(Topic ID: 156895)

TWD *hand drawn* alternative translite - Completed!

By hassanchop

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by shovelhed
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

03D7AA30-DF26-40B8-BD9D-86DDDE3247E5 (resized).jpeg
B2621D69-F3F6-497A-ACE9-7EF47B816C52 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191011_092417_1~2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
giphytwd.gif
P1010431 (resized).JPG
B1C72D3A-0419-41A7-AAFF-D8F186176FB9 (resized).jpeg
P1010422 (resized).JPG
P1010428 (resized).JPG
BE19F687-5FE0-4020-8D67-73A1DB94199F (resized).jpeg
20190613_162114 (resized).jpg
20190613_161355 (resized).jpg
20190613_172749 (resized).jpg
13651 (resized).jpeg
TWD_new_TL1 (resized).jpg
TWD_new_TL2 (resized).jpg
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 4 years ago

Much better

#152 4 years ago

Test print should arrive any day now

twd (resized).jpgtwd (resized).jpg

#153 4 years ago

Looks really good!

#154 4 years ago

Love the Pro with the blood and the white lettering. Absolutely Beautiful!.... in a blood soaked way, of course

#155 4 years ago

Wow just found this thread amazing work hassanchop.

#156 4 years ago

How can i get one of these in the UK? TWD is the one game that will never leave my collection, but this translite is a MUST.

#157 4 years ago

Just got back from a work trip and will resume the project.
Right now I am waiting for the print tests

#158 4 years ago

All the versions are done
pro, pro with premium colors, pro p colors blood, premium, and premium blood:

twd copy (resized).jpgtwd copy (resized).jpg

#159 4 years ago

I'll take a pro prem with blood when you get them

#160 4 years ago

Looking great. Leaning toward the Premium/Green with blood. Never liked the factory translite and even pulled the bulb to remove reflections on the glass, but may have to come up with some other light solution for this one

#161 4 years ago

Fed, you need too show these in the TWD owners thread! I'm sure not many of the owners have seen this thread. You know the one I want LOL.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

even pulled the bulb to remove reflections on the glass, but may have to come up with some other light solution for this one

lol

Quoted from Captainhook:

you need too show these in the TWD owners thread! I'm sure not many of the owners have seen this thread.

I did mentioned it a few times now. Will do it again of course

#163 4 years ago

likely in for prem w/blood. Has the price been announced?

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

All the versions are done
pro, pro with premium colors, pro p colors blood, premium, and premium blood:
[quoted image]

Waiting patiently for more info to get some!

#166 4 years ago

test print has arrived! Sunday I will have it in my hands

27c9ec5b-90e0-4248-8243-c4b6f7017b8f copy (resized).jpg27c9ec5b-90e0-4248-8243-c4b6f7017b8f copy (resized).jpg

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

test print has arrived! Sunday I will have it in my hands
[quoted image]

Looking good man!

#168 4 years ago

Got my hands on the test and it looks very good. I am really happy with it and already know what adjustments to do.
Clearly the way to go is the most saturated version (columns 1and 3):
(*It's very hard to show this accurately with pictures...*)
WhatsApp Image 2019-05-13 at 09.07.53 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-05-13 at 09.07.53 (resized).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-05-13 at 09.07.58 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-05-13 at 09.07.58 (resized).jpeg

The biggest adjustment is to move the image a little more to the top, because all the lower walkers got chopped
WhatsApp Image 2019-05-13 at 09.07.59 2 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-05-13 at 09.07.59 2 (resized).jpeg

#169 4 years ago

The goodies are almost ready as well
A signed print with the first drawing ever to be made for this project.... 3 years ago lol
And the stickers to put on the machine or other place... back of the car maybe?

twd g copy (resized).jpgtwd g copy (resized).jpg

twd h copy (resized).jpgtwd h copy (resized).jpg

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

The goodies are almost ready as well
A signed print with the first drawing ever to be made for this project.... 3 years ago lol
And the stickers to put on the machine or other place... back of the car maybe?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That's a really cool touch!

#171 4 years ago

Almost set!

I guess we can call this the flyer:
(numbers are for illustrative purposes only)
TWD alternate translite copy (resized).jpgTWD alternate translite copy (resized).jpg

#172 4 years ago

They all look great. I like the pemium green w/ blood best.

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Almost set!
[quoted image]

I'm in for a Premium. Let me know how much to ship to Canada.

Obrigado!!!!

-Winston.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Almost set!
[quoted image]

PM sent!

#175 4 years ago

Looking forward to getting my PM with the purchase details. Package is looking real nice. I am still thinking the pro color blood edition is the one for me!

#176 4 years ago

Payment sent!

#177 4 years ago

Ditto Went with the Premium with Blood.

#178 4 years ago

Payment sent. This is going to look so great next to my BKSORLE.

#179 4 years ago

What's the cost?

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

What's the cost?

Happily paid.

#181 4 years ago

I’m in! How do you order?

#182 4 years ago

PM the OP.

#183 4 years ago

payment sent yesterday

might be the only alternative translite I'll ever buy

I got the pro with blood

#184 4 years ago

Ordered! I went with the pro premium with no blood. Looking forward to receiving! It’s a huge upgrade to the pin. Thanks!

#185 4 years ago

Sending payment tonight for two of the color pro with blood. One for me and one for another pinball enthusiast here in Calgary. I suggest everyone thinking about this get their orders in now. The OP is not going to do another run after this one. Can’t wait to get mine. Thanks again for sharing this amazing artwork with us!

#186 4 years ago

I'm in on the Bloody Premium.

#187 4 years ago

All your comments and support have been amazing during this project!
I am really overwhelmed by such enthusiasm and joy. This is what I love about pinball: to share the happiness and excitement across all pin fans!

#188 4 years ago

Tubes were collected today.
Yes.... the guy that does all the packages drives a SLK Mercedes. So this means the translites will all drive a Mercedes before they reach their destination..

1 (resized).jpeg1 (resized).jpeg
#189 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Tubes were collected today.
Yes.... the guy that does all the packages drives a SLK Mercedes. So this means the translites will all drive a Mercedes before they reach their destination.. [quoted image]

Now that is a sweet ride for some sweeter translites! I just read back to the beginning of this post and I am proud to have been post #12 and following from the start - LOL. What an awesome project. This came a long way from your first drawing at the start. What a journey. I can’t wait for its conclusion with this artwork proudly on my machine!

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Now that is a sweet ride for some sweeter translites! I just read back to the beginning of this post and I am proud to have been post #12 and following from the start - LOL. What an awesome project. This came a long way from your first drawing at the start. What a journey. I can’t wait for its conclusion with this artwork proudly on my machine!

Will we get something on glass, or just the rolled-up film that needs to be stretched over glass?
I've ordered in any event, so it is damn the torpedoes from here.

#191 4 years ago

Pro Blood for me. Will go nicely with my blood armor package. Can't wait to receive this!

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Will we get something on glass, or just the rolled-up film that needs to be stretched over glass?

I don't know for certain, but I assume you're getting a standard rolled up translite... if you're swapping one from a TWD then you will need to pop off the plastic channels. They usually have double sided tape on them to both hold the translite down and stick to the plastic channels. So it takes a bit of prying to get the channels off. I swapped one on my MET when I had it and if done carefully the double sided tape can be peeled from the side of the glass with the translite on it and reused on the new translite without have to take the tape all the way off.

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I assume you're getting a standard rolled up translite... if you're swapping one from a TWD then you will need to pop off the plastic channels.

This is correct.

Quoted from roar:

They usually have double sided tape on them to both hold the translite down and stick to the plastic channels. So it takes a bit of prying to get the channels off. I swapped one on my MET when I had it and if done carefully the double sided tape can be peeled from the side of the glass with the translite on it and reused on the new translite without have to take the tape all the way off.

I never used tape to put translites. The tape will damage the translite after some time. Ok it will be on parts that will probably be out of the visible area, but still. You can easily lock the translite with those plastic channels.

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

This is correct.

I never used tape to put translites. The tape will damage the translite after some time. Ok it will be on parts that will probably be out of the visible area, but still. You can easily lock the translite with those plastic channels.

I understand that for sure... my MET had the tape on it, so I left it on when I put the new translite in... my MET was from the first run too and no damage to the old translite when removing the tape, but given enough time I'd agree, if your plastic channels fit snug enough without the tape it should all hold together with friction just fine.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I understand that for sure... my MET had the tape on it, so I left it on when I put the new translite in... my MET was from the first run too and no damage to the old translite when removing the tape, but given enough time I'd agree, if your plastic channels fit snug enough without the tape it should all hold together with friction just fine.

Yeah I never saw the tape damage any translite on a newer Stern... but I never saw tape on a newer Stern lol
What I saw was tape on some 90s William's that damaged the translite after all these years.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

All your comments and support have been amazing during this project!
I am really overwhelmed by such enthusiasm and joy. This is what I love about pinball: to share the happiness and excitement across all pin fans!

It really is an amazing little piece of art, and the variations really help make it work on any flavor of the machine. I'm sure you'll sell a boatload, and it was worth the wait.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Yeah for sure... you will just receive the rolled up one which can be used to replace the one in your current Walking Dead translite. All the hardware on your current translite will be used to mount the new one.

Then you can take the current translite and burn it! Lol. Or it will store nicely forever in the same torpedo canister... if you ever sell the machine, give it with the old translite or charge more with this artwork included. The custom art could be framed and stand up on its own mounted for wall hanging. I’m never giving up mine.

#198 4 years ago

Quoted from pinchamp:if you ever sell the machine

Who will ever sell a machine with a masterpiece like this??

#199 4 years ago

Have just ordered my Pro Color Blood version. Cant wait to see it!

#200 4 years ago

Got word that some emails ended up on the junk folder.
To all that sent me the email address, I ask to check the junk folder in case you got nothing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 16.00
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-hand-drawn-alternative-translite-wip/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.