Bloody Armor LE.jpg
348542.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Walker Borg.jpg
John Borg.jpg
image-400.jpg
fc0.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 9 years ago

I'm with you, CG. Super fun game!

#17 9 years ago

We should have new code coming sometime within the next few days.

#71 9 years ago

I have my game perfectly level at about a 7 degree pitch, and I don't have a SDTM problem coming out of the pops at all. The ball almost always goes over to the left flipper, allowing me to safely do a bounce pass to the right flipper. I'll take some video when I get a chance.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Toy (singular) on the pro.

The pro has two bash toys. You're forgetting about the prison.

#116 9 years ago

Here's a video I shot tonight. It clearly illustrates that SDTM drains are not a problem if the game is leveled and pitched correctly ...

#130 9 years ago

The speaker lights with game specific acrylics are awesome. I have them on several of my pins ...

Speaker lights #1.JPGSpeaker lights #1.JPG Speaker Lights #2.JPGSpeaker Lights #2.JPG Speaker Lights #3.JPGSpeaker Lights #3.JPG Speaker Lights #4.JPGSpeaker Lights #4.JPG
#135 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sure, Tron has one "toy", the disc...but there are satisfying and exciting change states, something TWD doesn't really have. You hit the 3-bank, it drops to reveal the disc shot...and the disc lights up red, which looks cool. The way it whips the ball back at you like crazy is something no other game has really done before. When you start Multiball on the LE, the disc turns blue. It's an immensely satisfying shot to interact with.

I have always said that Tron delivers an experience that is greater than the sum of its parts. It's easy to look at the sparse playfield and dismiss the game, but it's one of those rare examples of everything coming together just perfectly. The disc, the music, the callouts, the lighting, the rules ... It's pure awesomeness!

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Updating code now and then time to play more!

Ditto.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just got back from putting some more quality time on TWD pro.

Did it have the new software on it yet? Lyman changed a bunch of stuff.

Quoted from RobT:

I will say this: there is no doubt that a lot of the negativity and feeling like this pin isn't "fun" has a LOT to do with the fact that the pin drains the ball from the pops and from the Prison magnet so much.

Did you watch my video? This does not happen on my game. I made no changes to the playfield. All I did was level the game and set the pitch at 7 degrees.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What do you want me to say?

This one does. In a bad way. And I've read about plenty of others having the same issue. I'm not imagining it, believe me.

Obviously, you're not imagining it, and I get that the game would be very f'ing annoying with that happening. My point was that perhaps some games aren't properly set up. It's also entirely possible that, due to playfield variances, some games are simply more prone to SDTM drains than others.

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

It was posted in another thread that replacing the post sleeve by the pops with a Williams sleeve prevents a shit-ton of drains from the pops (the Williams sleeve is a bit thicker and usually sends the ball to the left flipper). I installed a red one today, and while it still drains from time to time, it seems to happen A LOT less now.

The only thing that concerns me about this solution is that it makes an already extremely tight shot even tighter. Even with the stock post, I find it very difficult to hit the tunnel shot from the crossbow. It needs to be exactly perfect. I guess this wouldn't be a problem on the pro.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pro is probably better value right now, crossbow not really implemented yet.

From what I've seen, you need to make a conscious effort to activate the crossbow. If you just haphazardly shoot the ball around, you will occasionally activate the crossbow purely by chance, but it won't come into play very often. If you focus on locking in the drop targets when "WEAPONS" is lit, it's actually quite easy to activate the crossbow multiple times per game.

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

But is it worth lighting? My big fear with the LE features not on the pro is always one of coding. I hope the special features are coded in well as my game should be to me in a couple weeks.

Your concerns about Lyman not properly coding for the crossbow are unwarranted, because the crossbow shots are also on the pro, you just shoot them with the flippers instead of the crossbow. I'm still very unclear about many of the rules, but I believe you need to make a certain number of kills with the crossbow to start crossbow multiball. If this is the case, the crossbow is a very important part of the game. If you don't start all the multiballs, I'm assuming you won't be able to get to the wizard mode.

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from Dave88:

I'm really just not feeling this one ... I would say part of it is just due to my skill level, but if that were the case then I would hate AMH just as much ... I'm probably getting the most fun out of Tommy and WoZ at the moment ...

The fact that you really enjoy Tommy would indicate that it's not the difficulty that's causing you to dislike TWD. Tommy is just as brutal of a game, maybe even more so. The slings are absolute killers. TWD is obviously just not clicking with you, and that's perfectly fine. There are a lot of popular games that I don't particularly care for.

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There's a difference between a pin that is "difficult" and one that is causing cheap drains SDTM through no fault of the player. Such is the case with many TWDs from the magnet release and the pop bumper exit.

Agreed. There is nothing to like about a cheap drain that you have no control over. The drain from the magnet seems like an easy one to fix. I'm surprised Lyman didn't address this in the recent update. The drains coming from the pops are more concerning.

#220 9 years ago

FWIW, I virtually never get a SDTM drain coming from the pops on my AC/DC. I don't get very many coming off the prison magnet on TWD either, but it's definitely more often than AC/DC.

#224 9 years ago

Play nice guys, or you will be ejected from this thread.

#226 9 years ago

ice,

I just sent you a PM. It's unrelated to this topic, but I assume your eyes are on this thread.

1 week later
#319 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I know there are other factors as well but since I use the lockdown bar button install of the plunger. The skill shot scores are consistent each game.

I disabled the fire button on the plunge. I think it takes some of the "skill" out of the skill shot. To me, it's more fun and challenging using the manual plunger.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

My stupid crossbow never works

You're still having problems with it? That sucks. What is Stern doing about it? I know for a fact they sent at least one person out a complete new crossbow mech.

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Great game, but too many switch adjustments needed out of the box.

So much of this crap could be avoided if Stern would just test the games more thoroughly before boxing them up.

3 weeks later
#540 9 years ago

My BG ramp is currently apart. I was going to dremel it down and apply some weather stripping, but then I left for vacation and never got around to it. Has Stern officially addressed this with some sort of kit they are sending out to people? I would hate to mess around with my ramp if I don't have to.

#543 9 years ago

Can someone please post a photo of the felt or weather stripping installed on their game. Where do you apply it? Do you stick it on the metal flap right up against the plastic ramp?

1 week later
#558 9 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Same here. I pretty much never look at the DMD when I play.

You gotta stand back and watch the DMD while someone else plays (preferably someone good). The animations are an absolute delight. They are truly the best I have ever seen on a game.

#572 9 years ago

Holy crap! That walker does look like Borg. It even has the same hairstyle.

John Borg.jpgJohn Borg.jpg

Walker Borg.jpgWalker Borg.jpg

#583 9 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Thanks for that, the fix I got a month ago only had 2 square foam pads, the larger plastic and no Mylar.

Yep. That's the same fix I received in the mail.

#589 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Here's an HD Video I shot tonight. I was able to score over 100 million & had several different modes going, check it out.

Nice game! Great use of post passes early on to set yourself up for those Barn shots.

1 week later
#603 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

To those that asked. I am coloring this game for smartdmd.

That's great news. Is that something you can start doing now, or do you have to wait for the code to become more mature first?

#607 9 years ago

I don't know how you guys get those crazy scores. After all this time, I finally broke 300M, and 172M of it was CDC ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 26.95
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-is-addictive?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.