Bloody Armor LE.jpg
348542.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Walker Borg.jpg
John Borg.jpg
image-400.jpg
fc0.jpg
There are 654 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ok. I will stop digging in my "heals".

You and Hazoff, two geniuses for sure.
Enjoy your Walking Dud.

Oy.

image-376.jpgimage-376.jpg

Rob, no need to keep respondin'. Movin' on...

#252 9 years ago

This is still happening????? wowzers.

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

This is still happening????? wowzers.

image-99.jpgimage-99.jpg

#254 9 years ago

So getting this thread back on track, does TWD have any kind of wizard mode yet? Sorry, im really unfamiliar with the current software.

#255 9 years ago

There have to be rules setup on a list. Not sure but I think last man standing is wizard mode.

#256 9 years ago

I like valid criticism and I think Rob makes some good points based his experience with the pin. I wouldn't like it either if it played like that.

Talking to another pinsider, is it possible that its not a design flaw but maybe the ball guides don't get put down perfectly on some pins and its thrown off a millimeter or so, just enough to throw more balls down the middle?

I don't know, I don't get it. I do remember Rob defending Ac/dc as a % of drains on his pin and it appears others didn't have that problem either. I can't figure out why mine and others were drain monsters, but it was highly frustrating and pissed me off. When it got rectified with the bigger post sleeves, it was like, wow, man this is what this pin is supposed to be! I credit Smassa for that fix.

As for the theme and integration of the show, I get that, not nearly as good as it could be without actor call outs and such but with all the different modes it still has the potential to overcome deficiencies with Lyman doing the code.

Gotta go put another round of games on before the show tonight!

#257 9 years ago

I did get Horde but nothing really happened, there is a mode where you see faint zombies with bright eyes on the DMD I've never seen before and as you make the shots one by one they disappear? it was during a mass stack of multiballs and who knows what else but I hadn't seen that animation before. It was great, I hope they make the left ramp raise during crossbow in the next code. Love the multi kills. I had an AC/DC Luci and don't recall it being a drain monster, well anymore than IM or this pin. I enjoy the challenge.

#258 9 years ago

About a week ago I discovered the secret to slowing the passage of time down to a slow crawl, order a TWD, and wait for it to arrive cross country. I get mine tomorrow! At least in the mean time I was able to get the mods to install.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

About a week ago I discovered the secret to slowing the passage of time down to a slow crawl, order a TWD, and wait for it to arrive cross country. I get mine tomorrow! At least in the mean time I was able to get the mods to install.

I know how you feel. Mine felt like forever to get home!

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like valid criticism and I think Rob makes some good points based his experience with the pin. I wouldn't like it either if it played like that.
Talking to another pinsider, is it possible that its not a design flaw but maybe the ball guides don't get put down perfectly on some pins and its thrown off a millimeter or so, just enough to throw more balls down the middle?
I don't know, I don't get it. I do remember Rob defending Ac/dc as a % of drains on his pin and it appears others didn't have that problem either. I can't figure out why mine and others were drain monsters, but it was highly frustrating and pissed me off. When it got rectified with the bigger post sleeves, it was like, wow, man this is what this pin is supposed to be! I credit Smassa for that fix.
As for the theme and integration of the show, I get that, not nearly as good as it could be without actor call outs and such but with all the different modes it still has the potential to overcome deficiencies with Lyman doing the code.
Gotta go put another round of games on before the show tonight!

Well said. At least you understand where I'm coming from. If the TWD pro that I've played didn't have the SDTM issue from the pops to such a high degree, I have no doubt that I would find the pin more fun than I currently do. I already stated that I am sure that a lot of my negativity

As far as the theme integration, even though I find it disappointing right now, that is one thing that is easily fixable.

The SDTM issues from the pops may be something that will have to be fixed (on some TWDs) in a way similar to what you did to your AC/DC.

#261 9 years ago

"Walking Dud" Lmfao!

#262 9 years ago

got my machine last week, played it all weekend...It is indeed a blast to play!!! One of the most fun machines in my lineup! Anyone who gets the LE version will not be disappointed!

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

RobT you really need to stop trying to justify not buying the pin, TWDLE in a home environment is awesome. I don't have these STDM problems, sure it does happen like with all pinball and simple nudging is a quick remedy not to mention fun and adding to the overall experience. Fast and furious with no time to slack on the control front. Maybe in the wild and few guys that can't seem to take the time for proper set up don't understand the need for repeated negativity on this issue. You see plain as day that the vast majority are either ok with it, patient to wait for a fix or enjoying the challenge. I set the tilt low and this allows for extra manipulation but doesn't take away from the difficulty, that was my fix plus a larger sleeve on the post out of the pops. there are more more drains on the outlanes than anything else like IM but again add to the survival feel. Buy an LE play it a few hundred times then get back to us all, but for now you don't know shit with all due respect.

Did you play AVLE "a few" hundred times before deeming it an epic fail? Jesus, stfu already. Enjoy your new toy. Enjoy the new code, but seriously, put a sock in it.

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

With all due respect, you are clueless.
You really have the balls to ask me why I'm here? You are truly even more clueless than I already thought you were.
If you have such disdain for my posts and my opinion, why don't you just do us both a favor and put me on ignore. According to you nobody cares what I think anyway, right?
Jesus. I understand wanting to like and defend the pin that you just bought, but you give the term "zealot" a new meaning.
Sorry that I dared to criticize your precious TWDLE. The perfect pin according to the mighty Hazoff the Jackoff!

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Did you play AVLE "a few" hundred times before deeming it an epic fail? Jesus, stfu already. Enjoy your new toy. Enjoy the new code, but seriously, put a sock in it.

I did and who the hell are you?

#266 9 years ago

Quoted from Hazoff:Listen I don't want to argue with anyone, I can use Tron as an example, I bought it, put in a few hundred plays in and it wasn't for me but I wouldn't go to a Tron is addictive or I love Tron thread and state how its a turd and be negative when the people on that thread obviously are really enjoying there game, what would you call that? Being a dick is the answer.

Because I've seen you do it in other threads. That's why. Clueless is the word for it.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Because I've seen you do it in other threads. That's why. Clueless is the word for it.

Do What?

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The clear winner for most toys is TWD LE by a landslide -> 50% more toys

As my friend Derek would say "What do you think of that"

I think you need to work on your counting. Metallica has 3 magnets and you missed the grave marker. I also question counting the hammer as part of the newton ball item rather than a separate toy but I digress.

TWD surely has a lot of stuff in it, but you're really stretching it a bit to make your point (especially counting roll-over switches as toys).

#269 9 years ago

Just had a 150 million game on my TWDLE 1.9. Was laughing half the time. The game is crazy and I laughed when the final ball drained. Right now I think this is a very strong game. I love the layout. All the shots feel good and the pops are useful to stash balls in multiball. Dots and Sfx are very good. I still haven't made a single crossbow shot!! Going to mod this thing to the hilt. I suspect this will be a popular pin, but I also absolutely love my STLE, so maybe I am easy to please?

#270 9 years ago

How do you guys get those scores? What is the strategy? I can't get a score even close to that, and on 5 ball too. I really don't fully understand the rules yet though and since Rcade and SKB don't own the game there probably won't be an in depth write up on the rules here on pinside. So what is the strategy for big scores?

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

How do you guys get those scores? What is the strategy? I can't get a score even close to that, and on 5 ball too. I really don't fully understand the rules yet though and since Rcade and SKB don't own the game there probably won't be an in depth write up on the rules here on pinside. So what is the strategy for big scores?

Yeah, what he said! I am on 5 ball and I have yet to break 100 million. I might be close to 70 million? Y'all cats are crazy!

#272 9 years ago

I have a pro, and have a pretty good grasp on the rules as they currently are, but unfortunately I just don't have the amount if time it takes recently to do glass off testing for exact score figures, let alone the time to type it all up .

My high score currently is 212mil, and the scoring should be easier and higher on an LE due to the fact that you can actually aim the crossbow at your own lesure without having to do a really hard ball trap (hard for me anyways), and Bicycle Girl mode is easier, and you get the spinners and Woodbury spinner JP opportunities.

It seems, at the moment, it's rather straight forward: try stacking PrisonMB and WellverineMB, while keeping Bloodbath on reserve for a ball save. Keep Prison going long enough to Qualify Seige mode (17 walker kills), and get the tower PF multiplier going ASAP into the MB, and keep shooting for the Prison to hit the standups to keep it going. During the absolute insanity, you'll probably complete target banks to start a couple modes, and start a couple more multi kill modes.

Once you drain out of the MB madness, hopefully Seige will be ready and you can go for it.

Currently Horde mode doesn't seem to have any rules, so trying to get all the multi kill modes is kinda empty. Crossbow has some good payouts if you can stack crossbow uses. Try to be as aware as possible of the in lane shot multiplier and do your best to hold off on using it until you've increased the multiplier a bit and try to cash it out on a BG JP or Crossbow JP.

So far I really like where it's going. Extremely challenging game , even with its straightforward "STACK EVERYTHING" approach. The fact that it gives you the shot multipliers all the time constantly gives you choices to make , and the use of the target bank completions are pretty important. Definitely gives me the feel of panic and striving to survive in a Zombie apocalypse.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

I have a pro, and have a pretty good grasp on the rules as they currently are, but unfortunately I just don't have the amount if time it takes recently to do glass off testing for exact score figures, let alone the time to type it all up .
My high score currently is 212mil, and the scoring should be easier and higher on an LE due to the fact that you can actually aim the crossbow at your own lesure without having to do a really hard ball trap (hard for me anyways), and Bicycle Girl mode is easier, and you get the spinners and Woodbury spinner JP opportunities.
It seems, at the moment, it's rather straight forward: try stacking PrisonMB and WellverineMB, while keeping Bloodbath on reserve for a ball save. Keep Prison going long enough to Qualify Seige mode (17 walker kills), and get the tower PF multiplier going ASAP into the MB, and keep shooting for the Prison to hit the standups to keep it going. During the absolute insanity, you'll probably complete target banks to start a couple modes, and start a couple more multi kill modes.
Once you drain out of the MB madness, hopefully Seige will be ready and you can go for it.
Currently Horde mode doesn't seem to have any rules, so trying to get all the multi kill modes is kinda empty. Crossbow has some good payouts if you can stack crossbow uses. Try to be as aware as possible of the in lane shot multiplier and do your best to hold off on using it until you've increased the multiplier a bit and try to cash it out on a BG JP or Crossbow JP.
So far I really like where it's going. Extremely challenging game , even with its straightforward "STACK EVERYTHING" approach. The fact that it gives you the shot multipliers all the time constantly gives you choices to make , and the use of the target bank completions are pretty important. Definitely gives me the feel of panic and striving to survive in a Zombie apocalypse.

Sad to hear you don't have time to type the rules out
I have your Xmen rules thread bookmarked and even printed it out and attached it to my Xmen manual. Is there a small chance you will do a write up once Lyman is all done with the rules?

#274 9 years ago

I might take the time once everything seems solidified. As it is are there any modes or features that you don't understand?

#275 9 years ago

I have a twd pro im loving this pin and no sdtm problems at all

#276 9 years ago

What I do is work on the shots necessary to get Prison MB and Well Walker MB going first. Start Prison MB and then hit your Well Walker whatever amount of times to start it.

Like Arcade said, during the pandemonium there will be other modes that you will also be able to join in the fun!

Plus you'll add in the 2X scoring and it gets crazy! CDC, Tower, Arena all have big points to get during those modes as well.

It all starts with the first two MB's. Great idea too by Rcade of stashing balls in the pops if you can during MB.

My high is 183 million now but I've had a lot of games in the 140-160 million range.

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What I do is work on the shots necessary to get Prison MB and Well Walker MB going first. Start Prison MB and then hit your Well Walker whatever amount of times to start it.
Like Arcade said, during the pandemonium there will be other modes that you will also be able to join in the fun!
Plus you'll add in the 2X scoring and it gets crazy! CDC, Tower, Arena all have big points to get during those modes as well.
It all starts with the first two MB's. Great idea too by Rcade of stashing balls in the pops if you can during MB.
My high is 183 million now but I've had a lot of games in the 140-160 million range.

I agree with Ice's approach. In addition to this, I try to get Arena running with Prison/Well MB stacked. I have found that I can make the right ramp shot quite a few times during MB and the value of the right ramp shot for Arena grows quickly.

Great game!

Marcus

#278 9 years ago

What's the audio call out when slings fire off? ? Voice or just a background sound?

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

I think you need to work on your counting. Metallica has 3 magnets and you missed the grave marker. I also question counting the hammer as part of the newton ball item rather than a separate toy but I digress.
TWD surely has a lot of stuff in it, but you're really stretching it a bit to make your point (especially counting roll-over switches as toys).

I only counted toys that interacted in game play. I made it a point to be very fair in what I did or did not count, but you're right that we should add 1 more for MET LE.

I didn't think of the hammer magnet as a "throw the ball around" magnet - but we can add that - so the Hammer area counts as 2 toys (which is fair, I wouldn't count it as 3) -> +1 - giving METLE a total count of 9.

The Grave marker doesn't do anything game play wise, and I already counted 2 toys for that area anyway (magnet + drops targets) so I don't think it's a fair comparison to count that as 3. Similarly, I didn't stack the count on the TWD prison or BG/Lift ramp.

I didn't count rollover switches, but the color changing star rollovers are more unique and implemented in a special manner in game play, and I only counted them as a single toy.

BTW - I have all of these games, and think they are all great. I am NOT saying that one game is better than the others based on the toy count, and I'm not saying which toys are better than others. There were posts commenting that TWDLE didn't have any toys, and that these other games had more toys (not better toys). Which is obviously way off base, as can easily be seen by just counting them up. Even if you disagree with what I counted as a toy and want to adjust a point here or there TWDLE easily has the largest # of "game play" toys.

Also - there is a purpose for having the opening prison doors to reveal a bash toy. A prison door "hit" is registered by crossing the optical switch - which is a wide easy shot. When the doors open, you need to hit the zombie bash toy - which is much narrower (about half the width) and harder to do. This is similar to the shot difficulty change in Tron when the recognizer bank goes down to reveal the spinning disk.

#280 9 years ago

I/we had the best game so far last night playing ZEN (2 people, each on one flipper) - 245 million!

Crazy multiball stacking and jackpot / playfield multipliers!

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You're words

I'm calling Rob "Words" from now on.

#282 9 years ago

Got mine today. Just a pro, but I do have an "LE", box.
Before anyone starts asking, no, this mod is not for sale
image-437.jpgimage-437.jpgimage-233.jpgimage-233.jpg

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm calling Rob "Words" from now on.

If the name fits...

#284 9 years ago

and on 5 ball too.

Loss of all pinball street cred.

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The Grave marker doesn't do anything game play wise

I was considering it a bash target, granted its registered with optos in front. I figured that was in the realm of what you were counting but if you consider it as part of the same toy as the magnet that's fair.

I considered mentioning the fuel bar as well, since its a special version of a stand-up target similar to the way the star roll-overs are a special version of a roll-over switch. We could split hairs all day long though.

#286 9 years ago

Rob T buys his games HUO. He's just waiting for some sucker to sell his LE.

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Except for STLE, a wise strategy though, if you can patiently wait. I've already gotten 1k of play value out of this one

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Thanks for blowing my cover there Ozno!

Bastard.

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Except for STLE, a wise strategy though, if you can patiently wait. I've already gotten 1k of play value out of this one

Actually almost all of the newer Sterns I've owned have been NIB.

XMLE, AC/DC Premium, MET Premium, STLE were all NIB purchases. The only newer Sterns I've bought that were HUO were Tron LE and Transformers.

#290 9 years ago

I'm loving mine so far. I think I've put about 250 plays on it. I'm not having any SDTM drains off the magnet, but I am getting a lot of airballs off the left ramp.

My latest strategy involves getting either well walker MB or prison MB started, then stacking the other, and then aiming for drops. I'm still not getting super high scores, but my scores have been better since doing this.

#291 9 years ago

2 out of 6 Thats 33%. I rest my case

#292 9 years ago

I don't think you can get prison MB once WWalker MB has begun but you can the other way. Bloodbath is a great mode for high scoring as well, I'm not sure how but there is a add a ball target or something that activates extra balls during that mode. The left ramp works well for the most part but needs some love for sure. Mods coming this week I will post some pics.

#293 9 years ago

I'm sure it was already mentioned but i didn't read all of the posts here as it went off topic but , i have a LE and the SDTM off the pops is easily fixed with a fatter black rubber then the skinny one stern uses, took one minute to change and 90 percent comes off to the left flipper now, the jail magnet problem needs to be addressed in code but for now we just started bumping the machine when its being held and it gives it enough to hit the left flipper a lot ...the out lanes are rough, at times the well walker throws it right to the outlane and unless your reaction time is that of a drag racer you can't bump quick enough!!! I personally did not like the game for the first 20 plays ....but the callouts are growing on me a lot and I'm starting to love the game !!!

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

2 out of 6 Thats 33%. I rest my case

You mean you were serious?

Oh good lord. Another overly sensitive TWD LE owner.

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

RobT you really need to stop trying to justify not buying the pin, TWDLE in a home environment is awesome. I don't have these STDM problems, sure it does happen like with all pinball and simple nudging is a quick remedy not to mention fun and adding to the overall experience. Fast and furious with no time to slack on the control front. Maybe in the wild and few guys that can't seem to take the time for proper set up don't understand the need for repeated negativity on this issue. You see plain as day that the vast majority are either ok with it, patient to wait for a fix or enjoying the challenge. I set the tilt low and this allows for extra manipulation but doesn't take away from the difficulty, that was my fix plus a larger sleeve on the post out of the pops. there are more more drains on the outlanes than anything else like IM but again add to the survival feel. Buy an LE play it a few hundred times then get back to us all, but for now you don't know shit with all due respect.

one min your a spokesperson for this game and you know, when the next thing is released, yours will be sold and you won't give a shit about this game anymore. So it's kind of hard to justify your thoughts and opinions about a game, when those thoughts only last 2 months.

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

one min your a spokesperson for this game and you know, when the next thing is released, yours will be sold and you won't give a shit about this game anymore. So it's kind of hard to justify your thoughts and opinions about a game, when those thoughts only last 2 months.

What?
Jesus Christ, I don't care about this anymore,. Its not that I won't give a shit anymore with the next pin I will have moved on, what's wrong with that? I loved Metallica had it for half a year and that was enough for me, still loving STLE didn't sell that, I'm not going to apologize for turning a lot of pins in and out of rotation, how long can you play the same game for? that's the way it is for me. RobT played a pro out in the field and hated it, Ok fine. I don't care.

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

RobT played a pro out in the field and hated it, Ok fine. I don't care.

Never said I "hated it". I said I didn't find it fun. I also later admitted that a big reason that I didn't find it fun was because of the ridiculous number of drains from the magnet and more so the pops.

I also said that on the games that I did get a good score on (one of them at 85 million), I did enjoy hitting combos and the stacking was pretty cool.

I am still open to the notion that I could enjoy the pin if the numerous SDTM drains from the magnet and pops were resolved, and the implementation of the theme is improved.

#298 9 years ago

Rob, you are still welcome to come and put some time on mine in a home environment if you'd like. The beer is cheaper at my house than Alice's as well

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Rob, you are still welcome to come and put some time on mine in a home environment if you'd like. The beer is cheaper at my house than Alice's as well

I may just take you up on that offer Jason!

#300 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I also said that on the games that I did get a good score on (one of them at 85 million), I did enjoy hitting combos and the stacking was pretty cool.

I am still open to the notion that I could enjoy the pin if the numerous SDTM drains from the magnet and pops were resolved, and the implementation of the theme is improved.

The first two issues are easy, find a pin that doesn't have those problems, spend some time on it, and put up a few games in the 150 million range, experiencing a lot of what it has to offer at this point, and see how you feel about it after that. I think you'll really enjoy it.

Well there you go, Dapper has a nice offer there!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 654 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-is-addictive/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.