20150321_123223.jpg
Candy.jpg
LESpendFV.jpg
LESpend.jpg
image-566.jpg
image.jpg
20150222_194705.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yipykya.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago
#8 9 years ago

Woodbury drop target won't go down all the way and sticks partially up...
Copied from another thread to include here:

Quoted from Yipykya:

jetspeedb said:The only issue I have is woodbury drop target. If a ball makes contact it drops just fine. It also goes up. If the machine tries to lower the drop without contact it stops half way. It really doesnt look like its caught up on anything so Im not sure whats up.

QuarterGrabber said:It does it to me too. I thought it was the decal I put on the drop but now I think it might be a code issue?

jetspeedb said:Something is ticking. I can hear it but cant figure out wts is causing it yet.

This happened to me when I put a sticker from the goody bag on the woodbury drop target. I shined a light down the front of the drop while it was up and ticking and discovered a metal arm resting against the drop connected to (I'm going to say a coil?) a coil underneath the PF. I took the sticker off and problem solved. So I did a cut out on my sticker and no issues since. I cut out the middle of the sticker where it is black. After the sticker is applied you can't see the cut out since the drop target matches. This is what I cut out:

woodburysticker - cutout.jpgwoodburysticker - cutout.jpg

woodburysticker.jpgwoodburysticker.jpg

My top edges are a little ratty because I took it off a few times during the initial trouble shooting phase. I cut off the bottom straight across to shorten it because it doesn't show when the drop is up and I couldn't reach the bottom to apply pressure when sticking it on with out further disassembly. With the bottom cut short I still had the problem described in the quotes above and then the solution dawned on me to nibble out the square box. Hope this can help others!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I didn't know that sticker even existed.

It is located on the back side of the Barn Spinner on the left. There are all kinds of spares in the sacred goody bag that came with your machine.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

- Left Ramp flap digging into playfield - add protection to bottom of left ramp
---- possibly file down underside of rivets
---- mylar or felt with adhesive over rivets on bottom of ramp

Credit goes to Pinballer22 for demonstrating this first and Mzhulk for his encouragement and direction. I used a dremel with a sanding drum and leveled the bottom edge of the plastic ramp flush with the play field when the ramp is down. I attached stick on felt over the rivets and everything works great now. Ball goes up the ramp smooth every single time.

dremeledramp.jpgdremeledramp.jpg

feltramp.jpgfeltramp.jpg

fuzzyramp.jpgfuzzyramp.jpg

stickerfelt.jpgstickerfelt.jpg

In concert with the fix below, my troubles with the left ramp are officially over now:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-left-ramp-air-balls-solved-in-1-minute-fix

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Nice pics helping others with where to put the felt - but you forgot about fixing the slop in the left ramp.
Please do the following to make the left ramp even better than where you are at now...
- trim the felt piece to NOT cover the spring steel flap
- add a piece of 3/16" weather stripping (trimmed) on the spring steel flap butted up against the plastic
This is needed to make the lifting ramp flap "grip" the playfield, and results in a much smoother left ramp.
BTW - My original solution for the ramp damaging the playfield was adding the felt, but the left ramp was still not smooth and rattled. Then I added the weather stripping and it made a big difference.

Yes, I picked up some of that weather stripping and will add it at some point perhaps but right now I don't want to tempt fate, murphy's law and all. It plays really great for me and I couldn't be more pleased with these adjustments.

Anyway, to add one more thing, I had to tighten down the two posts on both sides at the bottom of the left ramp AGAIN. This was the second time I found them loose. They do take a beating. My pin came with no lock washers under the screw heads for these posts. Now that they are tight I definitely see the ball come off them much more sharply when I miss the ramp shot. When they get loose there is a deadening affect on the ball.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

They also stripped the screws when installing it so I cannot remove it to sand it down properly and even adding felt, etc will now be a hassle.
This ramp is definitely my only complaint with the game, with that and the air balls/bounce outs.

You should be able to remove the BG ramp by removing 2 "C" shaped cotter pin dealy clamp thingies. No need to unscrew much other than to get things out of the way to make it easier.

Air balls? This worked quite easily for me and I haven't had an air ball on the ramp since:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-left-ramp-air-balls-solved-in-1-minute-fix

#58 9 years ago

Good call. Once I wear mine out I'll do that!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yipykya.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-adjustments-and-mods?tu=yipykya and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.