9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

twd-left-orbit.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MnHotRod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Has anyone else experienced this shot on TWD yet? If you get a good shot to the left orbit, the ball will feed all the way back past to the Tower drop lanes. Lloyd's game at SS Billiards will do this consistently. The shot feels great when you make it. My game at home will not feed this shot. It looks like the timing of when the pop bumper fires is critical for this to work consistently. A friend said we should be able to tweak the pop bumper so this shot works on my game.

Are other people seeing this shot on their games? If Stern can dial in the timing of the pop bumper on all games that leave the line, this would be very cool.

I'm wondering if Lloyds game is uncommon, or if mine is the odd machine that does not feed the shot.

twd-left-orbit.pngtwd-left-orbit.png

#4 9 years ago

Not sure why this would be moved to PLAYING TIPS forum area as this isn't a function of how well you play or how to get a shot, the game is either capable of doing it or it's not. I'm trying to find out if something on my game needs to be adjusted, or if it's just a fluke thing on a few games.

#6 9 years ago

Maybe I can take some video and post for general evaluation? I'm thinking the pop may need to be less sensitive than it is now for it to propel the ball towards the star rollovers.

#10 9 years ago

Used the inclinometer and level on Lloyds playfield, then set mine up the same way. I witnessed success of this shot every time someone hit it smoothly at Lloyds during Circus. With over 150 games on my machine, it has never fed to the tower drop lanes once. Hence my post, I would like to see if Lloyds game doing this is the norm. It is a fantastic feeling shot when you make it, so from an owners perspective, it will be nice to figure out how to tweak the game for optimum frequency.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MnHotRod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-left-orbit-shot-back-to-tower-drop-lanes?tu=MnHotRod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.