(Topic ID: 201007)

TWD LE side rails now available from Stern?

By pinghetto

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerBall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8E651D74-83B6-4F8B-94EB-387F7E20807D (resized).jpeg
44C84F57-C54A-41C4-8222-FF773126244B (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20171023-140830 (resized).png

#1 6 years ago

LE parts available for anyone? Seems odd. Like they are taking some of the "uniqueness" away from the original LE's and maybe pushing people toward the premiums going forward? Am I reading this wrong?

Screenshot_20171023-140830 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171023-140830 (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

I don't like this idea. LE stuff should be unique and shouldn't ever be available separately.

#3 6 years ago

With the constant threat of remakes (VE's) and now the availability of LE exclusive parts... I'm failing to see the lure of the LE. Especially with the disappearance of the mirrored translite on SW.. This just seems weird..

#4 6 years ago

Oddly, the armor in that picture isn't the LE armor. It's the Stern twd armor. That's very strange.

#5 6 years ago

This is no different than before from my understanding. The bloody armor (legs, lockdown, hinges) was available before and still is for all walking dead models. I own an LE and that package is not standard on the machine it would be an additional cost. So they aren't actually selling LE upgrades

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

This is no different than before from my understanding. The bloody armor (legs, lockdown, hinges) was available before and still is for all walking dead models. I own an LE and that package is not standard on the machine it would be an additional cost. So they aren't actually selling LE upgrades

Not what their picture says in their Facebook post, but I bet you're right.

#7 6 years ago

That's the same armor that they have always sold. Everyone needs to calm down, it's going to be ok.

#8 6 years ago

Nothing special about the le armour anyway - powder coat brown. The blood is better, which looks like what they're selling in the pic. Just watch the blood splatter armour though - the blood peels off as its only vinyl sticker. I clearcoated mine - looks awesome.

#9 6 years ago

I’ve seen better.

44C84F57-C54A-41C4-8222-FF773126244B (resized).jpeg44C84F57-C54A-41C4-8222-FF773126244B (resized).jpeg

8E651D74-83B6-4F8B-94EB-387F7E20807D (resized).jpeg8E651D74-83B6-4F8B-94EB-387F7E20807D (resized).jpeg

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't like this idea. LE stuff should be unique and shouldn't ever be available separately.

This is not the LE armor guys. This is the same armor accessory they have beeen selling. It matches the LE. Just like the aftermarket green Ghostbusters armor with the proton pack.

#11 6 years ago

Its not the le armour, its the blood spatter set.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just watch the blood splatter armour though - the blood peels off as its only vinyl sticker. I clearcoated mine - looks awesome.

Just a reminder from someone whose blood splatter started peeling off.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is not the LE armor guys. This is the same armor accessory they have beeen selling. It matches the LE. Just like the aftermarket green Ghostbusters armor with the proton pack.

That's fine, but they shouldn't be calling it "LE armor" then. Freakin' confusing.

7 months later
#14 5 years ago

For those that put a clear coat on their blood spatter armor; what brand and type (gloss, matte, ...) of finish did you use?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-side-rails-now-available-from-stern?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.