Bloody Armor LE.jpg
348542.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Walker Borg.jpg
John Borg.jpg
image-400.jpg
fc0.jpg
There are 654 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 9 years ago

Who's with me on this one? I can't stop playing it. I just had a ball jump off the right ramp on to the left ramp under the fish tank and came back DOWN the left ramps entrance. So it rode the left ramp backwards. It was crazy but, cool at the same time. You just never know what that ball is gonna do!

Their is so much of this game that we have all been asking for. Shots, Flow, Ramps, Unique layout without compromise. I believe they nailed it.

#2 9 years ago

I feel the same!!! Lots of variability in score as well; high score 120 mill then cant break 10 mill for the next ten games!
My craziest sequence came during at the end of prison multiball when one of the balls got stuck after hitting bicycle girl as the ramp was closing
Cant wait for the next update

#3 9 years ago

I have the pro and feel the same way, awesome pin !!!

#4 9 years ago

with all the bitching and complaining that was flooding pinside as details were coming out I'm glad to hear its a winner...I will probably pick one up early next year (a pro, not LE)

#5 9 years ago

You will get no argument from me. Lot's of crazy things happen with those magnets! Sometimes I can't believe how the ball gets flung off and whips all the way around the back and through the poppers. The best feeling is when the magnets sling the ball into the mode selectors at random, you never know what mode you will suddenly be fighting in. And when you think you have a plan the magnets just snatch the ball away and send you into total uncontrollable random chaos, you have to just go with it. It's different every time I play it.

#6 9 years ago

I'm sure I would love it more if I had one to play on free play, since it gets really frustrating when the prison magnet drops the ball SDMT when I'm paying $1.00 per play. Overall it is a fun game though, and I'd like to put more play time on it in order to really understand the rules.

#7 9 years ago

For SDTM you have to nudge a little and flip.

#8 9 years ago

i do like the non fan pattern layout. It's about time Stern shys away from the cookie cutter fan patterns. I played very early rom editions, but look forward to playing the updated stuff.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

it gets really frustrating when the prison magnet drops the ball SDMT

I imagine that would be a drag. My machine at home bothers me much less when it drains. It is actually off level to right a bit which I am not correcting yet because it assists some of those worthless drains

I agree 100% coasterguy! This pin is a monster and I love it

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

For SDTM you have to nudge a little and flip.

Right now that one is set up in the most cruel way possible. One decent nudge and it's danger danger tilt, right away. I don't usually get too physical with games and don't find myself tilting often, but damn that Walking Dead goes after such a small move.

#11 9 years ago

I have to say that mine is not a drain hog by any means. It is average. No real issues to report. Few air balls but, nothing I am trying to fix. The game rocks. I can honestly say it is now my favorite stern to date. I loved ST LE out of the box as well. TWD LE is just a whole new beast. I think it will end up being a top pin for sure.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Right now that one is set up in the most cruel way possible. One decent nudge and it's danger danger tilt, right away. I don't usually get too physical with games and don't find myself tilting often, but damn that Walking Dead goes after such a small move.

What's this "Tilt" think you speak of?

#13 9 years ago

375 plays on mine so far, and that was me personally before my league came over tonight.

I haven't done that kind of hardcore playing of a new game in a long time.

#14 9 years ago

I had the opposite reaction to this pin. Code felt pretty early and the flow didn't make up for it. I hated Metallica and X-men in there early days also. Love both those games now so crossing fingers it gets better. I really want to like this pin since I'm such a fan of the show.

#15 9 years ago

I'm with you, CG. Super fun game!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm with you, CG. Super fun game!

I respect your opinion Gweem. You look at games deeper than I typically do. I just can't say enough good about it.

#17 9 years ago

We should have new code coming sometime within the next few days.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I think it will end up being a Top Pin for sure.

Sums up the feelings for every game within the first month of release. Then people start selling them and prices take a huge dip.

Big fan of the comics and show. Played three games on a pro at an event, walked away not very interested, big "been there, done that" feeling to the layout. Doubt polished code will make me take a second look at the game down the line.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Who's with me on this one? I can't stop playing it. I just had a ball jump off the right ramp on to the left ramp under the fish tank and came back DOWN the left ramps entrance. So it rode the left ramp backwards. It was crazy but, cool at the same time. You just never know what that ball is gonna do!
Their is so much of this game that we have all been asking for. Shots, Flow, Ramps, Unique layout without compromise. I believe they nailed it.

