Bloody Armor LE.jpg
348542.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Walker Borg.jpg
John Borg.jpg
image-400.jpg
fc0.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n0s4atu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 9 years ago

Well, I'm especially sorry to see how let down RobT was with the game since he was really excited about it.

I'm falling on the side of loving my LE. The theme for me is the biggest thing and ultimately what sold me on it. I'm a pretty terrible pin player, so I don't know what really "makes" a game for some of the higher level players here, but for me TWDLE is just fun, hard and keeps me wanting to play one more.

Obviously there are things that aren't home runs, the voice work most notably, but even that in the heat of the game I barely notice. Everything else mainly cosmetic and will be remedied shortly.

Updating code now and then time to play more!

1 week later
#306 9 years ago

I just played a few games today and made sure not to do anything, no flipper action, bumping, etc and off the prison magnet it kicks it just enough to catch it or hit it with the left flipper. I can't imagine how infuriating it would be if it literally just dropped it down the center.

My only complaint is the outlanes, I pu$$ied out and made them smaller and they still seem to gobble up the balls worse than my BSD. lol Every time I walk through my garage I keep eyeballing my drill and thinking "nobody would ever know". Luckily shame keeps me from making a 3rd outlane hole.

The only actual design flaw that I don't know how they'd fix is the BG ramp and the rejects, airballs, etc. I'm wondering if a redesigned plastic piece at the top would help. I had one ball actually fly off the top and land in the back left corner of the machine and I had to remove the glass to get it. Most of the time it's either a bounce to the other ramp or just a really nasty bounce back right to the flippers, so it doesn't spoil the game.

In a nutshell I'm still loving it, but I wish Stern would hurry up and release their Topper, armor, etc I want more toys. It's brutal though I can't seem to string together two really good games in a row. I keep trying though.

#311 9 years ago

You know how I realized I was addicted (well 2 things both today):
1) I got up got ready to start my day and went down and played a few games before anything else. As I was getting in to the game I realized much to my own surprise I don't actually "hate" the redneck anymore. I still wish he was gone and Norman Reedus or Michael Rooker were doing the callouts, but he doesn't impact my enjoyment at all. Frankly it's probably best that they don't use either of those two for callouts, my head might explode Scanners style from the overload of awesome.
2) When my phone alerted me that Stern posted via Facebook that the Topper and sidepanels were available I ran down a 28ft ladder abandoning our Christmas Wreath to get inside and order them before the rest of you junkies bought them all.

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

Cool topper.
How many did they have in stock when you bought yours?

I want to say just under 200 but I don't remember the exact number, maybe 187?

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

My stupid crossbow never works

I'm sure you probably have, but have you bent the little leaf springs apart? Mine were all kind of pressed together and the result was it would just stay in place and not swing out and then just launch the ball from that position, which bangs the glass or if the glass isn't in actually can launch it out of the cabinet. I gently bent mine so they were all just barely separated to ensure they'd touch when the button was pressed. I've only had one or two misfires since then.

My biggest problem is I suck at hitting the drop targets to activate the mode in the first place. I'm terrible all the way around, but I find the crossbow fun now that it works so I want to use it more. lol

1 week later
#397 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Are you a fan of the show? I can see how non fans may not care in the least. I totally realize that pins are also way better in home, across the board. But jeez, the jokes never stop, and it's not supposed to be funny. Disconnect.

I'm a huge fan of the show. I was really surprised that the more I play the less the callouts bug me. Maybe it's tuning them out, maybe it's the game moving so fast, but I love the game.

Would it be better with real callouts or at least sound a likes? 100%

Is the hillbilly terrible? Yup.

I believe because Merle cracked wise a few times someone latched onto that as a way to make it more "family friendly". Someone obviously who's out of touch. There's no way to make this pin suitable for small children. None. I know some classic pins like Elvira and TFTC had a comedy element, but this isn't a case where it fits. I'd be cool with Merle cracking a joke when the last ball drains, etc, but the overall theme of this pin is dark and they really should have embraced that. They had a chance to do something way different than anything that's been done (that I know of, but I'm new to the hobby) and they dropped the ball. Think of all the dark themed games for Xbox/PS4 etc and their popularity. Had they gone the direction of really trying to scare the hell out of you this pin would have been an A+ in my book even without finished code.

Given that's the way I feel about it, I'm shocked I love the game as much as I do and while playing they don't bug me at this point, but I do hope they change it (no chance at this point I fear sadly).

And if someone just hates how the game plays, it's layout, etc no voice over is going to fix that.

#400 9 years ago

Hopefully, the Stern fix for the BG ramp addresses airballs, etc as well as the playfield damage. Fingers crossed anyway.

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Got it set up and playing. Enjoying the hell out of it so far!

So what mods/upgrades did you get on your Refinery Edition? Looks like backbox, speaker under cab lights and color dmd for sure.

1 week later
#539 9 years ago

After applying the felt, rebuilding my BG ramp it's now functioning as close to perfectly as seems possible.

Question for everyone though, are you supposed to have to slap your balls to her face really hard for it to count? lol Seriously though, when they don't hit her in the face at full force they don't seem to register. Do I need to adjust the leafs? Same with the Prison zombie, but it wouldn't have been as much fun to type if I was talking about him. lol

Oh and if you're an LE owner, and haven't bought nodyeliab's bicycle girl light mod, what are you waiting for? It really should have been there from the factory. It's amazing. It's definitely the second best "mod" for TWDLE right behind a sheet of PDI glass and well it's WAY more budget friendly. The game just isn't complete without the light.

#542 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My BG ramp is currently apart. I was going to dremel it down and apply some weather stripping, but then I left for vacation and never got around to it. Has Stern officially addressed this with some sort of kit they are sending out to people? I would hate to mess around with my ramp if I don't have to.

Personally I wouldn't dremel too much off like I saw some people do. I just dremeled the rough edges smooth, then applied a piece of stick on felt over the rivets, to just over the edge of the plastic. The ramp is working really well now and it seems to be stopping any further damage.

#544 9 years ago

I should have done it before I installed, but let me see what I can do.

Edit: Without pulling the ramp I just can't get a good enough shot of it unfortunately.

#546 9 years ago

I found that grinding the ramp like that is unnecessary. Using the picture where the rivets are shown, apply the felt starting there going to just over the edge. Obviously that way must work as well, but it's more work and I was afraid it might weaken the rivet itself.

1 week later
#576 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I just installed the bicycle girl ramp fix from Stern. Thanks Gio at Pinball Refinery for the service. The ramp is much smoother and no air balls.

When did your ramp fix arrive? What did they include in it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n0s4atu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-is-addictive?tu=n0s4atu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.