New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 110577)

TWD LE is addictive

By coasterguy

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 654 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinaholic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150707_153532.jpg
20150714_135722.jpg
1185.jpg
image.jpg
image.png
FullSizeRender.jpg
image.jpg
Rick Grimes Metal Sheriff Badge.jpg
Bloody Armor LE.jpg
348542.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Walker Borg.jpg
John Borg.jpg
image-400.jpg
fc0.jpg

There are 654 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
#551 5 years ago

That long multi ball is awesome, think it was due to getting blood bath

#552 5 years ago

Oh yeah baby super long multi balls then a big drain....

#553 5 years ago

Twss!

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I think I had that going yesterday too. All I know is my multi ball went on for so long I almost thought something was wrong with the game? It was intense and long winded.

Does it say something like "SEIGE!!!!" when it begins? I thought I heard something like that the other day while I had a long prison mb going, but I didn't see the insert lit up or anything, so I figured probably not.

#555 5 years ago

I think it did actually.

#556 5 years ago

I have hard time paying attention during play!

#557 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I have hard time paying attention during play!

Same here. I pretty much never look at the DMD when I play.

#558 5 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Same here. I pretty much never look at the DMD when I play.

You gotta stand back and watch the DMD while someone else plays (preferably someone good). The animations are an absolute delight. They are truly the best I have ever seen on a game.

#559 5 years ago

Save for the occasional pop drain, I don't experience any of those issues at home, so I can totally see why someone who has only played TWD on location (or at least played the machine that I played) would think this game's a turd.

Hit nail on head. Played enough pro on location to see how some wouldn't be able to get to second base with this pin.

Got it all modded up and I don't see how TWD LE won't be my most played pin for a long time to come and will find its resting place in my lineup of Stern All Stars!

The long multi ball comes, for me, from getting Prison MB first, the Well Walker and you have to stack Blood Bath and/or Knife MB with either of those to get the "add a balls" going crazy!

The sound effects and the rush of all those stacked MB's is the best experience on a pinball machine for me, any and all I have or have played.

Btw, if you guys don't have that prison EL wire mod, its awesome.

#560 5 years ago

And the Over the top back box kit from PBR is "over the top" great!

#561 5 years ago

Save for the occasional pop drain, I don't experience any of those issues at home, so I can totally see why someone who has only played TWD on location (or at least played the machine that I played) would think this game's a turd.

I have the Pro and this game has to be kept level or it can zap the fun right out of it.
We are really enjoying ours it is a changing game that keeps us coming back for more.

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Blood Bath and/or Knife MB

What is Knife multiball? I've never seen that before.

#563 5 years ago

Does it say something like "SEIGE!!!!" when it begins? I thought I heard something like that the other day while I had a long prison mb going, but I didn't see the insert lit up or anything, so I figured probably not.

It does and not in the hillbilly voice, at least it didn't sound like him more of a low deep voice. Its insane, coolest mode I've encountered yet on TWD, only more to come. After seeing that the possibilities of future modes and upgrades to current ones should be amazing.

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What is Knife multiball? I've never seen that before.

It's hard to recognize when you are in the frenzy of it all because it comes up on the DMD for a short time frame and isn't really announced otherwise like prison, blood bath or well walker mb.

If you have hit the add a ball frenzy, from what I can tell, knife and/or blood bath is giving you the long, very long, MB's, its def not prison although you need to get through that one twice to get into the big scoring range.

#565 5 years ago

Siege should be 2 completions of Prison and Super Collected (twice) during Prison Multiball. Not sure if you have to do it all in one Multiball.

As far as i know , there is no such thing as knife multiball. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist , i just would be very surprised if i didn't notice it. Blood Bath has 2 add a balls , so maybe a knife Multikill and hitting the add-a-ball might have triggered an event that made it look like a Knife Multiball.

#566 5 years ago

Man does this game ever need and also very deserving of a color DMD upgrade. I hope once code is done the firmware follows for this pin and I can see the animation in color.

#567 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You gotta stand back and watch the DMD while someone else plays (preferably someone good). The animations are an absolute delight. They are truly the best I have ever seen on a game.

Agreed. I always watch the animations when others play, but when it's just me playing, I never look.

#568 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

and/or Knife MB with .

How do you get Knife MB started? I don't think anyone's added that to the community rule sheet - Checking now. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aOmSE1l5xGgxbyH0AbRypnnkzIF3GU9bseulZbJc8wM/edit

Don't see it in there. Could you add it in?

#569 5 years ago

Is it just me or does this walker look like Mr. Borg?
image-400.jpg

#570 5 years ago

Who's about to get jacked up with that tire iron? I wonder if John asked them to do that, or are we just reading too much into it ?

#571 5 years ago

Haven't played much this week but, I am now. The game is intense. Like the fire at the circus!

#572 5 years ago

Holy crap! That walker does look like Borg. It even has the same hairstyle.

John Borg.jpg

Walker Borg.jpg

#573 5 years ago

Does that zombie have a BMX t-shirt on? lol

#574 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Holy crap! That walker does look like Borg. It even has the same hairstyle.

It was the hair that was the giveaway! Cool Easter egg.

#575 5 years ago

I just installed the bicycle girl ramp fix from Stern. Thanks Gio at Pinball Refinery for the service. The ramp is much smoother and no air balls.

#576 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I just installed the bicycle girl ramp fix from Stern. Thanks Gio at Pinball Refinery for the service. The ramp is much smoother and no air balls.

When did your ramp fix arrive? What did they include in it?

#577 5 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

How do you get Knife MB started? I don't think anyone's added that to the community rule sheet - Checking now. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aOmSE1l5xGgxbyH0AbRypnnkzIF3GU9bseulZbJc8wM/edit

Don't see it in there. Could you add it in?

I'm gonna verify it and pay close attention to how I got it, if that's possible, before I add to rule sheet.

Unless I was seeing things it just slipped in via DMD animation. I happened to be looking up, like i said I've noticed it a couple of times.

Can anybody else recall seeing it? Maybe I'm going nuts, so much going on during the frenzy, maybe its Knife multi kills during MB that does the add a ball.

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

When did your ramp fix arrive? What did they include in it?

Would love to know, as well

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Would love to know, as well

Mine arrived early last week. Includes 4 small foam lads, a bigger bg ramp plastics for air balls, a piece of Mylar and instructions. I already fixed my ramp issues so not sure I'm going to need this. A little disappointing that the kit didn't include a smaller spacer for the right side of the ramp, but I was able to create my own with what I had on hand anyway. Here's a pic of the kit they sent:

image.jpg

#580 5 years ago

^^^^^ I was sceptical at first when it arrived. Like a couple sticky pads could make a dfference....well it did. The ramp is smooth as butter and no longer has issues with air balls or bouncing balls when shooting the crossbow.

#581 5 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Mine arrived early last week. Includes 4 small foam lads, a bigger bag ramp plastics for air balls, a piece of Mylar and instructions. I already fixed my ramp issues so not sure I'm going to need this. A little disappointing that the kit didn't include a smaller spacer for the right side of the ramp, but I was able to create my own with what I had on hand anyway. Here's a pic of the kit they sent:

image.jpg 140 KB

Thanks for that, the fix I got a month ago only had 2 square foam pads, the larger plastic and no Mylar.

#582 5 years ago

Thanks for that, the fix I got a month ago only had 2 square foam pads, the larger plastic and no Mylar.

The instructions for the Mylar say to remove the damaged Mylar. Maybe later produced machines have it installed at the factory.

#583 5 years ago

Yep. That's the same fix I received in the mail.

#584 5 years ago

Here's an HD Video I shot tonight. I was able to score over 100 million & had several different modes going, check it out.

#585 5 years ago

Game is kicking my ass right now. I read about out lane drains and now its messing with my head!

Haven't gotten far enough today to get close to Knife.

#586 5 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Here's an HD Video I shot tonight. I was able to score over 100 million & had several different modes going, check it out.
» YouTube video

Video showing up as private.

c'mon, let us check it out...

#587 5 years ago

What! Hold on

#588 5 years ago

Not Private now!

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Nice game! Great use of post passes early on to set yourself up for those Barn shots.

#590 5 years ago

Thank you! It's a hard, but fun pin for sure.

#591 5 years ago

Here's Video I shot the very next game. It's a close up of the DMD the entire time. I wanted to video as many DMD scenes as I could. I ended up setting a new GC score of 135 Million! lol

#592 5 years ago

played it yesterday
made me appreciate Hulk

#593 5 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Mine arrived early last week. Includes 4 small foam lads, a bigger bg ramp plastics for air balls, a piece of Mylar and instructions. I already fixed my ramp issues so not sure I'm going to need this. A little disappointing that the kit didn't include a smaller spacer for the right side of the ramp, but I was able to create my own with what I had on hand anyway. Here's a pic of the kit they sent:

image.jpg 140 KB

How do I get this kit, from my distributor? I send Gex a message but no response so far. Do I need to request it or will they just be sending them out?

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

How do I get this kit, from my distributor? I send Gex a message but no response so far. Do I need to request it or will they just be sending them out?

I got mine from Stern directly. They sent it. I had emailed stern and my distro, so either could have gotten it going.

I'm still playing the living shit out of this game. BG ramp feels much better with stern kit added on.

This PF design is right up there with Tron! Lyman ruleset and Borg eccentrically made shots= awesome. Just awesome.

#595 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I got mine from Stern directly. They sent it. I had emailed stern and my distro, so either could have gotten it going.
I'm still playing the living shit out of this game. BG ramp feels much better with stern kit added on.
This PF design is right up there with Tron! Lyman ruleset and Borg eccentrically made shots= awesome. Just awesome.

My disto just emailed me to say that my kit is being sent today.

I completely agree with Underlord - this is an addicting game with a familiar Borg feel. Fast, in your face, intense but most importantly fun. Lyman and his team have already done a great job with the dots, stacking, rules, and music. I was worried about the callouts, but I love them too. They don't feel jarring or out of place. They feel a bit more serious than earlier code. And there are some great quotes later as you get into the game and modes. The one voice that I'd love to hear more is the guy with the really deep voice that sometimes says something before the first ball plunge.

Love it so far, and am super excited for the next Lyman update.

#596 5 years ago

I wonder when some new code will drop.

#597 5 years ago

I just heard a awesome call out during riot mode.

"Holy shit this is fucking fun"

Maybe in later updates they will add some more like this and take out the bad jokes.

1 week later
#598 5 years ago

Nothing compared to what you guys get but its my personal best.

image.jpg

#599 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Nothing compared to what you guys get but its my personal best.

Nice game. I'm in the same category. Most of my games are in the 20-30 million range. 75-80 million is a good game and over 100 is fantastic.

#600 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Nice game. I'm in the same category. Most of my games are in the 20-30 million range. 75-80 million is a good game and over 100 is fantastic.

I know, I don't think I understand all the multiplying rules. Some of the scores people post on here are crazy

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 654 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside