image-553.jpg
image-226.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3489.jpg
IMG_3488.JPG
TWD Head Tank.jpg
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG
There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Is the apron going to fit with the cross bow

Pinball Refinery is working on one that will.

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Is the apron going to fit with the cross bow

I think pinball refinery was working on a metal apron for the LE?

#253 9 years ago

Mine is supposed to show up tomorrow morning between 8 and 9 am. I have my choice of #171 and #177. Getting a Star Trek Pro at the same time.

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from tonylo909:

Mine is supposed to show up tomorrow morning between 8 and 9 am. I have my choice of #171 and #177. Getting a Star Trek Pro at the same time.

Which one will you choose?

#255 9 years ago

My daughter says get the #171 and I will respect her wishes, unless the box is damaged, then all bets are off!!!

#256 9 years ago

I got #118. Man this baby is a blast to play. Could do with some better call outs other than that I love it.

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from tonylo909:

My daughter says get the #171 and I will respect her wishes, unless the box is damaged, then all bets are off!!!

I think your daughter is right. 171 has a better ring to it.

#258 9 years ago

Ok, now having played it. Super fun, but man I am terrible at it and the outlanes brutalize me it seems. I really need to learn the rules. At this point I may as well have gotten a Pro, because I haven't gotten to use the Crossbow once. lol

Only complaints aside from the ones I mentioned are:
1) Bicycle Girl is completely unable to be seen, what a waste. I'll look forward to Pinball Refinery fixing that. Why no spotlights? Met has 4, TWD has 0. Seems odd especially given how dark it is. Didn't anyone at Stern notice that you can't see what's under the ramp?

2) As many have mentioned air balls off the left ramp.

3) For whatever reason this game has some really wicked glare on it. PDI or Invisiglass seems like a must have. Chalk that up to pushing the grand total closer to 10k.

And of course the voice work is just not real good. Admittedly when you're playing the game moves so fast I don't notice it so much, but when you're watching someone play it just doesn't sound as cool as it would with Daryl or Merle guiding you, but apparently that's in the works.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

1) Bicycle Girl is completely unable to be seen, what a waste. I'll look forward to Pinball Refinery fixing that. Why no spotlights? Met has 4, TWD has 0. Seems odd especially given how dark it is. Didn't anyone at Stern notice that you can't see what's under the ramp?

Yeah, they really dropped the ball on this. All it really needs is a spotlight on bicycle girl that lights up when the ramp goes up. Shoudln't be too hard to implement. Another option would be a head that glows from within.

Quoted from n0s4atu:

2) As many have mentioned air balls off the left ramp.

I only had this happen once in about ten games.

Quoted from n0s4atu:

3) For whatever reason this game has some really wicked glare on it. PDI or Invisiglass seems like a must have.

Absolutely! After one game, I grabbed a piece of PDI from one of my other pins and swapped it with the glass that came with my TWD LE. Huge difference.

Overall, I'm really digging the game. It's got some awesome music, and it's a very fun and difficult game to shoot. I liked the pro when I played it at Expo, but the LE is a nice improvement. The crossbow is actually damn cool, and I really like the Woodbury drop target and spinner. The well walker magnet doesn't seem to do too much yet, but it's an added bonus. Any fears about the LE backglass were completely unwarranted. It looks great in person, whether the game is on or off. I also like the rust colored armor. I think it fits nicely with the artwork. The game looks fantastic! This is easily one of the best art packages Stern has ever done.

My only real complaint, at this point, would be a lack of voices clips from the show. I guess we just have to accept the fact that this simply isn't going to happen. I assume it was for budgetary reasons, but I think Stern made the wrong call. That being said, the callouts aren't nearly as bad as I had feared, and they actually grow on you once you play the game for a while. I've come to think of it as a game that takes place within the Walking Dead universe, but not necessarily within the same world as the TV show.

#260 9 years ago

By the way, my game was built on Halloween. I love that!

#261 9 years ago

I almost forgot. When I first plugged the game in, the only thing that lit up was the backglass. No DMD, and no playfield lights. I almost shit a brick. Luckily, it was an easy fix. One of the main power couplings below the playfield was loose. I clicked it back together, and all was well with thew world again.

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Whoa there's a big hole in the bottom of the box. Is the pin OK?

No damage from that forklift blade size hole.

I used my digital camera to take some photos. I'll load them tomorrow.

The game is awesome. My wife, a non-pinball fan, actually loves the look of the game.

I played 5 games. In each game, I experienced air balls off the left ramp. The left ramp is much steeper on the LE than on the Pro.

More tomorrow!

Marcus

#263 9 years ago

# 452 in the house. Just can't play it until my unboxing party. The wait is already killing me and it's only been 12 hours since delivery. It's worth the wait though to share this first NIB experience amongst friends and family and most of all my little boy. Then it's going to be nonstop playing all weekend long

#264 9 years ago

PDI glass ordered.

TaTa you have much more self restraint than I do. I was driven crazy knowing my LE was sitting in a warehouse all weekend not far from my home. I couldn't imagine not tearing into it immediately upon it arriving at home.

#265 9 years ago

I put some black electrical tape along the front of the fluorescent tube to cut the brightness generating the reflection on the glass. I also did this with my Hulk which is another dark playfield. Works great.

#266 9 years ago

I did the same thing but with red electrical tape, gives the backglass a nice glow and highlights the red in the artwork very well.

DSC01203.JPGDSC01203.JPG DSC01204.JPGDSC01204.JPG
#267 9 years ago

#260 just arrived!

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

#260 just arrived!

