Bloody Armor LE.jpg
348542.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Walker Borg.jpg
John Borg.jpg
image-400.jpg
fc0.jpg
There are 654 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
#401 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Had they gone the direction of really trying to scare the hell out of you this pin would have been an A+ in my book even without finished code.

I agree 100%.

#402 9 years ago

Got it set up and playing. Enjoying the hell out of it so far!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#403 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Awsome. Playing a bit of a marathon myself. Such a fun game.

Do tell about the machine and your experience.

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So what mods/upgrades did you get on your Refinery Edition? Looks like backbox, speaker under cab lights and color dmd for sure.

#405 9 years ago

Played 4 games on a pro and was left feeling pretty meh. Had more than a cpl balls drain SDTM after coming outta the bumpers. I'll play it again after the next code update.

#406 9 years ago

4 games isn't even close to enough to see it.

#407 9 years ago

I see the apron is changed and I like it, I hope Pin Ref starts to sell them soon.

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

image.jpg 192 KB

Do not post pics like that please!

#409 9 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

Do not post pics like that please!

Okay. No more pics like that one.

image-460.jpgimage-460.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#410 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Okay. No more pics like that one.

image.jpg 153 KB

image-460.jpg 122 KB

Naughty! I prefer the one with Jodster.

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Still waiting on my new one

New what?

Dave, as a once owner of AVLE, which also had VoiceOver drama, how do you feel about the voices with regard to theme/show integration? I didn't have a problem with the AV voices because they were still totally in tune with the theme. For me they didn't detract from the playing experience.

The redneck in TWD is random and inappropriate for me. I think the game is cool and fun otherwise.

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

New what?
Dave, as a once owner of AVLE, which also had VoiceOver drama, how do you feel about the voices with regard to theme/show integration? I didn't have a problem with the AV voices because they were still totally in tune with the theme. For me they didn't detract from the playing experience.
The redneck in TWD is random and inappropriate for me. I think the game is cool and fun otherwise.

Well that's it! TWDLE got a (quasi) positive endorsement from TheFamilyArcade!

Apocalypse anyone?

Zombie, that is.
image-641.jpgimage-641.jpg

#413 9 years ago

Not that I expect you or anyone else to notice or care....

But I have played the Pro plenty and have been consistent in my reviews: Fun game. Nice shots. Good dots...yada yada....hillbilly takes any hyped idea of "top 10" Stern right off the table. I've scored over 100M on location and feel I'm decent considering I'm still rough on the objectives.

Now, if I have your attention, I specifically asked you a question earlier in this thread, will you answer it? You wax rhapsodic about the "intensity vibe" of the theme....killing zombies to stay alive in a dystopian apocalypse. So serious, so intense...and yet the game is a comedy. How do you reconcile that?

#414 9 years ago

FYI, IMO TWD is still better than ST...but no better than Mustang, which I really like btw.

#415 9 years ago

FYI, IMO TWD is still better than ST...but no better than Mustang, which I really like btw.

Well comparing Mustang and TWD tells me you have a much different view than a lot of us here. Don't get wrong I understand where your coming from and nobody wanted TWD to be as evil as it could as me. There is way to limit the hillbilly to a light whisper and that helps but the game is still the darkest theme to date in terms of music and SFX, very creepy indeed. As far as intensity goes not too many pins match TWD in that department, stacking 4 or 5 modes and things get crazy. Stern should just stop trying to be funny, they are not and its affecting my pinball.

#416 9 years ago

Actually, I really like the call outs. They are great. The game needed a red neck making the call outs if they weren't going to use the actors. Perfectly good with me.

#417 9 years ago

Since you think Avengers is the greatest game ever made I really can't take any of your game reviews seriously

BTW I find it funny how you can dog on any game you want, no problem, and someone states that Avengers is a turd and you go haywire, so hypocritical.

#418 9 years ago

Most guys here I find are very defensive of their beloved titles. I get that. It's all good.

But things turn sour when they themselves push that the only opinion that has relevance is theirs. At that point they themselves go from intense to comical. You select few know who you are...

See what I did there?

#419 9 years ago

we're having goat for dinner !

Call me crazy, but I enjoy the callouts
Voices from the show would have been great but....

#420 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Most guys here I find are very defensive of their beloved titles. I get that. It's all good.
But things turn sour when they themselves push that the only opinion that has relevance is theirs. At that point they themselves go from intense to comical. You select few know who you are...
See what I did there?

How about when they repeat the position over and over again...in thread after thread after thread. That's fun...

#421 9 years ago

I'm really getting to love the call outs.

Then again, I'm a redneck from Texas! I can see how it would be annoying to TFA, like a NY accent is to Texans.

This pin is def made for HUO. A dozen plays or so on location where you can't hear what's going on isn't going to cut it!

Congrats Tiger.

#422 9 years ago

I was expecting a major cheesy southern drawl in the game based on some of the sky-falling voice work reviews. That is not the case. I agree the slight southern accent on the callouts further carries the theme's roots in the show.

Beyond that, it's obvious that personal opinions are just that, personal, and subjective. So it shouldn't be surprising that an opinion may or may not be relevant to what others think. And I agree with some of the witty observations made in a few earlier posts regarding personal opinions on the forum.

Some of more recent posts in this thread show that there are people who aren't bothered by the callouts, compared to some early feedback with much more negative opinions. What that means to me is that the voice callouts aren't necessarily as big a deal to many people as it is to a few. Especially in the overall experience of the game. And to get that broader perspective across to the community only helps to understand the overall context amongst the individual feedback.

I'm glad I didn't over-read these TWD threads before I got the machine as it would have engendered bias and potentially had me nitpicking over things that I otherwise wouldn't not have minded.

Back to a post on the last page.

Quoted from Indypin:

I love my TWDLE pin. The looks, toys, sounds, gameplay, everything. However, I am having a REAL tough time with the left ramp as earlier posted. I tried EVERYTHING to make the shots more smoother. Most of the shots just go up the ramp and stop, coming right back down.
I tried putting extra nuts underneath the lift ramp where it meets the other ramp to try to make it even with the other ramp, I metal trimmed the 2 screws under the metal lip of the ramp, did adjustments, and still nothing. I have a scratch under the lift ramp and put an extra piece of Mylar underneath it, but I can't tell if it's working or not. I tried putting a small piece of felt on the screws (before I trimmed them) and it seemed to help, but I ended up pulling them off because it really made the shots up the ramp nearly impossible. Any pics, fixes, adjustments, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is it going any better for you? I've got some more game play and while the left ramp shot is quite difficult, with practice it is getting easier and more makeable on my machine. Last night I was able to make the shot multiple times, and a couple times in a row as well.

I hope that the modifications to the ramp didn't result in a tougher shot. It may be a bit, but I'll try to get a few ramp pics. And hopefully someone else on the forum can help more.

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How about when they repeat the position over and over again...in thread after thread after thread. That's fun...

Never ending party.

Great job Tigerlaw! Looks awesome!

#424 9 years ago

Okay, thanks Zoomer. Still the same, but I'm working on it. Get with Nody and get that lighted BG light kit. Really adds to the pin.

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Okay, thanks Zoomer. Still the same, but I'm working on it. Get with Nody and get that lighted BG light kit. Really adds to the pin.

^^^^ this +1000! Stern shoulda had this from the design beginning!

#426 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Since you think Avengers is the greatest game ever made I really can't take any of your game reviews seriously
BTW I find it funny how you can dog on any game you want, no problem, and someone states that Avengers is a turd and you go haywire, so hypocritical.

I just don't value your opinion. You're entitled to it, but it's not important to me.

Post edited by TheFamilyArcade: Changed "worthless" to unimportant. For accuracy and to not be so hostile.

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

See what I did there?

I think its comical that you won't answer my question. Mr. Intensity, how you liking your comedy pin?

