image-553.jpg
image-226.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3489.jpg
IMG_3488.JPG
TWD Head Tank.jpg
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG
There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
#401 9 years ago

I am located in GA...thought it might be shipping this week...

#402 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

the real question is how did your sons interview go? Did he make it in?

He spoke with 3 members of the military, Maggie Hassan and/or Carol Porter were no shows, and they lost his paperwork!

They spoke with him for an hour and asked him a bunch of questions about what he hoped to gain in the Air Force. He said he was interested in a nasa position with space exploration potential and they reviewed his grades and flying experience. They were very impressed. He will know in a few weeks whether his nomination was accepted or not.

My son got the gist that the whole situation was cobbled together due to recent elections screwing everything up, he wasn't impressed with the interviewers.

#403 9 years ago

Wow sounds like a mess of an interview on the militaries part

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah. He's been working so hard for this. He's got a letter of recommendation from the director of safety at the academy and the dean of NH schools. Hope it's enough. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to your son. The academy's are a great way to get your education.

My daughter got an appointment last year to Annapolis. She ended up declining the appt for an ROTC scholarship since the major she wanted wasn't a focus at the academies. But, you can't go wrong at Annapolis, West Point or the Air Force academy. Awesome to see young people stepping up and going service.

#405 9 years ago

We will know in 2 weeks.

Anyhoo, got ColorDmd ordered, Pinballife topper, and other ramp and Woodbury lights. Excited!

#406 9 years ago

What's other ramp with Woodbury lights?

#407 9 years ago

Bicycle girl light up and flasher kit from Mezelmods.

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Bicycle girl light up and flasher kit from Mezelmods.

Oh ok, I thought it was something new on the right ramp. Cool

#409 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh ok, I thought it was something new on the right ramp. Cool

Yeah, was poorly describing two seperate mods there. My bad.

Can't wait for smoothing graphics of ColorDmd. Sigma display is friggen killer!

Btw, just a note, lost my GI lamps, found loose connector at board in head.

#410 9 years ago

Where is the Mezel BG light mod? Nodleyiab's BG light mod looks awesome

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Where is the Mezel BG light mod? Nodleyiab's BG light mod looks awesome

So far Nodleyiab's is the best I've seen, love the stuff pin ref does but this guy really made a great mod for the BG. That's the one I'm getting thus far, need to see the Mezel version.

#412 9 years ago

You guys have a link to this awesome backglass mod?

#413 9 years ago

What backglass mod?

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What backglass mod?

His bg light mod Hazoff. Nodleyiab's??

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You guys have a link to this awesome backglass mod?

Here is a link to the mod:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twdle-bicycle-girl-light

I didn't know Mezel made one. What does it look like?

#416 9 years ago

Sorry BG meaning BGirl, QGrabber posted the link.

#417 9 years ago

Here is a link to the mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twdle-bicycle-girl-light
I didn't know Mezel made one. What does it look like?

Sorry, it's pinball refinery. Actually pretty cool. Light choices available. It's in their store . Won't let me post a link on my iphone.

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Sorry, it's pinball refinery. Actually pretty cool. Light choices available. It's in their store . Won't let me post a link on my iphone.

Ok nevermind the link. I already bought the Pinball Refinery BG light kit before Nodleyiab's was posted. So I am also buying Nodleyiab's kit because IMO it looks a bit better and I will find another place to put the Refinery one.

#419 9 years ago

Number 65 is alive. Just unboxed yesterday. Was worried when the balls started jamming in the ball trough on the second game - but it turned out to just be a loose t-nut floating around in the trough. It's all good. What a blast this game is!! Looking forward to a fix for the left ramp though. I'm amazed that the ball can make it around with the jump it has to take as it transitions from the moving ramp to the stationary section.

#420 9 years ago
Quoted from blueman01:

Number 65 is alive. Just unboxed yesterday. Was worried when the balls started jamming in the ball trough on the second game - but it turned out to just be a loose t-nut floating around in the trough. It's all good. What a blast this game is!! Looking forward to a fix for the left ramp though. I'm amazed that the ball can make it around with the jump it has to take as it transitions from the moving ramp to the stationary section.

You got the # right after Frolic's. The exact same thing happened to me with the t-nut stuck in the through after the first game. Except I wasn't as smart as you and I called Stern and they told me to take the apron off and take a look

#421 9 years ago

I'm #66 Playdium gets low numbers it looks like. I remember even the WOZ was in the store pretty fast, Hope The Hobbit LE I have on order comes quickly as well. This game is so great, I try to go back now and play STTNG or DM and its tough, I mean STLE had that effect but not like this.

