20150321_123223.jpg
Candy.jpg
LESpendFV.jpg
LESpend.jpg
image-566.jpg
image.jpg
20150222_194705.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dylanfan71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think I have a pretty good way to make the outlanes a little more tolerable, still drains but kinda makes it like there was a third level of movement of the post available. Used a full inch rubber on the posts and 2 of the 3/16 for thin post on the plastic piece. Worth a try.

After getting my ass kicked in 4 out of 5 games, I'm moving those outlanes. I drain much more often from right sling to left outlane than from the pops or either of the magnets.

2 months later
#259 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Finally got around to playing an LE version of this pin.
Unbelievable.
I simply do not understand how the LE can play so different than the pro in terms of SDTM drains from the pops! The pro that I've played drains from the pops rather extensively, to the point of frustration. Many others have said the same thing.
Also, the majority of LE owners have claimed that they do not have this issue.
I can now confirm this as well. The LE that I played didn't have this issue at all. I played many games, and I counted exactly 1 SDTM drain from the pops all night.
However, I did get several SDTM drains from the prison magnet releasing the ball. I think this can be fixed in code with different pulsing of the magnet?
As far as LE features vs the pro...If the pro didn't have the SDTM issues from the pops, I think the pro is a much better value. Don't get me wrong. The LE looks great! But at least two "features" of the LE were actual drawbacks to me: The crossbow is pretty goofy and worthless. Not sure that I hit more than 1 shot with it all night, and even when I did...so what? And when I'd miss...the stupid cross bow mech would block the ball so I couldn't see it, causing me to lose the ball a couple times.
Bicycle girl is also a negative. It's a bash toy that basically reduces the flow of the game. I prefer the pro since the ramp is never blocked by the bicycle girl zombie.
Of course the RGB inserts on the LE is a big plus. The fish tank is pretty cool on the LE too, but that can be added to a pro.
Premium would be a good compromise to get the RGB inserts...but still not sure I'd want it because of the cross bow and bicycle girl.
Bottom line though is, not surprisingly, the pin is obviously more fun without the SDTM issue from the pops. I am more open to the idea of owning one of these down the road when Lyman has polished the code.

Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I have a pro and have never drains from the pops or the prison magnet

I hate to beat the dead horse again, but it really is how the game is set up. I moved my LE from one spot to another in the game room and the first dozen games in the new spot played completely different until I did a thorough level. The drains were brutal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dylanfan71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-adjustments-and-mods?tu=dylanfan71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.