image-553.jpg
image-226.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3489.jpg
IMG_3488.JPG
TWD Head Tank.jpg
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG
There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I received the return call from Gary Stern about 10:00 that night and he said the same thing and also it is a lot more environmently friendly also sharper more vivid and and the cost is about the same,I respect that he called and I am happy with my game

If it looks good, and the mirroring looks legit, then I honestly can't see a problem.

#202 9 years ago

That ramp is impossible to make with the arrow shot, didn't they test it? The whole game should go dark when the arrow is activated and maybe a light or laser used for aiming, much cooler.

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That ramp is impossible to make with the arrow shot, didn't they test it? The whole game should go dark when the arrow is activated and maybe a light or laser used for aiming, much cooler.

That would be like STTNG cannon shot. Awesome. Crossbow has a laser scope on it.

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If it looks good, and the mirroring looks legit, then I honestly can't see a problem.

So if we're all good with this new translate/BG thing... my question is does it have to be glued/stuck to the glass. If it does that's fine. But if this is basically a fancy translight and it can be 'loose' like a normal translate, having it 'permanently' stuck to the glass is IMO undesireable as it could then be easily swapped for a replacement or alternate translight if desired, with the LE one potentially framed or sold if desired. There are a few pro translights that I feel are better than LE BG's in the past that would be neat to swap in without having to babysit a whole chunk of LE glass.

It also smells of a 'coverup' a little bit if it doesn't have to be glued to the glass but that's an argument I'm willing to let slide for now

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Got yesterday. Loving it! Not sure why there been a lot on pinside bashing it.

Because it's Pinside

#206 9 years ago

I hope I'm not coming across as a basher, my concerns are strictly cosmetic as I was hoping for Met Pre style lighting but that could be just early code as I bought my Met Pre well after a year that it was released and I think we are all a little disappointed with the BG zombie not being lit up. I will say this that in the 60 plus pins I've had come in out of my home this has the most unique gameplay I've experienced, its very strange but not in a bad way. I'm aware of the honeymoon phase but its not the case here, more of a euphoria and amazement that this is actually happening, Riot mode...... the animations that go along with it are extreme in a good way, I just haven't experienced this in pinball yet and it makes me tingly in my no no place. There is the factor also that its just going to get better with code updates and mods, I don't know what to say. I had a super game just now, first one 162 000 000 and starting to get it. Sometimes the magnets seem to work better at throwing the ball around wish it was like that all the time, with Predator and Aliens on the horizon I just couldn't be happier that I'm finally getting themes that I believe are best for pinball, Sci Fi and Horror. Happy Time

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Aliens on the horizon I just couldn't be happier that I'm finally getting themes that I believe are best for pinball, Sci Fi and Horror. Happy Time

And the "unique gameplay" is what I'm looking forward to. I think Borg has a huge winner here.

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And the "unique gameplay" is what I'm looking forward to. I think Borg has a huge winner here.

Couldn't agree more, game rocks. Another great Borg game with Lyman at the helm for code, yeah!

#209 9 years ago

Mine is stuck in Ohio! You guys are killing me!!

First thing I'm gonna do is repaint the well Walker.

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Mine is stuck in Ohio! You guys are killing me!! First thing I'm gonna do is repaint the well Walker.

How the heck did it get stuck?

#211 9 years ago

Dunno. Been sitting there since 1:29 am yesterday.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah that would be driving me nuts too

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Drivers unboxed it and are playing it right now Rick!

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I haven't had a problem getting up either ramp from the crossbow... Other than my aiming, of course.

(On IndyPin's #85)

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

I haven't had a problem getting up either ramp from the crossbow... Other than my aiming, of course.
(On IndyPin's #85)

Yeah, my problem is aiming too. My son made it up the right ramp no problem. Does anyone know how to activate the crossbow? I've only got it a few times but don't know how I started the mode?

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hope I'm not coming across as a basher, my concerns are strictly cosmetic as I was hoping for Met Pre style lighting but that could be just early code as I bought my Met Pre well after a year that it was released and I think we are all a little disappointed with the BG zombie not being lit up. I will say this that in the 60 plus pins I've had come in out of my home this has the most unique gameplay I've experienced, its very strange but not in a bad way. I'm aware of the honeymoon phase but its not the case here, more of a euphoria and amazement that this is actually happening, Riot mode...... the animations that go along with it are extreme in a good way, I just haven't experienced this in pinball yet and it makes me tingly in my no no place. There is the factor also that its just going to get better with code updates and mods, I don't know what to say. I had a super game just now, first one 162 000 000 and starting to get it. Sometimes the magnets seem to work better at throwing the ball around wish it was like that all the time, with Predator and Aliens on the horizon I just couldn't be happier that I'm finally getting themes that I believe are best for pinball, Sci Fi and Horror. Happy Time

This is very well put, especially the part where you state "the most unique gameplay I have experienced". That's exactly how I feel about my pro, very unique and incredibly addicting. I was just telling my wife how everyone on here talks about that "just one more game" feeling and how I've never had that with a game.......ever. This is truly the first time I have felt that.

#217 9 years ago

Borg is truly a total hit or miss it seems. Glad you guys are digging it ( well, the vast majority anyways!).

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

( well, the vast majority anyways!).

#219 9 years ago

Got 85, but the best part is it's birthday is on Halloween!

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

So if we're all good with this new translate/BG thing... my question is does it have to be glued/stuck to the glass. If it does that's fine. But if this is basically a fancy translight and it can be 'loose' like a normal translate, having it 'permanently' stuck to the glass is IMO undesireable as it could then be easily swapped for a replacement or alternate translight if desired, with the LE one potentially framed or sold if desired. There are a few pro translights that I feel are better than LE BG's in the past that would be neat to swap in without having to babysit a whole chunk of LE glass.

Well I'm speaking without any knowledge of how this really works, so it's hard to truly respond, but I do have a few thoughts on that.

One, glass is cheap. So if you want to pull it and put in a different translite it's really no big deal to get some new glass. I don't see it as Stern's job to make things easy to swap. And that's speaking as someone who's obviously very much in favor of translite swapping.

But more than that, for me it's really a "what's the difference?" question. If if looks good, then who cares how they did it? You got a great looking backglass with mirroring, right? If it's a fused layer or screened on the glass what's the big deal either way? If the fused layer really does offer better color and sharpness, then hey, win.

Translites usually have a little ripple and wave to them. I see it when the light is right. It's not a big deal, but fused to the glass will avoid that, for a cleaner looks. Works for me.

I just don't see this as being a trick or a rip off so long as people like the way the end result looks.

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"what's the difference?". If if looks good, then who cares how they did it?

These were Sterns exact words when I asked them about the translite instead of backglass, almost word for word

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Got 85, but the best part is it's birthday is on Halloween!

I have to check the date on mine. It would be super cool if it was born on Halloween

#223 9 years ago

Are the LE's being delivered in the States yet? Anyone have any other numbers to report? I don't think I've seen a number lower then 30 yet in North America.

#224 9 years ago

Mine is going to be here in a few hours and will check in with the number.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But more than that, for me it's really a "what's the difference?" question.

Probably a few hundred dollars of cash in Stern's pocket

#226 9 years ago

Mine should be here wen.

#227 9 years ago

Your collection says it already arrived : )

#228 9 years ago

Mine is currently out for delivery. According to tracking, I am the second stop.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Your collection says it already arrived : )

Are you still in for one? I know you were on the fence.

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I was hoping for Met Pre style lighting but that could be just early code as I bought my Met Pre well after a year that it was released

Yeah.... so... welcome to the first year where you DIDN'T own Metallica..

#231 9 years ago

....161... in Italy

#232 9 years ago

#293 is in the house (well technically it's in my garage) ...

TWD LE #293.jpgTWD LE #293.jpg
#233 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Are you still in for one? I know you were on the fence.

In...

#234 9 years ago

LE 514 is home.

Initial impression only after unpacking;
The art on the LE really is very cool. For my personal taste though, Stern's armor (or Pinball Refinery's) can't get released soon enough. The press shots from the flyer made it appear as though the armor was a metallic rust red. In person (to me) it looks like brown with tiny bits of black. Not my cup of tea at all.

I also prefer the Metallica backbox latch system to having to install bolts. I don't often put the backbox down, so it's a bit nitpicky, but just giving my thoughts right out of the box.

The Pro's art/armor would have gone perfectly in my basement as everything is black and red (to the point of color matched M&Ms and gumballs), but aside from the armor I fell in love with the art on the LE and after having played Met Premium I couldn't imagine having a game without all the features.

