image-553.jpg
image-226.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3489.jpg
IMG_3488.JPG
TWD Head Tank.jpg
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 years ago

I'm so jealous of all you Canadians getting your LE's first. I live 20 minutes from the factory, and mine is nowhere in sight ...

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I thought it was going to be a limited run of 250?

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

... pissed as well to find out it is a translite not a real backglass....thought the le was suppose to be a backglass???

Why do you think it's a translite? According to the feature matrix, the LE comes with an "Exclusive Limited Edition The Walking Dead mirrored backglass". If this is not the case, they are going to have some pretty pissed off customers.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

It appears to be a translate with mirroring

You have one in your possession and have verified it's a translite?

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

It is almost like a trans stuck to the glass...you can peal it up but you can tell there is something causing it to stick. Definitely not what I would consider a real backglass ...

Wow! Stern has some nerve pulling this shit. This is the last NIB machine I ever order from them.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

STLE is the same

Is it? I've never looked at mine closely, but I always assumed it was a real backglass. Why the hell do they even bother calling it a "backglass" then, if it isn't? Also, how long have they been pulling this con on us? I know for an absolute fact that my LOTR LE had a real backglass.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I like the extra zombie head under the BG ramp but you can't see it, needs to bit lit up, what the hell.

Fortunately, this is something that can be easily remedied by the clever modding community. I'm sure someone will eventually come up with a solution that ties into the software and only illuminates it at the appropriate times.

#134 9 years ago

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with, Gio.

#136 9 years ago

Got a call from my distributor today. My game shipped. Will have tracking info tomorrow.

#138 9 years ago

I honestly have no idea. Guess I'll be surprised.

#151 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I think it is different....last couple to hopefully help clear it up. Don't want to peel any further in fear of damage and it would be outside the trim.

Thanks, Justin! The fact that you can see the clear glass when you peel it away proves that the backglass itself is not silk screened. It's definitely a translite. Very disappointing. It seems like Stern is continuously coming up with new ways to nickle and dime us.

TWD LE backglass.jpgTWD LE backglass.jpg

#158 9 years ago

Ultimately, all that matters is if it looks good or not. I just don't think Stern should be using the word "backglass" in their marketing materials to differentiate the LE from the pro. It's misleading.

#160 9 years ago

It's the keeping customers in the dark that bugs me the most. How hard would it be for someone from Stern to issue a statement such as:

"It has come to our attention that there is some confusion over our new metallic backglass process. While the LE does not feature a real silkscreened backglass in the traditional sense, it is indeed different than the standard translite that is used on the pro. Let me elaborate ..."

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I'm surprised you're surprised that Stern is nickling and dime you.

Oh, I'm not surprised. I'm just annoyed.

#166 9 years ago

Just got off the phone with the shipping company. Mine will be here on Monday.

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Sonuvab!tch!

I called, since it's now 5pm and at that point they scheduled me to be delivered MONDAY! So my game is going to sit at their hub from 3am today when it arrived until Monday now.

You think that's annoying. My game has been sitting at the hub since it was picked up from Stern yesterday afternoon. Like yours, mine is not being delivered until Monday. In my case, however, I only live about twenty minutes from the Stern factory. The game is actually now much further away from my house than when it was built.

#228 9 years ago

Mine is currently out for delivery. According to tracking, I am the second stop.

#232 9 years ago

#293 is in the house (well technically it's in my garage) ...

TWD LE #293.jpgTWD LE #293.jpg
#235 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I also prefer the Metallica backbox latch system to having to install bolts. I don't often put the backbox down, so it's a bit nitpicky, but just giving my thoughts right out of the box.

None of the new games use the old latching system. It appears that Stern has completely shifted to the new system ever since they redesigned the backbox.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

1) Bicycle Girl is completely unable to be seen, what a waste. I'll look forward to Pinball Refinery fixing that. Why no spotlights? Met has 4, TWD has 0. Seems odd especially given how dark it is. Didn't anyone at Stern notice that you can't see what's under the ramp?

Yeah, they really dropped the ball on this. All it really needs is a spotlight on bicycle girl that lights up when the ramp goes up. Shoudln't be too hard to implement. Another option would be a head that glows from within.

Quoted from n0s4atu:

2) As many have mentioned air balls off the left ramp.

I only had this happen once in about ten games.

Quoted from n0s4atu:

3) For whatever reason this game has some really wicked glare on it. PDI or Invisiglass seems like a must have.

Absolutely! After one game, I grabbed a piece of PDI from one of my other pins and swapped it with the glass that came with my TWD LE. Huge difference.

Overall, I'm really digging the game. It's got some awesome music, and it's a very fun and difficult game to shoot. I liked the pro when I played it at Expo, but the LE is a nice improvement. The crossbow is actually damn cool, and I really like the Woodbury drop target and spinner. The well walker magnet doesn't seem to do too much yet, but it's an added bonus. Any fears about the LE backglass were completely unwarranted. It looks great in person, whether the game is on or off. I also like the rust colored armor. I think it fits nicely with the artwork. The game looks fantastic! This is easily one of the best art packages Stern has ever done.

My only real complaint, at this point, would be a lack of voices clips from the show. I guess we just have to accept the fact that this simply isn't going to happen. I assume it was for budgetary reasons, but I think Stern made the wrong call. That being said, the callouts aren't nearly as bad as I had feared, and they actually grow on you once you play the game for a while. I've come to think of it as a game that takes place within the Walking Dead universe, but not necessarily within the same world as the TV show.

#260 9 years ago

By the way, my game was built on Halloween. I love that!

#261 9 years ago

I almost forgot. When I first plugged the game in, the only thing that lit up was the backglass. No DMD, and no playfield lights. I almost shit a brick. Luckily, it was an easy fix. One of the main power couplings below the playfield was loose. I clicked it back together, and all was well with thew world again.

#272 9 years ago

The PDI glass eliminates 90% of the backglass reflection from the player's perspective.

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Where did you order it from?

Quoted from n0s4atu:

Only one place, pinballdecals.com

Correct. Joey is the only distributor of Roman's glass in the US. The other option would be Invisiglass, which is a JJP product. I have both types of glass on my machines, but I slightly prefer PDI.

#287 9 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the level of the shaker? Mine seems like it is set a bit too high. The whole machine rumbles and shakes much more than any of my other Sterns (AC/DC, ST, and Tron).

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Do you guys have the new shakers that ground through J16 in the back box SAM board?

I honestly don't know. How can you tell? It looks like all the other shakers I've installed. It came with a wire harness that connects in three different places. One goes into the shaker motor board, one goes to a 1-pin female molex connector near the coin door, and the other goes to a 1-pin female molex connector that was coming out of the backbox. I didn't follow it to see where in the back box it went to, since it was already run down into the cabinet from the factory.

The installation instructions that came with it say "Optional Shaker Motor Kit 502-5027-00 Rev B".

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I was going through all the settings and the factory setting for shaker is high, you can adjust it down.

Quoted from Hazoff:

That dictates the amount its used not the strength of the effect.

Unless I missed something in the menus, I believe Hazoff is correct. You can adjust how often the shaker is used, but not its strength. I think the default setting is something like "Maximal Use".

#327 9 years ago

I'm going to check on my game right now. How do you enable to crossbow again?

#330 9 years ago

Okay, I just tested it thoroughly. There is no way in hell the ball is making it up that left ramp from the crossbow. It simply doesn't have enough velocity. On my game, the ball lands before the ramp, bounces off the playfield, goes partially up the ramp, and then comes right back down. I am able to make the right ramp no problem.

