• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sarcasm.jpg
3s3k1d.jpg
boat.jpg
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

In my opinion, the only theme larger than The Walking Dead, might be Sons of Anarchy.

Since the TWD announcement, I have seen and heard of a good many local pins that are now on the market. Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Taxi, Dr. Who, and Who Dunnit It, to name a few.

The price if TWD admission is beyond what I am willing to spend. However, what are you looking to liquidate to buy in?

#2 9 years ago

Not that I need the cash so much but I need the space for the TWDLE, my HUO TSPP will be going up for sale as much as it kills me to do so.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Not that I need the cash so much but I need the space for the TWDLE, my HUO TSPP will be going up for sale as much as it kills me to do so.

Good point, space could be an issue for some.

For me, it's the cash. I'm cheap.

#4 9 years ago

I am selling my spot for the Iphone6 hope that's enough as I love my boat.
boat.jpgboat.jpg

#5 9 years ago

I'll likely sell my HUO POTC. That one ends up getting played the least, I. don't want to own more than 5 pins, and it offsets the cost of a TWD LE.

#6 9 years ago

Let me know when that EBD of yours becomes funding for a TWD

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

In my opinion, the only theme larger than The Walking Dead, might be Sons of Anarchy.

I would be so in on that theme as well, but since we just started the last season It's not gonna happen. But, Stern could just re-theme Harley Davidson and call it Sons of Anarchy

#8 9 years ago

Game of Thrones is pretty large id think.

#9 9 years ago

You know people are pissed w/ Vaults that its messing up the secondary market. If they keep on releasing good titles like TWD people will need to sell their pins to make room which is good for secondary market. i.e. a lot of people selling pins at to make room for NIB should lower those prices.

#10 9 years ago

I (and many others) are hoping this is exactly what happens.

I watch TWD but have no real interest in the pinball machine. I hope it knocks the prices down on some good older Stern/Williams/Bally/Sega/Data East DMD pins!

Although honestly I'm looking to trade right now and people selling to buy won't want to trade

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I watch TWD but have no real interest in the pinball machine. I hope it knocks the prices down on some good older Stern/Williams/Bally/Sega/Data East DMD pins!
Although honestly I'm looking to trade right now and people selling to buy won't want to trade

I assume the "Pinball machines for sale" forum is going to explode.

#12 9 years ago

Most nib sterns have been blowing the older games out of the water. Its hard to go back to the clunkers. Old used car vs new car.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

Most nib sterns have been blowing the older games out of the water. Its hard to go back to the clunkers. Old used car vs new car.

Could not agree more.
It's not the common point of view on here, but I'm with ya 100%.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

You really think the new Stern's are that superior to 90's Williams/Bally pins? Interesting.

"Blowing out of the water" is a bold statement. I have my favorite out of all the recent Stern's.....AC/DC but I still think my 93 STTNG is superior, all things considered.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

i agree, my favorite. bring the pin anytime, my money is ready.

#16 9 years ago

I lean towards the new Sterns NIB as well. Love the speed of the games... and that fresh out of the box experience... I'm new to the hobby this year. I bought Tron NIB in June now I'm adding IMVE.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

Let me know when that EBD of yours becomes funding for a TWD

Apparently you haven't seen my thread about "salvaging" my EBD.

It's going to be quite the project.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If Stern came out with a Game of Thrones pin, my wife would be fighting to get #001.

We both love the books and the HBO series.

#19 9 years ago

I doubt that TWD is a theme with broad enough appeal to move the market to an unusual extent. Pretty much the same as with other recent releases, it will cause *some* pinheads to liquidate *some* of their pins, and then after the brief spike, things will settle to the status quo.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

The one exception to this is Stern has been awful with code. I waited till just a couple weeks before Star Trek's code was about to drop . . . I am nervous Stern will have us waiting a year for decent code on this expensive game.

Surely Stern will try and beat its awful reputation and ship with decent code . . . surely that will happen this time and I won't relive XMen...

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from annointed:

I doubt that TWD is a theme with broad enough appeal to move the market to an unusual extent. Pretty much the same as with other recent releases, it will cause *some* pinheads to liquidate *some* of their pins, and then after the brief spike, things will settle to the status quo.

It will be a much bigger impact than Mustang. I actually think a lot of Pinsiders not in the growth mode will be having some games hit the market over the next month. Let's hope Stern's code makes it worth doing this . . .

#22 9 years ago

There has not been any new Stern that would make me sell TZ,WH2O,IJ,LOTR or AFM. Not even close. Especially TWD that is nothing new just a rehash of IM and Met.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

There has not been any new Stern that would make me sell TZ,WH2O,IJ,LOTR or AFM. Not even close. Especially TWD that is nothing new just a rehash of IM and Met.

3s3k1d.jpg3s3k1d.jpg
#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Why would you want to test your luck on the most unlikely event that someone is willing to trade exactly the pin you want in exactly the condition you want AND on the other hand is interested in the pin you are offering in exactly the condition it's in? Plus the hassle of finding a true and fair value (+ or - cash) for both sides.

They invented money a long time ago to get over all these problems with direct trading....

Sell your machine machine and buy another one, where's the problem?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

They invented money a long time ago to get over all these problems with direct trading....

Trading is sometimes a way to share the travel. But I agree it is very rare to have exact pinball matching and financial requirements...

#26 9 years ago

About half of the games that have left my collection have been traded out.

Shadow for a CFTBL
DE Batman for a Slugfest
EATPM for a Whirlwind
Demolition man for a Godzilla (effectively)
JM/NF/JD for a Pinball Magic and Shadow
Funhouse for a Batman Forever
DE Simpsons for a super nice Baby Pacman

Trades are great!

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The one exception to this is Stern has been awful with code. I waited till just a couple weeks before Star Trek's code was about to drop . . . I am nervous Stern will have us waiting a year for decent code on this expensive game.
Surely Stern will try and beat its awful reputation and ship with decent code . . . surely that will happen this time and I won't relive XMen...

I thought it might help you to read that from a third person view Tiger. You know that's not gonna happen right?

#28 9 years ago

My wife who is not into pinball at all and told me we have to have TWD. I have no room for another game so I will be selling a couple of my cheaper games to get it.

But this NIB purchase will not be for a long time. I have learned my lesson with my last few NIB games X-Men, ST and MET. I am going to wait until the code is complete before my purchase.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I thought it might help you to read that from a third person view Tiger. You know that's not gonna happen right?

I'm keeping the faith that we will have mostly completed code on ship date for this title . . . I think Stern has learned a lot over the past couple years (check the art package as an example, two years ago it would have been a photo shop party).

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

When did you play TWD?

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Why would you want to test your luck on the most unlikely event that someone is willing to trade exactly the pin you want in exactly the condition you want AND on the other hand is interested in the pin you are offering in exactly the condition it's in? Plus the hassle of finding a true and fair value (+ or - cash) for both sides.

Maybe living in Michigan has it's benefits......I've traded many times. It's not that hard and can be a real time saver. I've had trades happen much faster than sales. There are a crap ton of machines that are in the same ballpark price wise. Usually a little cash moves one way or the other depending on condition and titles involved. Really not that difficult.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Since the TWD announcement, I have seen and heard of a good many local pins that are now on the market. Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Taxi, Dr. Who, and WHO dunnit It, to name a few.
The price if TWD admission is beyond what I am willing to spend. However, what are you looking to liquidate to buy in?

Sons of Anarchy is on its way out in the last season. It's ship has sailed.

Whomever gets Star Wars will sell major units. Think of world wide appeal not just stateside.
Doctor Who and Led Zeppelin also get my vote. I still think Mad Max will be the blockbuster of summer 2015, man that has Ritchie written all over it !

Game of Thrones is huge but I just don't know if it relates to a pinball theme.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Game of Thrones is huge but I just don't know if it relates to a pinball theme.

#34 9 years ago

Game of thrones could be epic. Select the great house you will play as and get that darn iron throne while stopping the white walkers from destroying the wall.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Game of thrones could be epic. Select the great house you will play as and get that darn iron throne while stopping the white walkers from destroying the wall.

Well, Stern has the license so I guess we will see how it turns out.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Well, Stern has the license so I guess we will see how it turns out.

How do we know they have it? I may have missed it. I hope it is before Kiss....

#37 9 years ago

Even with SOA finishing up this season, I still think it would be a good seller for some pin company. Like the preview special said, it's the number one show for inmates in prison. Maybe Stern should go for a "captive" audience.

As for Game of Thrones.......WOW, that show is selling like crazy, books, DVDs, toys...

It relates as well as any theme. Just look at how popular LOTR and MM are, and I think the theme is similar. The buzz around the Hobbit would be larger, if they would actually produce the game.

#38 9 years ago

If the Hobbit makes it into full production it will sell a lot of games. It looks like they are going for quicker gameplay than WOZ, I'm a likely buyer of the hobbit but won't preorder...will pay a premium to buy one from a distro when available though...as many will I bet.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I will be selling my "blinged" Nascar for TWD. Especially, IM and MET are just a rehash of Nascar. You know, the same left ramp, bash toy in the middle, right ramp, drop targets on the side, pop bumpers in the rear, 2 flippers and a shooter lane on the right.

#40 9 years ago

GPROTEIN, You are so right, Nascar is a rehash of IM and Met. You are an extremely sharp person.

#41 9 years ago

I love it when a new good pin comes out! People start selling stuff that they normally wouldn't sell and when they sell all at once the market becomes saturated. That's when the great deals come out. So what have you got for sale? I'm looking for a defender pinball. Ed

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

I love it when a new good pin comes out! People start selling stuff that they normally wouldn't sell and when they sell all at once the market becomes saturated. That's when the great deals come out. So what have you got for sale? I'm looking for a defender pinball. Ed

I am looking at this as an opportunity to pick up another pin or two, at early 2000's prices.

Let's see, maybe a CFTBL, Dracula, Fish Tales, Taxi, Revenge from Mars.........

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

I'm looking for a defender pinball. Ed

And I bet you're looking to get it Fast.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

GPROTEIN, You are so right, Nascar is a rehash of IM and Met. You are an extremely sharp person.

Not as sharp as you are apparantly, since you are the one who figured out TWD is just a rehash based on pics alone all by yourself.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Since the TWD announcement, I have seen and heard of a good many local pins that are now on the market. Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Taxi, Dr. Who, and WHO dunnit It, to name a few.

Liquidate? Answer:nothing. This "sell it off" game has been going on for decades. "The great sell off" just before a title is released and the hype train people board, just because of a theme.

It makes me sick that people are so easily sueded. Doesn't anyone here have any (pin)balls any more?

Sure, certain pins are works of art, but how can you shell out NIB money before you've ever even played the game? Would you agree to buy a new car before a test drive?

You ask people that preordered an LE, "what if the gameplay sucks?".... people always respond "I don't care, It's TWD, how could it not be a good fit for me? Sell it all..." (to me-that is ) Anyone have a T3 going to Chi EXPO for sale?

This whole "buying before you try it" reminds me of fathers offering their daughters for "arranged marriages" as repayment for something. So wrong...

I also want to adimantely stress that everyone should be able to spend cash on whatever they want, free of criticism for that. Just don't saccrafice great classic pinball titles, expecting a new game to somehow equal them. When you play the "newer is always better" game, you will eventually be disappointed and you USUALLY lose money in the process.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

And I bet you're looking to get it Fast.

Don't believe him. He doesn't want one THAT bad.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Especially TWD that is nothing new just a rehash of IM and Met.

Well isn't that great...so basically you get a IM AND a MET, all wrapped in an awesome zombie theme, when you buy TWD? This must be the best deal of all times!

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

sarcasm.jpgsarcasm.jpg

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good luck with that. I have zero confidence Stern will change their model. Buy now, roll the dice.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

Crazy talk.

Stern has made some good pins but no way are they broadly better than the top B/W pins. While some rule sets may be more complex, the overall design, art, sound, rules, fun factor of 90s pins like IJ, TZ, Shadow, MM, Whitewater, TAF, to mention a few, blow most Sterns away. IMO of course.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-has-been-announced-sell-it-all and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.