I bet BR is going to enjoy playing that so much he'll go out and get his own

#269 9 years ago

I bet BR is going to enjoy playing that so much he'll go out and get his own

BR and his daughters are on the way!

#270 9 years ago

#74 checking in at Charlotte, NC. Fun as heck pin.FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_0952.JPGIMG_0952.JPG
#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Twilliams:

#74 checking in at Charlotte, NC. Fun as heck pin.

IMG_0952.JPG 244 KB

FullSizeRender.jpg 298 KB

Nice! You have a crazy LE line up!

#272 9 years ago

The PDI glass eliminates 90% of the backglass reflection from the player's perspective.

#273 9 years ago

This pin needs the glass. It made a huge difference in WOZ. This will probably be the best mod you can do!

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The PDI glass eliminates 90% of the backglass reflection from the player's perspective.

Where did you order it from?

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Only one place, pinballdecals.com

Can't wait to see the difference. I just hope I don't love it so much I need it for the other 2 games, that's one pricey upgrade!

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Quoted from n0s4atu:

Only one place, pinballdecals.com

Correct. Joey is the only distributor of Roman's glass in the US. The other option would be Invisiglass, which is a JJP product. I have both types of glass on my machines, but I slightly prefer PDI.

#277 9 years ago

Are there rules yet for the BIT outlane inserts? Just wondering what happens when you get bit?

#278 9 years ago

Brock at Pinball customs also sells PDI glass.

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Are there rules yet for the BIT outlane inserts? Just wondering what happens when you get bit?

in 1.11 you build the bit bonus by lighting up the top rollovers. It starts at 500k, and goes up 250k each additional time.

Best way to collect is with a multiball with a ball save on, those are free points. Else, it's a consolation prize when you drain through that outlane.

I don't know if "bit" will turn into something else in later software. Your mind runs with possibilities though, so hopefully Lyman has something really cool planned for this.

#280 9 years ago

Games we got
551 552 556 562

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Games we got
551 552 556 562

wow, looks like all LEs are manufactured and sent out then.

#283 9 years ago

So far most of the ones that landed in the States are high numbers and the lower numbers seemed to be in Canada.

#284 9 years ago

I did check the born date on mine and it is Oct. 29th. Would have been cool to be born on Halloween like some others were.

#285 9 years ago

So far most of the ones that landed in the States are high numbers and the lower numbers seemed to be in Canada.

None reported from overseas yet? Seems weird when we hear 1/2 get sent overseas but the numbers seem to be all here.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

wow, looks like all LEs are manufactured and sent out then.

Now it's time for a VE to fill in the gap. Can't wait on PPS/MMr to get their UL... so why not

#287 9 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the level of the shaker? Mine seems like it is set a bit too high. The whole machine rumbles and shakes much more than any of my other Sterns (AC/DC, ST, and Tron).

#288 9 years ago

I'm having the same issue, I turned it down to minimal use for now. I think it can be adjusted but not sure how to do it. I looked online but had no luck.

#289 9 years ago

Do you guys have the new shakers that ground through J16 in the back box SAM board?

#290 9 years ago

JJ will have their second batch of LE's tomorrow. I'll report back on numbers.

#291 9 years ago

No LE's in Australia until the 8th or 9th Dec

#293 9 years ago

Do you guys have the new shakers that ground through J16 in the back box SAM board?

I honestly don't know. How can you tell? It looks like all the other shakers I've installed. It came with a wire harness that connects in three different places. One goes into the shaker motor board, one goes to a 1-pin female molex connector near the coin door, and the other goes to a 1-pin female molex connector that was coming out of the backbox. I didn't follow it to see where in the back box it went to, since it was already run down into the cabinet from the factory.

The installation instructions that came with it say "Optional Shaker Motor Kit 502-5027-00 Rev B".

#294 9 years ago

I think you can adjust the arms on the actual shaker with an Allen wrench, too late to start tonight but I'm going to look into it tomorrow, I'll post my findings.

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Mine should arrive in the next 2 days, Cointaker sending mirror Blades as well as softer white LEDs.
BR will do video. Can't wait !

You are welcome to come and visit and play mine until yours arrives. You never know what else you might take home as money talks and pins walk.

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

#260 just arrived!

I should have kept reading the thread! Way to go!

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is there a way to adjust the level of the shaker? Mine seems like it is set a bit too high. The whole machine rumbles and shakes much more than any of my other Sterns (AC/DC, ST, and Tron).

Should be adjustments in Feature Settings, although it sounds like the adjustments may not be working (software issue). If you turn it down to minimum and don't notice any change, it's likely a software issue. Changing the settings should be noticeable.

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Should be adjustments in Feature Settings, although it sounds like the adjustments may not be working (software issue). If you turn it down to minimum and don't notice any change, it's likely a software issue. Changing the settings should be noticeable.

This.

I was going through all the settings and the factory setting for shaker is high, you can adjust it down. Now I just have to get mine and install it.

I may have asked this before, so forgive me if I'm asking again, but how do you trigger the crossbow? I had one game where I got it twice, but was basically flailing about and none before or since then.

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

This.
I was going through all the settings and the factory setting for shaker is high, you can adjust it down. Now I just have to get mine and install it.
I may have asked this before, so forgive me if I'm asking again, but how do you trigger the crossbow? I had one game where I got it twice, but was basically flailing about and none before or since then.

I think you get it by completing the drop targets, but I could be wrong.

#300 9 years ago

In 1.11 the crossbow is triggered by hitting drops when the "Weapons" insert is lit.

I'm told there are changes coming to the crossbow rules.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-what-did-you-get/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.