• 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chessiv
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Burn-Notice-S6-iTunes.jpg
There are 260 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 9 years ago

I'd bet they are selling out, everyone loves TWD! Before I ordered mine, I talked to the wife and she said order it! She wants to play it.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I'd bet they are selling out, everyone loves TWD! Before I ordered mine, I talked to the wife and she said order it! She wants to play it.

I've never watched a single episode and know nothing about it. I don't know anyone who is a fan actually. Considering the show is on cable and not network television ... I don't think it's quite as big as you think.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Or you could just wait an extra 6-12 months and buy a "used" one for about $1000 less?

Quite possibly. But if it's proven to be very popular like Tron, and indeed no premiums available, then 1000$ more?

#54 9 years ago

if they sold out, then I'll speculate as to whether a Premium version will be in the works... I hope so.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Quite possibly. But if it's proven to be very popular like Tron, and indeed no premiums available, then 1000$ more?

That's exactly what Stern and distributors are constantly hoping people believe isn't it? But despite several very popular themes being released as LE's, Tron remains (at least for now) a rarity.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I've never watched a single episode and know nothing about it. I don't know anyone who is a fan actually. Considering the show is on cable and not network television ... I don't think it's quite as big as you think.

It's the most watched show on cable, but obviously its audience pales in comparison to the big network shows like The Big Bang Theory, NCIS, etc ...

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Or you could just wait an extra 6-12 months and buy a "used" one for about $1000 less?

How much fun is that?

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's the most watched show on cable, but obviously its audience pales in comparison to the big network shows like The Big Bang Theory, NCIS, etc ...

Yep, I agree. But TV shows in general ... have a very niche following. 16 million may have tuned in to watch the season 4 premiere of the show (TWD) .. but that doesn't translate into "everybody loves TWD".

Heck, 111 million tuned in to watch the Super Bowl last year .. but I don't think everyone loves football and I don't think a new football themed pin would sell all that great.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

In the 18-49 demographic which includes most of us pinball machine buyers, TWD is the most watched show on television (cable or big network).

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/walking-dead-tv-top-show-most-desired-viewers-article-1.1602137

#60 9 years ago

Game looks great. The series is hit and miss. I will never buy another NIB stern, especially an LE. I will buy second hand games from now on.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Heck, 111 million tuned in to watch the Super Bowl last year .. but I don't think everyone loves football and I don't think a new football themed pin would sell all that great.

It might if it wasn't a clone of a bad soccer game...

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Seriously doubt it, but oh well I'm not buying one until I can play it, if they sell out make a premium or Stern will have to deal with lesser sales on this title.

Well, not sure who else is getting one around Frederick, but I've got a Refinery LE coming so if you and anyone else local hasn't checked one out by the time mine comes in, send me a PM and you and anyone else are welcome to come by and play ours.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

REALLY? Are you sure? OMG! It's the number one show one TV period! It pulled 15.7 million viewers on the last show! It's ok you don't watch TV but do a quick google and you might be really surprised. It started as a comic then TV show. You couldn't be more wrong.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-walking-dead-gives-692262

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

At one time, Metallica was one of the biggest bands in the world, selling out shows worldwide and millions of albums.

until the whole Napster ordeal, just sayin

#65 9 years ago

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/amcs-walking-dead-finale-draws-whopping-15-7-million-viewers-1201150367/

Those are just the number! The show after TWD the talking dead is kick ass also!

#66 9 years ago

The faster the LE's sell out the faster we'll hear about the premium release.

#67 9 years ago

too bad they didn't do 700 LE's, then someone could get LE # 666

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

In the 18-49 demographic which includes most of us pinball machine buyers, TWD is the most watched show on television (cable or big network).

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/walking-dead-tv-top-show-most-desired-viewers-article-1.1602137

Wow! I knew it was a big show, but I had no idea it was THAT big. For a show that's so violent and only available to cable subscribers, that's quite a feat.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Wow! I knew it was a big show, but I had no idea it was THAT big. For a show that's so violent and only available to cable subscribers, that's quite a feat.

Why?

Who the hell doesn't have cable these days?!

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Yep, I agree. But TV shows in general ... have a very niche following. 16 million may have tuned in to watch the season 4 premiere of the show (TWD) .. but that doesn't translate into "everybody loves TWD".

Wheel of fortune 24 and CSI had better ratings than walking dead but look how well they sold. I think the zombie theme in general is what will be selling the game more than the actual show itself.

#71 9 years ago

Let's not forget there has been a strong comic book following even way before the show, unlike WOF, 24, CSI, Sopranos, or Super Bowl.

#72 9 years ago

I know my distro over here was completely sold out of his 20 le's in matter of days. And this before even pics were released.
The waiting line for if someone drops out is around 10 people last i heard.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why?
Who the hell doesn't have cable these days?!

Cable is for suckers

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Let's not forget there is a strong comic following way before the show ...

True, but history has shown us that a strong following of a particular franchise doesn't necessarily translate to popularity within the pinball world. For example, Star Trek has one of the most rabid fan bases out there, and yet you don't see Trekkies buying up all the STTNGs. In fact, STTNG has remained a very reasonably priced pin compared to many other games from the same era with much less cultish themes.

#75 9 years ago

Anyone that reads this thread and panic buys a TWDLE, please contact me immediately afterward. I have some swampland you may be interested in.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I have some swampland you may be interested in.

SOLD

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Cable is for suckers

Well technically I don't have cable either.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I've never watched a single episode and know nothing about it.

You need to start watching from the beginning(season 1 episode 1) and you'll be hooked!! I guarantee!!

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

You need to start watching from the beginning(season 1 episode 1) and you'll be hooked!! I guarantee!!

Zombies/gore just don't do a whole lot for me.

#80 9 years ago

I ordered 10. One for every bathroom in my casa.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Anyone that reads this thread and panic buys a TWDLE, please contact me immediately afterward. I have some swampland you may be interested in.

Does it come with an annoying talking donkey?

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Zombies/gore just don't do a whole lot for me.

But I guarantee!!

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

The faster the LE's sell out the faster we'll hear about the premium release.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Fingers crossed!!!!

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I think people (including me) just get annoyed by the old "LE's are almost sold out!" claims that pop up on every new game. I think people waiting to see the actual gameplay are smart. Popularity of any given title can be meaningless. I look at the movie Avatar which was an incredible blockbuster smash hit ... but that LE gets very little appreciation (and there were only 250 made.)

Gotcha. I guess if it's not from Sterns mouth it is hearsay. I can see that a thread like this could cause issues with wantabe buyers that are waiting for the gameplay video.

I am the one driving the hype train and getting this pin without seeing gameplay. I guess I have faith in Stern and Borg to treat this theme right.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

TWD has a fan base far above MET. Didn't METLE sellout in one day?
Not that hard to believe if all 600 are spoken for especially with no premium as of now.

I thought Metallica fan club members got first shot at ordering the LE's?

And, that created the crunch, leaving fewer for pinheads.

#86 9 years ago

So where's TWD fan club? If it's so popular, surely there is some official fanclub that could be flogging these games..

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For a show that's so violent and only available to cable subscribers, that's quite a feat.

…and Netflix subscribers, Hulu, Vudu, Apple TV, Xbox, Playstation, etc…many ways to watch cable TV shows besides cable.

#88 9 years ago

I can watch cable tv shows on my xbox without subscribing to cable? How?

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So where's TWD fan club? If it's so popular, surely there is some official fanclub that could be flogging these games..

It's called the talking dead

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Netflix, Hulu, HBO Plus, etc...... Some are 1 season old, some services allow you to watch the show right after it airs live.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The Facebook fan page just passed 30 million. That is the only "TWD Fan Club" I am on. Probably others on private servers or forums.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

True, but history has shown us that a strong following of a particular franchise doesn't necessarily translate to popularity within the pinball world. For example, Star Trek has one of the most rabid fan bases out there, and yet you don't see Trekkies buying up all the STTNGs. In fact, STTNG has remained a very reasonably priced pin compared to many other games from the same era with much less cultish themes.

Yeah, cuz there are more than 11700 STTNG made and there are 4 different Star Trek theme pins now, and how many TWD or just Zombies pin out there currently? Zero till October.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For a show that's so violent and only available to cable subscribers, that's quite a feat.

Quoted from Rarehero:

…and Netflix subscribers, Hulu, Vudu, Apple TV, Xbox, Playstation, etc…many ways to watch cable TV shows besides cable.

Right, but the people streaming the show aren't factored into the Nielson ratings. That's what makes the fact that TWD has so many viewers each week that much more impressive.

#94 9 years ago

#95 9 years ago

This sucker is #587. First Stern and first of 3 NIBs coming (purchased last / delivered first).

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Yeah, cuz there are more 11700 STTNG made and there are 4 different Star Trek theme pins now, and how many TWD or just Zombies pin out there currently? Zero till October.

I was just gonna say the same thing. STTNG sold way more units than TWD ever will.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

They have a whole TV shows & movie section. You can buy individual episodes or whole seasons. If you're a Netflix or Hulu subscriber, you can use them on Xbox 360 (and XBone, I'm assuming…but I don't have one). I'm guessing they have Vudu, too…I use that on my PS3 for movie rentals, and they have all the cable networks' shows (except premium channels like HBO, Showtime).

#98 9 years ago

I don't have cable but watch all the shows on either Netflix or Amazon Prime. Only downside is that they are usually a season behind but I'm looking forward to Season 4 of Walking Dead on Netflix in a couple weeks! Amazon Prime recently stepped up their TV offerings by putting up all of the older HBO shows on demand.

#99 9 years ago

Netflix users try www.unblock-US.com to double your choices.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Just ridiculous. Take out "TWD" and replace with ANY other of Stern's releases and the same thing could (and was) said within a week or even days of a new title announcement. Everyone (especially distributors) always pumping any given title.

Ya, I heard XM le Wolverine was in tight supply, I might have to settle for the Magneto (I swear this is what my dealer told me even after I had put in a deposit pending my decision on which version I would choose).

I heard dealers saying Hulk was selling out (OMG Hulk is selling out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I am not saying TWD is not selling a few hundred already but I would seriously doubt (ie. no chance in hell) it is close to selling out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 260 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-les-close-to-selling-out/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.