image-553.jpg
image-226.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3489.jpg
IMG_3488.JPG
TWD Head Tank.jpg
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG
There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Should be adjustments in Feature Settings, although it sounds like the adjustments may not be working (software issue). If you turn it down to minimum and don't notice any change, it's likely a software issue. Changing the settings should be noticeable.

That dictates the amount its used not the strength of the effect. I like shakers but even on STLE would rather have it weaker. I'm going to try some things today, post results later.

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I was going through all the settings and the factory setting for shaker is high, you can adjust it down.

Quoted from Hazoff:

That dictates the amount its used not the strength of the effect.

Unless I missed something in the menus, I believe Hazoff is correct. You can adjust how often the shaker is used, but not its strength. I think the default setting is something like "Maximal Use".

#303 9 years ago

My understanding with shakers is that you adjust the strength by moving the weights that can be loosened via a set screw. Shorter arm length = less effect. I've never changed any of mine but seems simple enough.

#304 9 years ago

I was just in there and Hazoff and gweempose you guys are correct.

I'm getting a "check switch 60" error and my crossbow definitely doesn't seem to be working properly. I pulled the glass and finally was able to trigger it and it loaded and then didn't move and just fired the ball while in place. The second time I was able to get it to do it, it swung out and auto fired it when it reached the end of it's arc on the right of the playfield. Is it supposed to auto fire?

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

tonylo909 said:
My daughter says get the #171 and I will respect her wishes, unless the box is damaged, then all bets are off!!!

I think your daughter is right. 171 has a better ring to it.

sorry,

I got #171 today

#306 9 years ago

Not seeing a way to adjust anything on the shaker itself. There are small Allen wrench type screws but I couldn't move them at all and I have the strength of ten psychotic sailors on steroids so please if anyone knows a way post it. I just turned it off for now. Thanks

#307 9 years ago

#188 is heading my way! Can't wait

#308 9 years ago

Well, something's off with my crossbow. Half the time it seems to "stick" and not be able to move out. On top of that, I don't think my launch button was hitting the switch, it wasn't until I pulled it off and pressed it with my finger I could actually shoot it myself.

#309 9 years ago

I went the opposite ice and asked for the last one made .

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I went the opposite ice and asked for the last one made .

Did they say they'd give you 600? That would be very cool indeed.

#311 9 years ago

TWDLE No. 234 Arrival in Phoenix Arizona on Monday November 10, 2014.....Stepwise unloading, unboxing, set-up steps and finally in the line-up...... Great game!!

The only thing lame of this great game are the call outs. I wonder if the 1 (900) XXX-XXXX girls could be hired to voice over the call-outs on the TWDLE and METLE? Any you folks know a lady that has the appealing vocal talent? Please direct to Stern ASAP. I will donate today.

What is next??? Star Wars? Pink Floyd? Stern, include the shaker motor in the LE's next time and give yourself some Karma at the same time...K?TWDLEArrival1.jpgTWDLEArrival1.jpgTWDLEArrival2.jpgTWDLEArrival2.jpgTWDLEArrival3.jpgTWDLEArrival3.jpgTWDLEArrival4.jpgTWDLEArrival4.jpgTWDLEArrival5.jpgTWDLEArrival5.jpgTWDLEArrival6.jpgTWDLEArrival6.jpgTWDLEArrival7.jpgTWDLEArrival7.jpgTWDLEArrival8.jpgTWDLEArrival8.jpgTWDLEArrival9.jpgTWDLEArrival9.jpgTWDLEArrival10.jpgTWDLEArrival10.jpgTWDLEArrival11.jpgTWDLEArrival11.jpgTWDLEArrival12.jpgTWDLEArrival12.jpgTWDLEArrival13.jpgTWDLEArrival13.jpg

#312 9 years ago

No the highest JJ had one was 5?? Did not write mine down so not sure. Guess I should care but I don't

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

TWDLE No. 234 Arrival in Phoenix Arizona on Monday November 10, 2014.....Stepwise unloading, unboxing, set-up steps and finally in the line-up...... Great game!!
The only thing lame of this great game are the call outs. I wonder if the 1 (900) XXX-XXXX girls could be hired to voice over the call-outs on the TWDLE and METLE? Any you folks know a lady that has the appealing vocal talent? Please direct to Stern ASAP. I will donate today.
What is next??? Star Wars? Pink Floyd? Stern, include the shaker motor in the LE's next time and give yourself some Karma at the same time...K?

TWDLEArrival1.jpg 9 KB

TWDLEArrival2.jpg 8 KB

TWDLEArrival3.jpg 9 KB

TWDLEArrival4.jpg 9 KB

TWDLEArrival5.jpg 7 KB

TWDLEArrival6.jpg 7 KB

TWDLEArrival7.jpg 9 KB

TWDLEArrival8.jpg 13 KB

TWDLEArrival9.jpg 15 KB

TWDLEArrival10.jpg 16 KB

TWDLEArrival11.jpg 15 KB

TWDLEArrival12.jpg 14 KB

TWDLEArrival13.jpg 9 KB

Holy crap Benetboy78! You musta REALLY wanted that pin. You obliterated that stern box!!

#314 9 years ago

Ok, for lack of a better place to post this issue, the button that fires my crossbow does not seem to work. Looks like it should be making the connection, but I removed it and it feels kind of rough to me. Could part of the button be broken off? Here's a pic just to confirm it is all in one piece.

Even without the lockbar in place my crossbow often doesn't swing out. Is there a way to adjust it? It seems completely random as to when it willor won't swing.

TWDCrossBowButton.jpgTWDCrossBowButton.jpg
#315 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

No the highest JJ had one was 5?? Did not write mine down so not sure. Guess I should care but I don't

One of the distributors requested 600...can't remember which one though.

#316 9 years ago

Ok I'm having an issue with my LE. The ball will just not go up the bicycle girl ramp from the crossbow. Can anyone else make it up the BG ramp from the crossbow shot? Seems like there is not enough power in the crossbow to make the shot.

#317 9 years ago

Its impossible, I haven't been able to either. The angle is too high.

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its impossible, I haven't been able to either. The angle is too high.

Does that shot light up as a crossbow shot?

#319 9 years ago

Yeah, if the ramp is up due to BG mode then no problem hitting her with the crossbow shot but it wont make it up the ramp. It could be due to the plastic piece but I've never tried without that on.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does that shot light up as a crossbow shot?

Yes, it lights up and is a crossbow shot. But the crossbow is too weak to make the shot.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah, if the ramp is up due to BG mode then no problem hitting her with the crossbow shot but it wont make it up the ramp. It could be due to the plastic piece but I've never tried without that on.

It's not due to the plastic piece, I don't think so anyway. Mine hits the ramp square, goes half way up then comes down

#322 9 years ago

I can see that crossbow shot eventually breaking/cracking the ramp too because it hits it dead on, smack, and the ramp is so steep.

#323 9 years ago

I don't think its a question of power, the height of the crossbow causes the ball to hit the high angled ramp and simply bounce off, its a design flaw.

#324 9 years ago

Are we gonna have to upgrade the coil, I get mine friday and will confirm mine doesn't work either.

#325 9 years ago

Ok so it's not just me. It's a lit shot you can't shoot. Lame.

#326 9 years ago

Pretty sure I hit it on the LE video I made in another thread when I was demonstrating the crossbow.

#327 9 years ago

I'm going to check on my game right now. How do you enable to crossbow again?

#328 9 years ago

Listening to you guys is killing me! I'm having an unboxing party Saturday night and now I'm nervous that it'll turn into a repair party. Here's crossing my fingers.

#329 9 years ago

Hit the 3 drop targets when weapon is lit (I almost always seem to have to do it twice). Then the crossbow light comes on the right side ramp, fire it up there and it'll load the crossbow.

#330 9 years ago

Okay, I just tested it thoroughly. There is no way in hell the ball is making it up that left ramp from the crossbow. It simply doesn't have enough velocity. On my game, the ball lands before the ramp, bounces off the playfield, goes partially up the ramp, and then comes right back down. I am able to make the right ramp no problem.

In my opinion, the game needs to be re-coded so that the ramp is always automatically raised during the crossbow shot, and BG becomes the target you are aiming for. This is not an ideal solution, but I don't see how this problem can be fixed any other way. If you put a stronger coil in, I'd worry that plastics are going to start breaking all over the place.

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Okay, I just tested it thoroughly. There is no way in hell the ball is making it up that left ramp from the crossbow. It simply doesn't have enough velocity. On my game, the ball lands before the ramp, bounces off the playfield, goes partially up the ramp, and then comes right back down. I am able to make the right ramp no problem.

In my opinion, the game needs to be re-coded so that the ramp is always automatically raised during the crossbow shot, and BG becomes the target you are aiming for. This is not an ideal solution, but I don't see how this problem can be fixed any other way. If you put a stronger coil in, I'd worry that plastics are going to start breaking all over the place.

While not ideal, that sounds like a great idea.

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's a great idea. Having the BG ramp lift when the crossbow is activated Please listen Stern!

#333 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Pretty sure I hit it on the LE video I made in another thread when I was demonstrating the crossbow.

You're right you did make that shot in the below video. I think that was a one in a million shot but if you can consistently make it please let us know how?

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

You're right you did make that shot in the below video. I think that was a one in a million shot but if you can consistently make it please let us know how?

Very interesting. He made it on the back swing. I hadn't actually tried that. Perhaps it is easier that way? Heading back to my machine.

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Very interesting. He made it on the back swing. I hadn't actually tried that. Perhaps it is easier that way? Heading back to my machine.

I tried the back swing with no success. The shot is just impossible to make work.

#336 9 years ago

Nope. Same result. A perfect shot only makes it up to about the end of the lift ramp. frolic's game must be shooting the ball with a lot more velocity.

#337 9 years ago

Mine is the same way ,will not make the bg ramp

#338 9 years ago

I didn't get one, but the one I played at The Arcade in Brighton is #422.
It arrived on location on November 7th and had a build sticker on the back that read November 5th, 2014.

#339 9 years ago

Yeah, I ended up with #177. The driver had unloaded it and my Star Trek Pro and I did not figure it was that big of a deal. Loving both machines!

Quoted from ngg:

sorry,
I got #171 today

#340 9 years ago

Double pin day, have to luv that

#341 9 years ago

I did make the left ramp today from the bow so it is possible to do

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I did make the left ramp today from the bow so it is possible to do

Interesting. It's definitely not possible on mine, and it sounds like it's not possible on other people's machines as well. I wonder if there is something wrong with our crossbow mechs. When the ball is sitting in the crossbow, is it supposed to be resting on the plunger? On my game, there is a half inch gap.

#343 9 years ago

I made the left ramp with the arrow this morning, let it go all the way to the right first before shooting and it worked several times, all the shots seem easier by using this method.

#344 9 years ago

I emailed Stern and suggested the timing on the bow get improved. It is over way too quick and those shots are all a loooooong ways away to line up. Much more difficult than the acdc cannon.

#345 9 years ago

#545!

#346 9 years ago

I just moved the right weight on the Shaker 90 degree's opposite of the left, that's the only option given and it works very well for those of you not liking the rattling it causes on TWD. Cuts the strength enough to stop it but still a nice rumbling effect. I might get some anti rattle tape anyway to seal things up even more but this really helped.

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I just moved the right weight on the Shaker 90 degree's opposite of the left, that's the only option given and it works very well for those of you not liking the rattling it causes on TWD.

Great to hear. What tools are needed to adjust the weight? Can it be done while the shaker is still in the game? I'd hate to remove it after I already Loctited it in there.

#348 9 years ago

No you have to remove it but its easy, unplug the connectors to avoid any damage but the board can stay. You will need a small allen wrench and man those things are in there tight, could be the piece of crap wrench I had. Very simple fix and its made a big difference.

#349 9 years ago

I'm still not 100% sure I understand the fix to help with air balls on the left ramp.

Do I simply tighten the screws on the metal flap above the Zombie head toy?

Right now, 50% of my shots to the left ramp go up and over.

Marcus

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Interesting. It's definitely not possible on mine, and it sounds like it's not possible on other people's machines as well. I wonder if there is something wrong with our crossbow mechs. When the ball is sitting in the crossbow, is it supposed to be resting on the plunger? On my game, there is a half inch gap.

I would definitely try to fix that 1/2 gap between the ball and plunger. That can definitely have an impact on how much velocity the ball has when hit by the plunger.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-what-did-you-get/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.