Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinmanguy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Really? Is there that much difference between TWD LE and Pro as to rate the former 22 in the Forum and the latter as 101? I've played both and frankly, there are pros and cons to both, but I don't believe the play difference warrants such a disparity in rating. Am I missing something?

#2 8 years ago

I think you're right but i hear new code with walker bombs is a big difference on Prem/LE.

#3 8 years ago

What's the walker bomb?

#4 8 years ago

This is the problem with converting a Rating (which has a margin of error) to a Ranking. I only use lower ratings as a flag to read the critical reviews before buying (just like on Amazon).

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Really? Is there that much difference between TWD LE and Pro as to rate the former 22 in the Forum and the latter as 101? I've played both and frankly, there are pros and cons to both, but I don't believe the play difference warrants such a disparity in rating. Am I missing something?

There is a HUGE difference. If I had to own a Pro, I wouldn't own TWD.

#6 8 years ago

I played a TWDLE for a little while yesterday. The lighting is absolutely superb, but I kept forgetting about the walker bombs (since I normally play the pro). After talking to a few premium owners on here though, I was basically told to save my money and just get a Pro.

I went with the Pro, and I pick it up in a week! Both are great machines, and if you have an extra $1600 lying around and love the theme, go for the Prem! But the Pro is just fine. This isn't an ACDC type of situation (which it looks like GOT will be with an entire extra playfield present/missing depending on which version you buy).

#7 8 years ago

What's a walker bomb?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

What's a walker bomb?

It's like a VIP pass in ACDC. Basically it's a context sensitive virtual shot that you can cash in by pressing the button on the lockdown bar.

Historically similar things to walker bombs:
-MM had Troll Bombs
-AFM had Martian Bombs
-MB had various things (silver bullets, hair dryers and garlic cloves? I don't know)
-ACDC had VIP passes

#9 8 years ago

RFM has martian missiles too.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

There is a HUGE difference. If I had to own a Pro, I wouldn't own TWD.

Your out of your mind go back to highschool

#11 8 years ago

Almost every 9+ review on Walking Dead LE is from someone who owns the game and additionally owners are easily able to update their opinion with code updates. More people have played Pros on location. I think TWD Pro sucks but the location by me has never updated the code, others may have the same experience. There are 100 reasons why Pinside ratings don't mean that much...

#12 8 years ago

The code update + actor callouts was what changed it from "meh" to "freaking awesome". I passed on the game until that point and just picked up the LE a few weeks back. It is now a top 5 Stern machine - for me at least.

#13 8 years ago

Watching Bowen play the Pro, it did not seem a bad setup. He was having fun and he crushed that 2nd game.

It often appears the optimal game package (which never exists) is somewhere between the pro and premium/LE setups. In TWD for example, having the walker bombs seems like a good idea for all versions. However, based on what I have seen and read, I am not sure the crossbow toy and BG ramp are as critical to have. Bowen commented he liked the Woodbury spinner on the premium.

Nonetheless, for me, I'd still probably buy the premium because of the walker bombs and light show.

#14 8 years ago

TWD pro is a great game, but the premium/LE has become my favorite game of all time. To me, it plays very differently than the pro, and I happen to like the differences. Overall, they make the game much harder. The only thing I can think of on the premium/LE that makes the game easier is the bombs. Every other change/addition serves to shorten ball times.

#15 8 years ago

Here's my take; I play the pro on location quite a bit and just picked up a premium. Both versions are fun now with the current code and as someone else pointed out, the custom sound packages made really brought this game to the next level.

I had some issues with my crossbow out of the gate which was attributed to an over sensitive switch. So now that my xbow works, I've taken a real liking to it, but making a shot with it is very difficult but it is rewarding when you make a tough shot like riot or barn when those modes are lit and/or have a multi kill lined up. All in all, I could live without the xbow but like having it for the extra novelty.

The bg ramp really isn't anything special and I could care less if it was there or not. I enjoy it more though when I'm shooting it with the xbow.

The lighting is a double edged sword. Sometimes I feel like 'goddamn this game is blinding. But on the flip side, I sometimes feel like it really immerses you into the theme and zombie apocalypse. Really increases intensity like zombies are coming. I could live without it but again, glad to have it.

Having spinners is great! But not only that, there are decent added rules to the spinners unlike a lot of other sterns. So having the spinners is great and gives the player another feature to shoot for.

Walker bombs are really the biggest game changer. At first I thought they were no big deal, but the strategy behind them is HUGE. having the ability to know when you have enough walker bombs to start a multiball is game changing cause you don't have to start a multiball at that time. Instead you can hit drops, start modes, and progress towards last man standing. So you get a lot of added breadth with walker bombs and that single handily makes the premium a must for long term home owners.

#16 8 years ago

I've only played pro but i really enjoyed it. Probably my favourite stern since lotr and rbion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 16.00
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-vs-pro-pinside-rating and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.