20150321_123223.jpg
Candy.jpg
LESpendFV.jpg
LESpend.jpg
image-566.jpg
image.jpg
20150222_194705.jpg
image.jpg
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 9 years ago

I know I saw somewhere you can replace the stacked rubber sleeves/posts on the right and left of the bg ramp entry to be one peice but I have searched and cannot find the info. Anyone know?

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

I know I saw somewhere you can replace the stacked rubber sleeves/posts on the right and left of the bg ramp entry to be one peice but I have searched and cannot find the info. Anyone know?

That's actually a good idea, might keep it from coming loose a bit better. So, I'd like to know too.

#253 9 years ago

Oh and since I'm here. Here's some pics of the bloody armor. To me, really made the game, but of course I've got a black and red themed game room (right down to custom M&Ms and gumballs).
LESpend.jpgLESpend.jpgLESpendFV.jpgLESpendFV.jpgCandy.jpgCandy.jpg

#254 9 years ago

Has anyone made anything for the two black sets of rubber posts on the entrance of the left ramp. Mine still come lose and if I tighten them down they just bend and sink. I would love tow metal versions to go there instead of 4 plastic. Something more stiff and snug anyway. I have tried locking washers.

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Has anyone made anything for the two black sets of rubber posts on the entrance of the left ramp. Mine still come lose and if I tighten them down they just bend and sink ... I have tried locking washers.

Have you tried blue Loctite?

#256 9 years ago

Finally got around to playing an LE version of this pin.

Unbelievable.

I simply do not understand how the LE can play so different than the pro in terms of SDTM drains from the pops! The pro that I've played drains from the pops rather extensively, to the point of frustration. Many others have said the same thing.

Also, the majority of LE owners have claimed that they do not have this issue.

I can now confirm this as well. The LE that I played didn't have this issue at all. I played many games, and I counted exactly 1 SDTM drain from the pops all night.

However, I did get several SDTM drains from the prison magnet releasing the ball. I think this can be fixed in code with different pulsing of the magnet?

As far as LE features vs the pro...If the pro didn't have the SDTM issues from the pops, I think the pro is a much better value. Don't get me wrong. The LE looks great! But at least two "features" of the LE were actual drawbacks to me: The crossbow is pretty goofy and worthless. Not sure that I hit more than 1 shot with it all night, and even when I did...so what? And when I'd miss...the stupid cross bow mech would block the ball so I couldn't see it, causing me to lose the ball a couple times.

Bicycle girl is also a negative. It's a bash toy that basically reduces the flow of the game. I prefer the pro since the ramp is never blocked by the bicycle girl zombie.

Of course the RGB inserts on the LE is a big plus. The fish tank is pretty cool on the LE too, but that can be added to a pro.

Premium would be a good compromise to get the RGB inserts...but still not sure I'd want it because of the cross bow and bicycle girl.

Bottom line though is, not surprisingly, the pin is obviously more fun without the SDTM issue from the pops. I am more open to the idea of owning one of these down the road when Lyman has polished the code.

#257 9 years ago

I have a pro and have never drains from the pops or the prison magnet

#258 9 years ago

I have the Pro, and when I first set it up, the drain from the pops was pretty annoying.

To fix the problem, I adjusted the pitch. I'm set to about 6.7 and the difference is night and day. Better flow and no more pop drains. Not since TFLE has a change in pitch affected gameplay so much. SDTM from the magnet will probably be addressed with code.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Finally got around to playing an LE version of this pin.
Unbelievable.
I simply do not understand how the LE can play so different than the pro in terms of SDTM drains from the pops! The pro that I've played drains from the pops rather extensively, to the point of frustration. Many others have said the same thing.
Also, the majority of LE owners have claimed that they do not have this issue.
I can now confirm this as well. The LE that I played didn't have this issue at all. I played many games, and I counted exactly 1 SDTM drain from the pops all night.
However, I did get several SDTM drains from the prison magnet releasing the ball. I think this can be fixed in code with different pulsing of the magnet?
As far as LE features vs the pro...If the pro didn't have the SDTM issues from the pops, I think the pro is a much better value. Don't get me wrong. The LE looks great! But at least two "features" of the LE were actual drawbacks to me: The crossbow is pretty goofy and worthless. Not sure that I hit more than 1 shot with it all night, and even when I did...so what? And when I'd miss...the stupid cross bow mech would block the ball so I couldn't see it, causing me to lose the ball a couple times.
Bicycle girl is also a negative. It's a bash toy that basically reduces the flow of the game. I prefer the pro since the ramp is never blocked by the bicycle girl zombie.
Of course the RGB inserts on the LE is a big plus. The fish tank is pretty cool on the LE too, but that can be added to a pro.
Premium would be a good compromise to get the RGB inserts...but still not sure I'd want it because of the cross bow and bicycle girl.
Bottom line though is, not surprisingly, the pin is obviously more fun without the SDTM issue from the pops. I am more open to the idea of owning one of these down the road when Lyman has polished the code.

Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I hate to beat the dead horse again, but it really is how the game is set up. I moved my LE from one spot to another in the game room and the first dozen games in the new spot played completely different until I did a thorough level. The drains were brutal.

#260 9 years ago

I'm the same all good with my pro i'm guessing pitch has a lot to do with it?

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I'm the same all good with my pro i'm guessing pitch has a lot to do with it?

What's the pitch level set at guys ??

#262 9 years ago

Samurai Sword & Barbed Wire mod.

20150321_123223.jpg20150321_123223.jpg
20150319_082221.jpg20150319_082221.jpg
20150319_082042.jpg20150319_082042.jpg
20150319_081943.jpg20150319_081943.jpg
20150319_082135.jpg20150319_082135.jpg
20150319_081913.jpg20150319_081913.jpg

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Samurai Sword & Barbed Wire mod.
20150321_123223.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150319_082221.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150319_082042.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150319_081943.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150319_082135.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150319_081913.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

looks great. I didn't make up any mods yet, I have mezel mods, pinball graffix and pinball refinery parts on mine. I am gonna add some personal touches one being the railroad boxcar. this pin can eat up a lot of money. if you can make up some mods that look great and save some dough at the same time (plus its your own personal touch) very nice!!

2 weeks later
#264 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

So, what's the best way to get a hold of someone at Stern about this problem, the 1-800-KICKERS number or an email address (if so which one)?
I got my BG ramp off, remove the random post to better access the white plastic and e-clip that raises and lowers ramp by the way. I know that's probably stating the obvious, but I tried to be lazy at first and after I took it out, it was very easy. And as Gweempose mentioned, that sucker can go flying so have a magnet handy or eagle eyes.
Not only was the plastic rough, but the metal blade was as well. I've got damage in two spots, both labeled on the pic. There's a line visible to the right of the number 2, that's the edge of the factory mylar. I'm not sure if number 1 is just chewed up mylar or chewed threw and actual playfield damage.

BGRampDamage.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I started a thread about bg ramp cliffy but wanted to cross post here. Here's a cover up for the pf damage:

20150406_161500.jpg20150406_161500.jpg
3 months later
#265 8 years ago

Looking through this thread to get some ideas for my premium that I just picked up. One thing I didn't see here.

My bicycle girl ramp does not seem to be centered between the two posts. It seems significantly skewed towards the right post so there is a fairly large gap between the ramp the right ramp wall. Is there a way to adjust this? Is it necessary for the ramp to be centered for a smooth shot?

#266 8 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

Looking through this thread to get some ideas for my premium that I just picked up. One thing I didn't see here.
My bicycle girl ramp does not seem to be centered between the two posts. It seems significantly skewed towards the right post so there is a fairly large gap between the ramp the right ramp wall. Is there a way to adjust this? Is it necessary for the ramp to be centered for a smooth shot?

Anyone have any suggestions here?

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

Looking through this thread to get some ideas for my premium that I just picked up. One thing I didn't see here. My bicycle girl ramp does not seem to be centered between the two posts. It seems significantly skewed towards the right post so there is a fairly large gap between the ramp the right ramp wall. Is there a way to adjust this? Is it necessary for the ramp to be centered for a smooth shot?

My machine is the same, but it doesn't seem to effect the ramp shot. There's some play in the mechanism so it won't always be centered.

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

Anyone have any suggestions here?

This would affect the ramp if you don't have the "fix". The fix of having the pads on the bottom causes the ramp to stick to the playfield a little, instead of sliding around. So just make sure you have the foam pads or weather stripping material keeping the lift ramp solid.

3 months later
#269 8 years ago

WAY too much give on my BG ramp, it was moving from side to side.
Put an old post rubber to work as seen in the pic.
Voila. Problem solved.
I think I might be a genius.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#270 8 years ago

Did anyone ever make a metal apron for the pre/le? I know there was talk of it at one point but never heard/saw anything since.

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Did anyone ever make a metal apron for the pre/le? I know there was talk of it at one point but never heard/saw anything since.

Nope, never. Modders didn't think it was worth it

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Nope, never. Modders didn't think it was worth it

Is it basically a case of buying one from PBL and modifying it or is there more to it?

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Is it basically a case of buying one from PBL and modifying it or is there more to it?

Way more to it then that. You will have to do a lot of metal cutting and modifying to accommodate the crossbow and it will probably look like crap when finished, all for $75 plus shipping and hours of work.

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Way more to it then that. You will have to do a lot of metal cutting and modifying to accommodate the crossbow and it will probably look like crap when finished, all for $75 plus shipping and hours of work.

I figured it was going to be a pita. W/ that said I have access to a shop and someone more skilled than myself when it comes to working w/ metal. Just not sure how may trial and error $75 I want to do and/or go through I'm sending my plastic one out to get wrapped so I might look into metal down the road......

#275 8 years ago

I have a fix for the crossbow. My crossbow would give a full powered shot one time then a weak ass shot the next. You never know if you could make the ramp or if it would be a weak shot that just dribbled out. So I took everything apart and notice that big black and red wires were interfering with the metal plunger in the coil. The ball would push the metal plunger down then it would get stuck on these wires sometimes. I took a small black zip tie and tied both wires to the metal crossbow frame and away from the plunger and BAM, now I get a full power crossbow shot every time!

#276 8 years ago

Can't you use an apron from Austin Powers ? Or is that one plastic too ?

#277 8 years ago

Almost in , almost in... should have an Le in the line up end of the week, and i totally prefer the premium translite over the big staring zombie versions , so I've fumbled up a quick "governor" translite in photoshop based on a comic image thats going in my mine, cant wait!

Screen_shot_2015-11-03_at_12.24.14.pngScreen_shot_2015-11-03_at_12.24.14.png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-adjustments-and-mods/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.