(Topic ID: 109458)

TWD LE extras breakdown (is it worth it?)

By T7

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

There have been a lot of posts regarding is it worth it for a TWD LE. I have switched back and forth on this one, so I made this thread to suggest what each feature would cost if you could add it as a mod. You may not want every extra, but here is a breakdown of possible costs (if adding a mod).

Please keep in mind I'm not suggesting this is what it costs Stern to put the feature in the game, but a potential mod price to add the feature with it fully integrated - for example, spinners are cheap but an integrated spinner mod would not be, also the crossbow would be a very expensive (if not impossible) mod for a pro.

IMO these are reasonable estimates...
- Well Walker magnet $100
- Well Walker guts / lighted $50
- Lift Ramp w/ B-Girl Bash Toy $200
- Crossbow toy / fire button $500
- 2 Spinners $100
- Extra Drop Target $100
- Fish Tank - with coordinated lighting $100
- Color Controlled GI $200
- Color Changing Inserts $200
- Cabinet Art upgrade $250
- Classic lockdown bar & support rails $100
- Backglass upgrade $200
- Cabinet Trim $200
- Exlcusivity of LE - signatures, certificate and plaque priceless - not really: $300
----------------------------------------------------------
Total estimated value $2,600 - plus if you could buy these mods, you would have to install them too.

So adding up everything, and giving a value to the LE exclusivity it's not too bad. Although it still doesn't quite cover the cost difference (given these made up values). Also you usually expect a "bundled" pricing deal when purchasing a whole group of extras, like when buying a special edition car.

I think if Stern would have included the Shaker Motor and optional Topper on the LE, it would have really swayed the tide on the LE value proposition.

#2 9 years ago

Disclaimer: I would buy the LE

Quoted from T7:

is it worth it?

No.

#3 9 years ago

Both are great. The LE simply allows you to spend more and get additional features as well
as game play.

#4 9 years ago

May not be worth it but I bought one any ways. I like the added toys.

#5 9 years ago

Me too.

#6 9 years ago

It should have had all colour changing inserts and a metal apron with lights, the BG ramp zombie should have been lit up. I'm happy with it as its a great playing game and a lot of fun but feel somewhat cheated, I need the extras but if I could have seen it first might have gone pro. Maybe in time with code and the 2 colours in the GI, the mod for BG zombie and other fixes might make it what it should have been from the get go. Paid the same for my STLE and never ever felt the slightest bit let down with the appearance of that pin, time will tell I guess.

#7 9 years ago

Yup and that's about what I paid for it. Pro $4600 to $4800 plus the extras. $2600 of goodies!! I paid low $7k so I feel I got a deal. 253 here in the states is good news for me. I like the Blood Red look of the LE when it's on. The Pro lights up white. If you can't tell I like my TWDLE.

Post edited by 2RustyBalls

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It should have had all colour changing inserts and a metal apron with lights, the BG ramp zombie should have been lit up. I'm happy with it as its a great playing game and a lot of fun but feel somewhat cheated, I need the extras but if I could have seen it first might have gone pro. Maybe in time with code and the 2 colours in the GI, the mod for BG zombie and other fixes might make it what it should have been from the get go. Paid the same for my STLE and never ever felt the slightest bit let down with the appearance of that pin, time will tell I guess.

I would take a TWD LE over STLE any day of the week. If there was a benchmark comparison where the LE wasn't worth the cost over the pro, it would be STLE.

#9 9 years ago

That guys prices are out of wack anyway. You go get colour changing controlled inserts for $200, sure. I would think the cost of all those items would be much more then $2600.

#10 9 years ago

i am really on the fence here...i can afford the extra $3k but i am not seeing it...what am i missing...lol

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

i am really on the fence here...i can afford the extra $3k but i am not seeing it...what am i missing...lol

if money is an issue then go pro, if money isn't an issue and you want to experience the full game then go LE. IMO the LE is almost never worth the extra cost but if you thought about that every time, you wouldn't own any LE's.

#12 9 years ago

The more I think about it, I think the value on the LE vs PRO isn't all that different. Maybe a little better value on the PRO, but you could easily bump some of my prices by $50 each and hit the full cost difference.

There are more differences in game play than any other Pro VS LE since AC/DC....

- 2 spinners
- Extra drop target
- Crossbow Cannon
- Lift Ramp / BGirl Bash Toy
- Well Walker Magnet
- Color controlled GI Lighting
- Color changing inserts

Is there any other LE game that has this many game play differences?

#13 9 years ago

Color changing GI does not change game play...

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The more I think about it, I think the value on the LE vs PRO isn't all that different. Maybe a little better value on the PRO, but you could easily bump some of my prices by $50 each and hit the full cost difference.
There are more differences in game play than any other Pro VS LE since AC/DC....
- 2 spinners
- Extra drop target
- Crossbow Cannon
- Lift Ramp / BGirl Bash Toy
- Well Walker Magnet
- Color controlled GI Lighting
- Color changing inserts
Is there any other LE game that has this many game play differences?

Xmen had quite a few differences as well I believe.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

You're right in one sense, but it does change the experience of the player while playing. That's why I included it. Oddly enough I would categorize a color DMD or LED Monitor as having even less impact on game play, since I practically never look up from the playfield while playing.

#16 9 years ago

The fish tank is also gameplay interactive so should be on that list as well.

#17 9 years ago

Regardless le's never hold there value. If you wait eight month you will Lilkely save 1500 bucks on an le huo.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Funny thing is I have plenty of folks over who say that. Then we fire up ACDC with Refinery Total rock concert lighting mod and the lit apron, The shaker and the external sub. They walk away almost shaking.
These things greatly affect your experience of the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-extras-breakdown-is-it-worth-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.