Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

If you're like me and would rather have zero call outs in this came, well unless really good one are eventually implemented then game adj # 102 Speech Attenuation turn up to 60, #101 Music Attenuation turn down to -60 and the hillbilly disappears, I like also that the music is louder, love the music in this game which is rare for me with pinball machines, anyway give it a try. It didn't affect the Zombie noises but does affect the dynamic's of volume during gameplay, although with out the call outs no need to lower music volume. I think its better, you might like it too.

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If you're like me and would rather have zero call outs in this came, well unless really good one are eventually implemented then game adj # 102 Speech Attenuation turn up to 60, #101 Music Attenuation turn down to -60 and the hillbilly disappears, I like also that the music is louder, love the music in this game which is rare for me with pinball machines, anyway give it a try. It didn't affect the Zombie noises but does affect the dynamic's of volume during gameplay, although with out the call outs no need to lower music volume. I think its better, you might like it too.

I would hope that they go towards a sound a like or better yet actual actor from the show. I overheard 3 casual players last night commenting last night during their game on route about how it sucks that a Walking Dead pin has no characters or voices from the show in it. It's not just hardcore pinside people, casual players don't understand it either.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I would hope that they go towards a sound a like or better yet actual actor from the show. I overheard 3 casual players last night commenting last night during their game on route about how it sucks that a Walking Dead pin has no characters or voices from the show in it. It's not just hardcore pinside people, casual players don't understand it either.

My wife and I found them to be hilarious. I think the southern accent is a must. The show is based in Georgia. I get it, they are corny, but I definitely don't think they are as repulsive as others say they are. I heard how horrible it was for weeks before I got to play one. Just glad it's not as bad as I thought I guess.

#4 9 years ago

I'm still messing around with the levels and once I find the perfect mix I'll post the settings. Right now I'm liking 50 on speech and - 45 on music. You can hear the hillbilly but music stay same volume so he's drowned out. There is a music volume adj but unfortunately its lowest setting is 1, if that could be turned down into the negative you would get such a nice balance of music and SFX. I will say full volume on modes is crazy.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My wife and I found them to be hilarious. I think the southern accent is a must. The show is based in Georgia. I get it, they are corny, but I definitely don't think they are as repulsive as others say they are. I heard how horrible it was for weeks before I got to play one. Just glad it's not as bad as I thought I guess.

I don't mind them but with out it feels different, solo adventure. Its strictly to taste.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't mind them but with out it feels different, solo adventure. Its strictly to taste.

I hear ya. Glad to know you can pull that off with the sound adjustments if you want. It's like the move I pulled with my surround sound during the South African world cup to eliminate the constant vuvuzela noise. Now that was brutal.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's like the move I pulled with my surround sound during the South African world cup to eliminate the constant vuvuzela noise. Now that was brutal.

That was brutal indeed. Just horrible.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't think they are horrible, just odd. To have the pictures of the main characters on the side of the Pro and then have no trace (voice, pictures or dots) of any of them in the game doesn't feel right. Think of Tron with no character traces from the movie at all, just random call outs from a "techy" dude. When they see the name Walking Dead and the see the characters pictures on the game, they expect them to be part of the game in some form.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I don't think they are horrible, just odd. To have the pictures of the main characters on the side of the Pro and then have no trace (voice, pictures or dots) of any of them in the game doesn't feel right. Think of Tron with nothing from the movie, just random call outs from a "techy" dude.

Yeah, I guess you have a point there. And at least in games like POTC, there are good fake voices. It actually sounds like Johnny Depp.

#10 9 years ago

I'm fine with a backglass change and making this a generic zombie themed pin. I like the show but don't really care that its not represented, I would have preferred Stern just made a Zombie pin anyway with out a license and used the extra cash to polish the game to greatness.

#11 9 years ago

Several have played mine and it never bothered anyone.

#12 9 years ago

Well, bring on the thumbs downs! I like it without the character call outs! I call it "The Keith Urban Power Pack".

I'm actually giving a lot of thought to buying it now because of that (and how well the other sounds, dots and shots are integrated).

#13 9 years ago

I hate the voice work less than I thought I would. Once you get to playing you hardly take notice, because the game is moving so fast.

Would I prefer Daryl or Merle doing them? Hell yes. The voice work just isn't good, but the game distracts enough it doesn't make me angry like watching the youtube videos did before the game was delivered.

#14 9 years ago

Voice callouts were the #1 reason I didn't get this game.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Voice callouts were the #1 reason I didn't get this game.

Well with how expensive these games are getting, they have to be a no doubt home run keeper to dive in and get one.

#16 9 years ago

TWD alternate translite

image.jpgimage.jpg
#17 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well with how expensive these games are getting, they have to be a no doubt home run keeper to dive in and get one.

That's just it. TWD is a dream theme for me, but dang, that hillbilly... Going with IM instead, so Stern still gets my money.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hear ya. Glad to know you can pull that off with the sound adjustments if you want. It's like the move I pulled with my surround sound during the South African world cup to eliminate the constant vuvuzela noise. Now that was brutal.

What TWD needs is some vuvuzela...

#19 9 years ago

Still hate the hillbilly car salesman!!

Bury him in a dark hole and release the kraken.

#20 9 years ago

JUST HAD AN IDEA!!!!!!

Kill the hillbilly mode!

Hillbilly callouts come one after another relentlessly till you make a few shots and then he gets eaten by Zombies, never to be heard again!!!!

YES!!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

JUST HAD AN IDEA!!!!!!
Kill the hillbilly mode!
Hillbilly callouts come one after another relentlessly till you make a few shots and then he gets eaten by Zombies, never to be heard again!!!!
YES!!

Haha. That would be a great mode. Then he comes back in wizard mode and it takes twice as many shots to get rid of him.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It doesn't make much sense. The real pisser, though, is if you aren't going to have call outs from the show, don't make matters worse by using terrible custom voices.

#23 9 years ago

Is this what stern thinks of sheriff Rick Grimes .....

image.jpgimage.jpg

GET-R-DONE !!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-kill-the-hillbilly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.