#428 9 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Beyond that, it's obvious that personal opinions are just that, personal, and subjective. So it shouldn't be surprising that an opinion may or may not be relevant to what others think.

There's nothing subjective about my "opinion" on this. It is a fact that TWD is NOT a comedy...yet the pin is overly reliant on comedic call outs. It is a DISCONNECT with the theme. This is not an opinion. Your opinion may be that it doesn't bother you, but that has nothing to do with the facts.

It's an issue as common on Pinside as anything, people confusing opinions with facts and vice-versa. It's either ignorance, over site, laziness or stupidity, but it gets old fast.

#429 9 years ago

I just don't value your opinion. You're entitled to it, but it's worthless to me.

Just as worthless as your opinion is to everyone in this thread, that's why I don't understand why you keep posting it here? As far as anyone answering your questions, why can you dog any game you want but Avengers is off limits to everyone? Answer that one. Seems a tad hypocritical to me.

#430 9 years ago

I think its comical that you won't answer my question. Mr. Intensity, how you liking your comedy pin?

Dude, I don't visit Pinside to answer YOUR questions, as they are worthless to me.
Feels great, no?

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Dude, I don't visit Pinside to answer YOUR questions, as they are worthless to me.
Feels great, no?

That's fine, but your TWC - the walking contradiction - then. In print. Deal with it.

#432 9 years ago

It is a fact that TWD is NOT a comedy...yet the pin is overly reliant on comedic call outs. It is a DISCONNECT with the theme. This is not an opinion.

Maybe Stern wanted to make a pin that is "fun" for all. They already have the fans of the show with all the gore and such but perhaps the "comedic" avenue makes the pin a lot more fun for those that have never got into the show. YOMV

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Still waiting on my new one

Got mine yesterday

#434 9 years ago

I think the humor in TWD is perfect. Most zombie based themes have humor. Return of the Living Dead for example. Zombie land. Etc. The call outs are great.

#435 9 years ago

Just as worthless as your opinion is to everyone in this thread, that's why I don't understand why you keep posting it here? As far as anyone answering your questions, why can you dog any game you want but Avengers is off limits to everyone? Answer that one. Seems a tad hypocritical to me.

Most people criticizing AV (or any other game) are using just that - opinions. Often ignorant and uninformed for various reasons. I've been plenty tolerant of most. But not when it's clear to me that someone is speaking out of their ass.

Re: TWD, I say I like the pin...and even that's not good enough for you hype monsters. You need total acceptance or you get your panties in a bunch. Have I commented on the crappy QC? The questionable layout/design? Have I pushed on the release of a Premium? No. I state a FACT and ask the one person who made such a big deal about the intense theme how he can say the game is so great when it totally contradicts what he wants most in the pin. And he won't answer. Because he has nothing to say. It is what it is. He's got nothing. But I already kinda knew that, what CAN He say really? That's its comedy hour at Chick - a - Filet in the deep south?

#436 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the humor in TWD is perfect. Most zombie based themes have humor. Return of the Living Dead for example. Zombie land. Etc. The call outs are great.

You must mean the pin, right? Because there isn't a whole lot of humor in TWD the show.

Maybe there is in the comic? I've started reading it. Not very funny at all so far.

#437 9 years ago

You must mean the pin, right? Because there isn't a whole lot of humor in TWD the show.
Maybe there is in the comic? I've started reading it. Not very funny at all so far.

I don't know I found it pretty funny when that big red headed guy punched the nerd with a mullet in the face and knocked him out. Pure comic genius

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Maybe Stern wanted to make a pin that is "fun" for all. They already have the fans of the show with all the gore and such but perhaps the "comedic" avenue makes the pin a lot more fun for those that have never got into the show. YOMV

Maybe. Sure. Why not? Regardless, it is what it is. I couldn't tolerate it as an owner personally, as a lover of the show. The pin should be dark, foreboding, harrowing, scary, nihilistic, you get the picture.