Worth the extra money over the Pro? To me yes, even factoring in having to buy new armor, adding the fish tank topper etc. Now time to go down and finish setting it up and start playing.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I also prefer the Metallica backbox latch system to having to install bolts. I don't often put the backbox down, so it's a bit nitpicky, but just giving my thoughts right out of the box.

None of the new games use the old latching system. It appears that Stern has completely shifted to the new system ever since they redesigned the backbox.

#236 9 years ago

#72 in Rockwall, TX

TWD LE #72TWD LE #72

Marcus

#237 9 years ago

Oh and now that I've pulled the backglass to install the Pinnovators SAM sub kit, I can say that the process may not be the same as BIBLE's but it's really great looking. I've never seen a BIBLE in person so I can't say whether it looks as good, but it definitely looks far better than any regular translite I've seen.

Oh and if anyone near Frederick, MD (21710) is on the fence about ordering one, feel free to PM me and stop by one day later this week and check it out. I'm working from home from Wednesday on so just about any time works.

I'm a horror fiend, so I already love it and I'm a terrible player, so I'm most likely to enjoy the game play regardless so to me the game's a winner already and will no doubt only get better with Pinball Refinery add ons and code updates. So if you're local come by and give it a more unbiased assessment. lol

#238 9 years ago

Congrats Gweem and Xerico, get to playing it so we can live vicariously through you guys! Should have mine next week.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

#72 in Rockwall, TX
TWD LE #72
Marcus

image.jpg 129 KB

Whoa there's a big hole in the bottom of the box. Is the pin OK?

#240 9 years ago

Bout the shape of a fork too. Hopefully nothing was damaged.

#241 9 years ago

It looked fine on initial viewing. The foam was still in place.

I will know once I get home.

Marcus

#242 9 years ago

Ok, since I'm not allowed to even power it up yet (wife wants 1st game).

Everything on this game looks great, minus of course my personal preference about the armor (I get what Stern was going for there), but the one glaring thing that stands out as I've been standing there staring at it (since I can't play it yet), is that the apron looks like cheap junk. I've heard people complain about the plastic apron and I didn't have any experience with one before. but it looks out of place and considering the cost this is probably my only real complaint. Everything else is subjective, but find me one person who actually likes the apron and I'll be astounded.

Add a Pinball Refinery apron to the list of mods that I must have. Pretty sure when all is said and done this ends up close to 10k.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Ok, since I'm not allowed to even power it up yet (wife wants 1st game).
Everything on this game looks great, minus of course my personal preference about the armor (I get what Stern was going for there), but the one glaring thing that stands out as I've been standing there staring at it (since I can't play it yet), is that the apron looks like cheap junk. I've heard people complain about the plastic apron and I didn't have any experience with one before. but it looks out of place and considering the cost this is probably my only real complaint. Everything else is subjective, but find me one person who actually likes the apron and I'll be astounded.
Add a Pinball Refinery apron to the list of mods that I must have. Pretty sure when all is said and done this ends up close to 10k.

I hate the plastic apron, especially on an LE, what the heck? I'm going to pick up a metal one from Pinball Refinery for sure!

#244 9 years ago

#325 Arrived today!
20141110_160656.jpg20141110_160656.jpg

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

#325 Arrived today!

20141110_160656.jpg 177 KB

Nice topper.

#246 9 years ago

#32 in Yelverton,Ontario.

#247 9 years ago

Mine should arrive in the next 2 days, Cointaker sending mirror Blades as well as softer white LEDs.
BR will do video. Can't wait !

#248 9 years ago

It looked like it would be happy up there for the time being

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Everything else is subjective, but find me one person who actually likes the apron and I'll be astounded.

You may not like the appearance, but they play better. Way more Lazarus balls than a metal apron. Lazarus balls are legal in competition, bang backs (much easier to do with a metal apron) aren't. They're also fun, even if you're playing alone. So the 'upgrade' in this case slightly downgrades the fun factor. Who doesn't love a Lazarus ball?

#250 9 years ago

I hate the plastic apron, especially on an LE, what the heck? I'm going to pick up a metal one from Pinball Refinery for sure!

Is the apron going to fit with the cross bow

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-what-did-you-get/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.