Bloody Armor LE.jpg
348542.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Walker Borg.jpg
John Borg.jpg
image-400.jpg
fc0.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 9 years ago

Had a few pinheads who were sure the game was a dud and the pop bumpers, no call outs from the show etc. made this a game to pass on but after some plays on my LE they quickly changed their tune and you could see the regret. I think its really fantastic and love the gameplay now with early code so its just going to get better, sound is crazy some of the best pin music I've ever heard. Animation are the best I've seen and its fast. Love it.

#39 9 years ago

Yeah when the magnets actually really grab the ball and throw it around it is greatness, should happen more on both magnets. Lighting is my big thing, lets get some pure red modes going and better use of the lighting in general. Code is fine for me right now so I can't imagine what 3 or 4 updates might bring. Awesome game.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well I did play the pro and the LE with the extra magnets might make some difference, but I just didn't feel the pin was "fun", other than maybe when I was able to put a nice fast combo together once in awhile.
But there's nothing to put a smile on your face, or make you go "yeah, that was COOL, I want to do that again!"
There are no toys other than the Well Walker that does nothing more than rock back. Not exactly exciting. It doesn't do anything when you "kill" him, other than start a MB. Where's the payoff on this pin? AFM is a bare bones layout, but it at least has a ship that you destroy that makes you feel like you accomplished something. IM has Iron Monger rise from the middle of the PF. TAF has a hand that grabs the ball. AC/DC has a bell, canon, and lower PF. MET has inline drops, Sparky, and the snake.
What does TWD have?

This from a Tron lover, outside of the center disc thing what other toys does Tron bring to the table? I would like to know your real reason for the immediate dismissal of TWD, I think its the choice to pass, that can happen and then looking for justification. AC/DC The bell and canon, lower PF? now you're reaching. In fact all the examples are bad, I'm not saying TWD toys are special but that's not what is making this game great. Thus proving my point that you are looking for a reason to dislike it, lack of toys? Do toys encapsulate a pinball machine, of course not its a mix of everything and sometimes if the toys aren't that great then music and sound compensate or vice versa, code can make a bland game all of a sudden blossom into a gem. come on man.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But again, something is really missing from TWD.
ST has the Vengeance ship that shakes and shoots balls at you.
MET has Sparky, the snake that eats and spits balls, inline drops.
AFM has the shaking ship when you destroy it, with matching animation.
TAF has a hand that grabs the ball.
MB has a ton of toys.
IM has Iron Monger that rises from the middle of the PF, and War Machine that fires balls back at you at lightning speed.
AC/DC has the swinging bell, canon, and lower PF.
MM has the Castle that crashes, and trolls that pop up from the PF.
WOZ has a spinning house on a mini PF, monkey that grabs the ball, an LCD screen, an animated crystal ball etc.
What does TWD have other than the Well Walker (that doesn't do much of anything)?

Still no answer on what Tron has? You named a bunch of other games but where's Tron? Just saying toys don't mean anything if the gameplay and rules suck.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Tron has the spinning disc.
Duh.

Wow a spinning disc, that's magical. Its spins and spits the ball out in random fashion, well you certainly put me in my place with that one. I apologize, Tron's spinning disc is revolutionary, I didn't know what the element in Tron was that made it great buts its been the spinning disc the whole time.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why put words in my mouth?
Who said anything about "revolutionary"? Where do you come up with this stuff?
I'm talking about a signature toy. The spinning disc in Tron is exactly that. It's interactive, fits the theme perfectly, and creates chaos.
Compare that to the Well Walker? There is no comparison.

I'm just buggin ya, with all due respect I don't care if you like it or not. I know you're a big fan of tron and that game is reminiscent of TWD its kinda bare bones in terms of toys and stuff yet people love it, IM too. What else to do in a Zombie game except smash Zombies and kill them, we all would like great interactive toys and I'll be honest I was disappointed when I got it home it took a few days before I realized something special was going on, I only hope you get to experience that down the line.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

That one singular toy is way better then anything on TWD and when cleaned can make the ball do some crazy things.

Uh oh RobT's boyfriend has come to his defense.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Tron doesn't need toys, all it needs is Daft mother-effin' Punk!

What? Oh man this is getting ugly, DaftPunk really? Ok time to leave now before I get myself banned from the thread. TWDLE is a great pin.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I think you got blinded by star treks lasers at some point. Or maybe it's just the cold weather up in canada has frozen all your brain cells eh hoser???

Ha, I love it, if you must know its the drugs. It is getting cold fast this year and I hate it but there are perks to bad weather, like its shit outside so Ill stay home all day and play pinball and with myself.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Here's a video I shot tonight. It clearly illustrates that SDTM drains are not a problem if the game is leveled and pitched correctly ...
» YouTube video

where did you get the speaker grills with lights? Looks great.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

probably from the same place you get them for all the stern games. I love them, have it on my AC/DC, TF and LOTR.