#422 9 years ago

For all you new guys getting your games this week, don't forget to vote in this poll ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-can-you-make-the-left-ramp-from-the-crossbow

#423 9 years ago

Got the call from the trucking company today. My TWD LE will be here tomorrow !!!

#424 9 years ago

You got the # right after Frolic's. The exact same thing happened to me with the t-nut stuck in the through after the first game. Except I wasn't as smart as you and I called Stern and they told me to take the apron off and take a look

I'll admit it took me a minute to figure out how to remove the apron. This is my first modern day Stern pin and I was surprised when there were no screws holding the apron into the playfield hangers. Screws under the score cards - the first of many new learning experiences I'm sure. As I was putting the score cards back in I was thinking - I wonder if anyone has done nice score cards yet?

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm #66 Playdium gets low numbers it looks like. I remember even the WOZ was in the store pretty fast, Hope The Hobbit LE I have on order comes quickly as well. This game is so great, I try to go back now and play STTNG or DM and its tough, I mean STLE had that effect but not like this.

Twd le made me like my ST pro even more and visa versa. I'm new to pins n those 2 are my 1st 2 pins

I see the differences in style of games. I love them.

I do wonder how stern distributes their machines.

#426 9 years ago

Just unboxed this bad boy! And got a handful of games on it so far and here is my early review.

I think the artwork is great on the LE, both the cab and the play field and I even like the armor.

The only thing wrong with mine out of the box was that the DMD connector wasn't "connected" to the mother board.

The sound. Wow, I haven't picked up a new Stern since Ac/dc and they have upgraded the sound X 10. I love it!

The layout is super, just enough difference to potentially make this pin really special when the Lyman gets the ruleset done and the rules aren't horrible out of the box.

Like everybody else has said, its a totally immersive pin. The music, lighting, callouts (which aren't as bad as advertised) all brings you into the show.

Love the ramps and crossbow shot. I made it up the ramp easily two times so far, although that left ramp is a steep mofo.

I have had very few SDTM drains, surprisingly few, and the outlanes haven't killed me either yet.

I wish they would have done something special with the prison yard but as it stands right now with the magnet and the lighting its still damn good!

I'll come back with more later, want to put some more time into it. All in all, I think this one is going to be better than SM. A ton of flow, and a ton of shots to make off of the MB modes.

And no, the ball does NOT stay up in the pops on my set up, Ac/dc is much worse for that so far.

Yes it makes you want to keep pushing the start button!

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just unboxed this bad boy! And got a handful of games on it so far and here is my early review.
I think the artwork is great on the LE, both the cab and the play field and I even like the armor.
The only thing wrong with mine out of the box was that the DMD connector wasn't "connected" to the mother board.
The sound. Wow, I haven't picked up a new Stern since Ac/dc and they have upgraded the sound X 10. I love it!
The layout is super, just enough difference to potentially make this pin really special when the Lyman gets the ruleset done and the rules aren't horrible out of the box.
Like everybody else has said, its a totally immersive pin. The music, lighting, callouts (which aren't as bad as advertised) all brings you into the show.
Love the ramps and crossbow shot. I made it up the ramp easily two times so far, although that left ramp is a steep mofo.
I have had very few SDTM drains, surprisingly few, and the outlanes haven't killed me either yet.
I wish they would have done something special with the prison yard but as it stands right now with the magnet and the lighting its still damn good!
I'll come back with more later, want to put some more time into it. All in all, I think this one is going to be better than SM. A ton of flow, and a ton of shots to make off of the MB modes.
And no, the ball does NOT stay up in the pops on my set up, Ac/dc is much worse for that so far.
Yes it makes you want to keep pushing the start button!

So you got the LE Ice? For some unknown reason I thought you decided on the Pro instead.

Game is good, very good. Dare I say Tron LE immersive. Borg is definately designing out of the box for this title.

Glad you're happy so far with the LE bro!

Once Lyman and team get the rules polished, game will be a serious contender for any collector's top spot.

#428 9 years ago

Has anyone made any adjustments to the Woodbury shot? I get a lot of bounce outs from that shot, like 80% bounce outs. Is there a tweak for this?

#429 9 years ago

None yet for me QG. Lots of Bicycle Girl ramp bounce outs though. Gotta get a shield on top of that ramp, like a hood.

#430 9 years ago

Yeah...Stop hitting it so hard

#431 9 years ago

When I shoot the Woodbury shot it goes half way in, hits something, then rolls back out.

#432 9 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Got the call from the trucking company today. My TWD LE will be here tomorrow !!!

Mine too.

#433 9 years ago

When I shoot the Woodbury shot it goes half way in, hits something, then rolls back out.

That's what she said

#434 9 years ago

You guys are going to love it i think!

Yeah Rick, I'm LE all the way.

Ok, yes I know its honeymoon time but I hated Lotr LE out of the box and I love this one, its right down my alley.

Absolute great flow and the COMBO shots are awesome! Obviously I love the theme and that makes a huge difference, so far I couldn't be any happier!

Update on the crossbow shot, easily made left ramp a few more times.

#435 9 years ago

Boy has the tone changed in this game in a month. Just goes to show that early videos and speculation mean squat.

#436 9 years ago

335 arrived today. Will unbox tomorrow and report on the BG ramp issue.

#437 9 years ago

What a game!!

#438 9 years ago

I'll update when my topper and all my mods show up. Gonna be one f**k of a Thanksgiving!!

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'll update when my topper and all my mods show up. Gonna be one f**k of a Thanksgiving!!

When is the F ing topper gonna show up? Is that the Stern one? Do you know the dimensions for topper, getting Andras to do dust cover.

#440 9 years ago

The left loop shot screams around the table and sets up for some great combos. The unique thing about the layout is the varied distance to each shot. From right to left, just a little farther on each shot, genius.

Perfect length and steepness of the left ramp. Just left of the prison barn and around the back flies out of those pops and is super tight.

Woodbury shot reminds me of Crystal Ball on Woz.

And the Well Walker, my biggest fear initially, distance and size is perfect, Borg fixed what he F ed up on Xmen! And hitting that fat bastard is cool.

The callouts! Oh yeah, I love em at this stage. Redneck fits right in with the theme, some funny shit and only going to get a whole lot better.

"There's a shitload of points on those ramps".

The DMD animation. As much as I HATE "dots" its pretty freaking great. Some nice gore so far.

Only thing so far, Bicycle Girl lighting is a JOKE

#441 9 years ago

Btw, the idiots that have rated this down at 65 are well, IDIOTS, and obviously have some kind of stupid agenda when you are throwing 1's and 2's at it.

What a F ing joke! You lose...........

#442 9 years ago

I got my Laseriffic mods in today and installed them. And for anyone wondering the Woodbury mod fits the LE just fine

IMG_1254.JPGIMG_1254.JPG

IMG_1255.JPGIMG_1255.JPG

IMG_1263.JPGIMG_1263.JPG

IMG_1259.JPGIMG_1259.JPG

IMG_1260.JPGIMG_1260.JPG

#443 9 years ago

Sweet mods QG, really like both of those!

#444 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Btw, the idiots that have rated this down at 65 are well, IDIOTS, and obviously have some kind of stupid agenda when you are throwing 1's and 2's at it.
What a F ing joke! You lose...........

Well said, I think the moderators need to make these dickheads who give pins 1 and 2 out of 10 justify there rating. I mean I didn't like Tron but it was still pinball and fun for a while, same with XmenLE and AVLE, how the hell do give a 1 to something unless it slept with your wife or stole your wallet. Dickheads.

#445 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sweet mods QG, really like both of those!

Thanks man!

#446 9 years ago

The Woodbury sign looks great,
Just thinking here, could a light be fitted behind the sign, when Woodbury insert flashes so does sign

#447 9 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

The Woodbury sign looks great,
Just thinking here, could a light be fitted behind the sign, when Woodbury insert flashes so does sign

Ha I was thinking the same thing. When I was installing the "survivors inside" mod I had the Woodbury sign sitting on the colour changing LED for the "fire" button and the sign looked amazing changing all those colours. The LED light evenly disperses throughout the sign, looked really good.

#448 9 years ago

Ninja Scroll, nice Hazoff! A classic and one of my favourites.

#449 9 years ago

I'm not sure how you justify a 1 or 2 on any pin. It's pinball for crying out loud!

We need some VIP passes on TWD, I keep wanting to hit that fire button to save the multi balls

#450 9 years ago

I put a Green Led in the Woodbury insert, suits it, Only because it say Welcome To Woodbury

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 26.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 8.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-what-did-you-get/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.