I would like to own this pin someday, but not with the hillbilly comedy hour featured so prominently.

I'm not even even complaining about the lack of real actors or characters that resemble our favorite characters....although maybe I'll start since I'm being accused of being so unfair to the pin.

#439 9 years ago

I don't know I found it pretty funny when that big red headed guy punched the nerd with a mullet in the face and knocked him out. Pure comic genius

A perfect example of why I question your opinion. You're just bizarre.

I'll retract my statement that I find your opinion worthless... That's overstating it. But I find myself disagreeing with you on almost everything.

#440 9 years ago

A perfect example of why I question your opinion. You're just bizarre.

That was just a joke , but thank you.

#441 9 years ago

Maybe. Sure. Why not? Regardless, it is what it is. I couldn't tolerate it as an owner personally, as a lover of the show. The pin should be dark, foreboding, harrowing, scary, nihilistic, you get the picture.
I would like to own this pin someday, but not with the hillbilly comedy hour featured so prominently.
I'm not even even complaining about the lack of real actors or characters that resemble our favorite characters....although maybe I'll start since I'm being accused of being so unfair to the pin.

You can shut him off completely with adjustments if its that bad, it was for me at first but by simply making him quiet it really helped. All I can say is the fun factor outweighs the hillbilly. There are a lot pins that have shit music, bad humour, terrible SFX but the gameplay is fun. I do understand as Fishtales didn't last that long in my collection and a big part was the music, its brutal.

#442 9 years ago

You could never be too unfair to the pin, it's just your opinion. Everything here are just opinions. I do see the point your making and I agree with you. But if it was made the way you stated it should have been, I think that would turn off a lot of casual players. The comedic avenue Stern took is probably for the best as far as longevity in this machines popular interest. Your right, it is what it is.

#443 9 years ago

I'll retract my statement that I find your opinion worthless... That's overstating it. But I find myself disagreeing with you on almost everything.

C'mon, I think AC/DC and Iron Man are great pins and I own a few of the games on your wish list so we must agree on some things although I am getting tired of Indiana Jones so I will likely unload that one next.

#444 9 years ago

That's fine, but your TWC - the walking contradiction - then. In print. Deal with it.

Dealin' with it just fine. Thank you for your concern. Enjoy your, uh, whatever it is you do, other than live here I guess.

Not gonna get goaded into an Internet argument with you TFA, cheer up man. I've entertained you enough...done with that.

Anyways:

Looking forward to my PR backbox lighting kit and Mezelmods crossbow.

I'm gonna hafta keep a log book of mods on this pin! Holy crap!

#445 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Anyways:
Looking forward to my PR backbox lighting kit and Mezelmods crossbow.
I'm gonna hafta keep a log book of mods on this pin! Holy crap!

I feel the same way. It will be several pages long before I'm done..
I just can't help myself. Sooo many cool mods to put on it!

#446 9 years ago

Feels TZ ish with mod mania for this pin.

#447 9 years ago

Waiting on my BG light mod. sent the old one back as requested.
Big fan of the show so probably biased.
Call outs work. Do I wish it real call outs and CoooraaaaaLLL. Yes but I love the game.

#448 9 years ago

I put these on the mod thread, figured why not here as well.

DSC01348.JPGDSC01348.JPG DSC01350.JPGDSC01350.JPG DSC01352.JPGDSC01352.JPG
#449 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I put these on the mod thread, figured why not here as well.

DSC01352.JPG 266 KB

DSC01350.JPG 258 KB

DSC01348.JPG 281 KB

That is awesome.

You know what else is awesome? Your avatar pic... Ninja Scroll all the way and that monster was easily the coolest of all the bad guys. What a great anime that was, haven't thought about it in fifteen years!

#450 9 years ago

Some parts of the plastic are almost transparent and with the eyes drilled out, a 7 led strip red of course should look cool. Not to mention I can swap him out for other Zombies when I feel its needed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 654 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-is-addictive/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.