Where? I'm a little slow

#129 9 years ago

Out of stock on TWD, Damn it.

#139 9 years ago

Its damn fun to smash the prison and BG and Wellwalker, I would have preferred moving targets that slowly move down the playfield toward you and you have hit them before they reach a certain area or even pop ups would have been cool but these are quite satisfying, some of you guys obviously don't like, but why comment on a addicted to TWD thread. Oh and by the way that spinning disc toy on Tron is magical.

#161 9 years ago

Anyone seen the GI lighting change at all, so far it seems to be the same? It say interactive GI updated.

#219 9 years ago

RobT you really need to stop trying to justify not buying the pin, TWDLE in a home environment is awesome. I don't have these STDM problems, sure it does happen like with all pinball and simple nudging is a quick remedy not to mention fun and adding to the overall experience. Fast and furious with no time to slack on the control front. Maybe in the wild and few guys that can't seem to take the time for proper set up don't understand the need for repeated negativity on this issue. You see plain as day that the vast majority are either ok with it, patient to wait for a fix or enjoying the challenge. I set the tilt low and this allows for extra manipulation but doesn't take away from the difficulty, that was my fix plus a larger sleeve on the post out of the pops. there are more more drains on the outlanes than anything else like IM but again add to the survival feel. Buy an LE play it a few hundred times then get back to us all, but for now you don't know shit with all due respect.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

lol
Got to love it. The pin has a design flaw so I'm just going to tilt my pin to make up for it.

F off.

That's mature. There is no design flaw and what do you care anyway? Why are you even on this thread? to tell us the game is crap, that makes sense. By telling me to FO its just solidifies my suspicion. Go away you douche no one cares what you think about TWD. Go play IM and tell yourself its a better game, something had jaded your view and we all see that so goodbye.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

With all due respect, you are clueless.
You really have the balls to ask me why I'm here? You are truly even more clueless than I already thought you were.
If you have such disdain for my posts and my opinion, why don't you just do us both a favor and put me on ignore. According to you nobody cares what I think anyway, right?
Jesus. I understand wanting to like and defend the pin that you just bought, but you give the term "zealot" a new meaning.
Sorry that I dared to criticize your precious TWDLE. The perfect pin according to the mighty Hazoff the Jackoff!

Don't care enough to even ignore.

#238 9 years ago

Listen I don't want to argue with anyone, I can use Tron as an example, I bought it, put in a few hundred plays in and it wasn't for me but I wouldn't go to a Tron is addictive or I love Tron thread and state how its a turd and be negative when the people on that thread obviously are really enjoying there game, what would you call that? Being a dick is the answer.

#241 9 years ago

I do respect RobT's opinions even if he hates me now, don't know what he meant by clueless as I have gone through a ton of pins and been playing for 30 plus years now. Anyway I hope he gets TWDLE down the line and enjoys it, that's the most important thing is to have fun playing pinball. I am a bug and know it so for that I apologize. Peace

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No, it's called having an opinion, and what I take issue with is the fact that you keep telling me to stop trying to justify not buying the pin. This wasn't the first time that you said that to me. You are saying that my opinion is biased because I backed out of TWDLE, so everything I say about it is crap.
I love Tron and think it's great. But I wouldn't tell anyone who doesn't love it that they are full of crap or biased just because they don't own the pin.

My point is if you had said "not feeling TWD glad I passed" or "I gave it try and its not for me, the STDM's and code, seems flawed" then cool, come on you have to admit you have been a little rough on this game this early after release and on a thread aimed at those loving it. I'm sorry for challenging your views seems to me we are both guilty here. That's enough.

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why would I simply say "not feeling TWD glad I passed"?
That's stupid. It gives no incite whatsoever as to the *reasons* for not liking it. Saying "not feeling it" is a cop out.
Also, how is saying "glad that I passed" in any way better or less critical of TWDLE than what I have said about it? If anything, saying "glad that I passed" is more like rubbing it in the nose of those who did buy it than anything I've actually said about it.
And... I will "admit" no such thing. Please explain to me exactly what I have posted that makes you think that I have been "a little rough on this game"?
Being rough on the game implies that I've said things like this pin "sucks" or it's a "turd" which I have never said. Frankly, this is just more proof to me that you are being overly sensitive to any criticism that is leveled at the pin.
I can summarize what I've said about TWD: the theme is not well integrated, and the SDTM drains from the pops and prison magnet (on the pro) made the pin not fun for me.
If that's being overly critical and "rough" on the game, then I guess I'm guilty as charged.

You're words

"I'm glad that I backed out of my preorder on the LE. "

"I played it and have to say that it was the least fun pinball machine that I have played in a long time"

You did call it a turd in a different thread, Listen fella haven't you noticed how many feuds you seem to get in on this site, is it always someone else's fault, you call me a zealot yet anyone who disagrees with you is a fool apparently. I would advise that you leave this alone now. I don't care anymore and will simply ignore you from now on. As for being overly sensitive you are the one posting negativity on a thread celebrating the games addictive nature, that in itself is the essence of sensitivity. Please you aren't talking to an idiot regardless of what you might think, simply someone who will call you on you're bullshit. So for all of us TWD owners explain that?

#257 9 years ago

I did get Horde but nothing really happened, there is a mode where you see faint zombies with bright eyes on the DMD I've never seen before and as you make the shots one by one they disappear? it was during a mass stack of multiballs and who knows what else but I hadn't seen that animation before. It was great, I hope they make the left ramp raise during crossbow in the next code. Love the multi kills. I had an AC/DC Luci and don't recall it being a drain monster, well anymore than IM or this pin. I enjoy the challenge.

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Did you play AVLE "a few" hundred times before deeming it an epic fail? Jesus, stfu already. Enjoy your new toy. Enjoy the new code, but seriously, put a sock in it.

I did and who the hell are you?

#267 9 years ago

Because I've seen you do it in other threads. That's why. Clueless is the word for it.

Do What?

#292 9 years ago

I don't think you can get prison MB once WWalker MB has begun but you can the other way. Bloodbath is a great mode for high scoring as well, I'm not sure how but there is a add a ball target or something that activates extra balls during that mode. The left ramp works well for the most part but needs some love for sure. Mods coming this week I will post some pics.

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

one min your a spokesperson for this game and you know, when the next thing is released, yours will be sold and you won't give a shit about this game anymore. So it's kind of hard to justify your thoughts and opinions about a game, when those thoughts only last 2 months.

What?
Jesus Christ, I don't care about this anymore,. Its not that I won't give a shit anymore with the next pin I will have moved on, what's wrong with that? I loved Metallica had it for half a year and that was enough for me, still loving STLE didn't sell that, I'm not going to apologize for turning a lot of pins in and out of rotation, how long can you play the same game for? that's the way it is for me. RobT played a pro out in the field and hated it, Ok fine. I don't care.

#301 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Never said I "hated it". I said I didn't find it fun. I also later admitted that a big reason that I didn't find it fun was because of the ridiculous number of drains from the magnet and more so the pops.
I also said that on the games that I did get a good score on (one of them at 85 million), I did enjoy hitting combos and the stacking was pretty cool.
I am still open to the notion that I could enjoy the pin if the numerous SDTM drains from the magnet and pops were resolved, and the implementation of the theme is improved.

I know, sorry. I was trying to make a point to Captain Neo who seems to know my routine better than me, but he does not at all. I think we had words in another thread so he will be negative to anything I say now. As if there is a time limit to how long you must keep a pin, usually for me its no more than 6 months to a year and that's for I game I really like.

1 week later
#364 9 years ago

I think a little patience is in order here,, Met Pre/LE had the shit magnet by the hammer eventually fixed, Xmen had an issue needed a new board replacement. Stern could release a fix or you can simply buy a larger sleeve, the prison magnet has been a non issue for me but I can see that it does happen, simple nudging works well, I have to say I kinda like the fact that this game kicks my ass it makes the good games that much better. If I was experiencing what some people are then I see the frustration but with all the pro's and Le's sold it seems like a small group. I'm hoping a modder makes a lane guide for the right orbit that flows right back to the flippers nice and smooth, that would be awesome.

#379 9 years ago

Blood bath is awesome, get WWalker going at the same time with a mulit kill and a mode. Man its fun.

#387 9 years ago

Warm GI, way better

DSC01337.JPGDSC01337.JPG DSC01341.JPGDSC01341.JPG DSC01344.JPGDSC01344.JPG
#394 9 years ago

I attenuated the Hillbilly's voice and have music accentuated so it doesn't really go quite when he speaks, he's there but in the background a lot less annoying, I've been an advocate to illuminate humour from pinball's that should not have it for a long time. Even when they warrant humour it needs to be from the source not Stern's comedy department which sucks. B/W and the rest weren't much better for me but at least it fits, even in STLE everything was fine then they tried to be funny with McCoy's custom call outs and they are terrible.

#401 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Had they gone the direction of really trying to scare the hell out of you this pin would have been an A+ in my book even without finished code.

I agree 100%.

#407 9 years ago

I see the apron is changed and I like it, I hope Pin Ref starts to sell them soon.

#415 9 years ago

FYI, IMO TWD is still better than ST...but no better than Mustang, which I really like btw.

Well comparing Mustang and TWD tells me you have a much different view than a lot of us here. Don't get wrong I understand where your coming from and nobody wanted TWD to be as evil as it could as me. There is way to limit the hillbilly to a light whisper and that helps but the game is still the darkest theme to date in terms of music and SFX, very creepy indeed. As far as intensity goes not too many pins match TWD in that department, stacking 4 or 5 modes and things get crazy. Stern should just stop trying to be funny, they are not and its affecting my pinball.

#441 9 years ago

Maybe. Sure. Why not? Regardless, it is what it is. I couldn't tolerate it as an owner personally, as a lover of the show. The pin should be dark, foreboding, harrowing, scary, nihilistic, you get the picture.
I would like to own this pin someday, but not with the hillbilly comedy hour featured so prominently.
I'm not even even complaining about the lack of real actors or characters that resemble our favorite characters....although maybe I'll start since I'm being accused of being so unfair to the pin.

You can shut him off completely with adjustments if its that bad, it was for me at first but by simply making him quiet it really helped. All I can say is the fun factor outweighs the hillbilly. There are a lot pins that have shit music, bad humour, terrible SFX but the gameplay is fun. I do understand as Fishtales didn't last that long in my collection and a big part was the music, its brutal.

#448 9 years ago

I put these on the mod thread, figured why not here as well.

DSC01348.JPGDSC01348.JPG DSC01350.JPGDSC01350.JPG DSC01352.JPGDSC01352.JPG
#450 9 years ago

Some parts of the plastic are almost transparent and with the eyes drilled out, a 7 led strip red of course should look cool. Not to mention I can swap him out for other Zombies when I feel its needed.

#451 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is awesome.
You know what else is awesome? Your Avatar pic... Ninja Scroll all the way and that monster was easily the coolest of all the bad guys. What a great anime that was, haven't thought about it in fifteen years!

Ninja Scroll is so great, now there's a fantastic pin waiting to be made. Thanks

#479 9 years ago

I played the pro before I got my LE and it was fun enough that it solidified my purchase of an LE but no way can an on site pro or LE/Pre ever compare to the pin being at your house with full sound, set up right, mods etc. I hated Met Pro at the shop but loved the Pre when I bought and got in my house, way different experience. How long it lasts is strictly personal preference.

#496 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

You hated a machine you played........then bought the same machine with a few upgrades?????

I got a good deal on a Monster Pre and took it, figured I would give it a shot, did the same thing with AC/DC Luci and I think most people would agree that the Pro model of that pin wasn't the best representation of what it has to offer. The point is you can't judge a pin by the Pro model at a brightly lit shop or arcade with next to no volume and background noise at least I can't. Was that too difficult to comprehend or are you a little slow?

#502 9 years ago

I still say the ultimate mod for TWD is to devise a way that the left orbit shot is a smooth transition back to the flippers. I tried removing the furthest to the right of the cab pop bumper and rigging a make shift lane guide but it didn't work, that pop is disabled anyway on my machine so wouldn't matter if it disappeared all together. I think after the holiday I'm going to go back in full throttle and see if I can make it a reality. Otherwise the game is amazing and due to theme which is usually the biggest element of longevity when it comes to pinball machines for me is off the charts cool.

#522 9 years ago

Me too, the topper is the coolest, man is it great. I just had a serious game with all the multiballs, axe multikill and blood bath. My favorite mode was also running, Tunnel. I think the next update will incorporate the GI lighting more and slowly this pin will offer a lighshow equal or greater to Met Pre/LE. Just getting better and better, gas sign coming and I hope Pin Ref releases the Apron soon.

2 weeks later
#547 9 years ago

Anyone gotten Siege mode yet? I just did and its amazing. I think when Lyman is done with this pin we are in for a real treat.

#549 9 years ago

Its within the prison multiball, I had a super long multi and all of sudden the mode started with a tank on the DMD and with successful shots of the tower and prison zombie head you cold blow up the prison fences etc. Very cool mode with great animations and explosions.

#562 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Blood Bath and/or Knife MB

What is Knife multiball? I've never seen that before.

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Does it say something like "SEIGE!!!!" when it begins? I thought I heard something like that the other day while I had a long prison mb going, but I didn't see the insert lit up or anything, so I figured probably not.

It does and not in the hillbilly voice, at least it didn't sound like him more of a low deep voice. Its insane, coolest mode I've encountered yet on TWD, only more to come. After seeing that the possibilities of future modes and upgrades to current ones should be amazing.

#566 9 years ago

Man does this game ever need and also very deserving of a color DMD upgrade. I hope once code is done the firmware follows for this pin and I can see the animation in color.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 16.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-is-addictive?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.