20150321_123223.jpg
Candy.jpg
LESpendFV.jpg
LESpend.jpg
image-566.jpg
image.jpg
20150222_194705.jpg
image.jpg
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

that sounds like the earlier ramp kit that was sent out a couple of weeks ago along with a spacer. Are you sure this is the new kit? I heard that there was supposed to be a new, longer ramp flap and plastic design.

I hope you're right,this is what I received

ZG ramp1.jpgZG ramp1.jpg
ZGramp 2.jpgZGramp 2.jpg

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

I hope you're right,this is what I received

ZG ramp1.jpg 65 KB

ZGramp 2.jpg 52 KB

How did you get that? I think I fixed the ramp on my own, but would love that plastic piece to help with the air balls once in awhile.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

How did you get that? I think I fixed the ramp on my own, but would love that plastic piece to help with the air balls once in awhile.

From our Aussie Distributor

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

From our Aussie Distributor

Okay, I'll check with mine. Thanks G!

#155 9 years ago

Well, you got half of what was in my 1st ramp fix kit, minus a plastic bushing and hex post.
The only thing I didn't get was the bump ons....I really think that this was the first generation attempt
at fixing the problem. My understanding was they were working on longer flap, ramp plastic design.
I will keep you posted on my end.

#156 9 years ago

Do you think its possible to use a hack saw to shorten the right hex post to remove the "step" from lift ramp to plastic ramp?

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Do you think its possible to use a hack saw to shorten the right hex post to remove the "step" from lift ramp to plastic ramp?

absolutely, this would work. You might have to add 1/4 plastic bushing on left hex post that holds the ramp and this would torque it along with the shorter hex post to make the gap smooth.

#158 9 years ago

Ok, put my ramp back together with the little pin Pat at Stern sent me. My game is now playing pretty smoothly.

So at this point here's what I've done:
1) 2" by just a hair over 1/4" stick on felt, the stuff is holding on extremely well and covers the rivets and hasn't altered the height of the ramp to keep the ball from going up. How long it lasts? Well I don't know yet.
2) Removed factory mylar and added my own. There won't be any way to tell if it's still damaging the playfield with the old piece.
3) Retightened all the upper ramp posts when I was done. This alone allowed me to adjust how the flap met the rest of the ramp and likely made the biggest difference.

The one thing no amount of adjusting will fix though, but I believe the ramp kit Stern is sending out will is the air balls. The ramp is simply too steep. So if you really get a clean shot up it, often the small plastic "guard" is insufficient to stop it from escaping. I'm pretty sure they're including a larger one.

#159 9 years ago

My latest mod for my Pro

Zombie.jpgZombie.jpg
2 weeks later
#160 9 years ago

What are people doing about the flaking decal at the base of the well walker? Mine is flaking bad, and I don't even have 250 balls played on my game yet. Is there an aftermarket solution, or has Stern fixed this on later runs?

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What are people doing about the flaking decal at the base of the well walker? Mine is flaking bad, and I don't even have 250 balls played on my game yet. Is there an aftermarket solution, or has Stern fixed this on later runs?

Mine is already torn off!!! What a POS way of covering a bash area
Why bother replacing it knowing its going to do the same thing again

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Mine is already torn off!!! What a POS way of covering a bash area
Why bother replacing it knowing its going to do the same thing again

I just got off the phone with Chas at Stern. He acknowledges that it was a bad design. He said he would send me another decal, but it's just going to get damaged again. Unless someone can come up with a better idea, I might just take the whole thing off and keep it bare metal.

#163 9 years ago

My pro came just bare metal.

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

My pro came just bare metal.

Does it have the small round black rubber piece in the front?

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Does it have the small round black rubber piece in the front?

yep, just the rubber, looks like some cost cutting on the pro

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Yep, just the rubber, looks like some cost cutting on the pro ...

Or perhaps they realized it was pointless to put a decal on that was just going to get destroyed, and stopped doing it on later runs. Do the early pros have the decal? What about the premiums?

#167 9 years ago

Mines bare metal to

#168 9 years ago

A lot of good ideas in this thread, lets keep it going.

#169 9 years ago

What about wrapping some drop dead foam around the base of the well walker? Would that stuff hold up to the abuse better than the decal?

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Or perhaps they realized it was pointless to put a decal on that was just going to get destroyed, and stopped doing it on later runs. Do the early pros have the decal? What about the premiums?

My pro has the decal and its starting to get messed up. Someone made a pants decal for it I think it was pin grafix but not sure if it will hold up and better

#171 9 years ago

Well Walker : Without looking at the game; is there any chance slingshot rubber or a flipper sized rubber could fit around this monstrosity .

Another decal bites the dust.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

My pro has the decal and its starting to get messed up. Someone made a pants decal for it I think it was pin grafix but not sure if it will hold up and better

What about painting it to look like blue jeans, & then using a clear epoxy to protect? Or the blue jeans sticker with Mylar wrapped over it, will that hold up?

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Well Walker : Without looking at the game; is there any chance slingshot rubber or a flipper sized rubber could fit around this monstrosity.

I don't think you would want anything as bouncy as a flipper rubber.

#174 9 years ago

Get a new sticker from Stern or print out the belt one, then cut a piece of mylar to go over it.
I did it and it works great.

#175 9 years ago

Mylar wont last long.

#176 9 years ago

Topper is installed! Looks really cool!

PART_1420585492954_PART_1420585490920_.IMG_20150106_180425.jpgPART_1420585492954_PART_1420585490920_.IMG_20150106_180425.jpg PART_1420637554621_20150106_173104.jpgPART_1420637554621_20150106_173104.jpg
#177 9 years ago

When is the armor getting released? A month ago they said it would be available in the next couple weeks, and then nothing and now the Prison Tower is available ahead of it.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Well Walker : Without looking at the game; is there any chance slingshot rubber or a flipper sized rubber could fit around this monstrosity .

Trust me, you don't want anything bigger then a piece of paper around the well walker. A rubber ring would make the tunnel shot even smaller and harder to make.

1 week later
#179 9 years ago

Added clear rubbers, red flipperfingers, STERN side decals, MezelMods Woodbury and Prison roof and a self made A Boxcar. In addition the custom painted coin door and shooter rod. image1(6).JPGimage1(6).JPGimage2(3).JPGimage2(3).JPGimage3(4).JPGimage3(4).JPGimage4(1).JPGimage4(1).JPGimage5.JPGimage5.JPGimage6.JPGimage6.JPGimage7.JPGimage7.JPGimage8.JPGimage8.JPG

#180 9 years ago

where did you get the boxcar and track from

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Added clear rubbers, red flipperfingers, STERN side decals, MezelMods Woodbury and Prison roof and a self made A Boxcar. In addition the custom painted coin door and shooter rod.

image1(6).JPG 32 KB

image2(3).JPG 50 KB

image3(4).JPG 52 KB

image4(1).JPG 43 KB

image5.JPG 45 KB

image6.JPG 36 KB

image7.JPG 32 KB

image8.JPG 41 KB

Looks great! Do those clear rubbers bounce more than the white ones? If not, where can you get them? And considering you have a detailed order form, would you mind sharing it? It would streamline the process for alot of us here with little experience. Thanks for posting the pics and any help is appreciated.

#183 9 years ago

My decal is shot to shit as well.

I'm thinking about trying the extra thin self adhesive felt around the base that I got from Hobby Lobby.

I'll let you guys know how that works out.

#184 9 years ago

I jusr saw one in person, where he used a magnetic rubber strip with self adhesive about 3/4in wide around the base. Another idea was to see if useing a streched out flipper band worked...I think it's too small for the diameter around the WW. I'm thinking of using multiple black sling shot band instead of the flipper band. I'd like to try this out today but have none of these in stock. If anybody has any of the above and would like to try it out that would be much appreciated.

#185 9 years ago

I thought about using the plastic "hook" side of a piece of velcro. It would stand up to the hits no problem. I'm just not sure if the action would be right.

#186 9 years ago

how about a regular rubber band? a large one
or any kind of rubber with 2 face tape?
a laminated decal with mylar?

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't think you would want anything as bouncy as a flipper rubber.

WHat about made out of that Blue rubber? That stuff seems to absorb the ball shock to a standstill. Another idea, would be back your decal with thick double sided foam tape. The tape would take a bunch of the impact and wouldn't be so harsh on your graphics of the decal.

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

WHat about made out of that Blue rubber? That stuff seems to absorb the ball shock to a standstill.

That's why I considered using some of that black no-bounce foam. I just don't think it would stand up to the abuse.

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's why I considered using some of that black no-bounce foam. I just don't think it would stand up to the abuse.

the blue stuff can handle the abuse. Doesn't crack or shed either.

Try the double sided foam tape. You would be surprised how well that holds up.

#190 9 years ago

I'm wrapping my WW with leather. Pics coming soon.

#191 9 years ago

I plan to just leave it bare metal. Took off the damaged decal last night. Looks fine. Should I be worried about damage to the metal ????

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

I plan to just leave it bare metal. Took off the damaged decal last night. Looks fine. Should I be worried about damage to the metal ????

That's what I plan on doing once my decal is in really bad shape. I don't think the bare metal is a problem. In fact, I think that's the way they are shipping them now. Stern sent me a new decal, but I doubt I will even install it.

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

That's what I was going to do until others said it would damage the metal over time

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Looks great! Do those clear rubbers bounce more than the white ones? If not, where can you get them? And considering you have a detailed order form, would you mind sharing it? It would streamline the process for alot of us here with little experience. Thanks for posting the pics and any help is appreciated.

The Boxcar I bought on ebay. Its a scale N micro train boxcar labeld under Norfolk Southern. The "A" I painted by myself
The clear rubbers do have more bounce than the black maybe little bit more than white ones.
More bouncing will help to minimize the side trains as per my experience in combination with the bigger diameter on the outlane rubbers.

#195 9 years ago

I've had mine bare metal for at least 100 plays or so and it looks fine. I actually like it, but then again I have a modded Zombie in place of the WWalker.

#196 9 years ago

Zombie!

20150120_121528.jpg20150120_121528.jpg
#197 9 years ago

So whatever happened to the Bloody Armor? Start of December Stern shared a pic of it on it's Facebook saying it would be available in a few weeks and then nothing. Anyone have the inside scoop?

#198 9 years ago

I couldn't take it any more, so I tore off what remained of my decal and installed some dead drop foam that I picked up from Pinbits a couple years ago. So far, it seems to be working well. I like the action a lot. I'll keep you guys posted about how it holds up ...

P1070161.JPGP1070161.JPG
P1070160.JPGP1070160.JPG

#199 9 years ago

I added a train car today & placed it where the train tracks are on the PF. It ends at a tunnel that I painted & installed on the back wall. Next is chain link fence throughout!

20150120_233042.jpg20150120_233042.jpg
20150120_233113.jpg20150120_233113.jpg
20150120_233142.jpg20150120_233142.jpg

20150121_130644.jpg20150121_130644.jpg 20150121_130528.jpg20150121_130528.jpg
#200 9 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

The ww is a fantastic mechanism eliminating all of the issues that wolverine had. The decal? What decal? Mine has none and never even knew there was one on the le.

If it was made of anything else but solid metal then there would be people like you whining that it wasn't made strong enough. Sling shot rubber? Are you for real? This is of the best and most durable bash mechanisms I've seen in pinball and as seen in other threads can also be easily changed out for other models.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-adjustments-and-mods/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.