New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 109444)

TWD Kill the Hillbilly.

By Hazoff

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Monarca1091
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If you're like me and would rather have zero call outs in this came, well unless really good one are eventually implemented then game adj # 102 Speech Attenuation turn up to 60, #101 Music Attenuation turn down to -60 and the hillbilly disappears, I like also that the music is louder, love the music in this game which is rare for me with pinball machines, anyway give it a try. It didn't affect the Zombie noises but does affect the dynamic's of volume during gameplay, although with out the call outs no need to lower music volume. I think its better, you might like it too.

I would hope that they go towards a sound a like or better yet actual actor from the show. I overheard 3 casual players last night commenting last night during their game on route about how it sucks that a Walking Dead pin has no characters or voices from the show in it. It's not just hardcore pinside people, casual players don't understand it either.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My wife and I found them to be hilarious. I think the southern accent is a must. The show is based in Georgia. I get it, they are corny, but I definitely don't think they are as repulsive as others say they are. I heard how horrible it was for weeks before I got to play one. Just glad it's not as bad as I thought I guess.

I don't think they are horrible, just odd. To have the pictures of the main characters on the side of the Pro and then have no trace (voice, pictures or dots) of any of them in the game doesn't feel right. Think of Tron with no character traces from the movie at all, just random call outs from a "techy" dude. When they see the name Walking Dead and the see the characters pictures on the game, they expect them to be part of the game in some form.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Palm Beach, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside