Topic Stats

• 190 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tmezel
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0043.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
hunting-arrows-carbon.jpg
image.jpg
image-855.jpg
image.jpg
image-384.jpg
image.jpg
image-167.jpg
image-73.jpg
image-480.jpg
image-368.jpg

There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 4 years ago

This is a prototype made for size and fit to make sure it clears the apron the glass. It needs detail, lighting and possibly a laser sight added. At this point it simply clips on from the front of the crossbow mechanism using a transparent red bracket that I will try to light up.

This is a tough one since I only have about 8mm of clearance to work with. In the rest position, the right arm does project into the playfield but only on the left drain side. The left arm when in its rest position also goes between Rick's and Michonne's heads.

Available now! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twd-premle-crossbow-mod-by-mezelmods

#2 4 years ago

Very nice!

#3 4 years ago

#4 4 years ago

This is looking good.

#5 4 years ago

Looks great! Won't help with my pro, but still nice. That one is really a no brainer from Stern. They should have dressed up the crossbow in that fashion. Way to go with your beautiful mods!

#6 4 years ago

That looks fantastic! You have gone above and beyond!

#7 4 years ago

looking good, put me down on the list for one!

p

#8 4 years ago

Looks nice! I wish Stern had made something like this but the arms of the crossbow folded in when it was at rest. I'm guessing something like that would be extremely difficult to add on after the fact. It would have been much easier if it was incorporated into the original design.

#9 4 years ago

Props to Mezel on this - not taking away from him - so I am just asking as I have done zero research on TWD LE:

Does the LE come factory with a metal arm and that is called a "crossbow" ....?

If so, wow, "F" for effort from Stern on that one.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Does the LE come factory with a metal arm and that is called a "crossbow" ....?

Yep. It's basically just a metal arm that swings out. They simply reused the "Fricken Laser" mech from Austin Powers, making no attempt whatsoever to make it look more like a crossbow. Like I said, I see no reason why they couldn't have designd it so that the arms folded in when it was in the docked position. Stern, unfortunately, chose to go the cheap route and dropped the ball.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yep. It's basically just a metal arm that swings out. They simply reused the "Fricken Laser" mech from Austin Powers, making no attempt whatsoever to make it look more like a crossbow. Like I said, I see no reason why they couldn't have designd it so that the arms folded in when it was in the docked position. Stern, unfortunately, chose to go the cheap route and dropped the ball.

Yeah they did.

Coulda been great....coulda been a contenda.

With Mezelmods help, it will be.

#12 4 years ago

Okay back on topic, I need a laser that's less than 4mm in diameter and less than 12v of power. If anyone comes through, you will be rewarded handsomely.

#14 4 years ago

Why the laser? It's cool but, they don't have them in the show right? Just curious. Is that what everyone thinks it should have?

#15 4 years ago

small laser pointer pen might work.

there's a lot of 6mm outhere if you can fit it.

Post edited by beatmaster: more infos

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Why the laser? It's cool but, they don't have them in the show right? Just curious. Is that what everyone thinks it should have?

It's cool. Don't need to be in the show. Let the coolness flow...

#17 4 years ago

I don't think you are going to be able to find a laser to fit the specs but it would be very cool!

The current crossbow looks good and maybe a way to light it up if possible as plan B.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Okay back on topic, I need a laser that's less than 4mm in diameter and less than 12v of power. If anyone comes through, you will be rewarded handsomely.

found it.

#19 4 years ago

You go Beatmaster! MAKE IT HAPPEN CAPTN!!

#20 4 years ago

nice idea on the mod Tim

#21 4 years ago

Nice mod. I was wondering could you make one that was just an arrow too instead of a whole crossbow? I plan on getting joe at Pin Graphics crossbow apron mod and this mod would clash with that but an arrow would look awesome.

#22 4 years ago

Alright, bought several 4mm 3v lasers, oh boy. Thanks for the tips!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Nice mod. I was wondering could you make one that was just an arrow too instead of a whole crossbow? I plan on getting joe at Pin Graphics crossbow apron mod and this mod would clash with that but an arrow would look awesome.

I already have an arrow designed, but the crossbow is priority. Let me see what I can do.

#24 4 years ago

Awesome, can't wait for this one Mezel!

#25 4 years ago

This is going to be the most mod heavy game in recent years. A for effort to everyone. Can't wait for the crossbow. Everyone that sees my game says "what is that?" in reference to the crossbow. Some decals for the crossbow would be nice too.

#26 4 years ago

Looks very good. Good dressup part homerun... now if you can get that laser sites working I think you have a grand slam.

#27 4 years ago

Very nice...glad I have waited to order your mods....saved a lot on shipping

#28 4 years ago

I'm with Coasterguy - why the laser? STTNG mod had it and fit the space theme but playing with it felt like cheating. Be careful not to over mod your cool crossbow design Tmezel. Nice work though.

#29 4 years ago

Can't see video on my phone

#30 4 years ago

Could be the mod that gets me to open the box lol

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm with Coasterguy - why the laser? STTNG mod had it and fit the space theme but playing with it felt like cheating.

+1

Having the laser definitely would take some of the skill out of it. Hopefully, it will be an optional upgrade.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Can't see video on my phone

This link worked for me (click watch on youtube):

#33 4 years ago

I just think the laser will make it more outer space and less end of the world, use what you got type of weapons. Ill take one with no laser please.

#34 4 years ago

Got it to work. Sweet.. Decal the top of the metal before inserting it. Get rid of the metal under the bow. Camouflage the metal?

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Decal the top of the metal before inserting it. Get rid of the metal under the bow. Camouflage the metal?

It would look cool if it was hydroprinted to look like wood.

#36 4 years ago

I've already bought it, just isn't made yet.

Negotiating skills= none.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I've already bought it, just isn't made yet.
Negotiating skills= none.

I'm the same, and I have zero patience. If I did I could save a lot of cash in shipping. But must have it right away, I'm in on this too.

#38 4 years ago

I take one, with or without laser

#39 4 years ago

Green laser color if you can gang! Would look more , uhm, ghoulish. (?)

#40 4 years ago

green would def make it easier to notice it. There is already so much red.

#41 4 years ago

Very nice

#43 4 years ago

Thats pretty sweet

#44 4 years ago

Update:

1. Returned to work this week after overcoming a 4 month struggle with a severe sleep apnea problem. So progress this week was slow going back to my real job again, but I am back into the groove again. Having pinball as a hobby was a great way to pass the time.
2. Have acquired help from a well-known Pinsider to test for fit on a production LE machine
3. Have confirmed there are no licensing issues
4. No code updates are required
5. Confirmation there will be no pre-ordering required
6. Planned for two versions only, with and without laser. The laser add-on will only be offered if the technical difficulties can be overcome.
7. Customer support will follow the path as usual through MEZELmods and your full satisfaction is what we strive for
8. We love our customer input and we try as hard as we can to make the appropriate changes
9. When the mod is complete, our delivery schedule is typically 5-7 days unless volume requirements exceed our capabilities. If this happens you will receive communication on the status of the delays
10. The MEZELmod team of 2 is strong, the only team difficulty is Kristin tends to boss me around a bit much, but thats been no different throughout our whole marriage

Play more Pinball!

#45 4 years ago

Received two red lasers today. It will fit so that is not an issue. Have successfully tested a rectified power source and the dot has good clarity well beyond the requirements needed. Will be working on the correct alignment, I am assuming I will target the middle of the Woodbury drop target and check how it looks on the rest of the playfield.

#46 4 years ago

Please make the Laser adapt to Austin Powers . I've been wanting one of them for a long time .

#47 4 years ago

Here a shot of the laser spot on the chest of Wellverine's brother. Laser is 4 foot away. That white spot in person is bright red. Red spot on the table is a reflection.

photo (8)-549.JPG

#48 4 years ago

Looks really nice, I'm in for one!

#49 4 years ago

The proto has been sent for fitting. It's not the right color and does not have the detail added. As soon as we have fit confirmed, detail with will added along with the laser. The brown piece is used to insert it into the mechanism.

image.jpg

#50 4 years ago

Can't wait to see it in action. This is must for add on...something Stern should have done in the first place!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 499.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 19.95
There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside