New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 117789)

TWD is first pin ... LE or Prem for future resale value

By Tim_in_NC

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jlm33
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi all ... Im a big fan of the walking dead and Sterns releases of TWD pin has gotten me interested in purchasing my first. Althougth the premium sounds like a better deal, would future resale be better on the LE machine if I were ever to sell ... thanks

#2 5 years ago

No. There's nearly no difference between the prem and LE. Get a premium.

#3 5 years ago

You got more to lose on LE resale wise if you get NIB. If you get a LE for $6500 (which they have sold for) HUO or something, that's another story. NIB wise I'd go Premium for less lost on resale.

#4 5 years ago

If they fail to finish the code like a number of their past games you are gonna lose your ass regardless

Best bet is to buy a premium HUO & local after all the modes/features actually work

#5 5 years ago

Try to buy a Minty HUO & save yourself a boat load of $. I don't think the LE will be worth any more $ than a Premium will down the road, but time will tell.

#6 5 years ago

You'll likely take more of a hit on the LE, but, in general, never count on any kind of preconceived resale value (good or bad) when dealing with pins. Buy only what you can afford...play it...hope that you can sell or trade it for reasonable coin. But don't count on reasonable coin.

#7 5 years ago

The game is a bit of a dog but they sold a ton of them based on theme alone.

With so many out there and what I believe will be lots of sellers in the near future I don't see this one being a great investment. You stand to lose more with the LE for sure but a smart buyer will just sit this one out NIB and buy at a discount used and HUO.

#8 5 years ago

I have an LE and love the cabinet art, but, if all you're concerned with is which one you'd lose less money on if you sell it, get the Premium.

#9 5 years ago

I have the LE and wouldn't think about selling it. Who knows what the values will be in 10 years, who
cares!

#10 5 years ago

Do the premium...pinball is the last thing u want to consider an "investment"

#11 5 years ago

Get the premium but wait for the code to be finished. No matter what you will lose money with this title though.

#12 5 years ago

Thanks everyone ... I'll most likely either purchase a new Premium or Gently Used LE ...

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Tim_in_NC:

Thanks everyone ... I'll most likely either purchase a new Premium or Gently Used LE ...

If you buy NIB, make sure you get it from one of the distributors recommended on here or you could end up paying too much.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I have the LE and wouldn't think about selling it. Who knows what the values will be in 10 years, who
cares!

I agree. In the end just buy the one you like the look of best and enjoy it. The game is incredible and you may end up keeping it anyway.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

cares!

This++. Sure, it is great if a pin gains or keeps it's value, but I don't buy based on it.

#16 5 years ago

Have you played TWD before buying?

Just asking...

Because that game generates contrasted reviews...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside