(Topic ID: 109579)

TWD LE: Best Way To Adjust Outlane Posts?

By PinballZach

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

My TWD LE arrived a few days ago and I love that it's a tough game but it really seems to like those outlane drains. The outlane posts are adjustable like all games but is only reachable on the right side through a small hole in the ramp, the left is blocked on the LE by the crossbow magnet ramp diverter. How should I proceed to move the outlane posts down to there lower position without taking the ramp off completely or am I stuck taking it apart?

#2 4 years ago

Yes tough game, leave it a fact setting & work harder at it IMO

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Yes tough game, leave it a fact setting & work harder at it IMO

Yeah, I keep fighting with myself about whether I should leave them alone or not, I was hoping to move them down for a little while just to get some more practice on the shots then move them back up.

#4 4 years ago

Even with the slight adjustment made, minimal difference

#5 4 years ago

You have to move the ramps a little not remove just enough to move them enough,and like stated above it helps very little

#6 4 years ago

Yes you have to move ramps, but it only takes about 15 minutes, to get a little help with out lane
drains.

#7 4 years ago

Just put a thicker rubber on it. That's what she said.

#8 4 years ago

If you take out the lower 4 ramp screws on the left side, and the lower 2 ramp screws on the right side, the ramps will be able to move enough to remove the posts and put them in the lower holes. That is what I did anyway.

3 weeks later
#9 4 years ago

Any update? Also installation od standard posts instead of mini didn't help to avoid permanent draining much. Quite often it bumps directly from the left or right sling to the corresponding outlane without any chance to save the ball.

#10 4 years ago

I can't find them now but I bought thick white rubbers and changed the thin posts to star posts on my IM and it worked really well. I'll post the type once I allocate them. I'm going to do this on my TWDLE I think.

#11 4 years ago

That would be great. So after changing mini posts to star posts I need to install bigger rubbers to the star post than usually, hope this will work better.

#12 4 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-0012

Might have been just a 1/2 inch. I'll keep looking

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside