image-855.jpg
image.jpg
image-384.jpg
image.jpg
image-167.jpg
image-73.jpg
image-480.jpg
image-368.jpg
There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago

Damn Stern, I love my LE but its shouldn't be up to me to bring my pin into true LE status. At least Mezel is making some cash not to mention cooler enhancements than we would have gotten from Stern. As I add more and more TWDLE is starting to look like an LE should. My topper should be coming next week I hope, but most likely I won't see it till after Xmas.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Damn Stern, I love my LE but its shouldn't be up to me to bring my pin into true LE status. At least Mezel is making some cash not to mention cooler enhancements than we would have gotten from Stern. As I add more and more TWDLE is starting to look like an LE should. My topper should be coming next week I hope, but most likely I won't see it till after Xmas.

Exactly, glad to support guys like Mezel but come on Stern, it's getting ridiculous what you get for the LE.

Well, you can count me out on future LE's.

#54 9 years ago

how about some kind of stickers to cover the metal 0n the cross bow..to go with your mod…the one from stern looks terrible

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly, glad to support guys like Mezel but come on Stern, it's getting ridiculous what you get for the LE.
Well, you can count me out on future LE's.

Same here bro. Mezel is rockin my pinball world along with the other modders out there.

Stern has gotta stop this cheap ass bom thinking. Now! I fear the next LE may not work as planned if they keep this crap up.

That being said, I gotta give em kudos for designing TWD and making it fun regardless. But it coulda been AWESOMER with this stuff added!!

Mezel, cannot wait for this! Gonna be much better! Put me down for green ( or red) laser crossbow ASAP!

#56 9 years ago

So excited for this mod. Can we pre order now?

#57 9 years ago

There will definitely be enough for everyone interested. The only mod I ever retired was that dam ST Enterprise, it was expensive and after I wrecked a couple I gave up.

#58 9 years ago

I am in too , when available. Great work.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

There will definitely be enough for everyone interested. The only mod I ever retired was that dam ST Enterprise, it was expensive and after I wrecked a couple I gave up.

I feel your pain on that one...chunking $50 bucks worth of Halmark in a trash can is hard to do.

What do you think about a folding crossbow that pivots in the center when in the park position.
Meaning when at rest the bow would look like a straight part of the arm. As the bow starts to sweep the playfield it would flex out showing itself. This would make the Mod a three part 3d print incorporating a spring at the center and adding a trigger pin on the left side to start the fold.+

Unsure if this can be done but it was a wild thought of mine. I dont have an LE to see what could be options there may be for folding and unfolding the crossbow.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I feel your pain on that one...chunking $50 bucks worth of Halmark in a trash can is hard to do.
What do you think about a folding crossbow that pivots in the center when in the park position.
Meaning when at rest the bow would look like a straight part of the arm. As the bow starts to sweep the playfield it would flex out showing itself. This would make the Mod a three part 3d print incorporating a spring at the center and adding a trigger pin on the left side to start the fold.+
Unsure if this can be done but it was a wild thought of mine. I dont have an LE to see what could be options there may be for folding and unfolding the crossbow.

I gave that idea to Tim already before the LE even came out. My guess is it couldn't be done or else he would have

#61 9 years ago

Tolerances are stupid tight where that Xbow sits. Anything more than a clip on item would be a chore to keep maintained and install. The less moving parts the better.

Cool idea though!

1 week later
#62 9 years ago

Bump for update.

#63 9 years ago

First model was fitted and would not clear the apron. Sent two more and they both clear the apron but the glass is hitting it. Will do another revision this weekend. We are getting closer!

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

First model was fitted and would not clear the apron. Sent two more and they both clear the apron but the glass is hitting it. Will do another revision this weekend. We are getting closer!

True success is trailed by previous failures. Thank you for working your tookus off to make a cool mod.

#65 9 years ago

3rd fitting was a success thanks to coasterguy and his pictures and patience! Will now work on the detail/fitting/alignment/hookup of the laser. There is just millimeters of clearance we had to overcome.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Be careful not to over mod

That ship has sailed, hit an iceberg, and topped the box office.

(not a dig at Mezel Mods specifically, just the coming wave of 3D printed mods in general)

#67 9 years ago

I've been playing withe the bow installed for a couple days now that it fits. So far no issues. I will let Tim know if any arise.

IMG_3652.jpgIMG_3652.jpg IMG_3651.jpgIMG_3651.jpg
#68 9 years ago

Add this to the list of things that should have been included with the game. This and the lack of a bicycle girl light are 2 astonishing omissions. Great game to play, but the LE value perception takes a hit every time a modder puts something into the game that should have been there in the first place.

At least the crossbow will still have a laser for nostaglia

Mezel is knocking it out of the park with these latest designs.

Famous last words : This is the last mod i am buying, i swear.

#69 9 years ago

just bought the prison mod, this one is gonna be sweet!

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

3rd fitting was a success thanks to coasterguy and his pictures and patience! Will now work on the detail/fitting/alignment/hookup of the laser. There is just millimeters of clearance we had to overcome.

Eagerly awaiting the final design so I can finally hit the go button on my shopping cart
Along with the Tower and the Prison Roof and the Hitchhiker Sign and the Well Walker bracket and all the Metallica mods I want...
Jeez, could you pls stop adding all these must have bits for our pins?!

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Eagerly awaiting the final design so I can finally hit the go button on my shopping cart
Along with the Tower and the Prison Roof and the Hitchhiker Sign and the Well Walker bracket and all the Metallica mods I want...
Jeez, could you pls stop adding all these must have bits for our pins?!

True sarcasm.

Now shaddup and keep buyin'! I'll do the same.

1 week later
#72 9 years ago

I need some input on the laser. All the shots are at different distances so would the primary shot be the Woodbury drop target?

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I need some input on the laser. All the shots are at different distances so would the primary shot be the Woodbury drop target?

I think you should aim for the farthest spot. That's what I did with my STTNG lasers and it worked perfect.

#74 9 years ago

Got another going now, but it's a bit high now to hit the Woodbury target.

1. Woodbury
2. Wellverine
3. Prison

image-480.jpgimage-480.jpgimage-368.jpgimage-368.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#75 9 years ago

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Got another going now, but it's a bit high now to hit the Woodbury target.
1. Woodbury
2. Wellverine
3. Prison

image.jpg 215 KB

image-368.jpg 209 KB

image-480.jpg 206 KB

That's perfect the way you have it! Maybe a tad lower but awesome

#77 9 years ago

Also just wondering, can we choose the colour of the crossbow since the 3D printer can print in different colours? I might go red.

#78 9 years ago

I have 3 crossbow test prints when I was aligning the laser, they ain't pretty, but could use a couple more people to test for clearance. The final product will be from Shapeways. Sorry, QG, US only.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I have 3 crossbow test prints when I was aligning the laser, they ain't pretty, but could use a couple more people to test for clearance. The final product will be from Shapeways. Sorry, QG, US only.

I have a Premium if you need more test subjects.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I have a Premium if you need more test subjects.

pm me your address

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Sorry, QG, US only.

Ah that sucks

#82 9 years ago

Got my testers, I will confirm who you are tonight.

1 week later
#83 9 years ago

Received my crossbow tester from Tim,took 2 seconds to install and fits perfectly, like Tim told me the production units will have a more finished appearance,all looks good.

image-73.jpgimage-73.jpg image-167.jpgimage-167.jpg
#84 9 years ago

looks good. Should have an arrow in it too, because if it's out, it's loaded.

#85 9 years ago

Looking good. I would definitely buy a version without the laser.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Received my crossbow tester from Tim,took 2 seconds to install and fits perfectly

I see you have bony flipper toppers. They don't interfere with the crossbow?

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I see you have bony flipper toppers. They don't interfere with the crossbow?

They look like they're painted nicely too. Did they come like that? Where did you get them?

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

They look like they're painted nicely too. Did they come like that? Where did you get them?

The bony flippers came from pinball life,they fit the pro fine but if you want to use them on the le or premium you wil have to grind ,sand the bottoms of the flippers to get them to sit lower,some may not be comfortable doing this and the mezel mod sits on top of the cross bow so that has nothing to do with the flippers

The flippers came painted

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The bony flippers came from pinball life,they fit the pro fine but if you want to use them on the le or premium you wil have to grind ,sand the bottoms of the flippers to get them to sit lower,some may not be comfortable doing this and the mezel mod sits on top of the cross bow so that has nothing to do with the flippers
The flippers came painted

So it did work... I bought a pair before someone posted that the crossbow wouldn't clear the left flipper. A buddy recommended to sand the bottom down as well. I was bit skeptical and thought nothing of it until now. Gotta do it tonight when I home from work. How much was needed to be taken off? Does it still strike the ball properly? Any insight would be appreciated.

#90 9 years ago

just do it! don't be scared!

#91 9 years ago

I post about the bony flippers right when the game came out and that they needed to be worked to fit the le,just be carful and sand and test fit until the bow clears the worst part is cleaning off the shaft but a dermal and sanding drums will do after you use a belt or disk for the larger surface,I have had hundreds of games on mine and they are still in one piece but I don't know if they will last forever.

#92 9 years ago

The crossbow mod is looking good.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

The crossbow mod is looking good.
» YouTube video

Don't you have a shorter video to show

Seriously, I can't wait until this is available, another should have been factory mod.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Don't you have a shorter video to show
Seriously, I can't wait until this is available, another should have been factory mod.

No time wasted. The video shows it working no need to see the crossbow swing back and forth.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

No time wasted. The video shows it working no need to see the crossbow swing back and forth.

Didn't see the laser and don't like the white crossbow and its too long for me, black much better, plus need a sticker or something on the mech itself.

It becomes a much bigger deal if and when Lyman programs the crossbow into the gameplay. As it stands now it sucks on Stern's part

#96 9 years ago

That video was too long. I zoned out at two seconds.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Didn't see the laser and don't like the white crossbow and its too long for me, black much better, plus need a sticker or something on the mech itself.
It becomes a much bigger deal if and when Lyman programs the crossbow into the gameplay. As it stands now it sucks on Stern's part

This is just a prototype that Mezel has me testing the fit of the mod and it fits perfect. This pro type does not have the laser attached and the final product will look like a real crossbow this is just a rough Prototype.

#98 9 years ago

I have had the black prototype for a while now. Zero issues with fit. The size is perfect too.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

This pro type does not have the laser attached and the final product will look like a real crossbow this is just a rough Prototype.

I don't think the pro version will sell very good.

#100 9 years ago

Had several confirmations that the 3d printed prototypes work. I have a preliminary Shapeways version without the detail ready for coasterguy. Also sending him the harness to see if we can have the motor for the crossbow run the laser. We will also work on a decal to get riid of most of the exposed metal. And making another run at figuring out having an arrow affixed to the crossbow.

image-384.jpgimage-384.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-crossbow-mod-by-mezelmods/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.