image-855.jpg
image.jpg
image-384.jpg
image.jpg
image-167.jpg
image-73.jpg
image-480.jpg
image-368.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmezel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

This is a prototype made for size and fit to make sure it clears the apron the glass. It needs detail, lighting and possibly a laser sight added. At this point it simply clips on from the front of the crossbow mechanism using a transparent red bracket that I will try to light up.

This is a tough one since I only have about 8mm of clearance to work with. In the rest position, the right arm does project into the playfield but only on the left drain side. The left arm when in its rest position also goes between Rick's and Michonne's heads.

Available now! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twd-premle-crossbow-mod-by-mezelmods

#12 9 years ago

Okay back on topic, I need a laser that's less than 4mm in diameter and less than 12v of power. If anyone comes through, you will be rewarded handsomely.

#22 9 years ago

Alright, bought several 4mm 3v lasers, oh boy. Thanks for the tips!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Nice mod. I was wondering could you make one that was just an arrow too instead of a whole crossbow? I plan on getting joe at Pin Graphics crossbow apron mod and this mod would clash with that but an arrow would look awesome.

I already have an arrow designed, but the crossbow is priority. Let me see what I can do.

1 week later
#44 9 years ago

Update:

1. Returned to work this week after overcoming a 4 month struggle with a severe sleep apnea problem. So progress this week was slow going back to my real job again, but I am back into the groove again. Having pinball as a hobby was a great way to pass the time.
2. Have acquired help from a well-known Pinsider to test for fit on a production LE machine
3. Have confirmed there are no licensing issues
4. No code updates are required
5. Confirmation there will be no pre-ordering required
6. Planned for two versions only, with and without laser. The laser add-on will only be offered if the technical difficulties can be overcome.
7. Customer support will follow the path as usual through MEZELmods and your full satisfaction is what we strive for
8. We love our customer input and we try as hard as we can to make the appropriate changes
9. When the mod is complete, our delivery schedule is typically 5-7 days unless volume requirements exceed our capabilities. If this happens you will receive communication on the status of the delays
10. The MEZELmod team of 2 is strong, the only team difficulty is Kristin tends to boss me around a bit much, but thats been no different throughout our whole marriage

Play more Pinball!

#45 9 years ago

Received two red lasers today. It will fit so that is not an issue. Have successfully tested a rectified power source and the dot has good clarity well beyond the requirements needed. Will be working on the correct alignment, I am assuming I will target the middle of the Woodbury drop target and check how it looks on the rest of the playfield.

#47 9 years ago

Here a shot of the laser spot on the chest of Wellverine's brother. Laser is 4 foot away. That white spot in person is bright red. Red spot on the table is a reflection.

photo (8)-549.JPGphoto (8)-549.JPG

#49 9 years ago

The proto has been sent for fitting. It's not the right color and does not have the detail added. As soon as we have fit confirmed, detail with will added along with the laser. The brown piece is used to insert it into the mechanism.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#57 9 years ago

There will definitely be enough for everyone interested. The only mod I ever retired was that dam ST Enterprise, it was expensive and after I wrecked a couple I gave up.

1 week later
#63 9 years ago

First model was fitted and would not clear the apron. Sent two more and they both clear the apron but the glass is hitting it. Will do another revision this weekend. We are getting closer!

#65 9 years ago

3rd fitting was a success thanks to coasterguy and his pictures and patience! Will now work on the detail/fitting/alignment/hookup of the laser. There is just millimeters of clearance we had to overcome.

1 week later
#72 9 years ago

I need some input on the laser. All the shots are at different distances so would the primary shot be the Woodbury drop target?

#74 9 years ago

Got another going now, but it's a bit high now to hit the Woodbury target.

1. Woodbury
2. Wellverine
3. Prison

image-480.jpgimage-480.jpgimage-368.jpgimage-368.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#78 9 years ago

I have 3 crossbow test prints when I was aligning the laser, they ain't pretty, but could use a couple more people to test for clearance. The final product will be from Shapeways. Sorry, QG, US only.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I have a Premium if you need more test subjects.

pm me your address

#82 9 years ago

Got my testers, I will confirm who you are tonight.

2 weeks later
#100 9 years ago

Had several confirmations that the 3d printed prototypes work. I have a preliminary Shapeways version without the detail ready for coasterguy. Also sending him the harness to see if we can have the motor for the crossbow run the laser. We will also work on a decal to get riid of most of the exposed metal. And making another run at figuring out having an arrow affixed to the crossbow.

image-384.jpgimage-384.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#104 9 years ago

The laser was confirmed to work when the crossbow motor activates.

4 weeks later
#107 9 years ago

We took a step forward and added detail, but shapeways said it has a problem printing it. We will take some of the detail out and resubmit it.

Kinda having some second thoughts on what the laser will add, I am not sure if it may be worth going forward on it. We also want to have a decal to go with the crossbow so it hides most of the metal.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

if you need any free help with the shapeways design happy to help, have learnt alot of what works and what doesn't.

I think I know what's wrong, but you are definitely on deck!

4 weeks later
#114 9 years ago

Crossbow shipped from Shapeways today! Should have it in hand next week.

1 week later
#118 8 years ago

I just got the new detailed crossbow fitted and aligned the laser. I need to send to coasterguy for play testing by end of week...

#119 8 years ago

Here it is. The laser passes through all the shots even though they are different levels of the playfield. Off to be tested tomorrow.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#121 8 years ago

I wish I could give this a million thumbs up! That laser is aligned perfectly.

It's a bit tough to see in the video, but it was a PITA.

#123 8 years ago

No tweaking, mine will be the same build, it's whether Stern is building them the same.

#125 8 years ago

What I meant is they build the games to the same specs....

#128 8 years ago

3 weeks, gotta get the Shapeway order and have a good test.

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#134 8 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

I like it but it doesn't seem quite finished. Can you make 6-8 bad-azz looking black or aluminum colored plastic arrows that would string along the top of the bow (near the rear) somehow? Not sure what kind of clearance you need but that would give the mod a 'fuller' look.
hunting-arrows-carbon.jpg

There is no room on top, and my attempt to make scale arrows did not work.

But, I have Joe from Pingraffix working on a sticker to accompany the crossbow.

3 weeks later
#137 8 years ago

I need a tester for the laser crossbow...need it tested as soon as you receive it.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Be happy to help.....I hope its not above my skill Level!
...and Id love to buy one too!!!!

Very easy to install

1 week later
#148 8 years ago

Laser test went okay but wiring needs adjusting. Will be sending to Art for final fitting this week. Before July starts we should be shipping. Gotta make sure it's right,

1 week later
#150 8 years ago

Art has it in hand and should have it tested this week.

#157 8 years ago

I seriously can't buy another persons crossbow because I've been bugging Tim so much about his IT would be a total dick move for me to buy someone else's. But I really really hope Tim adds a metal arrow to his because it looks SOOOO good! But I'm in on Tim's either way.

Quoted from beatmaster:

i agree, i'd buy from tim also, he made it first and people should respect that.

I would buy the one you prefer from a design and price standpoint. It's a free market. I will fit strings on ours today, maybe I can get yoyokopter to help me with the arrow.

#160 8 years ago

Added the string which is elastic and an arrow. This is printed via Shapeways and has no print lines present.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Looks like Grandma is missing one of her knitting needles..lmao.. Looks good buddy.

It's scale and Grandma said I could use it.

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

so whats the price on this cross bow?

Kristin will work the numbers tomorrow.

#175 8 years ago

It came to $70. It should be in the marketplace next week.

#177 8 years ago

The first week will do about 5 and get some feedback and then roll these out full steam ahead.

3 weeks later
#179 8 years ago

Thanks to JJ and his boys at Game Exchange for testing and making this video.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5JbjTT8toVqfmw0RFJjUmxDc3lkUVpuTHl2bjNQNEwzSDMtVnFadnpJa1dwaWRNa3RwbWc&usp=sharing_eid

For video, watch IMG_0039.mov

IMG_0043.jpgIMG_0043.jpg

#181 8 years ago

I have retired from Pinside but it looks like my account is still active for now so I will make this one last post because I have been waiting for this mod sooooo long. Is it ready? I want, I want, I want! Please

Just built yours today and will ship tomorrow. I will have Kristin put it on our site so you can purchase. I will also do the official Marketplace post.

3 months later
#189 8 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Hi Tim
Any ideas as to whats happening with the Decal that was to come for the Crossbow?
Thanks

We really could not come up with anything good. If you have ideas Pingraffix would have made the decal for us. (Joeraptor)

#190 8 years ago

Apparently Stern has changed the orientation of the crossbow assembly, our crossbow designs will fit either configs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmezel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-crossbow-mod-by-mezelmods?tu=tmezel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.