Bloody Armor LE.jpg
348542.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Walker Borg.jpg
John Borg.jpg
image-400.jpg
fc0.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 30fathomdave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 9 years ago

I also have encountered very few of the issues described above (I have a Pro), save for the ball drain issue coming out of the pops (which I'll be fixing with a Williams post this week). And my prison magnet throws that ball all over the place. I've found that the SDTM issue can be largely eliminated if you hit both flippers to cancel the animation.

I think the theme integration is pretty good (barn, prison, CDC, well walker, riot, fish tank, arena, tunnel, crossbow, bicycle girl, etc.) and will only get better if they replace the callouts.

I'm in love with this game right now. None of my other pins have gotten any attention in the last month. I replaced all of the insert LEDs with colors and warm whites, frosted purple and orange on the back panel to look like a sunset, and I'll be putting warms in the GI this weekend. It looks so much better now. I also ordered some mods from Pinball Refinery. I think this game will be totally badass once the code is finished.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

apart from that prison

eh???

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks man. That's the attitude everyone should have. Just because someone doesn't like a pin that you like is no reason to take it personal!

Totally agree. Like what you like. Your reasons for not liking it are totally justified based on your experience, and opinions can change. There are plenty of games that I hated at first but grew to love (LOTR), and there are several that I immediately liked and grew to dislike (CV).

I'm hoping there's a future code update that adds a brief ball save right after the prison magnet is activated. That would alleviate a lot of concerns about the prison magnet. Mine rarely drains SDTM, but when it does, it's bullshit.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Can anyone tell me what Williams part to buy exactly to replace that narrow post coming out of the pops?????

I didn't know which one to buy specifically, so I ordered a couple different sizes. If this question hasn't been answered by another Pinsider by the time I get my order from Pinball Life, I'll let you know.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But again, something is really missing from TWD.
ST has the Vengeance ship that shakes and shoots balls at you.
MET has Sparky, the snake that eats and spits balls, inline drops.
AFM has the shaking ship when you destroy it, with matching animation.
TAF has a hand that grabs the ball.
MB has a ton of toys.
IM has Iron Monger that rises from the middle of the PF, and War Machine that fires balls back at you at lightning speed.
AC/DC has the swinging bell, canon, and lower PF.
MM has the Castle that crashes, and trolls that pop up from the PF.
WOZ has a spinning house on a mini PF, monkey that grabs the ball, an LCD screen, an animated crystal ball etc.
What does TWD have other than the Well Walker (that doesn't do much of anything)?

Well, to be fair, TWD has a cannon too (LE). Plus the Prison, which itself is a bash toy (bash to open the doors, bash the zombie head once the doors open, as well as the Bicycle Girl bash toy (LE).

#101 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

That one singular toy is way better then anything on TWD and when cleaned can make the ball do some crazy things.

While I agree that the spinning disc on Tron is superior to the prison magnet on TWD (I own both games), that magnet has caused plenty of badass moonwalking on my machine.

#169 9 years ago

It was posted in another thread that replacing the post sleeve by the pops with a Williams sleeve prevents a shit-ton of drains from the pops (the Williams sleeve is a bit thicker and usually sends the ball to the left flipper). I installed a red one today, and while it still drains from time to time, it seems to happen A LOT less now.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3304

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

At the risk of being labeled as an outcast by the LE powers to be, I would like to inform you that the Pro is very addictive also

Totally agree. I'm a Pro guy just trying to blend in with these nice LE folk.

I had my first 100M game today. I got to Horde, but had no idea what I was doing. I lost my ball immediately. My Horde total was a paltry 100K.

3 weeks later
#478 9 years ago

I'm going to play a Pro that's on location here in Phoenix this afternoon and compare it to mine. Update coming later today...

1 week later
#538 9 years ago

After being spoiled by my increasingly-heavily modded Pro in my game room, I played a Pro on location last week. I can see why people who haven't played a dialed in home use example are disenchanted by the game on location. It's just not the same experience.

The light show is virtually non-existent with the stock white LEDs everywhere, the prison doors didn't register lots of hits (and got stuck shut multiple times), the Well Walker didn't register hits consistently, lots of drains from the pops, lots of SDTM drops from the prison magnet (game was still running old code), and you couldn't hear the game all that well due to all of the other games in the arcade.

Save for the occasional pop drain, I don't experience any of those issues at home, so I can totally see why someone who has only played TWD on location (or at least played the machine that I played) would think this game's a turd.

2 weeks later
#548 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Anyone gotten Siege mode yet? I just did and its amazing. I think when Lyman is done with this pin we are in for a real treat.

Not yet. How do you get it going?

#554 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I think I had that going yesterday too. All I know is my multi ball went on for so long I almost thought something was wrong with the game? It was intense and long winded.

Does it say something like "SEIGE!!!!" when it begins? I thought I heard something like that the other day while I had a long prison mb going, but I didn't see the insert lit up or anything, so I figured probably not.

#557 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I have hard time paying attention during play!

Same here. I pretty much never look at the DMD when I play.

#567 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You gotta stand back and watch the DMD while someone else plays (preferably someone good). The animations are an absolute delight. They are truly the best I have ever seen on a game.

Agreed. I always watch the animations when others play, but when it's just me playing, I never look.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 30fathomdave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-is-addictive?tu=30fathomdave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.