Bloody Armor LE.jpg
348542.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Walker Borg.jpg
John Borg.jpg
image-400.jpg
fc0.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dapperdan24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

it gets really frustrating when the prison magnet drops the ball SDMT

I imagine that would be a drag. My machine at home bothers me much less when it drains. It is actually off level to right a bit which I am not correcting yet because it assists some of those worthless drains

I agree 100% coasterguy! This pin is a monster and I love it

#105 9 years ago

You guys are a riot! I love my pro. It is one of my favorite pins owned to date. Rob, Scott, and anyone else who want to swing down to Murrieta to play Refinery #1 in a home environment are more than welcome. You too Smassa if you want to swing up!

All of that said, Rob did not have fun playing this pin. So what. Has frozen taught us nothing? I do not like MM. Pretty sure I am nearly alone on that one. I liked Xmen more than Tron. I love LOTR and got zero enjoyment out of POTC and on and on and on... We like what we like and so far, Rob doesn't care for this one. Man almighty, let it go!

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

How do you guys get those scores? What is the strategy? I can't get a score even close to that, and on 5 ball too. I really don't fully understand the rules yet though and since Rcade and SKB don't own the game there probably won't be an in depth write up on the rules here on pinside. So what is the strategy for big scores?

Yeah, what he said! I am on 5 ball and I have yet to break 100 million. I might be close to 70 million? Y'all cats are crazy!

#298 9 years ago

Rob, you are still welcome to come and put some time on mine in a home environment if you'd like. The beer is cheaper at my house than Alice's as well

1 week later
#355 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

But...the SDTM drains from the pops were still there. In a big way. It sucked a lot of the fun out of the game. It's a serious issue on this particular pin.

Quoted from Razorbak86:

The ball trickling SDTM out of the pops is a serious problem, though.

Changing that one post sleeve all but eliminates this issue. Bummer that it has to be done at all, but in a home environment, it is a 2 second fix. I appreciate that y'all are putting more time one it and giving it a chance, but I wonder what your opinions would be if you got to play one off location. But hell, you are actually playing pinball! That seems less and less common on Pinside these days

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Yes but not totally 100%

See the following:

Quoted from skywalker:

all but eliminates

I have not found much difference in hitting the tunnel. The other two posts don't really need to be changed.

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

One thing that's not mentioned about the TWD that rob and razorback played is that location has THE best setup and well taken care of pins than any location pins I've played. They really do play excellent. That's not to say that particular TWD is setup perfect as I haven't played it, but from experience, lake Alice games are setup great.

Maybe they could ask if they'd change the post sleeve, or offer tho throw one on themselves. I would be interested to see if/how it changes the opinion of those playing. I think I've said it before, but this table would not be nearly as much fun if I were paying to start a fresh game every time I lost.

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

if it had the same SDTM drains from the pops.

Argh man! Post sleeve. That is all. The machine needs it. Changes game play. That is all. Lots of machines need/needed tweaks to play right. This is one for TWD. I encourage you to try that out and that is when I would be interested in hearing from you about the game.

Quoted from RobT:

drains from the pops.

Post sleeve.

Quoted from RobT:

drains from the pops

Post sleeve!

Quoted from RobT:

from the pops

Post... you get the idea.

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Location game, so I can't really just pop my own post sleeve on there.

Post sleeve.

Location game.

Post sleeve!

Location game.

Post... you get the idea.

Location...you get the idea.

Lol! I know man. I want you to play it someplace with the sleeve changed. Your biggest (and very vocal) gripe is the drains from the pops. Anytime Pinside tells you it is better with this simple change, you jump back to the location game and the way it plays. My point is that I am simply curious what your thoughts would be if you played it with a damn sleeve changed (off location). You are one of the most vocal people on pinside about this title and you have sort of not really played it yet given that this simple fix hasn't been on the game at Alice's. You might still not like it, but it could also be an entirely different game after that.

Post sleeve.

Location.

PINBALL!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dapperdan24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-is-addictive?tu=dapperdan24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.