I have had the same thing happen to me,I love.it, also agree that it does have a pull that I have not felt in a long time,the magnets are crazy fun and you never know where the ball will be flung,but I have to be carful not to hurt my self nudging this game it can be a work out and I am serious about that,I think I torqued my Back trying to keep the ball in play,crazy

#20 9 years ago

I'm hoping the code will mature and give a better sense on what to do.

I currently just bashed the prison and well walker and hope the ball doesn't drain
Before I get multiball

Can anyone tell me what the 2 targets on side of the prison are for. ?

But as for now. I prefer my ST pro

#21 9 years ago

How's TWDLE vs AMH?

#22 9 years ago

I know I'm considered a TWD 'fan boy' but if the pf design sucked, well, theme would not have saved it.

'Guy' may not be a great league player but he knows a great design when he plays it.

Music is the same as when he originally played the prototype LE he said, but rules still feel basic compared to Lyman's original vision. Hopefully stern got all the legal crap cleaned up and gave Lyman the green light to reinstate his original ruleset and voice clips.

Other than that hillbilly bob isn't distracting at all. A few callouts are actually kinda funny. Kinda.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I'm hoping the code will mature and give a better sense on what to do.
I currently just bashed the prison and well walker and hope the ball doesn't drain
Before I get multiball
Can anyone tell me what the 2 targets on side of the prison are for. ?
But as for now. I prefer my ST pro

IIRC those two stand ups light double playfield on the Tower.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I have to say that mine is not a drain hog by any means. It is average. No real issues to report. Few air balls but, nothing I am trying to fix. The game rocks. I can honestly say it is now my favorite stern to date. I loved ST LE out of the box as well. TWD LE is just a whole new beast. I think it will end up being a Top Pin for sure.

Tommy is still better

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Tommy is still better

No it's not!

#26 9 years ago

My TWD LE arrives TODAY!!! Can't wait!... IMO the layout is unique and lots of fun.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

What's this "Tilt" think you speak of?

LOL. You have to install the bulb in order to get a tilt warning.

Quoted from Taygeta:

Big fan of the comics and show. Played three games on a pro at an event, walked away not very interested, big "been there, done that" feeling to the layout. Doubt polished code will make me take a second look at the game down the line.

I played the Pro at Expo and was also left unimpressed. Not a fan of the show either (never watched it). Played the LE at Gweems and changed my tune. Give it another try. Definitely needs code work but LE played better than the Pro for some reason to me. Maybe it was the home setting versus location.

#28 9 years ago

Had a few pinheads who were sure the game was a dud and the pop bumpers, no call outs from the show etc. made this a game to pass on but after some plays on my LE they quickly changed their tune and you could see the regret. I think its really fantastic and love the gameplay now with early code so its just going to get better, sound is crazy some of the best pin music I've ever heard. Animation are the best I've seen and its fast. Love it.

#29 9 years ago

I have the pro and it by far is the most fun pin I have played in awhile !!

#30 9 years ago

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

shhhhhhhhh.jpgshhhhhhhhh.jpg
#31 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What did TomGWI say. I can't take my eyes of Mrs Claus

#32 9 years ago

that's Mrs. Claus's sister.

Lauren---Bad-Santa-lauren-graham-544319_500_293.jpgLauren---Bad-Santa-lauren-graham-544319_500_293.jpg
#33 9 years ago

We have to post chicks on every thread I forget that.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How's TWDLE vs AMH?

AMH is very special and unique. AMH also makes me laugh and gets my guests going.
TWD LE though is jammed with action and is just faster and crazier. That being said, both are great just very different.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

You don't know me. What's this bulb thing again?

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I don't open the goody bag to help with resale value. If this so called "Bulb" is in there so be it. If Stern wanted it to be part of the game they would of installed it right?

#36 9 years ago

Are we still gonna get code before tomorrow?

#37 9 years ago

Agree I am hooked. Best game is 90 mil but I usually get 10-20. It just takes one ball to have a great game, just have to get everything going. I think the code is pretty good for being so early. One thing I would like to see updated is the magnet in front of the barn. It throws it sdtm too often.

How is the crossbow lit? I get it plenty but I still don't know.

#38 9 years ago

WD Pro also a great game.Can't just play one !

#39 9 years ago

Yeah when the magnets actually really grab the ball and throw it around it is greatness, should happen more on both magnets. Lighting is my big thing, lets get some pure red modes going and better use of the lighting in general. Code is fine for me right now so I can't imagine what 3 or 4 updates might bring. Awesome game.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Yes, was that new code thing just a rumour or fact?

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

WD Pro also a great game.Can't just play one !

Just got the delivery call on my TWD Pro for Monday Dec.1st. Looking forward to getting it!

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Zucot, you know what happens when you watch the Stern clock!

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

with all the bitching and complaining that was flooding pinside as details were coming out I'm glad to hear its a winner...I will probably pick one up early next year (a pro, not LE)

Go play it first. They have one at Lake Alice in Riverside.

I played it and have to say that it was the least fun pinball machine that I have played in a long time. There is nothing compelling about the pin. Nothing that feels very satisfying. The pops are ridiculous, both in terms of how much the ball is in there, and how the ball exits the pops...it seemed like a third of the time the ball would go SDTM.

Magnet on the pro is a joke. All it does is grab the ball, then it releases it slowly...often SDTM.

The shot to the far right to get the ball back in the shooter lane is boring and not satisfying.

Theme implementation as it currently stands is just terrible. The Redneck call outs have to go asap.

I'm glad that I backed out of my preorder on the LE. I wanted to LOVE this pin because of the theme. I didn't expect to be *this* disappointed. I spent about an hour and 15 minutes on the game. I think my highest score was around 75 million.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I played it and have to say that it was the least fun pinball machine that I have played in a long time. There is nothing compelling about the pin. Nothing that feels very satisfying. The pops are ridiculous, both in terms of how much the ball is in there, and how the ball exits the pops...it seemed like a third of the time the ball would go SDTM.
Magnet on the pro is a joke. All it does is grab the ball, then it releases it slowly...often SDTM.
The shot to the far right to get the ball back in the shooter lane is boring and not satisfying.
Theme implementation as it currently stands is just terrible. The Redneck call outs have to go asap.
I'm glad that I backed out of my preorder on the LE. I wanted to LOVE this pin because of the theme. I didn't expect to be *this* disappointed. I spent about an hour and 15 minutes on the game. I think my highest score was around 75 million.

Well Rob, you gave it a shot. That's all anyone can ask.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well Rob, you gave it a shot. That's all anyone can ask.

Yep. We all have our personal preferences. I think I spent enough time on this one to know it's not for me personally. I actually waited awhile to post my comments because I didn't want to overreact, and wanted it to sink in. I will be going back to play some more pinball there this week, and I will play TWD some more to see if my opinion changes a bit now that I have more of a feel for it.

It does happen. I used to really dislike TAF because of playing it on location. Played one at a Pinsider's house and really kind of liked it. Picked up a HUO TAF and I love it. So who knows, but these are my current impressions on TWD.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow. Well I respect that but, I could not disagree more. None of that seems true with mine. Everyone that has stopped to play it loves it. This LE does play way different and I think better than the pro I played several times at expo.

#47 9 years ago

Rob and buddy Smassa are clueless on this pin, we know its great Coast!

Buddy, you are absolutely wrong, but hey that's ok, you will pick one up later if you can

It's awesome fun and the LE is great

#48 9 years ago

I also have encountered very few of the issues described above (I have a Pro), save for the ball drain issue coming out of the pops (which I'll be fixing with a Williams post this week). And my prison magnet throws that ball all over the place. I've found that the SDTM issue can be largely eliminated if you hit both flippers to cancel the animation.

I think the theme integration is pretty good (barn, prison, CDC, well walker, riot, fish tank, arena, tunnel, crossbow, bicycle girl, etc.) and will only get better if they replace the callouts.

I'm in love with this game right now. None of my other pins have gotten any attention in the last month. I replaced all of the insert LEDs with colors and warm whites, frosted purple and orange on the back panel to look like a sunset, and I'll be putting warms in the GI this weekend. It looks so much better now. I also ordered some mods from Pinball Refinery. I think this game will be totally badass once the code is finished.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Im happy your into it, and it is a cool game, but the ball jumping ramps is a bad design flaw from lack of whitewood testing on Sterns part and it happens all too frequently from what ive heard and seen. Personally those sorts of things shouldn't happen in game play to me. but if it makes you feel better to say its cool then go for it. It was one of the many reasons apart from that prison that made me reverse my decision on getting one.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I'm in love with this game right now. None of my other pins have gotten any attention in the last month.

A consensus for sure, it's phenomenal and will only get better with Lyman updates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 654 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-is-addictive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.