Topic Stats

• 511 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by wellarmed
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 60 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2014-12-22 15.42.49.jpg
image.jpg
V__E784.jpg
V__4F3E.jpg
20141211_213044.jpg
DSC_0090.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image-553.jpg
image-226.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3489.jpg
IMG_3488.JPG
TWD Head Tank.jpg
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I would definitely try to fix that 1/2 gap between the ball and plunger. That can definitely have an impact on how much velocity the ball has when hit by the plunger.

Yes, I'll have to look at the mech more closely to see what's going on. I was first trying to determine if the gap was normal or not. I assume it's supposed to be like it is on AC/DC cannon, where the ball rests directly on the plunger.

#352 5 years ago

Anyone have any ideas why the crossbow would just auto fire at the end of it's sweep to the right? Or why it sometimes doesn't move out of it's resting place, waits a few seconds and just fires the ball while it's there?

Seems like I may have to call Stern. Metallica has been hassle free since the day it arrived from Hemi. Definitely makes me wish I'd had the patience to wait on a Refinery Edition LE, but I couldn't stand waiting even one extra day.

#353 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Anyone have any ideas why the crossbow would just auto fire at the end of it's sweep to the right? Or why it sometimes doesn't move out of it's resting place, waits a few seconds and just fires the ball while it's there?

Sounds like it might be a flaky switch.

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Seems like I may have to call Stern. Metallica has been hassle free since the day it arrived from Hemi. Definitely makes me wish I'd had the patience to wait on a Refinery Edition LE, but I couldn't stand waiting even one extra day.

All part of owning a machine on day 1.

#355 5 years ago

Trying to see the glass as half full, when the switch wasn't being flaky and the crossbow worked as it should I did manage to fire it up the left ramp successfully. As mentioned I did wait for it to make a full sweep and then head back.

#356 5 years ago

I just examined my crossbow closely. The only thing I can think of that might be causing the weak shots is the way in which the ball lays against the plunger. The plunger is making contact with the ball well above center (see photos). This may be inhibiting the full transfer of power. If this is indeed the cause of the problem, I'm not sure the best way to go about fixing it.

Crossbow #1.JPG Crossbow #2.JPG
#357 5 years ago

I think the switch under the fire button needs adjustment right out of the box. Mine was not making contact when the button was pushed... that in turn made the crossbow not fire right. Also messed up entering high scores and plunging the ball. After playing with the leaf switch it made it better. Still need to adjust it a little more.

#358 5 years ago

You could take the big washer and grind it down? Lowering the center point on the ball.

#359 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You could take the big washer and grind it down? Lowering the center point on the ball.

I don't think the washer really affects the height of the plunger. It just serves as a stop to prevent the plunger from moving further forward. I need to either figure out a way to change the angle of the coil itself, or raise the ball. For those of you with weak crossbows, does yours look the same as mine?

#360 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just examined my crossbow closely. The only thing I can think of that might be causing the weak shots is the way in which the ball lays against the plunger. The plunger is making contact with the ball well above center (see photos). This may be inhibiting the full transfer of power. If this is indeed the cause of the problem, I'm not sure the best way to go about fixing it.

Crossbow #1.JPG 182 KB

Crossbow #2.JPG 170 KB

Do you mind taking a Picture of the back of the coil on the crossbow? I think mine is missing parts.

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Do you mind taking a Picture of the back of the coil on the crossbow? I think mine is missing parts.

No problem. I just need to figure out where I put my damn camera ...

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No problem. I just need to figure out where I put my damn camera ...

just above the flippers facing the apron. The crossbow is all exposed on that side.

#363 5 years ago

I'm definitely missing the plastic sleeve between the coil and the metal washer.

#364 5 years ago

I just had my camera 30 minutes ago when I took those photos of mine. Now I can't find it anywhere. Incredibly frustrating!

#365 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just had my camera 30 minutes ago when I took those photos of mine. Now I can't find it anywhere. Incredibly frustrating!

LOL, happens to me ALL the time.

#366 5 years ago

I'm going to start another thread specifically about the crossbow.

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm going to start another thread specifically about the crossbow.

Good idea. Please don't forget my pic though.

#368 5 years ago

New thread started here ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-can-you-make-the-left-ramp-from-the-crossbow#post-2039369

Please post all left ramp crossbow discussion to this new thread. Still looking for my camera.

#369 5 years ago

Just curious, anyone interested in a different model for the well walker stand. I know its ties in with the mode and all that but for me I would rather have a smaller (only slightly) more detailed figure, wouldn't bother me if it didn't look like a well walker. Its so early but man the mod possibilities are through the roof with this pin. I hope modders start making kits of zombies figures to go around the playfield and would love some kind of insert colour changers so the white light can be modified. I think there is a gel or something one can buy to alter it. This pin is kicking my ass, love it.

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I went the opposite ice and asked for the last one made .

So i did with transformers le and got #500.

#371 5 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

I think #1 or #2 goes to the studio or director .

Gary has started keeping all of the #1s, I have#2

#372 5 years ago

I know where BIB LE #1 is and it's not Gary.

#373 5 years ago

Angus Young ?^^^

#374 5 years ago

image.jpg

What's this in my garage??

#375 5 years ago

A lawn mower?

#376 5 years ago

if you build it (or ask Stern to), it will come

#377 5 years ago

#378 5 years ago

Snow thrower behind that annoying box. Sorry, I'll take a better pic of the snow thrower later.

Now to open her up, and give feedback on QC issues.

( hopefully none).

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Snow thrower behind that annoying box. Sorry, I'll take a better pic of the snow thrower later.
Now to open her up, and give feedback on QC issues.
( hopefully none).

Did you get # 24?

#380 5 years ago

#381 5 years ago

You fought hard for this theme. What do you think of the results?

#382 5 years ago

Yeah Rick, what do you think, that box has been re strapped by the drivers, they obviously have been playing it on the truck for the last several days!

Congrats dude, give us the low down on your thoughts.

#383 5 years ago

You fought hard for this theme. What do you think of the results?

So far it looks , uhm, cardboardy.

Just moved box into the house. Will unbox this weekend. I'm excited and apprehensive.
Kinda feels like a long quest is almost over.

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Will unbox this weekend.

I don't understand, how are you not unboxing it right now? Pull it out of the box, set it up, and get busy! No time for "apprehensive"......

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't understand, how are you not unboxing it right now? Pull it out of the box, set it up, and get busy! No time for "apprehensive"......

My son has a meeting with gov Carol Shea Porter tomorrow, for acceptance into the Air Force Academy, so fam is kinda focusing on that just for now. 8-0

Silly life. Interruptin' ma pinball time!!!! Right?!

#386 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

My son has a meeting with gov Carol Shea Porter tomorrow, for acceptance into the Air Force Academy, so fam is kinda focusing on that just for now. 8-0

Good luck to your son! More difficult to get into then any Ivy League school.

#387 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Good luck to your son! More difficult to get into then any Ivy League school.

Yeah. He's been working so hard for this. He's got a letter of recommendation from the director of safety at the academy and the dean of NH schools. Hope it's enough. Fingers crossed.

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Ok, we will let you slide for that, this one time only! GL with AFA

#389 5 years ago

Well if your son gets in there's no better way to celebrate then to crack that TWDLE box open

#390 5 years ago

Well if your son gets in there's no better way to celebrate then to crack that TWDLE box open

Agreed. Besides, I got a shit ton o folks coming up for turkey day and they ALL wanna eat food and bash Walkers. Life is sooooo good.

#391 5 years ago

So I know I am not an especially gifted player but man .....this game is tough.

#392 5 years ago

If you are an LE owner and haven't already done so, please make sure to vote in the left ramp/ crossbow poll. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-can-you-make-the-left-ramp-from-the-crossbow

#393 5 years ago

Number 322 is finally in the house. Thanks JJ!

Gonna be a LONG night at work waiting to come home and set it up...

20141114_123301.jpg

#394 5 years ago

#486, born on Nov 11th.

Up the left ramp, flies right into the glass.

#395 5 years ago
Quoted from robbo105:

#486, born on Nov 11th.
Up the left ramp, flies right into the glass.

My left ramp was giving me problems at first but after I blitz waxed my playfield and ramps, haven't had an air ball since.

#396 5 years ago

I got mine setup. Minor leveling, I got lucky out of the box.

My son got 162 million first game , got crossbow mode, made lh ramp no issues.

Added shaker and got other mods coming for it. Lit Woodbury and lit wellwalker light kits.

Topper soon, yada yada. :p

Game is fast and sweet! Very pleased. Next big update coming down the pipe will put this title over the top!

Rick.

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I got mine setup

where did you get yours?? Still waiting for my machine!..

p

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

p

I got mine from JJ. Where you located Perry?

#399 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I got mine setup. Minor leveling, I got lucky out of the box.
My son got 162 million first game , got crossbow mode, made lh ramp no issues.
Added shaker and got other mods coming for it. Lit Woodbury and lit wellwalker light kits.
Topper soon, yada yada. :p
Game is fast and sweet! Very pleased. Next big update coming down the pipe will put this title over the top!
Rick.

the real question is how did your sons interview go? Did he make it in?

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

p

I'm still waiting as well! Are they even on the line? I would think they have all been made by now?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Park, PA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
8,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside