voices, tough male voice and sexy female voice

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

cancel your preorder and tell your distributor why then post here that you did it; the message will become clear. Then, someone needs to create a dedicated thread with one mission in mind, to get a $5-7k game quality call outs.

I have been disappointed since I heard there would be no callouts from show and decided I'd wait to see and hear what it was(which current video and code I am not gong to judge yet) but for the first time I am seriously debating I might back out on NIB. Really hoping Stern puts out a legit video with good sounds and game play, I'm pretty bummed at the moment for what is one of a few dream themes for me. It just doesn't even feel like "The Walking Dead" without voices of actors, it just feels like a zombie pin.

I'd at least like to know why, if there is a reason like AMC wouldn't let them, too expensive or something else altogether?! Not just no explanation, it just doesn't make sense to me.

#45 5 years ago

I really wanted this to be good love the artwork music layout looks ok but the call outs are some of the worst and I have put plans to pick one up on hold and see where things go from here.

#46 5 years ago

Been thinking about this for a little bit........... not happy. I might ask to get a different NIB with my deposit if the distributor would allow it. Put a lot of trust in this title and I think my hand was burnt.
1. No TV show clips/voice over!?!?!
2. The most basic coding I have seen yet on a Stern?!?!
3. Left out 2 CHEAP spinner from the Pro?!?! (I knew of this early but over looked it until I saw video of the sound and gameplay)
4. Recycled callouts from the voice over actor from BBH?!?!
5. Bad use of the theme song, would have fit perfectly with end of ball bonus animation and pre ball launch.

I will hopefully get a ACDC, Ironman, or Star Trek if I can. Just kinda in shock right now. Sat on this post for about 12 hours.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

2. The most basic coding I have seen yet on a Stern?!?!

Shocking

#48 5 years ago

Coding needs to turned around. I love stern but releasing games this raw is pure crap.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Coding needs to turned around. I love stern but releasing games this raw is pure crap.

But the game isn't released, it's one at a trade show and one for a distributor, so 2 games. Maybe they wont make the code any better prior to cranking the games out but I hope they will (and I hate Stern's shitty attitude to code)

#50 5 years ago

Is the BBH and IM voice actor the same person?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside