View topic image gallery

2016-02-05_08.35.20_(resized).jpg
Greenfield-20160115-00195_(resized).jpg
Greenfield-20160115-00194_(resized).jpg
IMG-20151128-00133_(resized).jpg
93b1b6a6a24af7769beb2b3e3f6b96673b898fb3_(resized).jpg
HVDB1993_(resized).JPG
HVDB1992_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1954

Great idea! Here is another fix for that issue. I've had it on my game some time and it makes a big difference. 75 cents +shipping or course old and new pictured

93b1b6a6a24af7769beb2b3e3f6b96673b898fb3_(resized).jpg93b1b6a6a24af7769beb2b3e3f6b96673b898fb3_(resized).jpg

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

yeah, I know, i had this on also, made no difference on mine unfortunately, also slit one of those open and fixed on the little guide rail, no help.
every game has its own specific fix it seems!

If that didn't work, I'm betting your game needed to be lowered on the right side just a tad (.2 degrees off center to the right or so). If this fix is installed on a game that is set up more towards the left or centered , this fix won't have much effect. In my experience setting the game up centered or off to the left increases SDTM drains from pop bumpers, off to right with this fix will correct for sure.

#23 8 years ago

Here is another fix for the out lane. If you're machine is getting you frustrated or your just not having enough fun on your machine due to quick drains or not progressing enough you'll "play better" with these.

Iron man became a very fun pin for me instantly Do or Die and Jericho are very attainable and the walking dead went from fun to incredible. I was getting frustrated with my outlanes on TWD as well before this. I've been playing for less than one year, so once I beat the games, I will step down to thinner posts to make it more of a challenge. No reason to do that right now though as these posts have really changed my opinion of these two games.

IMG-20151128-00133_(resized).jpgIMG-20151128-00133_(resized).jpg

#27 8 years ago

Actually just barely, the Iron Man Picture was taken right when I did it and I've moved the right side post up now. Here is TWD left and right lanes. The wide post is like a set of training wheels when you're having trouble with a pin and just have had it. Its a great way to learn the rules and build some confidence. As you can see walking dead is still pretty open on the left. It just makes things so much more fun when you're learning to play and learning the rules

Greenfield-20160115-00194_(resized).jpgGreenfield-20160115-00194_(resized).jpg

Greenfield-20160115-00195_(resized).jpgGreenfield-20160115-00195_(resized).jpg

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Can a ball even make it through the outline now on your IM? I understand its a frustrating game but the rules are designed for a low ball time game. Closing the posts all the way with the standard posts should be enough.

I believe I actually answered that exact question two posts below that one #27. When I buy and game and bring it home I do so to have fun with it, not to get frustrated. Some go into the menu and adjust settings, some set the games at less of an angle and on real harsh pins like IM and TWD I choose to use the fat boy posts with 9 months experience playing its what has made these two pins keepers for me and the family. Maybe I'll go to thinner ones as I progress in skill level and maybe not as I really do enjoy the longer ball times right now on IM without the serious nudging. I like my adrenaline rush to last

Call it what you will, but it's my sandbox and I'll play how I want too

2 weeks later
#52 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I ordered these from Pinball Life - they made a little difference in drains. Not a huge difference, but enough to where my wife and kids don't get pissed after ridiculous constant drains:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=315

That's the one, then 5/16 rubber is what goes with them, i placed an additional rubber piece on the bottom of the post as well for TWD. Its interesting to test some of these cheap drain fixes on friends or family that don't play much. Everyone seems to take a renewed interest in the games when they start doing well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 8.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-lepremium-center-drain-help?tu=sparechange1974 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.