In my opinion, the game needs to be re-coded so that the ramp is always automatically raised during the crossbow shot, and BG becomes the target you are aiming for. This is not an ideal solution, but I don't see how this problem can be fixed any other way. If you put a stronger coil in, I'd worry that plastics are going to start breaking all over the place.

#334 9 years ago

You're right you did make that shot in the below video. I think that was a one in a million shot but if you can consistently make it please let us know how?

Very interesting. He made it on the back swing. I hadn't actually tried that. Perhaps it is easier that way? Heading back to my machine.

#336 9 years ago

Nope. Same result. A perfect shot only makes it up to about the end of the lift ramp. frolic's game must be shooting the ball with a lot more velocity.

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I did make the left ramp today from the bow so it is possible to do

Interesting. It's definitely not possible on mine, and it sounds like it's not possible on other people's machines as well. I wonder if there is something wrong with our crossbow mechs. When the ball is sitting in the crossbow, is it supposed to be resting on the plunger? On my game, there is a half inch gap.

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I just moved the right weight on the Shaker 90 degree's opposite of the left, that's the only option given and it works very well for those of you not liking the rattling it causes on TWD.

Great to hear. What tools are needed to adjust the weight? Can it be done while the shaker is still in the game? I'd hate to remove it after I already Loctited it in there.

#351 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I would definitely try to fix that 1/2 gap between the ball and plunger. That can definitely have an impact on how much velocity the ball has when hit by the plunger.

Yes, I'll have to look at the mech more closely to see what's going on. I was first trying to determine if the gap was normal or not. I assume it's supposed to be like it is on AC/DC cannon, where the ball rests directly on the plunger.

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Anyone have any ideas why the crossbow would just auto fire at the end of it's sweep to the right? Or why it sometimes doesn't move out of it's resting place, waits a few seconds and just fires the ball while it's there?

Sounds like it might be a flaky switch.

#356 9 years ago

I just examined my crossbow closely. The only thing I can think of that might be causing the weak shots is the way in which the ball lays against the plunger. The plunger is making contact with the ball well above center (see photos). This may be inhibiting the full transfer of power. If this is indeed the cause of the problem, I'm not sure the best way to go about fixing it.

Crossbow #1.JPGCrossbow #1.JPG Crossbow #2.JPGCrossbow #2.JPG
#359 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You could take the big washer and grind it down? Lowering the center point on the ball.

I don't think the washer really affects the height of the plunger. It just serves as a stop to prevent the plunger from moving further forward. I need to either figure out a way to change the angle of the coil itself, or raise the ball. For those of you with weak crossbows, does yours look the same as mine?

#361 9 years ago

Do you mind taking a Picture of the back of the coil on the crossbow? I think mine is missing parts.

No problem. I just need to figure out where I put my damn camera ...

#364 9 years ago

I just had my camera 30 minutes ago when I took those photos of mine. Now I can't find it anywhere. Incredibly frustrating!

#366 9 years ago

I'm going to start another thread specifically about the crossbow.

#368 9 years ago

New thread started here ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-can-you-make-the-left-ramp-from-the-crossbow#post-2039369

Please post all left ramp crossbow discussion to this new thread. Still looking for my camera.

#392 9 years ago

If you are an LE owner and haven't already done so, please make sure to vote in the left ramp/ crossbow poll. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-can-you-make-the-left-ramp-from-the-crossbow

#422 9 years ago

For all you new guys getting your games this week, don't forget to vote in this poll ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-can-you-make-the-left-ramp-from-the-crossbow

#473 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Cross bow is also a piece of crap. Ball does not load well and it does no make the shots.

There is much discussion about the crossbow over here ...

#480 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

There are two screws in the plastic above the magnet,just loosen them and move the magnet back a few mm,you will see what I mean when you get to it,really help a lot and the ball just fly past and into the bow after the adjustment

I don't think Hwawonyu is having a problem with the diverter magnet. In his case, it's the crossbow itself that isn't loading properly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-what-did-you-get?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.